Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,589 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? (1795 Views)

How Do I Recover My Stolen Certificates Found With A Smuggler In Lagos? / Help!!! How Can I Get Some Yahoo Boys Living Opposite Me Arrested? / Armed Robbers Storm First Bank In Ekiti, Police Officer Killed. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by aylive02(m): 5:56am On Feb 14, 2022
I am furious and devasted as I am typing this. Three days ago, my friend was talking about her friend who tried to transfer from First bank to another bank the sum of 300k only to find out her savings have been used for "online purchase." While I was trying to sympathize with her, little did I know I someone else will sympathize with me a day after.

On the 12th of February, I was at home, expecting to get my wage from my client which came in around 1.11pm. At 1.37pm, messages started popping in, even as fast as the speed of light. My sister called me that are these not debit messages?

I replied her that it should be these "ayoba or MTN messages" Lo and behold, after 5 minutes of checking my alert phone, I have been debited of the 27,100 credited. The most painful thing is that this money is meant to operate my subacute appendicitis . After checking the messages, i discovered it was used to credit a sportybet account.

Note: I have never initiated my ATM on any phone to play bet except my phone for jumia stuff. I was with my wallet and ATM throughout that day.

The surprising thing is that, I was never sent an OTP by the bank to finalize the transaction which I will never be f**Lish to reveal to any caller asking for it. I have been using the first Bank account since 2011 which I have never experienced before.

NL family, please how do I go about this? Please help me if you have experienced such before as this is my last card. I know the money is small but it is very important to me.

Mods, please help push to the FP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by Oxb90: 6:04am On Feb 14, 2022
Nigerian banks? Na there be yahoo plus headquarters. Though they don't carry out physical killing or shit chopping, the effect of their actions on their customers is sometimes worse than those they termed criminals, etc

4 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by Odetokun3(m): 6:05am On Feb 14, 2022
So sorry for the experience.

I wish you quick recovery.

Visit the bank and let's hope they can provide a solution.

Permit me to say larger percentage of frauds are encouraged by our banking system.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by ahnie: 6:07am On Feb 14, 2022
Cc: Esthered

8 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by aylive02(m): 6:19am On Feb 14, 2022
Odetokun3:
So sorry for the experience.

I wish you quick recovery.

Visit the bank and let's hope they can provide a solution.

Permit me to say larger percentage of frauds are encouraged by our banking system.
thanks. I will visit them today

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by yanabasee(m): 6:31am On Feb 14, 2022
Kpele..... It shall never be well with this fraudsters...

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by everythinggirly(f): 6:53am On Feb 14, 2022
Same thing happened to me last night. At exactly 11:45pm, I was debited by the stupid bank. They must have thought I was asleep.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 14, 2022
aylive02:
I am furious and devasted as I am typing this. Three days ago, my friend was talking about her friend who tried to transfer from First bank to another bank the sum of 300k only to find out her savings have been used for "online purchase." While I was trying to sympathize with her, little did I know I someone else will sympathize with me a day after.

On the 12th of February, I was at home, expecting to get my wage from my client which came in around 1.11pm. At 1.37pm, messages started popping in, even as fast as the speed of light. My sister called me that are these not debit messages?

I replied her that it should be these "ayoba or MTN messages" Lo and behold, after 5 minutes of checking my alert phone, I have been debited of the 27,100 credited. The most painful thing is that this money is meant to operate my subacute appendicitis . After checking the messages, i discovered it was used to credit a sportybet account.

Note: I have never initiated my ATM on any phone to play bet except my phone for jumia stuff. I was with my wallet and ATM throughout that day.

The surprising thing is that, I was never sent an OTP by the bank to finalize the transaction which I will never be f**Lish to reveal to any caller asking for it. I have been using the first Bank account since 2011 which I have never experienced before.

NL family, please how do I go about this? Please help me if you have experienced such before as this is my last card. I know the money is small but it is very important to me.

Post the screenshot.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by oz4real83(m): 7:07am On Feb 14, 2022
Nigerian banks keep sacking and recruiting workers everytime. These workers have access to sensitive details of customers. What happens when these workers, who already have access to customers sensitive details, are sacked? Are there means of making sure these former workers are monitored to prevent them from using sensitive info for fraud? I still believe most bank frauds are performed by these former bank workers and their friends, nobody without some of these vital info can perpetuate the kind of fraud these people do. Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by DAntivirus: 7:09am On Feb 14, 2022
hmmm
Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by ManirBK: 7:10am On Feb 14, 2022
aylive02:

my question to you did you recently requested for a new ATM card?

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by aylive02(m): 7:15am On Feb 14, 2022
ManirBK:
my question to you did you recently requested for a new ATM card?
no. Even the current one will expire in a few months time
Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by Haakeem(m): 7:18am On Feb 14, 2022
It was last week i now believe the people operating the bank are scammers, using the word 'bank' to mask them self.

I withdraw 20k at zenith bank, went home and discovered it was 10k they did gave me, i returned the nxt day kata kata and start disturbing the bank attendant that gave me the money, when he saw that the drama was becoming hitted up, he did as he just remembered something and start apologising to me, And gave me back my money that it was a mistake.

I wan withdraw 20k u con count 500hundred naira 20 give me,money we i count fah,sha i am sure he used jazz on me that day, i was about giving up self.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by ManirBK: 7:43am On Feb 14, 2022
aylive02:
no. Even the current one will expire in a few months time
Last Wednesday I requested a new FIRST BANK ATM. before I activated the new ATM issued to me the bank official said to me I should fill the info of the ATM card in the record Book containing the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of the ATM CARD which i did. their record book contains all the info of those who were issued new ATM card. I know for sure some bank officials may use that info to hack our accounts very soon.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by aylive02(m): 7:47am On Feb 14, 2022
ManirBK:
Last Wednesday I requested a new FIRST BANK ATM. before I activated the new ATM issued to me the bank official said to me I should fill the info of the ATM card in the record Book containing the first 6 digits and last 4 digits of the ATM CARD which i did. their record book contains all the info of those who were issued new ATM card. I know for sure some bank officials may use that info to hack our accounts very soon.
you're right
Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by ManirBK: 7:53am On Feb 14, 2022
aylive02:
you're right
I downloaded first bank App to use it block and unblock my account till when I need to make a transaction. I hope you will do the same.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by aylive02(m): 8:09am On Feb 14, 2022
ManirBK:
I downloaded first bank App to use it block and unblock my account till when I need to make a transaction. I hope you will do the same.
yes. I have done this since 2 days ago
Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by odysey: 8:41am On Feb 14, 2022
ahnie:
Sorry about what you're currently going through...your acct has bn wiped.

I m currently experiencing this too ...I had a POS transaction,my money wasn't credited to me.... network glitch I fathom since 30th January.

I went to access bank last week and I was promised my money was gonna reversed back into my account after 5 working days till now nothing I have seen.

Incase una read about any ASABA lady displaying her isoko calmness at access bank make una know say na me.

Send the bank a mail and copy the CBN and they'll respond sharpali

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by sojisenai(m): 8:41am On Feb 14, 2022
shocked

If you want the best keys to earning online... Check my signature, I am giving a ebook out for a token.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by Nemesis0147(m): 9:01am On Feb 14, 2022
Now
Here is the latest update now....stop leaving your ATM cards around anyone no matter what.
Sure boys can remove any amount of money from your account with just the front and back of your card(don’t argue with me, I know this)
And as for the otp,,Na only master card and verve dy require otp!!
With visa...no otp is required

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by Esthered: 9:05am On Feb 14, 2022
ahnie:
Sorry about what you're currently going through...your acct has bn wiped.

I m currently experiencing this too ...I had a POS transaction,my money wasn't credited to me.... network glitch I fathom since 30th January.

I went to access bank last week and I was promised my money was gonna reversed back into my account after 5 working days till now nothing I have seen.

Incase una read about any ASABA lady displaying her isoko calmness at access bank make una know say na me.

Since 5 working days has elapsed, visit and request for the resolution of your complaint let them explain the reason for the delay.
Please don't display that 'calmness' mbok. I hope get your funds soonest.
Please also cross check your account that the funds weren't reversed as some banks don't give alerts for reversal.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by Esthered: 9:10am On Feb 14, 2022
Dear OP, I agree that you've been careful and sorry about it. There's a compromise somewhere as your card PAN and CCV is necessary for an online txn. I don't know if by surfing some unscrupulous sights, your data may have been captured.....Please request to block the card asap and all channels accessible.
It is well with you sir.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by ahnie: 9:11am On Feb 14, 2022
Esthered:

Since 5 working days has elapsed, visit and request for the resolution of your complaint let them explain the reason for the delay.
Please don't display that 'calmness' mbok. I hope get your funds soonest.
Please also cross check your account that the funds weren't reversed as some banks don't give alerts for reversal.
Ok Esthered,thanks so much, hopefully I would raid them before noon.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by Esthered: 9:15am On Feb 14, 2022
ManirBK:
Haba oga, out of 16 or 12 digits, you put 10 only. The missing ones are needed to do anything but when they get fake calls, they request for all digits and not the masked digits you wrote sir if you observe victims.
They can't hack your account without the complete digits na.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by aylive02(m): 9:20am On Feb 14, 2022
Nemesis0147:
Now
Here is the latest update now....stop leaving your ATM cards around anyone no matter what.
Sure boys can remove any amount of money from your account with just the front and back of your card(don’t argue with me, I know this)
And as for the otp,,Na only master card and verve dy require otp!!
With visa...no otp is required
thanks
Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by aylive02(m): 9:21am On Feb 14, 2022
Esthered:
Dear OP, I agree that you've been careful and sorry about it. There's a compromise somewhere as your card PAN and CCV is necessary for an online txn. I don't know if by surfing some unscrupulous sights, your data may have been captured.....Please request to block the card asap and all channels accessible.
It is well with you sir.
thanks so much. I have done that already
Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by Esthered: 9:25am On Feb 14, 2022
aylive02:
thanks so much. I have done that already
You're welcome sir. Emphasis on the channels o. If not satisfied, you can debit freeze for sometime...

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by Esthered: 9:26am On Feb 14, 2022
ahnie:

Ok Esthered,thanks so much, hopefully I would raid them before noon.
Raid kwa.... this woman ehn.
Good morning Ma
Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by Cutecharlz(m): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2022
OP there is more to your write-up. Same thing happened to me last year. I have an account with sportybet some years ago and I did a transaction with my ATM card to fund my sportybet account but forgot to delete the card details coz I later discoverer it was saved in their data base. Few months later i got a debit alert of 3k around 11:00pm on friday from my uba bank, when I checked there was an authorised transaction of sportybet. The next day been Saturday I got another debit alert of 5k. Guys, I swiftly went online, got a code to block my uba account coz I had more thank 300k there. Went to bank on Monday morning, deactivate my ATM card, then applied for a new one. I also went back to deactivate my sportybet account coz that betting platform data base is very porous and some of their workers are scammers. So OP i urge u to visit your bank, deactivate ur ATM card and apply for new one simple.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by ManirBK: 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
Esthered:

Haba oga, out of 16 or 12 digits, you put 10 only. The missing ones are needed to do anything but when they get fake calls, they request for all digits and not the masked digits you wrote sir if you observe victims.
They can't hack your account without the complete digits na.
noted bro

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? by ahnie: 3:01pm On Feb 14, 2022
Updates.
I went to the bank and the customer care guy told me to be patient till Wednesday that my money would bounce back into my account.
Cc:Esthered

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Kills His Friend Over $3000 Yahoo Proceeds / Efcc: See Profile Of The Most Wanted Nigerian Criminals Here: / A Pakistani Man Caught While r*aping A 13-year-old Nigerian Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.