Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse (16135 Views)

Over 400 People Dead, 1000 Injured As Massive Earthquake Hits Nepal / Document Exposes Plot To Collapse Nigeria’s Economy By US & Britain / Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by daprince: 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2007
otokx:

I don talk am say nothing dey this yankee wey people dey run there anyhow.

I'm sure that u must have applied for the US. visa more than 5 times, yet u are there running your mouth about nothing being in America. The bridge was made by man, so one must expect some failure. Some people here are just so insensitive. Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by ebos(m): 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2007
I'm even surprised the kind of words people are using here. Nigerians are not appreciative. Americans have been donating to fight poverty and its related diseases in Nigeria, yet we curse them for any slight thing that happens to them. I may say it's envy. How many times has this happened to them? When it happens to Nigerian, America will send relief items. Even in Iraq, Americans have sacrificed a lot of their citizens to stabilize Iraq. They can leave Iraq tomorrow if they want, but it will be disastrous for the Iraqis - Civil war. How is it nemesis now? Are Americans not assisting poor countries in Africa? How many countries can Nigeria boast of assisting? We have not even assisted ourselves let alone others. Go to American Embassy in Nigeria, it’s like a political rally happening there, people struggling to get Visa. Most Nigerians should have a rethink.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by ebos(m): 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2007
Of all the countries in the world today, America tops in the fight against poverty and whatever. They are human beings like us and they are not immune from natural disaster. Inspite of this, they are better than us because they have low rate of such disaster. Now, let us ask ourselves when that bridge was built. Unlike us, our bridges and buildings collapse within 2-4 years.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Carlosein(m): 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2007
humans will always be humans, some will say thank God for the disaster (how sad) while some will try to show empathy.

whether it's in america or else where in the world there are those who will say all sorts.

but lives were lost and we have to learn lessons from this incident so it does not recurr.

may the souls of the departed rest in perfect peace, amen.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by TayoD(m): 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2007
Thank God for the likes of you guys: Carlosein, ebos, daprince, nana and ralvy. It's good to know there are people who are able to reason crrectly. I am so ashamed of what some of my fellow Nigerians have said here.

Whether na bad belle, racism (yes, racism) or just plain hold fashioned hatred cause am, the bile some people have spewed here is totally unacceptable at a time like this.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Afam(m): 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2007
No innocent person deserves to die in any part of the world.

That stated do we also realize that lots of people died when Israel was bombing bridges in Lebanon last year and the majority of the casualties were civilians who were innocent?

Or the uncountable number of people that have died in Iraq since the illegal invasion of that country some years ago?

Or, are some lives more precious than others?

4 abi 6 or is it 8 people died in this unfortunate incident and the coverage is overwhelming but in Iraq today people die in tens if not hundreds every day.

God created all men equal and we should not regard some people more than others since we cannot create lives (well, people don dey clone sha).
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by ebos(m): 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2007
Tayod, as you said, unguided comments are not for a time like this. We are the people saying Americans are behaving as if they were God, but the truth of the matter is that, Americans never one day compared themselves with God. Outsiders thinks that way, just because of their achievements in science and technology etc.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Carlosein(m): 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2007
well said
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by daprince: 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2007
It's unfortunate that people just blab without caution. I'm Nigerian and I could have been driving on that same bridge that day (my friend was fortunate to have missed that incident just 20 minutes before it occurred). I believe most people here who are saying crap are just being jealous.

Tayo, what part of Minneapolis do u live?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by dearstan(m): 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2007
Seun, banning denex creates an imbalance in this discussion.
Don't you think so?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Ralvy(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2007
sm1 got banned;
muhahahahhahaha

grin grin grin
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by omoge(f): 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2007
i think those denied Visa are those putting in bad comment here.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Ralvy(m): 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2007
Visa ke, lol
grin cheesy wink

Lets not 4get tu mourn the loss of those that were on the bridge*
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by TayoD(m): 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2007
@daprince,

It's unfortunate that people just blab without caution. I'm Nigerian and I could have been driving on that same bridge that day (my friend was fortunate to have missed that incident just 20 minutes before it occurred). I believe most people here who are saying crap are just being jealous.
You never know who could be a victim of such things and I just can't imagine others will use the opportunity to taunt. I asked a guy to meet me for his check after doing some work for me. He was so shaken up becuase the foreman working on the bridge was actually his friend. Infact, he was on the same crew with him until he sought another line of work due to injury. A Somali woman and young daughter are amongst those still missing. It is just a tragedy.

Tayo, what part of Minneapolis do u live?
I live in Brooklyn Park!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2007
TayoD:

@daprince,
You never know who could be a victim of such things and I just can't imagine others will use the opportunity to taunt. I asked a guy to meet me for his check after doing some work for me. He was so shaken up becuase the foreman working on the bridge was actually his friend. Infact, he was on the same crew with him until he sought another line of work due to injury. A Somali woman and young daughter are amongst those still missing. It is just a tragedy.
I live in Brooklyn Park!

I live in minnehaha  rofl

no,I don't
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by akins4(m): 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2007
lol i can see the way those cars hung to the bridges like nigerian conductors.lol.
oh boy american cars have good brakes no be small thing o.
well we thank God that many are not killed sha.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Carlosein(m): 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2007

what a shame cry cry

were there any nigerians? (just wondering please am not saying those lives were not important ooo ehn ehn!)
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by TayoD(m): 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2007
@Carlosein,

were there any nigerians?
So far I have heard of none. Trust, every one has been calling around to make sure all is well. I've even had calls from my relatives as far back as Naija. Friends all over have been calling as well.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Ralvy(m): 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2007
ehya Seun, please - on my behalf, give Denex a Visa, he's applying through me, lol*

When pipeline explosion happened in Lagos, Americans did not sympathise with us. Now bridge collapses in the US, seun wants to force me to sympathise with them.

Seun plssssssssss!!!!!!!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by daprince: 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2007
Wow, nice to know that u live in Brooklyn Park. Nice place. Babyosisi, it would be nice to have u in Minnehaha (never been there, but would love to). BTW Babyosisi, what part of the US do u live?

Carl, I don't think there were Nigerians involved (at least none has been identified yet among the Naija community in MN)
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2007
daprince:

Wow, nice to know that u live in Brooklyn Park. Nice place. Babyosisi, it would be nice to have u in Minnehaha (never been there, but would love to). BTW Babyosisi, what part of the US do u live?

Carl, I don't think there were Nigerians involved (at least none has been identified yet among the Naija community in MN)

I live somewhere in the east coast now,lived in midwest prior to finding babaosisi. smiley
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by daprince: 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2007
Babyosisi, do u chat? If u do, I'm gonna hit u just to chat for a lil' bit.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2007
daprince:

Babyosisi, do u chat? If u do, I'm going to hit u just to chat for a little' bit.

no,I be another man property grin
and his name is "killer"
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by daprince: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2007
Sorry, but I wasn't trying to hit on u though. So, how long have u been married?

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!! My 150th post
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by ebos(m): 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2007
Just only chat - .i.e. mere discussion. What has man's property get to do with that? Can't someone discuss with you in the present of husband. No think another thing o!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Carlosein(m): 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2007
how kind of them we need more of such pple inthe world after all the world is a global village
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by TayoD(m): 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2007
@daprince,

Do you reside anywhere apart from your bedroom?  wink
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Islander(f): 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2007
ROFLMAO,

@topic
Such a tragedy. My prayers go out to the victims and their families.  May this serves as a warning to the relevant authorities. So that their neglect of other infrastructure(bridges, tunnels etc) would receive the necessary attention they so desire.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by daprince: 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2007
Right now, I'm in my bedroom and it's only logical for me to put that as my location. Hahaha
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by TayoD(m): 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2007
@daprince,

Right now, I'm in my bedroom and it's only logical for me to put that as my location. Hahaha
I no blame babyosisi for not chatting with you then. She no want any business with your bedroom. Mr "killer" fit get hot temper!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by daprince: 7:08pm On Aug 03, 2007
Abi u wan invite me to Brooklyn Park?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Carlosein(m): 7:10pm On Aug 03, 2007
god bless us all and all nigerians who love this world

on behalf of us all i beg govt at all levels make una takia and repair replace renovate and em em whatever english is  necessary to safeguard lives and properties PLEASE LIFE IS PRECIOUS WE CAN AVOID DISASTERS LIKE THIS (@least we shuld try now)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain / France To Close Embassies Over Cartoon Publication / Russian Ambassador Says Poland Blocked His Embassy's Bank Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.