Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Blogs Vs. Other Social Media? Businesses Need Both - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Blogs Vs. Other Social Media? Businesses Need Both (153 Views)

We Need Both Short And Long Term Investors / We Need Both Short And Long Term Investors / Learn How To Sell On Facebook And Other Social Media Sites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blogs Vs. Other Social Media? Businesses Need Both by muskanmuffleit: 1:12pm On Feb 14, 2022
We all know why Paul Boutin wrote his disingenuous post, Twitter, Flickr, Facebook Make Blogs Look So 2004, claiming that nobody should think about starting a blog and those who

Want to get found quickly: Get blogging!

How about blogs that have been around longer, but still are smaller businesses focused on big topics like, say, blogging and social media, to pick a space with lots of competition?

[url]Read Also[/url]

Google search vesting social media 102 Well, around here we recommend blogs for businesses large and small, but we also eat our own cooking. So I did a quick check for traffic to this blog today and found a couple of relevant visits.

One visitor found us by searching Google for the terms "investing in social media" (without quotes) which brought up my post from last Friday, Warren Buffett's Investing (in Social Media) Advice as # 4 on the first page out of nearly 2 million results (click on the image to enlarge).

Google Search Blogs Versus Websites 10220 Another visitor found us by searching Google for the terms "blog versus websites" and that brought up my post from two and a half years ago, More on the Website vs. Blog debate (I know, I couldn't have scripted it better, but it's true), as # 5 on the first page out of more than 12 million results (click on the image to enlarge).

So, if you have a blog and want to keep getting found: Keep blogging!

The other main argument tossed out by Boutin is that text based content is old-fashioned or "not where the buzz is" as he puts it. He advocates using YouTube, Flickr, and Facebook(?) to easily publish audio and video content. Um, yeah, so what?

The addition of new tools is no argument for abandoning the ones you have. Those tools also make it easy to collect all that content back on your blog, where your audience can browse and get to know you.

In a matter of a couple of weeks after we got Bill Ward blogging, he had his Keep Digging for Worms: The Movie video up on both YouTube and his blog. His introduction on the blog says a lot about thevalue of communicating to all learning styles:

Note: If you like reading ... well, keep reading. But if you're more of a visual-auditory learner, scroll down to the video version of the story ...

Boutin's last argument is especially amusing. He claims we should all be managing our business communication in 140 character tweets on Twitter (he says "as a writer [he's] onto the system's real appeal: brevity"wink.

He tells us this, of course, in his 632 word, 3,199 character blog post. Let's see, making his argument on Twitter would have taken him at least 23 separate tweets, if it's even possible to make an argument in that disjointed way.

Twitter grader elite yvonne 102208 Now let me emphasise, I'm not discounting the value of Twitter, or YouTube, or any other social media tool, for business networking and communication.

My lovely partner Yvonne DiVita is both a well-known blogger (LipSticking.com) and an avid Twitter er. As of a few minutes ago, she had nearly 1,000 followers and a 98.3 grade on Twitter Grader. That placed her at # 3 among "The Twitter Elite in NY" (click on the image to enlarge).

Continue knowing:-funny pizza slogans

(1) (Reply)

I Am Depressed / Finding Top Mountain Bike Tires / Buy Watson Soma Online Overnight Delivery | Buy Pain O Soma Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.