Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Update On My Issue With My Boss. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Update On My Issue With My Boss. (35787 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Saintmary(f): 10:25am On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:
https://www.nairaland.com/6983980/gave-boss-shocker-life

Sequel to my previous post about my boss and I.
It was a dramatic day for me yesterday. While everyone was enjoying Valentine's day celebration, I was summoned to a panel to explain my reasons for having to yell at my superior at work and not reporting to HR just like everyone has been suggesting on the comment section.
So I honoured the panel while a member of the board of directors was invited to hear from both parties.
My boss was emphasizing on the fact that I don't do the duties assigned to me, which is a BIG FAT LIE. Basically, he didn't have any cogent reason for his negative actions towards me. It was just pure hatred. I was then asked to talk, then I told the panel that since I was posted to his department, I've been getting negative vibes from him for no reason. I endured the whole hatred for 2 years and 3months under him without any retaliation.
Luckily, the MD had been briefed about the whole thing.
Now, i need you all to understand that I have a personal relationship with the MD.
So while the panel was ongoing, the MD called on zoom and interfered in the meeting. After hearing from both of us, he gladly ordered that my now EX BOSS be transferred to our portharcourt branch while someone else takes over with immediate effect.
Before I decided to yell at him, I had already made up my mind for whatever the outcome would be cos I had been pushed to the wall. Then the promotion even worsened the whole issue to the point that he couldn't hold the hatred other than to show it to me.
During pep talk this morning, y'all needed to see the look on his face. It was obvious he wanted me out, but to God be the glory, reverse is the case.

The MD later called me personally to admonish me about taking laws into my hands. I apologized and the whole thing ended.

I'm sorry for the long talk, but that's how it all played out.
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. God bless us all.

You serve a living God.

And you're hardworking too, if not, you would have been fired.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by spencekat(m): 10:32am On Feb 16, 2022
mployer:
It might not be just the 'personal relationship'. He is probably too good at his job with great potentials that the MD wouldn't risk loosing him.

Again, the MD may have gotten several such reports about his boss. He knows both of them, he made the decision he feel is best for him.
Exactly
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by spencekat(m): 10:46am On Feb 16, 2022
Kingsleyebere:
forget that thing!! Who God wants to help He will help so it does not matter about the relationship he had with the MD,was it his relationship with the MD that made them transfer with boss to another branch?? i don't think so! God is the one and only helper every individual Has on earth!
You are correct!
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by spencekat(m): 10:48am On Feb 16, 2022
Congrats!A big shame to the stupid ordinary immediate boss.That is how they will be acting like 'God'.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Fronesis: 11:23am On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:

It was a dramatic day for me yesterday. While everyone was enjoying Valentine's day celebration, I was summoned to a panel to explain my reasons for having to yell at my superior at work and not reporting to HR just like everyone has been suggesting on the comment section.
So I honoured the panel while a member of the board of directors was invited to hear from both parties.
My boss was emphasizing on the fact that I don't do the duties assigned to me, which is a BIG FAT LIE. Basically, he didn't have any cogent reason for his negative actions towards me. It was just pure hatred. I was then asked to talk, then I told the panel that since I was posted to his department, I've been getting negative vibes from him for no reason. I endured the whole hatred for 2 years and 3months under him without any retaliation.
Now, i need you all to understand that I have a personal relationship with the MD.
So while the panel was ongoing, the MD called on zoom and interfered in the meeting. After hearing from both of us, he gladly ordered that my now EX BOSS be transferred to our portharcourt branch while someone else takes over with immediate effect.
Before I decided to yell at him, I had already made up my mind for whatever the outcome would be cos I had been pushed to the wall. Then the promotion even worsened the whole issue to the point that he couldn't hold the hatred other than to show it to me.
During pep talk this morning, y'all needed to see the look on his face. It was obvious he wanted me out, but to God be the glory, reverse is the case.

The MD later called me personally to admonish me about taking laws into my hands. I apologized and the whole thing ended.

Now let me say this, you're very lucky. I beg most of you in this same condition never to adopt this method; you will regret forever. That boy that told you one of the rules of power is never to offend the wrong person was very very right. Bosses are in that category and i will say that your strategy paid off ONLY because you're related to the MD...again, your boss is also stupid not knowing this; not knowing that you were the wrong person he wasn't supposed to mess with.

However, please anyone reading this, dont challenge your bosses no matter what. Even though he's your enemy, have a plan. Be an enemy too but dont show it to him. Let him see you as weak but strategise and know when to strike hard. The message here is never challenge your boss openly. I've been in the corporate for long and i have never seen anyone that survived it.

1 Like

Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by BENCHOKCONSULT: 11:31am On Feb 16, 2022
Invitationn:

Another way.
When people started saying Op should endure the bitter boss' excesses to keep his job, I was disgusted.
Except you are unemployable, you don't have to endure shit! Pack your things and leave and make sure you do it in style.
This guy has endured this shit for 2years 3months already.

Mine was 2 years but at that very moment, I never cared, My mental health is much more important than any pay.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by samdaisi: 11:38am On Feb 16, 2022
Congratulations bros,many of us have been victims of what God has save you from ( witchcraft act) hating somebody for no reasons .
Please brother could you help me to secure any job in your place, this is my whatssap phone No 08124005176.
Thank, God bless you
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by SnowfieldRealty(f): 11:47am On Feb 16, 2022
Penguin2:
Congratulations my man.

I’d rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

I read some comments by some p*ssy ass niggurs on your previous post blaming you for standing up to your irrational hating boss, and I couldn’t but laugh at their cowardice.

One guy even quoted the law of power. But he forgot that of the Laws states that you should “know when to strike”.

Apparently, as an Alphamale, you struck at the right time and things ended in your Favour.

If had done what you did, you still would be under the supervision of a hateful soul for God knows how long.

I think even the elements of nature knows that you did nothing to the man and that’s why they worked in your favour.

I will leave you with a piece of advice… For the next one year or even two years, make sure no one hears you sneeze in that office. Make sure this victory doesn’t get into your head (“In Victory, Know When to Stop”) . Or you might finally chop the stick. From now on, be seen but never heard; only do the duties assigned to you.

Good luck as I wish you more promotions.
You've said it all.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by fuke(m): 12:44pm On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:

You howled at your boss because you have a personal relationship
with the MD whom you knew all along would fight your case as he did.

Hmm. The MD is a simpleton who eroded discipline by siding with you to transfer your boss.

In saner climes, you should be disciplined, but this is Nigeria where anything goes.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by merits(m): 1:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:

I said it earlier on not everything can be solve with peace bcus some people are toxic,it is only aggressive way to outride them,congratulation bro TEAM NO NONSENSE,had'nt being you beg him he would still do worse. grin grin shocked
once again congratulation on your freedom.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Pegi23(f): 1:08pm On Feb 16, 2022
Off topic actually..are u married?
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by chigoziri2403(m): 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
eaglez:
Bro aside from personal relationship, there are some MD's that personally design accountability group, they may not be talking to you but they know you are working and giving results, they scheme behind to test ur true potentialities by giving tasks that hitherto u have not done before simply because they have interest which they won't share in you. So if there is an issue, they know how to step in. I can also tell u that op's ex boss has a relationship with the MD to be in such position
shouting at a superior is not a way to resolve issues
The boss was wrong, op was wrong also,at the end of the day, only one person was punished
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by do4luv14(m): 2:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:

Glad it was settled, else you would had been on the receiving end of his lies, thanks to your MD, it is well bro
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by OvertheTop(m): 3:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
chigoziri2403:
To be candid, your personal relationship with the MD was what saved you

In a work place , there are processes to report an erring superior

You might not be lucky next time,if your next boss also have a personal relationship with the MD.

EXACTLY!!
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by AleAirHub(m): 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
grin grin
Lastmankc:
My own boss is even worst.I go soon break bottle for him head then I will resign.The guy is so toxic.
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by lordally(m): 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:

pep talk this morning, y'all needed to see the look on his face. It was obvious he wanted me out, but to God be the glory, reverse is the case.

Thank God you didn't loose that job... Cos getting a job these days is not easy o
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by Pootle: 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
na lie na because u know MD na em mak u dey shout anyhow without following due process
Re: Update On My Issue With My Boss. by BigAPP(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2022
G

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages / I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.