Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince (3023 Views)

Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince / Be Established In God's Righteousness - Joseph Prince / Pictures Of Joseph Prince $280 Million Church Building In Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2022
Yes
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:08am On Jul 21, 2022
Abraham
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:39am On Jul 24, 2022
Look up
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2022
Yes
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:46am On Jul 31, 2022
Yes Lord
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:02pm On Aug 22, 2022
Yeah
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
Powerful
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2022
According to the Christian Bible, personal salvation (heaven) can only be achieved through faith in Jesus. From a Jewish theological perspective, this claim is deeply problematic because there is no concept in Judaism that faith in the Messiah ben David leads to personal salvation. There is not a single verse in the Torah or the prophets that states or implies that belief in the Messiah ben David is required for or related to personal salvation. Missionaries should be asked to explain the total absence of this fundamental Christian concept in the Torah. Since the Torah and the prophets frequently repeat every major theological concept for clarity and emphasis, it is impossible to believe that God would not have revealed this “truth” to the Jewish People. Instead, the Torah states that “life” (one’s share in the World to Come) requires Jews to love God, fear God, and keep His commandments:

The Torah says, “See, I [God] have set before you today life and good, death and evil, in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments…I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live.” (Deut.30: 15-19)

God asks Jews to love Him and keep His commandments thereby “choosing (eternal) life.” There is no concept in the Torah that faith in the Messiah ben David brings personal salvation.

The Torah says, “Now, O Israel, what does the Lord, your God, ask of you? Only to fear the Lord, your God, to go in all His ways and to love Him, and to serve the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul, to observe the commandments of Hashem and His decrees…” (Deut. 10:12). This concept is also expressed in Ecclesiastes 12:13-14.

Fearing God means respecting boundaries and fearing the consequences of our behavior. God may be compared to a father who must be both loved and feared in order for his children to reach their full potential. Love alone produces spoiled children who lack discipline and boundaries; fear alone produces children who lack compassion and the ability to love. God requires both love and fear for human potential to be realized.

The Torah makes clear that Jewish salvation is through loving and fearing God and keeping the commandments of God’s Torah. Significantly, no other method of achieving salvation is mentioned in the Jewish Bible.
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2022
Evening
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2022
Yes
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2022
Morning
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 11:07pm On Oct 16, 2022
Boom
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2022
Glory
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:50am On Nov 16, 2022
Glory...
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:06am On Dec 24, 2022
Glory
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:41pm On Jan 01, 2023
Boom
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:38am On Feb 05, 2023
Yes
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 05, 2023
sonmvayina:
According to the Christian Bible, personal salvation (heaven) can only be achieved through faith in Jesus. From a Jewish theological perspective, this claim is deeply problematic because there is no concept in Judaism that faith in the Messiah ben David leads to personal salvation. There is not a single verse in the Torah or the prophets that states or implies that belief in the Messiah ben David is required for or related to personal salvation. Missionaries should be asked to explain the total absence of this fundamental Christian concept in the Torah. Since the Torah and the prophets frequently repeat every major theological concept for clarity and emphasis, it is impossible to believe that God would not have revealed this “truth” to the Jewish People. Instead, the Torah states that “life” (one’s share in the World to Come) requires Jews to love God, fear God, and keep His commandments:

The Torah says, “See, I [God] have set before you today life and good, death and evil, in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments…I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live.” (Deut.30: 15-19)

God asks Jews to love Him and keep His commandments thereby “choosing (eternal) life.” There is no concept in the Torah that faith in the Messiah ben David brings personal salvation.

The Torah says, “Now, O Israel, what does the Lord, your God, ask of you? Only to fear the Lord, your God, to go in all His ways and to love Him, and to serve the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul, to observe the commandments of Hashem and His decrees…” (Deut. 10:12). This concept is also expressed in Ecclesiastes 12:13-14.

Fearing God means respecting boundaries and fearing the consequences of our behavior. God may be compared to a father who must be both loved and feared in order for his children to reach their full potential. Love alone produces spoiled children who lack discipline and boundaries; fear alone produces children who lack compassion and the ability to love. God requires both love and fear for human potential to be realized.

The Torah makes clear that Jewish salvation is through loving and fearing God and keeping the commandments of God’s Torah. Significantly, no other method of achieving salvation is mentioned in the Jewish Bible.

When you talk about the Torah, you talk about it as if a group of people came together to write it.

The book is like the bible. A collection of different writers. If the collectors decided to ignore the write up of some writers that the bible accepted, why should those who believe in the bible make reference to them?

Before you answer, remember that all writers both for Torah and the bible were all Jews.
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2023
Thanksful:

When you talk about the Torah, you talk about it as if a group of people came together to write it.

The book is like the bible. A collection of different writers. If the collectors decided to ignore the write up of some writers that the bible accepted, why should those who believe in the bible make reference to them?

Before you answer, remember that all writers both for Torah and the bible were all Jews.

The Jewish scriptures ended in Malachi ,who incidentally is the last prophet..before the gift of prophecy was taken by God..

The so called new testament (from Mathew to revelation) where written by Greeks and Romans. Christianity is not a Jewish concept. It is Greco Roman in outlook. I enumerated what salvation entails in Judaism. It does not have belief in the Messiah as one of them...

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2023
sonmvayina:

The Jewish scriptures ended in Malachi ,who incidentally is the last prophet..before the gift of prophecy was taken by God..

The so called new testament (from Mathew to revelation) where written by Greeks and Romans. Christianity is not a Jewish concept. It is Greco Roman in outlook. I enumerated what salvation entails in Judaism. It does not have belief in the Messiah as one of them...

You dey wyne me? Was peter not a Jew? Was Jesus not a Jew?

Do you think the bible is the only holy writ of the Jews?

Who among the writers of the bible that wasn't a Jew?
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2023
Thanksful:

You dey wyne me? Was peter not a Jew? Was Jesus not a Jew?

Do you think the bible is the only holy writ of the Jews?

Who among the writers of the bible that wasn't a Jew?

The Jews don't answer those names..

Those are Greco Roman names....

Jesus is not a Jew.

He is a character in in Roman Catholic propaganda.
The fact that the story is set in Israel does not mean it was written by Jews...

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2023
sonmvayina:

Jesus is not a Jew.

The fact that the story is set in Israel does not mean it was written by Jews...

Which name do dey answer? Like Moses?

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 11:16pm On Feb 05, 2023
Thanksful:

Which name do dey answer? Like Moses?

Yes ...
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by 1Sharon(f): 2:24am On Feb 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

Jesus is not a Jew.

Alot of Jews don't even believe in God.
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 06, 2023
sonmvayina:

Yes ...

Funny! Do you even look at genealogy of family in Israel. How many people answer Moses?

Do you know why Jesus was called raboni in his time?
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 12:08pm On Feb 06, 2023
Thanksful:

Funny! Do you even look at genealogy of family in Israel. How many people answer Moses?

Do you know why Jesus was called raboni in his time?

Jesus was created by Rome..

He is not real...

Much like Harry potter..
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 12:08pm On Feb 06, 2023
1Sharon:

Alot of Jews don't even believe in God.

They believe in a creator of heaven and earth..
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 07, 2023
sonmvayina:

Jesus was created by Rome..

He is not real...

Much like Harry potter..

You can believe anything that you like but bringing your ignorance to the public is nauseating. Oh! I forgot, this is a faceless forum. Enjoy your intoxication
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 7:59am On Feb 07, 2023
Thanksful:

You can believe anything that you like but bringing your ignorance to the public is nauseating. Oh! I forgot, this is a faceless forum. Enjoy your intoxication

slowpoke..

Why are you attacking me instead of trying to disprove my point...
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 07, 2023
sonmvayina:

slowpoke..

Why are you attacking me instead of trying to disprove my point...

How did that become and attack. It seems you are the slowpoke here
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by sonmvayina(m): 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Thanksful:

How did that become and attack. It seems you are the slowpoke here

So what was your counter..?
Re: The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 07, 2023
sonmvayina:

So what was your counter..?

Please go and learn English if you must interact with people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? / What God Cannot Do / Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.