Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? (6077 Views)

Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. / Someone Who Hits A Man's Car In His Absence Leaves His Phone Number / 19-Year-Old Girl Flaunts Her Third Car In Two Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 11:50am On Feb 15, 2022
This thread is created mainly for those who have problems with their cars....the car gurus in the house can freely proffer solutions too. You can also contact me on WhatsApp or calls on 08167469103. Thanks.
My workshop is at general gas area in ibadan.

Meanwhile I do professional car Pre-purchase inspection anywhere in the southwest incase you need my service.
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by DoggoneDogg: 11:52am On Feb 15, 2022
Which Toyota? shocked
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 11:53am On Feb 15, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Which Toyota? shocked
Any toyota
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 11:55am On Feb 15, 2022
Please while dropping your questions, always remember to state the Toyota and lexus model and year of manufacture. Let's keep it rolling.
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Meklex(m): 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2022
Michael547:
Please while dropping your questions, always remember to state the Toyota model and year of manufacture. Let's keep it rolling.
my 2004 corolla didn't start just minutes after parking it. It didn't even crank, but the dashboard and instrument cluster lit up. It started when I put it in Neutral. What could be the cause?
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
Let's discuss
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
Let the questions keep coming
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
Nice one
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2022
Meklex:
my 2004 corolla didn't start just minutes after parking it. It didn't even crank, but the dashboard and instrument cluster lit up. It started when I put it in Neutral. What could be the cause?

It's a very simple fix.....the problem most times lie with the gear selector cable not properly tightened....take your car to a good mechanic to fix it for you..

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Meklex(m): 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
Michael547:

It's a very simple fix.....the problem most times lie with the gear selector cable not properly tightened....take your car to a good mechanic to fix it for you..
thanks I will do that. To clarify, it has nothing to do with battery, right?
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by braveheart77: 4:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
Corolla 2010.

I have the Check and VSC Off lights on.

I noticed the car vibrates when its idle, parked and AC is on. RPM is unstable too.

I’ve been looking for a good mechanic to help
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
Meklex:
thanks I will do that. To clarify, it has nothing to do with battery, right?
No not at all
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2022
braveheart77:
Corolla 2010.

I noticed the car vibrates when its idle, parked and AC is on. RPM is unstable too.

For the check and vsc lights, you would have to run a scan to be sure of the codes behind them.

But I doubt if they are the cause of your cars vibration when idle...all you should do first to rectify the vibration is take your car to a good mechanic that will just clean the throttle body with an injection cleaner...j believe that should fix the vibration and RPM problem.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by braveheart77: 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
Michael547:

For the check and vsc lights, you would have to run a scan to be sure of the codes behind them.

But I doubt if they are the cause of your cars vibration when idle...all you should do first to rectify the vibration is take your car to a good mechanic that will just clean the throttle body with an injection cleaner...j believe that should fix the vibration and RPM problem.

Thanks
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Kanoski(m): 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
My 04 corolla doesn't move quick , especially from a stop,it's very sluggish expecially at noon.
It's doesn't even go more than 3500 rpm though matter how u throttle it.
Keep in my that I just installed a new toks engine and fuel pump though.
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 12:04am On Feb 16, 2022
Kanoski:
My 04 corolla doesn't move quick , especially from a stop,it's very sluggish expecially at noon.
It's doesn't even go more than 3500 rpm though matter how u throttle it.
Keep in my that I just installed a new toks engine and fuel pump though.

I think scanning your car will be very useful in this situation....The scan should be able to tell you how fuel is being delivered to the engine by looking at the fuel trim....from the scan results, it could also be that your mass air flow sensor is faulty and needs to be changed.
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Subzero45: 11:54am On Feb 16, 2022
Michael547:
This thread is created mainly for Toyota and Lexus users who have problems with their cars....the car gurus in the house can freely proffer solutions too. You can also contact me on WhatsApp on 08167469103. Thanks.
Toyota..pls help my Toyota Camry SE 2010,4 pluge engine. The altantor/ac compressor belt all was cut...I have changed belts I have even change ac compressor
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 12:56pm On Feb 16, 2022
Subzero45:
Toyota..pls help my Toyota Camry SE 2010,4 pluge engine. The altantor/ac compressor belt all was cut...I have changed belts I have even change ac compressor
There should be a problem with one of the rollers that the belt usually rolls on. It could be that one of the rollers is stiff and not rotating with the belt and that is causing the belt to cut. You should have a mechanic check all the rolling parts including the alternator, Ac compressor, power steering pump, water pump and any other rolling part for stiffness.
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Bionica: 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2022
Michael547:
This thread is created mainly for Toyota and Lexus users who have problems with their cars....the car gurus in the house can freely proffer solutions too. You can also contact me on WhatsApp on 08167469103. Thanks.

I just had the transmission (auto gear box) replaced on my Highlander 2003 model and noticed that it jerks when I engage reverse gear. The neutral (N) light on the console also blinks when in drive. Mechanic says that it has to be worked by a gear rewire.

Is this correct?

And if yes, do you have a good one you can recommend?
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2022
Bionica:

I just had the transmission (auto gear box) replaced on my Highlander 2003 model and noticed that it jerks when I engage reverse gear. The neutral (N) light on the console also blinks when in drive. Mechanic says that it has to be worked by a gear rewire.

Is this correct?

And if yes, do you have a good one you can recommend?
I would advice you scan the car first for any transmission code before doing anything.
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Subzero45: 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
Michael547:

There should be a problem with one of the rollers that the belt usually rolls on. It could be that one of the rollers is stiff and not rotating with the belt and that is causing the belt to cut. You should have a mechanic check all the rolling parts including the alternator, Ac compressor, power steering pump, water pump and any other rolling part for stiffness.
he has check he said the rollers/ajusters are fine.
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 12:19am On Feb 17, 2022
Subzero45:
he has check he said the rollers/ajusters are fine.
So what's the condition of your car now...what exactly is still wrong??
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Subzero45: 7:16am On Feb 17, 2022
Michael547:

So what's the condition of your car now...what exactly is still wrong??
am in ph afraid if will happen again so I just packed it for now..... not ok With my mechanic answer
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Cloven22: 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2022
braveheart77:
Corolla 2010.

Flickwheel is a good platform you can try. They'll recommend professional mechanics in your area and also track your car progress.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by LandoKingz: 12:33am On Feb 18, 2022
My Toyota matrix XRS 2004 with 2zz engine suddenly started making a knocking sound mechanic inspected and saw that the 3rd cylinder crankshaft bearing is worn and it affected the crankshaft too I need advice on getting a new crankshaft and rebuild the engine or buy a toks engine.
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Sholleh: 7:50am On Feb 18, 2022
Good morning, am having problem with my Toyota Mark X Zi0 2008, when i press d push button to start d car, d dashboard light will just flash and d car won't start. Sm1 came to check d car and he said it was d fuse box. But i need a guru rewire to check d car for me bcuz is not a common car in Nigeria. The car pictures and d fuse box is in d diagram

Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 9:57am On Feb 18, 2022
LandoKingz:
My Toyota matrix XRS 2004 with 2zz engine suddenly started making a knocking sound mechanic inspected and saw that the 3rd cylinder crankshaft bearing is worn and it affected the crankshaft too I need advice on getting a new crankshaft and rebuild the engine or buy a toks engine.
Depending on the damage of knock....but I believe it can be rebuilt if it is just a minor knock or wear of metals...if the mechanic is a good guy, he should be able to rebuild it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Angrygoat: 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
Budget like 300k. Crankshaft and valve must have ish,is the sound on top or under. If not connecting rod go join with metals. Begin dey pray,when dem loose this engine.
LandoKingz:

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by MyMouth(m): 6:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
Good evening, the check oil light on my Toyota Corolla 2004 keeps blinking from time to time at if a wire is touching, I thought it had to do with oil, I went and did service, it still blink from time to time. This started recently after collecting my car from the mechanic, the engine was recently washed sha. Lastly, when going on 80kmh and above, if I step on the brake,the steering wheel vibrates violently. Pls what could be the reason for this?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by Michael547(m): 10:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
MyMouth:
Good evening, the check oil light on my Toyota Corolla 2004 keeps blinking from time to time at if a wire is touching, I thought it had to do with oil, I went and did service, it still blink from time to time. This started recently after collecting my car from the mechanic, the engine was recently washed sha. Lastly, when going on 80kmh and above, if I step on the brake,the steering wheel vibrates violently. Pls what could be the reason for this?
The oil light is the red kettle you see on the dashboard before you start your car.....If that is the one that is blinking then it is an urgent matter. You need to make sure that there is oil in your engine and that the oil pump is working well if not your engine is going to knock.
As for the vibration of your steering wheel, I believe the front brake is the cause. You have to change it. Dont waste your money on wheel balancing it will not solve it. Take it to a mechanic to check the arms. If the arms are ok then change the brake disc.
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by MyMouth(m): 6:14am On Feb 19, 2022
Michael547:

The oil light is the red kettle you see on the dashboard before you start your car.....If that is the one that is blinking then it is an urgent matter. You need to make sure that there is oil in your engine and that the oil pump is working well if not your engine is going to knock.
As for the vibration of your steering wheel, I believe the front brake is the cause. You have to change it. Dont waste your money on wheel balancing it will not solve it. Take it to a mechanic to check the arms. If the arms are ok then change the brake disc.
Ok, thanks very much
Re: What Is Wrong With your car in lagos and ibadan?? by captainking(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
Subzero45:
am in ph afraid if will happen again so I just packed it for now..... not ok With my mechanic answer
Bro..
Contact Mrford
He is a nairalander and in phc.. He is the gazzuzz of phc.. And will fix your car to factory standard.
Look. Up. His name here for his contact..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Now See More People Ricing Up Cars In Nigeria / I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard / Pictures Of Rims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.