Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? (1818 Views)

Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. / Time To Divorce My Wife? / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:27am On Feb 13, 2022
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:27am On Feb 13, 2022
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:28am On Feb 13, 2022
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:29am On Feb 13, 2022
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2022
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by silverlinen(m): 10:37am On Feb 13, 2022
Because dey get the money and those natural money sucker no fit see money comot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by baby124: 11:50am On Feb 13, 2022
Ego, money and connections from the man. Laziness, greed and dependency of the women. Even if it’s to sell Akara. Women should have something doing. No shame in making your own money legitimately. It just gives YOU security that no body can take from you.
Most rich men are very stingy. They are users so, if you submit yourself to them without something of your own, you will be used, abused and discarded for the next.
Most women stay at home completely doing nothing even after their kids have gone to school. They say that’s what they and the man planned. Lol. Only for the man to turn on them and start misbehaving. We are in a world where everything is digital now.

Don’t leave your job for any child. They will grow and leave you to face their own lives. Don’t live for anybody, live for yourself and provide love/accommodate who is important in your life.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Richy4(m): 12:14pm On Feb 13, 2022
It's not really easy...
<<<I'm gonna use Bible as my illustration...
When God asked the children of Israel to leave ( divorce) Egypt...

<<<They were happy initially... But as they journeyed along, they saw nothing but the stretched desert, they eat only mannna and a little meat...

<<<<They now remembered the cucumber, the Oranges, bananas, and other things they were enjoying in Egypt..and they regretted leaving( divorcing Egypt) because of those good things... Despite the fact that they were in slavery and in bondage, they wanted to go back...

<<<Many people don't wanna suffer in life... They cherished good things even when the bondage outweighed the good things they were enjoying... This is not only applicable to women alone..

7 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Kobojunkiee: 8:07pm On Feb 13, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
It appears that way because they hire lawyers who know the law and ways to use it to manipulate those ignorant of the law. undecided
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Kobojunkiee: 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
FFK?
Experience dey on the man side in this particular case. If the woman had apprised herself with the Law from before entering into her union, she wouldn't have ended up loosing custody of her kids in the way she did. undecided
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 13, 2022
baby124:
Ego, money and connections from the man. Laziness, greed and dependency of the women. Even if it’s to sell Akara. Women should have something doing. No shame in making your own money legitimately. It just gives YOU security that no body can take from you.
Most rich men are very stingy. They are users so, if you submit yourself to them without something of your own, you will be used, abused and discarded for the next.
Most women stay at home completely doing nothing even after their kids have gone to school. They say that’s what they and the man planned. Lol. Only for the man to turn on them and start misbehaving. We are in a world where everything is digital now.

Don’t leave your job for any child. They will grow and leave you to face their own lives. Don’t live for anybody, live for yourself and provide love/accommodate who is important in your life.

If women know this then why do they go after wealthy men?
Could it be a fallacy on your part?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Beremx(f): 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
The law in Nigeria concerning divorce does not Favor women. The wealthy men would always have their way because they are wealthy. Didn’t you notice the examples you gave, the men are all polygamist?
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Kobojunkiee: 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
Beremx:
The law in Nigeria concerning divorce does not Favor women. The wealthy men would always have their way because they are wealthy. Didn’t you notice the examples you gave, the men are all polygamist?
But in the very same Nigeria, wealthy women also get divorced and they don't walk away loosing their wealth. So is the law the problem or ignorance and ofcourse not hiring good lawyers that is the issue. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by sisisioge: 8:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
They feel insulted to be unwanted! How dare the woman prefers the "stigma" of being divorced to being married to them! They turn it to war....crazy moraforkers!

By the way, hope you noticed the patterns....if wives keep running away from the supposed great men,all that glitters arent gold be that fa embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Richy4(m): 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
sisisioge:
They feel insulted to be unwanted! How dare the woman prefers the "stigma" of being divorced to being married to them! They turn it to war....crazy moraforkers!

By the way, hope you noticed the patterns....if wives keep running away from the supposed great men,all that blisters arent gold be that fa embarassed

It's just the ability to show who is wearing the bigger trousers in Africa especially when one is privileged enough to know the judge that will be presiding over the divorce case ...

Though I must say that African law is more favorable to the gentlemen more than the ladies in terms of divorce..

U should also know that in real life parting with someone in an unfavorable manner like divorce for example brings those Petty and vengeful drama grin..If the guy knows how to collect the money for the lipstick he bought 10yrs ago, he could....

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by sisisioge: 10:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
Richy4:

[color=#006600]It's just the ability to show who is wearing the bigger trousers in Africa especially when one is privileged enough to know the judge that will be presiding over the divorce case ...

Though I must say that African law is more favorable to the gentlemen more than the ladies in terms of divorce..

U should also know that in real life parting with someone in an unfavorable manner like divorce for example brings those Petty and vengeful drama ;[b]D..If the guy knows how to collect the money for the lipstick he bought 10yrs ago, he could....[/[/b]color]

Lol at the bolded! You are right, very right.
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Double0h7(f): 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2022
Because these women want to leave and want him to cover her lawyer's bill too lol! They want takeaway too, a house and an allowance all coming out of these men's pockets. I'm just assuming though sad

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by baby124: 4:36am On Feb 14, 2022
theForth:

If women know this then why do they go after wealthy men?
Could it be a fallacy on your part?
They are extremely stingy. They provide comforts and bare cash. Go and ask those wives who ran away how rich they are. People who work for their money don’t spend anyhow. Then you expect the seasonal thieves (politicians, the greediest that can even scam the wife of the 1 naira she has left) to provide you with luxury. With such men, concubine pay more than wife. grin

You can try them and come and testify how rich you are when you try to leave. Rich men are same all over the world, they can buy judgments. Except there is a written agreement or the woman is seen to have contributed to the marriage. Many women even in the western world are left penniless. They are much smarter than women who come for their money. They know you are there for their money.

Rich men can spend anything to get you! Once they get you, hian! It’s mostly a mirage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by cococandy(f): 4:40am On Feb 14, 2022
Their egos

They’d rather be the ones to initiate divorce

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Miarose: 8:56am On Feb 14, 2022
Because they are above the law, irrespective of what the court ruling is, at least that's the situation with precious and ffk. They have power and clout over the family justice system
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 14, 2022
baby124:

They are extremely stingy. They provide comforts and bare cash. Go and ask those wives who ran away how rich they are. People who work for their money don’t spend anyhow. Then you expect the seasonal thieves (politicians, the greediest that can even scam the wife of the 1 naira she has left) to provide you with luxury. With such men, concubine pay more than wife. grin

You can try them and come and testify how rich you are when you try to leave. Rich men are same all over the world, they can buy judgments. Except there is a written agreement or the woman is seen to have contributed to the marriage. Many women even in the western world are left penniless. They are much smarter than women who come for their money. They know you are there for their money.

Rich men can spend anything to get you! Once they get you, hian! It’s mostly a mirage.

I can't really blame them though, there's this trust issue that comes with being wealthy. I personally know two wealthy businessmen who chased their wives out and are chilling with younger chicks now.

Getting married to a rich man doesn't guarantee happiness neither does getting married to an average man either.

Choose your poison.
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by KanwuliaExtra: 12:22pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Experience dey on the man side in this particular case. If the woman had apprised herself with the Law from before entering into her union, she wouldn't have ended up loosing custody of her kids in the way she did. undecided

Did he not pay her bride price?
What about the native law rites?
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by baby124: 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

The slimy old fox did not do anything on Snow White.
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Kobojunkiee: 3:15pm On Feb 14, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
What has his paying of bride price,or not, to do with divorce in the courts? undecided
I no follow abeg!
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by pocohantas(f): 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
Ego. It is also very painful because it would be harder for them to easily play the victim. You know what they say about women tolerating abuse when the man is rich. Now a woman is leaving a rich man, people would assume there are deeper issues on his part.

The best way to leave any financially stable man is to remove eye from everything he owns. Just disappear and not look back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by KanwuliaExtra: 1:57am On Feb 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
What has his paying of bride price,or not, to do with divorce in the courts? undecided
I no follow abeg!

Tradition gives the kids to the woman and so do the courts as long as she is not deem unfit. This nonsense FFK is trying can only happen in Africa ke!

No wonder her did not allow her to have the babies in the US.

I wish all women were as strong as Tontolly.
I wish say na Tonto marry FFK walahi.
One porrsin for don reasssh mortuary.

It won’t have been my Tonto sha. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by KanwuliaExtra: 2:04am On Feb 15, 2022
baby124:

The slimy old fox did not do anything on Snow White.

Gosh! What a rip off!
I would NEVER have left my PET GUINEA PIG alone with FFK-leg, not to mention FOUR BOYS! I would gladly die in that abuse.

Chai! Death is better.
I pray FFK suffers like Precious is suffering.
Let her see her children like the court decreed abi?
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by baby124: 2:19am On Feb 15, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Gosh! What a rip off!
I would NEVER have left my PET GUINEA PIG alone with FFK-leg, not to mention FOUR BOYS! I would gladly die in that abuse.

Chai! Death is better.
I pray FFK suffers like Precious is suffering.
Let her see her children like the court decreed abi?
He has arrested her for threat to his life. It’s on front page. A threat he claimed happened in 2018. She never see anything. FFK is extremely brilliant, cunning, a snake and has some untreated issues. She will regret the day she set eyes on him. All his exes ran for their lives, she thought her case will be different. She did not stop and think that all his exes came from very prominent families. So they could run with their children or deal with him back to back in court. He will crush Snow White, he really targeted an easy prey this time.
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by baby124: 2:21am On Feb 15, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Tradition gives the kids to the woman and so do the courts as long as she is not deem unfit. This nonsense FFK is trying can only happen in Africa ke!

No wonder her did not allow her to have the babies in the US.

I wish all women were as strong as Tontolly.
I wish say na Tonto marry FFK walahi.
One porrsin for don reasssh mortuary.

It won’t have been my Tonto sha. grin
Nigerian tradition gives the kids to the father. Worst is if the father is Yoruba, by tradition the kids belong to him. Only enlightened ones who know that they can’t provide adequately for little kids give them up to the mother. But petty ones like FFK who have been desperate for sons will keep them.
Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Elporo(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
Double0h7:
Because these women want to leave and want him to cover her lawyer's bill too lol! They want takeaway too, a house and an allowance all coming out of these men's pockets. I'm just assuming though sad

Correct!

They often try to take things; they do not own.
Atiku's wife ; sold the house in Maitama and Dubai.

Atiku asked her not to sell the Dubai house; he would pay her for it. Woman do strong head - sell am; no so gbege start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Typical Nigerian wealthy men feels it's a disgrace to be divorced by their wives,so it brings out the monster in them.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Problematic To Divorce A Wealthy Nigerian Man? by Double0h7(f): 7:48am On Feb 16, 2022
Elporo:

Correct!

They often try to take things; they do not own.
Atiku's wife ; sold the house in Maitama and Dubai.

Atiku asked her not to sell the Dubai house; he would pay her for it. Woman do strong head - sell am; no so gbege start.

It's not even about their gender because anyone with money will use their money to protect their assets. Rich women would do the same if their husband wanted a divorce, the children, and their money and property.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mum Can’t Stop Feeding Her 1,200lbs Obese Sons / Prevention Of Fire Outbreaks In This Harmattan Season! / How I Killed My Wife Inadvertently! ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.