Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 (2086 Views)

“you Changed My Life”: Oyinbo Man Gives Nigerian Student N159 Million, New Car / Forget Garden of Eden! This is the Apple that *CHANGED the World {pictured} / Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 by mercygrey177(f): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2022
I'm a lazy reader, we all, when I mean we all I mean my *fellow lazy readers* �. sometimes we just want the summary and not the details, and when we finally decide to read a book, a novel, inspirational and so on we take weeks going on months to finish.
Over time I decided on my own to develop the art of reading I would take a book that interests me and give myself a deadline to finish. when I started it wasn't successful cause I had other things clustered about that took my time. sometimes I would start and when my favorite show is on I would leave the book and forget about it for days even though I was enjoying it. I discovered a book that taught me how to get things done. it was 3 books the introduction was so igniting and inviting. I felt I could just read them at once. when I saw various referrals on these books I knew I had to read them. But my problem was 'will I finish them' and I did eventually through the help of the first book 'Deep work' these books were;

DEEP WORK
I decided to start with deep work, and I'm glad I did cause it helped me develop the art of reading, not just reading it helped to know how to share my focus, concentrate, and get maximum achievement in any activity. According to Cal Newport, deep work is the ability to focus without distraction on a cognitively demanding task. He explained that deep work will make you better at what you do and provide a sense of true fulfillment. I realized my issue with getting anything done completely without any break or leaving it unfinished was a lack of focus. this book will help you escape the state of bewilderment and help you adopt a state where 'concentration is so intense that there is no attention left to think about anything. I have always had a flair for writing, novel, short story but always moving from one story to another. This book taught how to curb distractions in other to get maximum results.

EAT THAT FROG
Having laid the foundation through deep work. Eat the frog only took me 3days to finish which was very on like me. Asides from that the book taught me a lot. Brian Tracy demonstrates how important it is to set clear priorities and handle the task with the highest priority, in addition, she noted that the task that can be postponed are tasks with low priorities. with this book I was able to set my daily to-do-list making sure I write at least 3 pages a day on my novel. if you are struggling with your to-do list make sure to read this.

ATOMIC HABITS
if you go to a self-development bookshelf you will find this book. After reading to the end, this book is a good start for anyone who wants to start improving in themselves. one way to make significant changes is to develop good, valuable habits. Atomic habits tell us how to build habits starting from the tiniest. I was glad to know that the content in the book is practical and can really be practiced not just teachings.

If you would love to read any of these books. download on Z-library.com.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 by CapodeCapouti(m): 9:17pm On Feb 17, 2022
Great books.

1 Like

Re: Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 by luemz(m): 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2022
Thanks for sharing

mercygrey177:
I'm a lazy reader, we all, when I mean we all I mean my *fellow lazy readers* �. sometimes we just want the summary and not the details, and when we finally decide to read a book, a novel, inspirational and so on we take weeks going on months to finish.
Over time I decided on my own to develop the art of reading I would take a book that interests me and give myself a deadline to finish. when I started it wasn't successful cause I had other things clustered about that took my time. sometimes I would start and when my favorite show is on I would leave the book and forget about it for days even though I was enjoying it. I discovered a book that taught me how to get things done. it was 3 books the introduction was so igniting and inviting. I felt I could just read them at once. when I saw various referrals on these books I knew I had to read them. But my problem was 'will I finish them' and I did eventually through the help of the first book 'Deep work' these books were;

I decided to start with deep work, and I'm glad I did cause it helped me develop the art of reading, not just reading it helped to know how to share my focus, concentrate, and get maximum achievement in any activity. According to Cal Newport, deep work is the ability to focus without distraction on a cognitively demanding task. He explained that deep work will make you better at what you do and provide a sense of true fulfillment. I realized my issue with getting anything done completely without any break or leaving it unfinished was a lack of focus. this book will help you escape the state of bewilderment and help you adopt a state where 'concentration is so intense that there is no attention left to think about anything. I have always had a flair for writing, novel, short story but always moving from one story to another. This book taught how to curb distractions in other to get maximum results.

Having laid the foundation through deep work. Eat the frog only took me 3days to finish which was very on like me. Asides from that the book taught me a lot. Brian Tracy demonstrates how important it is to set clear priorities and handle the task with the highest priority, in addition, she noted that the task that can be postponed are tasks with low priorities. with this book I was able to set my daily to-do-list making sure I write at least 3 pages a day on my novel. if you are struggling with your to-do list make sure to read this.

if you go to a self-development bookshelf you will find this book. After reading to the end, this book is a good start for anyone who wants to start improving in themselves. one way to make significant changes is to develop good, valuable habits. Atomic habits tell us how to build habits starting from the tiniest. I was glad to know that the content in the book is practical and can really be practiced not just teachings.

Z-library is a great resource when it comes to books.

My goal for the year is to read atleast 12 books i.e. 1 book per month.

Atomic Habits is my next read

5 Likes

Re: Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 by MetroBaba1(m): 2:49am On Feb 18, 2022
I started this year on a very good note. Hopefully, I desire to maintain this lovely lane and achieve my aim this year. That is, too good books each month.

Your thread is an encouraging one.

2 Likes

Re: Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 18, 2022
I have heard only good things about Atomic Habit. I even thought about the book this morning before coming across this thread. This is the universe speaking to me. Time to get it.

5 Likes

Re: Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 by underpinna: 10:50am On Feb 18, 2022
The lazy reading and writing attitude. I hope to break off from it this year.

1 Like

Re: Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 by Graceconnect: 11:44am On Feb 18, 2022
Thanks for this, you just opened me up to a new world for my betterment; especially with the Z library thing. Maybe I owe you a can of malt. You are on the path of greatness
mercygrey177:

1 Like

Re: Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 by mercygrey177(f): 1:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
Graceconnect:
Thanks for this, you just opened me up to a new world for my betterment; especially with the Z library thing. Maybe I owe you a can of malt. You are on the path of greatness
Thank you so much. Although the post was scattered it wasn’t how I arranged it on my blog I thought people wouldn’t understand it. grin. thanks you
Re: Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 by mercygrey177(f): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2022
MetroBaba1:
I started this year on a very good note. Hopefully, I desire to maintain this lovely lane and achieve my aim this year. That is, too good books each month.

Your thread is an encouraging one.
Thank you .

1 Like

Re: Here Are 3 Books That Changed My Life In 2021 by mercygrey177(f): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2022
underpinna:
The lazy reading and writing attitude. I hope to break off from it this year.
Yes o. Download deep work the first 3 chapters will help you

(1) (Reply)

Uniport Post Ume Results Out 1055 Candidates Disqualified / Latest Info On Lasu Crisis ! Fashola To: / JAMB Computer Based Test - Try It Out NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.