Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,059 members, 7,807,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) (23888 Views)

99% Of Human Beings Are Going To Hell - Mummy G.O (Video) / Mummy G.O Fabrics Now On Sale / Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Niece: 10:20am On Feb 13, 2022
A Nigerian controversial evangelist, Funmilayo Adebayo commonly known as Mummy G.O has opined that speaking in tongues is not a heavenly language.

Funmilayo Adebayo who is the founder of Rapture Proclaimer Evangelical Church of God made this known during one of her church services.
Funmilayo Adebayo who stated that speaking in tongues is not a heavenly language gave an instance and said that speaking in tongues is like a Yoruba man speaking an Igbo language.

“Excuse me, speaking in tongues is language. And let me tell you, it is not language of heaven. Speaking in tongues is Yoruba man speaking Igbo live”
, she said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeM_dbQnwsc

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ6YOoXIqFs/

6 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:26am On Feb 13, 2022
You Christians and Religious folks should never be taken serious cos y'all are bunch of confused persons..
One is saying something..their book is saying another..their pastor is saying another..
Keep deceiving gullible ones... undecided
The division is just too much.. should they follow their God..or this clueless pastoress or their so called pastor..
Look how they are dragging their faith like it's some kinda comedy show.. undecided

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by wizonlyson: 10:26am On Feb 13, 2022
angry angry this woman, stop all this shits... its too early, for this your stupidlity..abeg find somewhere go, if u no get work, to do..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Righteousness2(m): 10:27am On Feb 13, 2022
I do not know the point Evang. Fummi is driving at, what I know is;
Speaking in tongues is not what you learn or imitate.
Speaking in tongues is not what u Carnally or Physically do.
Speaking in tongues is not rapping .

Speaking in tongues starts as a result of the HOLYGHOST Power and Unction descending on a human.

Speaking in tongues is Communicating with the throne of the ANCIENT of Days in a Higher level language.

You must understand that the HOLYGHOST does not Dwell were sin is . It is a Spiritual thing. The HOLYGHOST comes in a Saved, Sanctified Heart that is Dead to Sin and Hungry for Holiness.

Trying to just speak in tongues Carnally is a Fruitless exercise.

125 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by LordIsaac(m): 10:28am On Feb 13, 2022
It is true....if you go by what happened in Acts. Most of these pentecostal pastors are just been delusional. How can you be leading prayers in tongues which no one else can understand and interpret? That's gibberish if you asked me.

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by WATCHOVER(m): 10:35am On Feb 13, 2022
wizonlyson:
angry angry this woman, stop all this shits... its too early, for this your stupidlity..abeg find somewhere go, if u no get work, to do..
She spoke the truth, but according to this reporter she did not put it in the right way, Tongues means Languages, ability for you to speak and understand those languages that are not yours, and you were never taught makes it heavenly gift.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Dorcmass(m): 10:41am On Feb 13, 2022
This mummy is just trending pass oxlade sex tape aswear
no be by force na. if u no get wetin u wan talk u better sleep

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by joyandfaith: 10:53am On Feb 13, 2022
She is right. Speaking in tongues is ability to speak in various languages or tongues spontaneously under influence of holy spirit.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by redsun(m): 11:13am On Feb 13, 2022
Speaking in tongue is a logical moment of madness. And it goes to show that almost all the ardent followers of organised religion are clinically insane.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
I wanted to be sure what she meant before I commented, and having done so I believe she had a valid point.

When tongues were first spoken in the church on the day of Pentecost, it was a language all men present there could understand, despite that those speaking it were not of the same dialect with them, and may not even understand what they were saying themselves. Acts 2

It's not rocket science but because it wasn't them but the Holy Spirit speaking, so He could speak in a language all men could understand, because He understands man and could connect them more than anyone else, being the One they all have in common, and the Breath of life God breathed into man to make man a living soul.

So speaking in tongues is the language of the Spirit of God but not necessarily a heavenly language which men cannot understand as many of the church have been misled to think.

God bless.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by MaverickA3: 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
If you agree or disagree with her, let me ask you this, "have you been to heaven to know the language they speak?"

6 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by uchaymart(m): 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
WEREY
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Goldbw122(m): 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
cheesy cheesy this woman will soon write her own bible very soon, that is what I have seen.

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Naughtysex: 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
I agreed with her on this

I'm not a Christian neither a Muslim but any Christan who believe that speaking in tongues is an heavenly language needs his /her brain checked

It was written in the book (bible) you guys read that in the time of Pentecost ,people who saw Jesus disciples speaking in tongues heard their different languages
But what you will hear Christans speaking now is jargons in the name of speaking in tongues, you will hear is "sha prapra, sha pra pra, lick lick lick lick"

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
Our Darling Mummy G.O don come again ooo

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
uchaymart:
WEREY
wizonlyson:

You are calling a woman of God with divine anointing a mad woman.

Later in life, y'all will be asking questions of where things went wrong.
Better Pray to God for forgiveness.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by tommy589(m): 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
Mummy G.O,but some white garment member when in trance speak in tongue and some understand to interpret. If you listen very well they speak a mixture of Arabic, french and other languages not easy to decpher

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Simple51624(f): 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
Orisirisi, wonders shall never end....

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by phemmyfour: 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
She's is a joke

1 Cor 13:1
1If I speak in the tongues a of men or of angels

1Cor 14:2

2For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit

10 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by WibusJaga: 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2022

What does this semi-illitrate woman know about Christian doctrines? I only pity grown-ass men who sit down to listen to the woman's ministration.

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by ImoleNaija: 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
As long as no one could understand or interprete your tongue-speaking, you're either saying gibberish or no one amongst the whole congregation has holy spirit.

One day, una go use your mouth call a legion of demons that you are available for beating. Dem go beat nonsense comot for your body that day ehn.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by chukbonda(m): 8:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves
There is no harm in SELF EDIFICATION

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by TrustworthyQ: 8:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
There's nothing like speaking in tongues. It's either you're talking rubbish or you're blabbing angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by IgOga(m): 8:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
Tongues = languages ....King James English

5 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by kenbee(f): 8:20pm On Feb 13, 2022
Kk
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by fatymore(f): 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
Wahala. If you don't have a val for tomorrow.dm me cheesy

Na joke ooo

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Xxxtacy: 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
Light that sh*t my mama cheesy

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Heterodox(m): 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
tommy589:
How come white garment speak in tongue and some understand
White garment churches are spiritual churches run by access to spiritual dimensions.

What you call tongues are not actually tongues. It's a case of a one soul translating the language of the timeline the channeler is in to the native language of the listeners.

What we call tongues are actually forgotten languages of the past lost to times.

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by BruncleZuma: 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
Table Shaker
Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by 0maj: 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
Righteousness2:
I do not know the point Evang. Fummi is driving at, what I know is;
Speaking in tongues is not what you learn or imitate.
Speaking in tongues is not what u Carnally or Physically do.
Speaking in tongues is not rapping .

Speaking in tongues starts as a result of the HOLYGHOST Power and Unction descending on a human.

Speaking in tongues is Communicating with the throne of the ANCIENT of Days in a Higher level language.

You must understand that the HOLYGHOST does not Dwell were sin is . It is a Spiritual thing. The HOLYGHOST comes in a Saved, Sanctified Heart that is Dead to Sin and Hungry for Holiness.

Trying to just speak in tongues Carnally is a Fruitless exercise.
and where is it written in the bible that one should speak in tongue? Are u nt being clueless?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by enthronedbyGod1: 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
The Bible is our guide , not mummy GO. Every Christian should endeavour to study scriptures for his/herself. Every true preacher of the gospel should be able to back their sermons up with the Bible.
The scriptures is clear on this matter so we'd look at what the scriptures say about tongues.
1 Corinthians 12: 10c - To another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1 Corinthians 13:1a - Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels.
From these scriptures we can see there are diverse kinds of tongues. The scriptures clearly states that there are tongues of angels and that of men.
When people speak in tongues they either speak with the tongues of angels or with tongues of men( tongues not familiar to them).
This is why we have another gift called gift of interpretation of tongues, if there was nothing as tongues of angels there'd be no need to interpret it supernaturally. Anyone who tells you that there is nothing like heavenly tongues ( tongues of angels) is either ignorant or intentionally trying to mislead people.
I have spoken and still speak with the tongue of angels as the Spirit leads and have interpreted sometimes through the gift of interpretation by God's special grace.
Don't let anyone deceive you. We have heavenly tongues ( tongues of angels)

Study to show yourself approved unto God an unashamed workman that rightly divides truth of God's words.

14 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) by Ayoefa: 8:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
Another religious lunatic.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Types Of People You'll Find At The Crossover Service. / Can We Pay Tithes From Money Gotten From MMM??? / Russian Orthodox Church In Amsterdam Announces Split With Moscow Due To Ukraine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.