Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates (3230 Views)

Economic Hardship: Wema Bank Announces Salary Increment For Staff / Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots, Blames Coronavirus-induced Economic Downturn / Niger Governor Increases Workers’ Salaries, Employs 400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by postbox: 8:23am On Feb 17, 2022
In yet another demonstration of its unalloyed support for the growth and advancement of the careers of Nigeria’s teeming youths, leading innovative financial institution, Wema Bank, has employed 69 new graduates who recently completed its Bankers-in-Training Scheme.

The Bankers-in-Training scheme is an intensive 14-week programme to help develop well-rounded bankers who are taken through the rudiments of the profession before being employed by the bank.

With an average age of 27, this latest cohort was trained at the financial institution’s Purple Academy in Lagos. They underwent a general assessment to test for knowledge, comprehension and numeracy skills.

They also underwent technical assessment as the bank sought to refine their skills for modern and innovative banking requirements before integrating them into the system to put their knowledge into practice in Wema Bank and ALAT departments.

Commenting on the exercise, Chief Human Resource Officer, Ololade Ogungbenro, expressed delight with the quality of trainees, describing them as bright with an aptitude for banking.

She also added that Wema Bank would not relent in developing and enlarging Nigeria’s talent pool of bankers with adequately trained people who will further develop the sector.

“We have taken it as a duty at Wema Bank to upskill talents and set them on a comfortable pathway as they join us. Apart from our core banking business, we are also about talent development and management; hence we are delighted to have trained this new set of recruits and integrated them into the system,” she said.

Wema Bank, the creator of Nigeria’s first fully digital bank, ALAT By Wema, has an impressive track record of talent development and management. Apart from the Bankers-in-Training Scheme, it launched an SME Business School last year to equip SMEs with the essential management knowledge required to effectively run their businesses and respond to challenges in a demanding business environment.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2022/02/16/wema-bank-concludes-bankers-in-training-program-employs-69-graduates/

3 Likes

Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Longin: 8:29am On Feb 17, 2022
Nice one
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Nehyooh(m): 8:33am On Feb 17, 2022
Bravo !

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 17, 2022
nice one
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Favng: 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2022
Did anyone receive mail from wema bank for interview tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Pribelatlay: 7:06am On Apr 15, 2022
Favng:
Did anyone receive mail from wema bank for interview tomorrow

Yes I did and I have done the interview for the banker in training... Have you been reached out to

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by shammahyaro(f): 10:04am On Apr 15, 2022
Pribelatlay:

Yes I did and I have done the interview for the banker in training... Have you been reached out to

They reached out to people for medicals. Have you gotten the mail?

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Phateeeeeee: 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2022
Not gotten any feedback for medical yet. Please how can I reach you guys?
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Phateeeeeee: 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2022
shammahyaro:

They reached out to people for medicals. Have you gotten the mail?
What's the latest
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by shammahyaro(f): 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
Phateeeeeee:

What's the latest

They called people to confirm their age and location on Tuesday, then medical mails rolled out on Thursday. The medicals will go on from 15-18th of April

We're you called?

2 Likes

Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Phateeeeeee: 8:58pm On Apr 16, 2022
Wow, i was not called after interview
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Phateeeeeee: 9:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
shammahyaro:

They called people to confirm their age and location on Tuesday, then medical mails rolled out on Thursday. The medicals will go on from 15-18th of April

We're you called?
Congratulations dear
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by shammahyaro(f): 7:32am On Apr 17, 2022
Phateeeeeee:

Congratulations dear

Sorry, I wasn't called o
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Phateeeeeee: 4:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
shammahyaro:

Sorry, I wasn't called o

How did u know candidate are already doing their medical.
When was your interview
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by shammahyaro(f): 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
Phateeeeeee:

How did u know candidate are already doing their medical.
When was your interview

There's Whatsapp group chat and few people were called from there.
5th April.
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Phateeeeeee: 10:12pm On Apr 17, 2022
shammahyaro:

5th April.
Cam you help with the link.
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Phateeeeeee: 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
shammahyaro:

5th April.
Can you help with the link.
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Pribelatlay: 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2022
shammahyaro:

We're you called?

Are you sure about this information. I am not sure they will call for medicals on a public holiday

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Phateeeeeee: 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2022
Pribelatlay:

Are you sure about this information. I am not sure they will call for medicals on a public holiday
Please do u have d watsap group link
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Pribelatlay: 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
Phateeeeeee:

No I don't
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Pribelatlay: 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2022
Phateeeeeee:

No I don't I am not aware of any WhatsApp group
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Phateeeeeee: 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
Pribelatlay:

No I don't I am not aware of any WhatsApp group

Have u been called
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Pribelatlay: 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2022
Phateeeeeee:

Have u been called

No. I don't think that information is right
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by shammahyaro(f): 8:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
Pribelatlay:

Training school is next week. I'm very very sure. Our guys in the group has done medicals.
Group link
https://chat.whatsapp. com.
/If8ZqOdc7t50Nnmci7ucW3 seperate the gap
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by shammahyaro(f): 8:29pm On Apr 19, 2022
Pribelatlay:

No. I don't think that information is right

Well, Join the group and ask then
Training school is next week
Runs for 6weeks
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Pribelatlay: 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2022
shammahyaro:

Well, Join the group and ask then
Training school is next week
Runs for 6weeks

Are you sure it's not for graduate trainee... Because for bankers in training, the training runs for 14weeks like 3momths
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Phateeeeeee: 9:15pm On Apr 19, 2022
Pribelatlay:

Are you sure it's not for graduate trainee... Because for bankers in training, the training runs for 14weeks like 3momths
Yes mine is 3months training but not been called for medical
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Phateeeeeee: 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2022
shammahyaro:

Training school is next week. I'm very very sure. Our guys in the group has done medicals.
Group link
https://chat.whatsapp. com.
/If8ZqOdc7t50Nnmci7ucW3 seperate the gap
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Phateeeeeee: 8:53am On Apr 20, 2022
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by wolexini(m): 8:44pm On May 09, 2022
Please I got a call today asking to resume. Does anyone here also got enrolled
Re: Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates by Mjbrown: 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
Pribelatlay:

Please I want to teach our to you. I just got email to do the test. I need directions

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Course Can I Do While Waiting For Service? / Economics Proof That Mu1/p1 = Mu2/p2 = Mu3/p3 / I Will Teach You How To Make Money Daily Through Facebook Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.