Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal (59835 Views)

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by buJu234: 6:12pm On Feb 16, 2022
I like reading about other countries apart from the UK; US; Canada; Germany & Australia..

we need options for low-income earners like me...

where can one get abt 5-10M that Canada is requesting as proof of fund? U neva talk abt fight ticket oo etc..

so stories from Nigerians that are based in other countries are highly welcome.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2022
buJu234:

I think u re wrong.. i just found that the OP has been on Youtube since 2021..

see below:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNef5HpKt1A&list=UUAmQ_qr2QcfNfqu7XcKVF7Q&index=39

Yes, that's my youtube channel, also on instagram and facebook. I just created this trend February 16th, 2022 when i noticed that there are no trends for prospective students
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 6:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
Bayobishow:

Yes, that's my youtube channel, also on instagram and facebook. I just created this trend February 16th, 2022 when i noticed that there are no trends for prospective students. It was of recent I just thought that Should have used my channel's name as my users name but then i have already posted the trend
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Nicoswit(m): 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2022
Bayobishow:

Yes, that's my youtube channel, also on instagram and facebook. I just created this trend February 16th, 2022 when i noticed that there are no trends for prospective students
nice one op. What can you say about racism in portugal
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
juliuscapps:
So what's the criteria to meet for visa application?

For anyone who wants to migrate to portugal through study. The first thing you should do is to
1. Apply to the school (you must have searched out the school you feel that you can afford) and wait for names to be published. Once your name comes out, then you can the begin the real process.

Next is to
Take all educational certificate to the Ministry of education and foreign affairs (both can be done same day, for those who stays outside Abuja.

When you are thru there, you will then begin with the embassy
At the embassy, you will have to do the verification process when you submit your documents(Result) there. The embassy will send your documents to NUC, then the NUC will then send it to your school, then when the school finishes, the school will send it back to NUC, then NUC will send it to the Embassy. If everything goes well, it is then that the embassy will give you a call to come and apply.

what you need are
1. a valid passport (make copies of the data page when going there)
2. a completed application form (you can watch my video on my youtube channel (How to fill out Portugal visa application )
3. two coloured passport photographs
4. copy of the school certificates that was authenticated(stamped) at the foreign affairs. For those who did their BSc outside Nigeria, you have to get from the country where you finished from
5. Acceptance letter from the school you applied in Portugal
6. Evidence of accommodation in Portugal ( you can go to booking.com and do that, then later cancel it or you request from the school you applied to, they might help you)
7. Proof of financial capability

You can as well go online, all are listed there. You will see all

I hope it helps

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Saintdan0421(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
Don't you miss Nigerian foods?
Are Nigerian foods/ restaurants easily accessible?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Useku(m): 9:10pm On Feb 16, 2022
How much is the proof of fund?

How much is minimum deposit for school fees.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 11:56pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nicoswit:

nice one op. What can you say about racism in portugal

I've never experienced one before, since my 3years in Portugal. Never have police even stopped us (myself and family). We have never faced any intimidation of any kind rather they are always ready to help when you call on them. I think, it is because most blacks and even the portuguese are law abiding. In Portugal nobody is above the law. I'm not saying no racist but I've not met one. They are accommodating and friendly. The best is, when you make up ur mind to migrate to Portugal just learn the language

12 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 12:10am On Feb 17, 2022
Saintdan0421:
Don't you miss Nigerian foods?

Are Nigerian foods/ restaurants easily accessible?

We have other blacks here that speaks Portuguese like the Angola, cape verde, mozambique, guinea bissau. They are many here, so they bring their African food to portugal and they are same with us. I've not seen any Nigerian restaurant but i've heard about one in spain. African food are expensive, we buy once in a while. Nigerians are not really much in portugal smiley smiley smiley

11 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 12:30am On Feb 17, 2022
Useku:
How much is the proof of fund?

How much is minimum deposit for school fees.

Thanks for sharing!

For proof of fund...... I dont know but for students, i will advice that you get the total of your school fees for example, a student who intends to study at universidade de evora.

since you are not expected to pay your fees before applying for your advice. if your tuition is 2500euros/year, accommodation per year 2000euros, then feeding per month is 60euros times 12, put miscellaneous 500euros. convert all to naira and have as proof. I think, that would be considered.

i know of a person who recently(dec., 2021) got his visa. His sponsors acct was having 4million and he was granted.

For tuition fee in Portugal, one can pay installmentally. for example if your tuition fee is 2500euro, you can decide to pay 250 euros every month. Which is very good

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Useku(m): 6:10am On Feb 17, 2022
Bayobishow:

For proof of fund...... I dont know but for students, i will advice that you get the total of your school fees for example, a student who intends to study at universidade de evora.

since you are not expected to pay your fees before applying for your advice. if your tuition is 2500euros/year, accommodation per year 2000euros, then feeding per month is 60euros times 12, put miscellaneous 500euros. convert all to naira and have as proof. I think, that would be considered.

i know of a person who recently(dec., 2021) got his visa. His sponsors acct was having 4million and he was granted.

For tuition fee in Portugal, one can pay installmentally. for example if your tuition fee is 2500euro, you can decide to pay 250 euros every month. Which is very good

I really appreciate this info.

Thank you madam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Marimart: 6:33am On Feb 17, 2022
Bayobishow:

We have other blacks here that speaks Portuguese like the Angola, cape verde, mozambique, guinea bissau. They are many here, so they bring their African food to portugal and they are same with us. I've not seen any Nigerian restaurant but i've heard about one in spain. African food are expensive, we buy once in a while. Nigerians are not really much in portugal smiley smiley smiley
Why is it so?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 7:04am On Feb 17, 2022
Marimart:

Why is it so?

I think because Nigerians are not much in Portugal. But now, I think more students are applying to Portugal and soon Nigerians would be seen everywhere and we would have one. wink wink

6 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 7:05am On Feb 17, 2022
Useku:

I really appreciate this info.

Thank you madam

Thank God
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by cletz991(m): 8:00am On Feb 17, 2022
Can someone who is not your relation be a sponsor
Bayobishow:

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Joezinho: 8:01am On Feb 17, 2022
Hello bayobishow, are there universities in Portugal that waive application fees for international students?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Rictech: 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2022
Bayobishow:

For anyone who wants to migrate to portugal through study. The first thing you should do is to
1. Apply to the school (you must have searched out the school you feel that you can afford) and wait for names to be published. Once your name comes out, then you can the begin the real process.

Next is to
Take all educational certificate to the Ministry of education and foreign affairs (both can be done same day, for those who stays outside Abuja.

At the embassy, you will have to do the verification process when you submit your documents(Result) there. The embassy will send your documents to NUC, then the NUC will then send it to your school, then when the school finishes, the school will send it back to NUC, then NUC will send it to the Embassy. If everything goes well, it is then that the embassy will give you a call to come and apply.

what you need are
2. a completed application form (you can watch my video on my youtube channel (How to fill out Portugal visa application )
4. copy of the school certificates that was authenticated(stamped) at the foreign affairs. For those who did their BSc outside Nigeria, you have to get from the country where you finished from
6. Evidence of accommodation in Portugal ( you can go to booking.com and do that, then later cancel it or you request from the school you applied to, they might help you)

I hope it helps
Emnooni . I mentioned you here because you were asking about Portuguese student visa
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Rictech: 2:27pm On Feb 17, 2022
Bayobishow:

Next is to

what you need are

I hope it helps
Thanks for this info, well appreciated. Please what's the job prospect for someone in the IT(Web Developement) and how long are africans on student visa allowed to stay and look for job after graduation ?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Emnooni(m): 3:42pm On Feb 17, 2022
Rictech:

Emnooni . I mentioned you here because you were asking about Portuguese student visa
Thanks. I have already checked this thread earlier on. My main probs is the language barrier. Majority of schools there teaches in Portuguese.

How to bypass the Portuguese test proficiency is my main issue. I have not seen a clear sample.

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 10:50pm On Feb 17, 2022
Joezinho:
Hello bayobishow, are there universities in Portugal that waive application fees for international students?

I don't know of any, what i know is that most schools in Portugal application fee is 50euros

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Donbaba123: 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2022
Bayobishow:

I don't know of any, what i know is that most schools in Portugal application fee is 50euros

Some schools i checked their application seems complicated on their website, i don't mind if u assist in applying till i get my visa, i don't mind paying for the stress
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 11:51pm On Feb 17, 2022
Rictech:

Thanks for this info, well appreciated. Please what's the job prospect for someone in the IT(Web Developement) and how long are africans on student visa allowed to stay and look for job after graduation ?

When it comes to getting Job in Portugal, its not immediately because you must have to get your resident card before you can work and sometimes it take like 3-4months before one can get. But once you get it, there is a law that states that Master's student can only work for 20hours per week, so that he can study as well BUT some do get a full time job, since covid started most jobs are done remotely and most people take advantage of that. Also note that, some schools in portugal do elearning, like my school(universidade de Aveiro), if you take up a sit-at-home job, its better for you.

IT jobs are also invoke in Portugal, but then your experiences and having certificates also matter. One thing I'm quite sure is that you will get something doing

AS per student staying back after study, I already made a video on it, check out for "Bayobi Show " on youtube. A master's student can stay back only if he has a SUITABLE job, before the expiration of the resident card with him .

Here is the link for the video, I hope it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a9r-Fv6vHA

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by HelenBee(f): 11:55pm On Feb 17, 2022
Bayobishow:

Hi ma'am,
Are there any schools in Portugal that their programs are taught in English?

3 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 12:15am On Feb 18, 2022
Donbaba123:

Some schools i checked their application seems complicated on their website, i don't mind if u assist in applying till i get my visa, i don't mind paying for the stress

It's not complicated and you can do it yourself, what you need do is to, use chrome. It might appear in Portuguese but when you right click, you can translate it to English.
I made a video on that already, step by step on how to go about applying.
One you have to look out for school which will not be difficult for you to pay and know If you would find the course you want. I'm quite sure this video will help.

Some schools have done the !st phase Application for 2022, Like Universidade de Lisboa, Universidade do Porto, Universidade de Algarve, Universidade de coimbra, Universidade de Evora, IPB and others that i can't but you and always wait for the second phase if you want.
But universidade de Aveiro have not done their first phase of application, you can as well be checking their websites for more info.

Note that schools in Portugal interacts with the students by themselves, ask any questions and they would reply you immediately, so it is advisable that you do your application yourself, don't give your hard earn money to anyone

Here is the link, i hope it help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCbzPaSipmk

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 12:34am On Feb 18, 2022
HelenBee:
Hi ma'am,
Are there any schools in Portugal that their programs are taught in English?

Yes for most masters program its in both Portuguese an in English, however, in a case whereby the course would not be taught in English, it would be started when you are to apply.
Moreso, i'm in universidade de aveiro and my course is only in Portuguese, what i did was to pre-inform the HOD that i'm an english speaker, if i can apply. She told me that it would be challenging but if i can face it. I was given the admission but what she did was that, she informed ALL the prof that there is an english speaker in the class. so all my notes were already translated and sometimes they create special time to summarise the class for me.

So before you apply, you have to check if the course would be in both english and portuguese (masters student). Phd (English).
Check universidade de Algarve, but they just release names today

You can check my videos on youtube. Bayobi show

5 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by HelenBee(f): 7:13am On Feb 18, 2022
Bayobishow:

Yes for most masters program its in both Portuguese an in English, however, in a case whereby the course would not be taught in English, it would be started when you are to apply.
Moreso, i'm in universidade de aveiro and my course is only in Portuguese, what i did was to pre-inform the HOD that i'm an english speaker, if i can apply. She told me that it would be challenging but if i can face it. I was given the admission but what she did was that, she informed ALL the prof that there is an english speaker in the class. so all my notes were already translated and sometimes they create special time to summarise the class for me.

So before you apply, you have to check if the course would be in both english and portuguese (masters student). Phd (English).
Check universidade de Algarve, but they just release names today

You can check my videos on youtube. Bayobi show

I'm already following your channel and I watched about to videos yesterday,thank you for that.

How's it like studying in Portuguese as an English speaker? Is it easy? I started my research yesterday,all thanks to your thread.

Another question I'd like to ask,what is it like for people that have handwork already,say the likes of catering,event decor, tailoring or automobile engineering to establish themselves? Is it easy or they'll just make do with the available jobs in the country?

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by lahify(m): 11:05am On Feb 18, 2022
hello can one start a business after study over there to gain permanent residency.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Donbaba123: 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2022
Bayobishow:

It's not complicated and you can do it yourself, what you need do is to, use chrome. It might appear in Portuguese but when you right click, you can translate it to English.
I made a video on that already, step by step on how to go about applying.
One you have to look out for school which will not be difficult for you to pay and know If you would find the course you want. I'm quite sure this video will help.

Some schools have done the !st phase Application for 2022, Like Universidade de Lisboa, Universidade do Porto, Universidade de Algarve, Universidade de coimbra, Universidade de Evora, IPB and others that i can't but you and always wait for the second phase if you want.
But universidade de Aveiro have not done their first phase of application, you can as well be checking their websites for more info.

Note that schools in Portugal interacts with the students by themselves, ask any questions and they would reply you immediately, so it is advisable that you do your application yourself, don't give your hard earn money to anyone

Here is the link, i hope it help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCbzPaSipmk

Thanks alot, please which school are currently open for application for phase1? Thanks
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2022
HelenBee:

I'm already following your channel and I watched about to videos yesterday,thank you for that.

How's it like studying in Portuguese as an English speaker? Is it easy? I started my research yesterday,all thanks to your thread.

Another question I'd like to ask,what is it like for people that have handwork already,say the likes of catering,event decor, tailoring or automobile engineering to establish themselves? Is it easy or they'll just make do with the available jobs in the country?

Thank you.

It's not easy for me because my course is being taught In Portuguese, but for those that it was stated that it would be in both Portuguese and English, it is easier for them Although, they do help me in translation of the notes but...... I have to do extra reading. I answer all my questions in English

As per handwork, I can make hair, one day I made up my mind that I would start the hair making, because it's expensive to make hair in Aveiro, 80-100euros to make braids. I was discouraged when I was told the cost implications. I have to register,get a accountant, pay taxes and the likes, so I did not go further. I'm sure its because I'm still studying, no time for business but when I finish, I might look into that cos we have lots of blacks here, although not nigerians

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 5:41pm On Feb 18, 2022
Donbaba123:

Thanks alot, please which school are currently open for application for phase1? Thanks
Universidade de aveiro have not even started but most schools have done their first phase. Waiting for the 2nd phase.

News!!!

Universidade de algarve just released their names. So friends , go and check your mails.

As for universidade de evora, if you applied to that school, they sent mails to everyone to go and do their legalisation. If you applied, go and check your mail.

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Marimart: 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
dorobybaby:

Universidade de aveiro have not even started but most schools have done their first phase. Waiting for the 2nd phase.

News!!!

Universidade de algarve just released their names. So friends , go and check your mails.

As for universidade de evora, if you applied to that school, they sent mails to everyone to go and do their legalisation. If you applied, go and check your mail.
Pls can you assist one to get admission into your school?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by dorobybaby(f): 10:39pm On Feb 18, 2022
Marimart:

Pls can you assist one to get admission into your school?

I will alert everyone here once universidade de aveiro starts. Its very easy to apply, anyone can do it. Infact, even payment is easy(application fee)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Bumi Thomas, Nigerian, Faces Deportation In UK. Given 14 Days To Leave / Jelili Atiku Dresses As A Masquerade In Israel To A Dinner As People Stare -Pics / 20 Unbelievable Ways Cotonou Is Different From Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.