Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister (22755 Views)

7 Reasons Why Degree Holders Are Poor By Malam Mamuda Kabir DUTSINMA / Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister / Malam U.C. Aliu: AAU Lecturer Beats University Students Mercilessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Oluwatech(m): 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, has said that he is surprised by the decision of the Academic Staff Union of Universities to embark on a one-month strike.

He said this on Wednesday while fielding questions from State House reporters after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

The minister, who cleared the government of any fault over failure to reach a truce after several negotiations between ASUU and the Federal Government, said the decision of the university lecturers came abruptly amidst ongoing meetings.

According to him, “ASUU, unfortunately, they have gone on strike and I am looking for them because all the issues are being addressed. The last thing that happened was that our committee looked at their demands but there are renegotiations going on. They submitted a draft agreement which the ministry is looking at.”

Adamu, while speaking on ASUU’s draft agreement, said, “A committee is looking at it. Immediately it finishes, the government is meant to announce what it had accepted. Then suddenly, I heard them going on strike.”

The minister, while commenting on allegations from ASUU about his absence from meetings, said “ASUU will never say that. I always call the meeting myself. The meetings I didn’t attend were those that happened when I was in hospital in Germany.

“We want a peaceful resolution. The federal government is ready to meet them on all issues they have raised and if there are so many meetings and the gap is not closing, then I think it’s not the fault of the government.

“There is a solution to this. The negotiations are the solution and that is why I have said that I am surprised that ASUU has gone on strike.”

Asked if the government can reach an agreement with ASUU before the end of the 30-day strike, he said, “I can’t give you time. I am ready to reach an agreement with ASUU now but since I’m not the only one, I can’t give you time but certainly, we are going to reach an agreement very soon.”

Adamu, while speaking on the clear-cut disparity in cut-off marks for common entrance examinations across various parts of the country, said the low cut-off marks in the North were meant to comply with the requirements of the Federal Character Commission.

“I have nothing to say on that. I am not aware of any difference unless it is meant to satisfy the requirements of Federal character. I think the federal character is required for the nation and it is accepted. There is nothing we can do about that. There would come a time when it would not be necessary.”

https://dailytrust.com/im-surprised-ASUU-has-gone-on-strike-minister-of-education

1 Like

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by LordIsaac(m): 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2022
How do you give "Minister of Education" to a Mallam?

288 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
and Adamu you are not surprise you are still a minister?. Chai this country

187 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by ojun50(m): 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
Na WA buhari kill this country

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by otokx(m): 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2022
Even surprise is surprised

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Harrykn: 10:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
This country no get head again

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by gsegun43: 11:25am On Feb 17, 2022
You are surprised, you're even in shock.

This kon3 ehn, e get as e be

grin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Mophor: 11:26am On Feb 17, 2022
Issokay!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Sirmuel1(m): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2022
Coming from the Minister of Education? This is hilarious grin

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by ShenTeh(m): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2022
Government of 'Surprised', 'Shocked' and 'Denials'

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Rtk5: 11:26am On Feb 17, 2022
May you also be suprise when God starts punishing you.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by slimanyd: 11:26am On Feb 17, 2022
Just tell us ure not aware they are on strike. Simple. Nobody will beat you.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by athaboi(f): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2022
Dull Brain! I barely hear about this one... fortunate mallam who's only grace is quoter system favoring their block head

29 Likes

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Passionate888: 11:26am On Feb 17, 2022
Malam is surprised. I blame Buhari

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Angelfrost(m): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2022
How many decades of ASUU strikes... How many more to come??!

Aren't you all ashamed of yourselves?!!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by baralatie(m): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2022
grin
You are surprised?

Wallahi
grin grin grin

Bubu is shocked.that Russia did not invade Ukraine

21 Likes

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by incogni2o: 11:27am On Feb 17, 2022
LordIsaac:
How do you give "Minister of Education" to a Mallam?

No be una choose am?

3 Likes

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by illicit(m): 11:27am On Feb 17, 2022
Not surprising
Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Baawaa(m): 11:27am On Feb 17, 2022
The minister, while commenting on allegations from ASUU about his absence from meetings, said “ASUU will never say that. I always call the meeting myself. The meetings I didn’t attend were those that happened when I was in hospital in Germany.
Imagine,the mallam in Germany for treatment while his children also in developed countries studying.2023 is around the corner

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by incogni2o: 11:27am On Feb 17, 2022
I am surprised who is the Minister of Education
Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by CheedyJ(m): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2022
Minister of surprise, welldone sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by RillJ(m): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2022
EPIC

Awon Shocked Crew
Hisbah21:
and Adamu you are not surprise you are still a minister?. Chai this country

1 Like

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by InaNla(f): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2022
E-diot!
Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Kingpele(m): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2022
Me too am surprised at your cluelessness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 17, 2022
By the time Buhari and his brainless ministers are done with this country. Una eyes go clear grin

imagine the minister of education of a country spilling trash grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Olowololaye01: 11:28am On Feb 17, 2022
Again
Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by FactBoyz: 11:28am On Feb 17, 2022
sad
Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by Emmexguy123: 11:28am On Feb 17, 2022
What a confused Mallam minister??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister by TBadd(m): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2022
Lol

A mallam is the minister of “a whole education” first problem...

Mallam is surprised ASUU went on strike, because he is always absent during meetings because he’s in Germany, lol...

And some people are still blaming ASUU, federal character also applies to cut off marks for qualifications into schools and what have you, yet they vie for the highest positions in the country despite being the least smart and qualified, yet as a nation we can’t see anything wrong in all that.

First and foremost, that federal character of a thing should be abolished, let’s stop empowering mediocrity, if federal character continues for the next decade or two, what kind of youths and leaders do you think we’ll produce by then? More incompetent people, it’s simple...

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sexual Harassment: Ali Shehu, Kano Lectur Granted N200k Bail / 6 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Prof Nnenna Oti, FUTO's First Female VC / FUTO Student Bites Off Nose Of Fellow Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.