Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Update On My Issue With My Boss. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Update On My Issue With My Boss. (35771 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by thatsleepboy1: 11:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Allisgud: 11:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
Human are very weird specs,once a position is bestowed on them they begin to show their self feeling like sacking people
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by BarrElChapo(m): 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:
https://www.nairaland.com/6983980/gave-boss-shocker-life

Sequel to my previous post about my boss and I.
It was a dramatic day for me yesterday. While everyone was enjoying Valentine's day celebration, I was summoned to a panel to explain my reasons for having to yell at my superior at work and not reporting to HR just like everyone has been suggesting on the comment section.
So I honoured the panel while a member of the board of directors was invited to hear from both parties.
My boss was emphasizing on the fact that I don't do the duties assigned to me, which is a BIG FAT LIE. Basically, he didn't have any cogent reason for his negative actions towards me. It was just pure hatred. I was then asked to talk, then I told the panel that since I was posted to his department, I've been getting negative vibes from him for no reason. I endured the whole hatred for 2 years and 3months under him without any retaliation.
Luckily, the MD had been briefed about the whole thing.
Now, i need you all to understand that I have a personal relationship with the MD.
So while the panel was ongoing, the MD called on zoom and interfered in the meeting. After hearing from both of us, he gladly ordered that my now EX BOSS be transferred to our portharcourt branch while someone else takes over with immediate effect.
Before I decided to yell at him, I had already made up my mind for whatever the outcome would be cos I had been pushed to the wall. Then the promotion even worsened the whole issue to the point that he couldn't hold the hatred other than to show it to me.
During pep talk this morning, y'all needed to see the look on his face. It was obvious he wanted me out, but to God be the glory, reverse is the case.

The MD later called me personally to admonish me about taking laws into my hands. I apologized and the whole thing ended.

I'm sorry for the long talk, but that's how it all played out.
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. God bless us all.

You even had the MD on speed dial come dey fear grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Danmboss(m): 11:41pm On Feb 15, 2022
Op anything wey baba God nor put hand nor de work, that's y u are victorious over your Boss on this matter.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by LordKushmann(m): 11:48pm On Feb 15, 2022
chigoziri2403:
To be candid, your personal relationship with the MD was what saved you

In a work place , there are processes to report an erring superior

You might not be lucky next time,if your next boss also have a personal relationship with the MD.

Your mind no tell you say no be wetin give am morale to para for em boss in the first place?? Onye nna ya nọ n'elu ìgwe a dịghị e jee ọkụ mmụọ.

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by BigBashiru: 11:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
chigoziri2403:
To be candid, your personal relationship with the MD was what saved you

In a work place , there are processes to report an erring superior

You might not be lucky next time,if your next boss also have a personal relationship with the MD.

This "personal relationship" thing is the reason why Nigeria is not working. Yelling on ur boss is gross misconduct which is ground for INSTANT DISMISSAL.

1 Like

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Ballack1(m): 11:53pm On Feb 15, 2022
[quote author=BigBashiru post=110262127]

This "personal relationship" thing is the reason why Nigeria is not working. Yelling on ur boss is gross misconduct which is ground for INSTANT DISMISSAL.
It depends on the company's rules and regulations
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by koyyess: 11:54pm On Feb 15, 2022
You for just tell us say d MD na your PADI...na that one move u to shout on top your boss head.

Lucky you.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by BigBashiru: 11:55pm On Feb 15, 2022
[quote author=Ballack1 post=110262151][/quote]

Under international labor law its gross misconduct. Any act of gross misconduct which after having being investigated is found true results in instant dismissal.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by providencia(m): 11:56pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lastmankc:
My own boss is even worst.I go soon break bottle for him head then I will resign.The guy is so toxic.

My guy country hard o. Think twice before you resign

1 Like

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 11:59pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

It was a dramatic day for me yesterday. While everyone was enjoying Valentine's day celebration, I was summoned to a panel to explain my reasons for having to yell at my superior at work and not reporting to HR just like everyone has been suggesting on the comment section.
So I honoured the panel while a member of the board of directors was invited to hear from both parties.
My boss was emphasizing on the fact that I don't do the duties assigned to me, which is a BIG FAT LIE. Basically, he didn't have any cogent reason for his negative actions towards me. It was just pure hatred. I was then asked to talk, then I told the panel that since I was posted to his department, I've been getting negative vibes from him for no reason. I endured the whole hatred for 2 years and 3months under him without any retaliation.
Now, i need you all to understand that I have a personal relationship with the MD.
So while the panel was ongoing, the MD called on zoom and interfered in the meeting. After hearing from both of us, he gladly ordered that my now EX BOSS be transferred to our portharcourt branch while someone else takes over with immediate effect.
Before I decided to yell at him, I had already made up my mind for whatever the outcome would be cos I had been pushed to the wall. Then the promotion even worsened the whole issue to the point that he couldn't hold the hatred other than to show it to me.
During pep talk this morning, y'all needed to see the look on his face. It was obvious he wanted me out, but to God be the glory, reverse is the case.

The MD later called me personally to admonish me about taking laws into my hands. I apologized and the whole thing ended.

now that God has given you victory over your enemy, lay down low and focus on your future, you may have other enemies who may want to prove MD action wrong, but your simplicity will prove them wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 16, 2022
Wow. Great news!

And congratulations!

It's obvious your company truly values their staff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 12:01am On Feb 16, 2022
Lastmankc:
My own boss is even worst.I go soon break bottle for him head then I will resign.The guy is so toxic.
calm down, he may die and you will go to jail. Allow God to shame him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by micflo28(m): 12:03am On Feb 16, 2022
Forget the talk that you took laws in your own hands, you were very diplomatic. Your silence signaled endurance to his rubbish and your countenance should tell him that you were getting to your boiling point. Their are agencies where reporting your superior is viewed as a serious offense. Just always be on the right path and you will be okay.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Adejuwonhis(m): 12:11am On Feb 16, 2022
Boss pls show me the way i ale cars too and do remote marketing too
greggng:
I am happy for you . Just be prayer ful .the best thing in life is being your own boss. I don't like stress or negative vibes . So I am my own boss . Even though I ve one issues here and their with Internet rats but I don't take things seriously with them cos what you sow you reap. For sometimes now I hardly advertise My cars on nairaland cos of the activities of this Internet rats . The good news is that they made me strategise and found new avenues of marketing my cars ..digital market is real . I don't even waste my time on nairaland Internet rat. I thank them cos without their action ,I wouldn't have gotten the new opportunity I ve now . You guys will miss me on nairaland for a long time .I am cashing out somewhere else. God bless us all
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by HarunaWest(m): 12:16am On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:

Wow.. That was quick. However don't loose guard, am sure he has allies in that office. You either subdue them or conquer them. He will not relent and he will still attack from away. So be careful. I sent you a P.M. kindly respond.

1 Like

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by TheiaTalks: 12:17am On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:

Wow! Congratulations! I'm so happy this worked out well for you! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:19am On Feb 16, 2022
One sided story
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by izubext007: 12:19am On Feb 16, 2022
I knew they was back bone behind ur action...... any way congratulations Goliath is down
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Carot: 12:32am On Feb 16, 2022
Lastmankc:
i get igbo mixed with cocaine way go help you
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Godblesmyhustle: 12:37am On Feb 16, 2022
[b][/b]
Lol! grin
Abeg take am easy!
Lastmankc:
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by civilserva: 12:37am On Feb 16, 2022
Lies
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Jeromejnr(m): 12:56am On Feb 16, 2022
Badguy77:
Thank God u have a sensible M.D and both of you have a close relationship.

Now the hunter has become the Hunted..This deserves a testimony.

Every oga blocking my way to become somebody in life let our M.D transfer him in jesus name..

Lol..this your prayer point ehn grin
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by iyobosadavid: 12:58am On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:

Good day boss Willywonda1, please I really need your help. I am a seafarer and I am searching for a job presently and i need you help. Awaiting your response sir... This is my number 0 .8 .0.3.0.8.7.9.1.6.6 or you can send me your contact through my email address dvdirabor@gmail.com, or so I can contact you. Hoping to hear from you. Thanks
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by MoneyGoDrop: 1:05am On Feb 16, 2022
[quote author=Terrence99 post=110261805]

Stop talking nonsense. I doubt if you have ever worked in a properly structured organisation before.

Mr properly structured organisation, keep supporting this decay. He wouldn't have gotten off lightly if not for his personal relationship with the md because he has never reported this case before being insubordinate.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Nobody: 1:22am On Feb 16, 2022
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by damzy88: 1:38am On Feb 16, 2022
greggng:
I am happy for you . Just be prayer ful .the best thing in life is being your own boss. I don't like stress or negative vibes . So I am my own boss . Even though I ve one issues here and their with Internet rats but I don't take things seriously with them cos what you sow you reap. For sometimes now I hardly advertise My cars on nairaland cos of the activities of this Internet rats . The good news is that they made me strategise and found new avenues of marketing my cars ..digital market is real . I don't even waste my time on nairaland Internet rat. I thank them cos without their action ,I wouldn't have gotten the new opportunity I ve now . You guys will miss me on nairaland for a long time .I am cashing out somewhere else. God bless us all
Cool.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by smile11s(m): 1:48am On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:

We thank God for you.

https://gist.am/ever-since-i-got-my-promotion-letter-my-boss-changed-to-me-abruptly-he-suddenly-finds-everything-i-do-useless-today-i-gave-my-boss-the-shocker-of-his-life/a/3135
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by hansomb: 1:58am On Feb 16, 2022
Penguin2:
Congratulations my man.

I’d rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

I read some comments by some p*ssy ass niggurs on your previous post blaming you for standing up to your irrational hating boss, and I couldn’t but laugh at their cowardice.

One guy even quoted the law of power. But he forgot that of the Laws states that you should “know when to strike”.

Apparently, as an Alphamale, you struck at the right time and things ended in your Favour.

If had done what you did, you still would be under the supervision of a hateful soul for God knows how long.

I think even the elements of nature knows that you did nothing to the man and that’s why they worked in your favour.

I will leave you with a piece of advice… For the next one year or even two years, make sure no one hears you sneeze in that office. Make sure this victory doesn’t get into your head (“In Victory, Know When to Stop”) . Or you might finally chop the stick. From now on, be seen but never heard; only do the duties assigned to you.

Good luck as I wish you more promotions.

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by nedekid: 2:10am On Feb 16, 2022
You did not tell the whole story before.
You omitted the part of having a "personal relationship" with your boss.
One of my costumers that works in a big company down the street tried that crap early January on his GM, an expertrate, (thinking as a pioneer staff and having relationship with the boss), GM gave him indefinate suspentiion! He called the CEO, till today him no pick. Sent text messages, for where?.
Meanwhile when he sits with his drinking pals they will tell him he did the right thing shouting on his GM.
When he told me I asked if he had plan B, he said no. You need the job l, he said yes, I said go and dobale for the GM. He said he will, but GM don drop instructions with security not to allow him into the premises!
Guyman now is at home, all his friends have left him. Meanwhile wife and children de to feed.
Sent him small change the other day.

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by BennyDGreat: 2:43am On Feb 16, 2022
nedekid:
You did not tell the whole story before.
You omitted the part of having a "personal relationship" with your boss.
One of my costumers that works in a big company down the street tried that crap early January on his GM, an expertrate, (thinking as a pioneer staff and having relationship with the boss), GM gave him indefinate suspentiion! He called the CEO, till today him no pick. Sent text messages, for where?.
Meanwhile when he sits with his drinking pals they will tell him he did the right thing shouting on his GM.
When he told me I asked if he had plan B, he said no. You need the job l, he said yes, I said go and dobale for the GM. He said he will, but GM don drop instructions with security not to allow him into the premises!
Guyman now is at home, all his friends have left him. Meanwhile wife and children de to feed.
Sent him small change the other day.

See problem. I pity am oh.
I guess they just want to teach him a lesson.
Hopefully it won't lead to a sack

1 Like

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by BennyDGreat: 2:45am On Feb 16, 2022
greggng:

Chief, is the digital marketing self taught or a paid class/ outsourced. I am trying to push out a brand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNIUYO Staff Electrocuted While Reconnecting Vandalized Armored Cable (Photos) / Jossy Otu: Mamador Gifts Food Hawker A Mobile Kitchen / Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.