Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich (2003 Views)

Your Money Will Not Expire: Oshiomhole Denounces Buhari's Naira Policy (video) / Oby Ezekwesili On Tinubu: "Money Will Fail In The 2023 Elections. Mark My Word" / Seyi Makinde: Not A Dime Of Oyo Money Will Go To Lagos, They Have No Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by shortgun(m): 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
Some People will say wealth and poverty is a mindset, others believe the word Rich and poor are subjective just like beauty and personality.
There are people who are of the opinion that wealth is relative but we all know that for someone to be called or referred to as a rich person he/she most have a certain amount of money at his disposal.

What is this amount that one must possess?
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by PrinceOfLagos: 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
shortgun:
Some People will say wealth and poverty is a mindset, others believe the word Rich and poor are subjective just like beauty and personality.
There are people who are of the opinion that wealth is relative but we all know that for someone to be called or referred to as a rich person he/she most have a certain amount of money at his disposal.

What is this amount that one must possess?

From 200 hundred million naira

2 Likes

Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by Ttalk: 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2022
Your contentment defines your richness it's not by the quantity of notes in your wallet.

A supposed rich person in the village may be a street beggar in the city.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by shortgun(m): 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

From 200 hundred million naira
Is that not too high?
Does that mean people that have 5million 10million, 20million and 40 million are poor?

1 Like

Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by PrinceOfLagos: 4:58pm On Feb 15, 2022
shortgun:

Is that not too high?
Does that mean people that have 5million 10million, 20million and 40 million are poor?

How much dollars will give you 40 million naira if converted to our local currency?

That's where you will know if you're rich or not

1 Like

Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by shortgun(m): 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ttalk:
Your contentment defines your richness it's not by the quantity of notes in your wallet.

A supposed rich person in the village may be a street beggar in the city.

Yea, we all know this, shouldn't there be like a milestone that someone will achieve and consider himself rich?
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by shortgun(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

How much dollars will give you 40 million naira if converted to our local currency?

I think it will be better we limit our scope to what is obtainable in the Nigeria cos even the 200 million naira you mentioned is not even up to a million dollar.
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by helinues: 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2022
Figure doesn't really matter as long as you have enough money to buy happiness and rest of mind.

The amount someone in town would need to be rich would be different from someone in rural areas
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by Ttalk: 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
shortgun:

Yea, we all know this, shouldn't there be like a milestone that someone will achieve and consider himself rich?

Riches shouldn't be measure in monetary value since money is not only medium of exchange, Your ideas, your knowledge and education, intellectual properties are all attributes of riches, some convert it to money while others don't do, that doesn't mean they are poor
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by shortgun(m): 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
helinues:
Figure doesn't really matter as long as you have enough money to buy happiness and rest of mind.

The amount someone in town would need to be rich would be different from someone in rural areas
You talked about having enough money to buy happiness and peace of mind...my question is how much money will you consider enough?
If you all are saying richness should not be measured in monetary value than nobody will ever be poor.
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by Michelle70(m): 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
200-300m in Nigeria
In USA u need like $5m
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by Michelle70(m): 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

forget saner clime, if u have 10m in Nigeria, u are poor, just buy one car and build one house, ur money don finish
From $40m is considered good while 100m above is considered rich
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by Timoleon(m): 5:31pm On Feb 15, 2022
I think 200million about sums it up.

With it you can buy/build a befitting house for you and your nuclear family.

Buy a few more plots of land that you can leave as long inheritance to your kids.

Invest (hopefully well) and be able to retire with less stress in your later years.

Have enough money to address day to dat needs of your family till the kids attain a stage of independence and the burden becomes less or inexistent for you.

(Majority of the above won’t wait for you to have 200million before you think to do them though. I’m just saying that if you had 200million today, you can afford to sleep with both eyes closed).
2cents.
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by helinues: 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2022
shortgun:

You talked about having enough money to buy happiness and peace of mind...my question is how much money will you consider enough?
If you all are saying richness should not be measured in monetary value than nobody will ever be poor.

Definition of Richness and Happiness vary based on one's understanding about it.

I count my self as one of the richest people in the world not in terms of money but in terms of foods I eat and how much time i spend for resting/do something that would make me happy.

There are hotels in usa that are from $50,000 per night ,we have people who can book a month. Those people believe staying in the hotel would give them the maximum happiness they are seeking for .

Meanwhile, someone can stay in a hotel that is less than $500 per night and still have maximum happiness pass the rich man sleeping at $50k hotel.

A millionaire in Nigeria is just an average earner in Usa

Your level of understanding about happiness would determine the idea of how much to have not exact amount
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by shortgun(m): 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
Timoleon:
I think 200million about sums it up.

With it you can buy/build a befitting house for you and your nuclear family.

Buy a few more plots of land that you can leave as long inheritance to your kids.

Invest (hopefully well) and be able to retire with less stress in your later years.

Have enough money to address day to dat needs of your family till the kids attain a stage of independence and the burden becomes less or inexistent for you.

(Majority of the above won’t wait for you to have 200million before you think to do them though. I’m just saying that if you had 200million today, you can afford to sleep with both eyes closed).
2cents.
You are the 3rd person mentioning 200m million naira, I think it's on the high side. People with 100m naira or less can still be considered Rich cos with that amount they can still do all you mentioned with some amount to spare.
The average duplex in good areas in Abuja for instance is less than 40m, 10-15m will furnish it and another 10m will get them a good car.
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by shortgun(m): 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
helinues:

Definition of Richness and Happiness vary based on one's understanding about it.

I count my self as one of the richest people in the world not in terms of money but in terms of foods I eat and how much time i spend for resting/do something that would make me happy.

There are hotels in usa that are from $50,000 per night ,we have people who can book a month. Those people believe staying in the hotel would give them the maximum happiness they are seeking for .

Meanwhile, someone can stay in a hotel that is less than $500 per night and still have maximum happiness pass the rich man sleeping at $50k hotel.

A millionaire in Nigeria is just an average earner in Usa

Your level of understanding about happiness would determine the idea of how much to have not exact amount
In summary, you are saying the state of being rich is subjective and relative, you still didn't put any figure out.
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by helinues: 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
shortgun:

In summary, you are saying the state of being rich is subjective and relative, you still didn't put any figure out.

I in particular should be needing from billions. Standard Tv station in Nigeria would cost nothing less than N200m which is just one of the future wished projects

Not a fan of real live politics but you see those who go into it in Nigeria spend ridiculous amount to win. If you want to contest for any governorship position in any state in Nigeria, you should be having from billions. As the election is approaching, governorship and president adverts on major local news papers start from N5m.

Amount sometimes look heavy but when spending, na that time person go know say that amount can't do nada. Diezeani go her Dominican Republic diplomatic passport with $3m+.. Just passport oo
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by shortgun(m): 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
helinues:

I in particular should be needing from billions. Standard Tv station in Nigeria would cost nothing less than N200m which is just one of the future wished projects

Not a fan of real live politics but you see those who go into it in Nigeria spend ridiculous amount to win. If you want to contest for any governorship position in any state in Nigeria, you should be having from billions. As the election is approaching, governorship and president adverts on major local news papers start from N5m.

Amount sometimes look heavy but when spending, na that time person go know say that amount can't do nada. Diezeani go her Dominican Republic diplomatic passport with $3m+.. Just passport oo
5m for only advert?
And we still ask why politicians are corrupt?
I get your points anyways.
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by alienspy101: 6:48pm On Feb 15, 2022
40m can't get an average duplex in abuja, even in gwarimpa extensions.
That will only cover the cost of land.

A good duplex alone may take between 30m to 40m, add it up.

shortgun:

You are the 3rd person mentioning 200m million naira, I think it's on the high side. People with 100m naira or less can still be considered Rich cos with that amount they can still do all you mentioned with some amount to spare.
The average duplex in good areas in Abuja for instance is less than 40m, 10-15m will furnish it and another 10m will get them a good car.
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by VcStunner(m): 6:48pm On Feb 15, 2022
cheesy
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by helinues: 6:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
shortgun:

5m for only advert?
And we still ask why politicians are corrupt?
I get your points anyways.

30 seconds ads on CNN, FOX and co start from $2,500 that's commercial advert oo and you must be committed to spend at least $250k in all.

During Usa presidential debate, you should be ready to spend from $6k for 30 secs ads.

As for the politicians, no honest person can win major election in Africa not only Nigeria. You can't make your money legitimately and be competing with those who need only biro to write the figures
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by helinues: 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2022
alienspy101:

Imagine, person go get that house and no go wan get baddest toy cars in the garage? To be really rich in Nigeria require billions of Naira
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by VcStunner(m): 7:01pm On Feb 15, 2022
Not sure why am replying this thread, but here is what you need to know. A man with N200million can develop a kidney issue and may require over 150million to live again. While a man with N50million can smoke cigarette till his death at 85yrs and driving his fav car and living in his fav house while helping many others live better life. The question is, how would you define wealth? In all your getting, get wisdom... there is no greater wealth. From there springs forth everything else.
Check the link below on how to know a fake electric pressing iron
http://www.greentechnaija.com/2022/02/Original%20Philips%20Pressing%20Dry%20Iron%20Nigeria.html

1 Like

Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by neutralmind: 8:00pm On Feb 15, 2022
If you have enough resources to meet all your needs and still have extra for savings, investments and entertainment you are a rich man.
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by shortgun(m): 9:29pm On Feb 15, 2022
alienspy101:

40m will get you a good duplex in Abuja, I am into real estate.
Gwarinpa, lifecamp, lokogoma, katampe, wuye e.t.c

1 Like

Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by shortgun(m): 9:31pm On Feb 15, 2022
helinues:

30 seconds ads on CNN, FOX and co start from $2,500 that's commercial advert oo and you must be committed to spend at least $250k in all.

During Usa presidential debate, you should be ready to spend from $6k for 30 secs ads.

As for the politicians, no honest person can win major election in Africa not only Nigeria. You can't make your money legitimately and be competing with those who need only biro to write the figures
I didn't know media houses charge that much for ads..no wonder they are becoming powerful.
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by alienspy101: 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
I'm interested to purchase such duplex.
Drop your contact, i will contact you.
500 sqm Land cost above 40m for a duplex in efab metropolis, efab queens,ipent7,mab global etc and the are not even choice estates (all in gwarimpa extension).
For the past few weeks, i have practical gone round in search of this your kind of offer.
Maybe, agents are trying to play a fast one on me, for 400 to 500 sqm of land the locations been offered between 12m to 20m are tick bushes with estate projects ongoing.
(nnpc corporative,ochacho homes etc all at lifecamp) and lugbe (airport road) without paved road or infrastructure on ground surrounded by tick bush.
Honestly no reasonable person can even moving into any apartment there for now because of security reasons.

shortgun:

40m will get you a good duplex in Abuja, I am into real estate.
Gwarinpa, lifecamp, lokogoma, katampe, wuye e.t.c
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by shortgun(m): 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2022
alienspy101:
I'm interested to purchase.
Drop your contact, i will contact you.
500 sqm Land cost above 40m for a duplex in efab metropolis, efab queens,ipent7,mab global etc and the are not choice estates (all in gwarimpa extension).

Lets do business, for the past few weeks, i have practical gone round in search of this kind of offer.
Maybe,agents are trying to play a fast one on me,the locations been offered between 12m to 20m are all bushes with few projects ongoing.
(nnpc corporative,ochacho etc all at lifecamp) and honestly no reasonable person can even moving into any apartment there for now because of security reasons.

You can send me a pm, but you have to be patient cos am always very busy.
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by alienspy101: 10:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
Just give me location and I will go for inspection and we conclude after verification.
I will even be happy to introduce others to you.

Sent you a DM.

shortgun:

You can send me a pm, but you have to be patient cos am always very busy.
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by shortgun(m): 10:52pm On Feb 15, 2022
alienspy101:
Just give me location and I will go for inspection and we conclude after verification.
I will even be happy to introduce others to you.

Sent you a DM.

Chat me up on WhatsApp
Zero9zero8 640 5276
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by juman(m): 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2022
I pay all my bills.
I have extra of ten thousand naira.
I am rich.
Re: How Much Money Will A Man Have To Be Considered Rich by ScamHunter: 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2022
In Nigeria, I think 200 million naira. In reality, wealth is having Jesus, the currency of heaven.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nations: APC Regrets The Choice Of Tinubu, Receives National Embarrassment / No Igbo With Good Conscience Will Vote Against Tinubu / Breaking: Enugu Designated As Oil Producing State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.