Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,341 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman (10359 Views)

3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. / Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos / Don Zino Osieme: List Of Adulterous Pastors & Politicians In Isoko, Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by SPTruth: 8:11am On Feb 13, 2022
John 8: 1-11
1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them.

3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group

4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery.

5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?”

6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.

7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”

8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.

10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said. “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

9 Likes

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by SPTruth: 8:13am On Feb 13, 2022
1. Jesus told her to go and sin no more.

We profess with our mouths and hearts that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. Whenever Jesus saves, the first thing that takes place is repentance. In John 5:14, He told the lame man he healed by the pool to go and sin no more, or something worse will befall him. When he encountered Zaccheus, Zaccheus repented and restituted and gave the money he had acquired illegaly to the poor. (Luke 19:1-10).
Jesus told the adulterous woman to go and sin no more. And, that is the message He has for many of us today.
A true encounter with Jesus leads to repentance and a change from a life of sin to a life of righteous living. You cannot claim to know Him and have met Him, and yet be living in active sin. Remember, He is the giver of Grace, He that told you to stop sinning will also give the Grace to do so, if you are ready to heed to His call.
Will you hearken your ears and listen to Him?

2 Jesus knows the hearts of men.

Jesus knew the people had come to bring her to condemnation, not because they cared about Moses' law or because they respected God, but rather to trap Him. Same way, many of us are guilty to judging others, not because of Our Faith in Jesus or out of true love for God, but to condemn our fellow humans, spoil their character in public and raise the banner of self-righteousness. Jesus condemned no one and neither should we do same. The promiscuous young girl in your street isn't beyond redemption. You are no better than her, you are just privileged to have met the saving Grace of the Lord before her. Why not then, take the Gospel to her, before the devil gets her fully? Why not use your mouth for evangelism not gossiping? No human is beyond redemption. Pray for those who are entrenched in sin around you today, reach out to them and share the Good news about God to them. Just like our Master, we have been called to pray and preach to them not condemn them.

3. Harden not your heart.

When the Lord encounters you and warns you to stop sinning through the lips of a believer, don't harden your heart. Listen to Him today and repent, for even tomorrow might be too late. Don't make a mockery of any one preaching righteousness to you, because it will be a witness against you that you were warned, rather take the advise and pray to God for His Grace not to sin again. May the Grace of Jesus continue to speak for us in our navigation through this earth in Jesus name, Amen

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by EnemyofGod22(m): 8:21am On Feb 13, 2022
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

First to comment,Congratulations to me, lalasticlala, mynd44, justwise, dragnet,etc, should I send my bank account details now or later ? Because I heard unna the send money to first to comment for nairaland.

Back to the topic.

There's nothing one can learn from someone who doesn't exist,

I will continue preaching to the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools until their eyes open,

Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Allah, Satan and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable potable concretible approvable evidence of their existence.

Heaven and hellfire doesn't exist,no evidence.

Know this and have peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by jesusjnr1: 8:37am On Feb 13, 2022
One thing I learnt from that instance is how important "sinning no more" means in one's salvation.

Jesus could have simply not condemned her because of her sin as the others wanted to do, and just told her to "go" after saving her life from their hands, because He had already done a whole lot for her which she would have been very grateful to Him for. But He added, "sin no more", which speaks volumes.

The reason He said that, was because even if saved her life from the hands of those who wanted to condemn her, and did not condemn her Himself despite having the right and qualification to do so having no sin in Him, if she continued sinning regardless, her sins would eventually condemn her.

Therefore what Jesus said to the woman caught in the very act of adultery, i say to all sinners, neither do I condemn you, but go and sin no more.

God bless.

14 Likes

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by slawormiir: 10:18am On Feb 13, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Ain't learning no shit from Jesus
There ain't nothing special about Jesus...he was just like every other prophet...
One overrated damnnn moda fuckkking prophet...suffering from delusion of grandeur
Through him humanity and the world was deceived to believe that there is one imaginary being up there in the sky called God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by SwissMass: 10:20am On Feb 13, 2022
Go and sin no more shows that no eternal security if you don't continue in righteousness and holiness, you are wasting your time thinking you can go back to sin after salvation, it will put you in hell before you know, sinners that continue going to church will still go to hell, no remedy unless you are sanctified.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by NwaNimo1(m): 10:20am On Feb 13, 2022
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by sammysmiles(m): 10:21am On Feb 13, 2022
Go and sin no more was not an instruction, but an empowerment by Jesus to the woman over sin, cause everything about Jesus carried power including his words

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by SwissMass: 10:22am On Feb 13, 2022
of course you can't
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Mark 4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by VEXT: 10:22am On Feb 13, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

No one cares cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by diplomat058(m): 10:25am On Feb 13, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

There ain't nothing special about Jesus...he was just like every other prophet...
One overrated damnnn moda fuckkking prophet...suffering from delusion of grandeur
Through him humanity and the world was deceived to believe that there is one imaginary being up there in the sky called God
Believe me, this is a matter of eternity; of a time you won't be able to say "damn niggar" in the presence of your Creator. What this piece is saying is that no one is too rotten to be saved. You can, also. You should, to secure your eternity. God bless you

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by ABIODUN105(m): 10:25am On Feb 13, 2022
Go and sin no more will be my watchword henceth.

Jesus love sinner but hate sin

Lovely write op and happy sunday

3 Likes

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by Imstrong2(m): 10:26am On Feb 13, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Your choice, your life as for me and other believers we are yet to recover from his overwhelming love

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by tiswell(m): 10:28am On Feb 13, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Hand go soon touch you

6 Likes

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by Dogi1(m): 10:37am On Feb 13, 2022
Thank you for the clear message.
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by Edusouls(m): 10:38am On Feb 13, 2022
Sick man , go start taking drugs and seek for help from professionals before it’s too late
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

2 Likes

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by phemmyfour: 10:38am On Feb 13, 2022
He loves us but hated sin

He condemned her sin saying "Go n Sin no More"

We should condemn sin and not the sinner

1 Like

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by GreatAxeMan: 10:41am On Feb 13, 2022
No wonder you're always saying Damnn niggar. You're actually the Niggar who has been damned. You're just too stupid to know it.

slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

10 Likes

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by GardenOfGod(m): 10:45am On Feb 13, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

I will continue preaching to the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools until their eyes open,

Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Allah, Satan and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable potable concretible approvable evidence of their existence.

What reliable verifiable potable concretible approvable evidence do you have that your mind exist?

5 Likes

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by advocatejare(m): 10:46am On Feb 13, 2022
Jesus the merciful who didn’t come to condemn the world but to bring sinners to repentance!
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by RightChannel: 10:53am On Feb 13, 2022
Had it been it was Muhammad, beheading is her end story
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by clarkmos15(m): 11:02am On Feb 13, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

So slawormiir sef na atheist
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 13, 2022
RightChannel:
Had it been it was Muhammad, beheading is her end story
Must you?
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by Eriokanmi: 11:04am On Feb 13, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

This can only come from someone like you. I'm not surprised. Your posts from your old moniker slawormir and this modified one are a proof of where you belong . You need help brother.
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by shalomm: 11:05am On Feb 13, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

I feel sorry for you. It's okay not too believe but you don't need to blasphem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by OBALOLA55(m): 11:06am On Feb 13, 2022
GOSPEL OF CHRIST (LAW) IS NOT A UNIVERSAL LAW, IT WAS SPECIFICALLY MEANT FOR THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL.

ALL THESE BRAINWASHED CHRISTIANS NOR DEY HEAR WORD
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by Spaldino(m): 11:09am On Feb 13, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

First to comment,Congratulations to me, lalasticlala, mynd44, justwise, dragnet,etc, should I send my bank account details now or later ? Because I heard unna the send money to first to comment for nairaland.

Back to the topic.

Enemy of God, so if God doesn't exist, whose enemy are you then? Borrow sense, because it's apparent you don't have any.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by dialfa: 11:22am On Feb 13, 2022
What?! Jesus had no pen and paper?
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman by EnemyofGod22(m): 11:25am On Feb 13, 2022
Spaldino:

Enemy of God, so if God doesn't exist, whose enemy are you then? Borrow sense, because it's apparent you don't have any.

I'm enemy of myself.i hope you are happy now ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seyibrown And Nopuqeater Try To Explain! / Pre-birth Memories - Life Before Birth / Sinners Will Cry 'had I Known'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.