Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) (85965 Views)

Governor Fubara Buys Cold Drinks From A Shop On The Street Of Port Harcourt / Usman Yusuf: What Sheikh Gumi And I Saw In Forests Controlled By Bandits / US Cuts Nigerian Oil Imports By 11.67 Million Barrels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by bluemansion: 2:22pm On Feb 14, 2022
I think no matter what are the offences of these kids, they shouldn't be left completely in the street. Or is there nothing at all we as a society can do to cater for these kids? Whether we like it or not, these kids are only growing up to become hardened criminals - future armed robbers, terrorists, kidnappers, ritualists, rapists, political assassins and more.

We are already battling with insecurity around the country. Meanwhile, we are also grooming others that will become future threat to the security of the country.

I really felt bad seeing kids in the position I did last night. What can we do to help them please? Any any government agencies, NGO or individuals that can pick up their case and give them life worth living? I don't think anyone deserves to sleep so openly outside like this, not to talk of kids.

For the sake of humanity, I therefore volunteer myself for any assignment that could bring succor to these kids.

182 Likes 23 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by cherishmichael: 2:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
Cool write up, any images?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by bluemansion: 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2022
Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44

Can we help the kids and help the society at large?

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by bluemansion: 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2022
cherishmichael:
Cool write up, any images?

Check up again.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by bluemansion: 2:50pm On Feb 14, 2022
Pathetic I must say.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by christistruth01: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2022
Are there any real Churches in the Area with real men of God

Some Churches do take care of such Children in the SW,

But make sure it is not the Occult Ritual type ones

128 Likes 19 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Minime10(f): 3:00pm On Feb 14, 2022
bluemansion:
I think no matter what are the offences of these kids, they shouldn't be left completely in the street. Or is there nothing at all we as a society can do to cater for these kids? Whether we like it or not, these kids are only growing up to become hardened criminals - future armed robbers, terrorists, kidnappers, ritualists, rapists, political assassins and more.

We are already battling with insecurity around the country. Meanwhile, we are also grooming others that will become future threat to the security of the country.

I really felt bad seeing kids in the position I did last night. What can we do to help them please? Any any government agencies, NGO or individuals that can pick up their case and give them life worth living? I don't think anyone deserves to sleep so openly outside like this, not to talk of kids.

For the sake of humanity, I therefore volunteer myself for any assignment that could bring succor to these kids.

These are skolombo gang na

19 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by MoneyGoDrop: 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2022
This is a sad development. I saw a lot of kids on the streets of kano during my service year but this seems to be happening right now in Enugu. There's an influx of beggars on the streets now especially children.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by bluemansion: 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2022
Minime10:

These are skolombo gang na

Are there no ways skolombo gang can be rehab?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by zyphr(m): 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2022
It's quite a sad sight to behold. These children are likely those labelled as witches by there families and sent out of the house and therefore have no relatives that will welcome them. It is common to label children like that in Akwa/Cross..

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by illicit(m): 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2022
Na wa o
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Rugaria: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2022
The governors of Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Edo are all responsible for this. That of Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers have never lifted their hands to do something about the gross abuse of children in these places. This has been going on for centuries and they have all kept quiet. Even when the white lady saved that kid and brought all sorts of international attention to this nonsense, they never took any action because deep down, they believe that a child can be born a witch/wizard.

This is reprehensible and should be condemned. Unfortunately we have a tone deaf presidency. Otherwise, actions would have been taken to force the governors to act. It's the same problem with Edo state . Those ones earn more forex from international prostitution than some African countries do from legitimate exports. . For years now, all the governments both at the center and the state levels can do is to periodically churn out worn out platitudes while a generation wastes.... Big shame..

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Thegracefulness: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2022
Hello, Mr. Tony Elumelu.

My name is Professor M.E.I. I know you are very knowledgeable and passionate about helping less privileged children, especially these unfortunate ones that have found themselves out on this street, exposed to hunger, crime and worst still, their untimely death in the hands of desperate wealth-seekers.

Over the years, I have seen firsthand some of the great things you are doing for society’s men and women in your Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship foundation.

In my view, I think you should benevolently extend some of that good into helping children. True that you—or anybody else reading this, do not owe these children any allegiance or aid. It is unfortunate that one would never know why their parents have forsaken them in this manner.
The individuals they consider their world has let them down. Please, do not let them down.

This is my email address iamvarang007@gmail.com. I'd love to know how I can possibly utilize whatever resources you’ve decided to, in the course of good Justice and natural conscience, help these children with. I’m willing to put them through school, and personally ensure that in a decades’ time, we turn around the lives of these children.

I'd totally understand if you cannot respond to this because of your busy schedule, but I will be glad if you do.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by heniford2: 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
christistruth01:

Are there any real Churches in the Area with real men of God

Some Churches do take care of such Children in the SW,

But make sure it is not the Occult Ritual type ones
ahha! Church the hardly help this days unless is for a reason never will a church help u out

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Michelle70(m): 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2022
Parents should have sense too.
Wetin be these children crime? It is better to pull out than to birth children u can't cater for them come and blame govt

11 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by TeeGentle(m): 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2022
Chaiiii
Suffering plus poverty is getting much in this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Nicepoker(m): 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
Skolombo gang. They are criminals. I almost ran into their trap far back 2012.

12 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by christistruth01: 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2022
heniford2:
ahha! Church the hardly help this days unless is for a reason never will a church help u out

That was why I said real men of God too

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
Thegracefulness:
Hello, Mr. Tony Elumelu.

My name is Professor M.E.I. I know you are very knowledgeable and passionate about helping less privileged children, especially these unfortunate ones that have found themselves out on this street, exposed to hunger, crime and worst still, their untimely death in the hands of desperate wealth-seekers.

Over the years, I have seen firsthand some of the great things you are doing for society’s men and women in your Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship foundation.

In my view, I think you should benevolently extend some of that good into helping children. True that you—or anybody else reading this, do not owe these children any allegiance or aid. It is unfortunate that one would never know why their parents have forsaken them in this manner.
The individuals they consider their world has let them down. Please, do not let them down.

This is my email address iamvarang007@gmail.com. I'd love to know how I can possibly utilize whatever resources you’ve decided to, in the course of good Justice and natural conscience, help these children. I’m willing to put them through school, and personally ensure that in a decades’ time, we turn around the lives of these children.

I'd totally understand if you cannot respond to this because of your busy schedule, but I will be glad if you do.
Is he on Nairaland?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Proudlyomonna: 4:35pm On Feb 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
Skolombo gang. They are criminals. I almost ran into their trap far back 2012.

So there is no way and hope to bring light to the lives of skolombo gang and give them an opportunity to lead a better life ��

9 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by sojisenai(m): 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2022
Painful cry

If you want the best keys to earning online... A reliable side hustle. Check my signature, I am giving a ebook out for a token.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by DropsMic(m): 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2022
bluemansion:

We are blacks..

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Harddiskng(m): 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2022
More like where are the parents and family members of these children!

Family units are the basic building block of every society. Lets face it Nigerians are not what they used to be. Wickedness is prominent.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Nicepoker(m): 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

So there is no way and hope to bring light to the lives of skolombo gang and give them an opportunity to lead a better life ��
I personally rented a house for one of them. Set him up to learn a skill. He had access to my house. What did I get in the end. The idiot ran away with my money to one remote area. I visited Calabar 2021 I was told he is in prison.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Proudlyomonna: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
I personally rented a house for one of them. Set him up to learn a skill. He had access to my house. What did I get in the end. The idiot ran away with my money to one remote area. I visited Calabar 2021 I was told he is in prison.

God have mercy on our Society �
The people birthing kids they can't take care of should be treated like criminals.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Nicepoker(m): 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

God have mercy on our Society �
The people birthing kids they can't take care of should be treated like criminals.
This particular one was from a broken home. He started stealing from a very tender age. My neighbors were all blaming me after I told them what he did. Most of them deserve no help.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by damosky12(m): 5:09pm On Feb 14, 2022
We need to get some things right in this country. First of, we've got to look into how some people make babies they will never be able to take care of. People who can barely feed themselves having dozens of kids! There has to be a limit to the number of children low income earners can have.

Besides, irresponsible parents should be arrested and prosecuted. Don't be surprised that the parents of these kids are somewhere in or around that same state, unconcerned about their kids. Parents like these are the hazards of our societies. They are the ones who keep producing terrorists and hardened criminals in our midst.

Children like these should be picked,questioned about their parents. Parents who are or have been irresponsible should be punished. This is no minor issue and shouldn't be taken with kid gloves.

20 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Vulcanheph(m): 5:09pm On Feb 14, 2022
Dear op

The one thing you fail to realize is that not all of these kids you see on the streets of Calabar are actually homeless or orphans.

Most of them actually ran away from homes, most of them still have parents looking for them.

The boys always end up becoming petty thieves and the girls always end up becoming hookers.

Another annoying fact is that most of these skolombo kids love the streets and don't want to leave because believe it or not there are actually making money on these streets from stealing and begging.

They're gradually becoming a nuisance to calabar and i just hope something is done about it fast...

15 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by bluemansion: 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2022
Vulcanheph:
Dear op

The one thing you fail to realize is that not all of these kids you see on the streets of Calabar are actually homeless or orphans.

Most of them actually ran away from homes, most of them still have parents looking for them.

The boys always end up becoming petty thieves and the girls always end up becoming hookers.

Another annoying fact is that most of these skolombo kids love the streets and don't want to leave because believe it or not there are actually making money on these streets from stealing and begging.

They're gradually becoming a nuisance to calabar and i just hope something is done about it fast...

Your last paragraph is the reason for this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by bluemansion: 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2022
Thegracefulness:
Hello, Mr. Tony Elumelu.

This is my email address iamvarang007@gmail.com. I'd love to know how I can possibly utilize whatever resources you’ve decided to, in the course of good Justice and natural conscience, help these children. I’m willing to put them through school, and personally ensure that in a decades’ time, we turn around the lives of these children.

Any email address this can be forwarded to?
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by thatsleepboy1: 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2022
Hello everyone, pls i need a little help, i need someone who will teach me how to drive manual vehicle very well. I need help.

I stay at Yaba.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pharaoh Okadigbo Dies In An Accident (Pictures) / Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor / Pictures Of Buhari Receiving Congratulatory Call From Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.