Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking (10534 Views)

S-H-O-C-K-I-N-G!!! No Igboman On Buhari's Entourage To USA. / I Want To Succeed Elechi Because I’ve Invested And It Is My Turn To Chop” -Umahi / Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 12:29am On Jun 26, 2011
Sanusi, PFN disagree over Islamic banking

| Print | E-mail

Written by Hassan Ibrahim Sunday, 26 June 2011

The governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has said that those opposed to the introduction of Islamic banking in Nigeria are not conversant with current happenings in the world as the system is being practised in the United Kingdom and other countries of the world dominated by Christians.

He spoke on the BBC Hausa service monitored in Kaduna at the weekened, even as the Kaduna State chapter of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) expressed concern over moves to introduce Islamic banking in the country.

The PFN while condemning the move said the action of the CBN governor at a time when Nigerians were still battling to douse the tension created by political and religious crises was unfortunate.

However, Sanusi explained that the move for the introduction of the JAIZ Bank in Nigeria had been on even before he assumed leadership in the CBN and disclosed that other superior officers in the CBN who were Christians had no problem with Islamic banking in Nigeria.

According to him, a major stakeholder in the JAIZ Bank was an Igbo businessman who saw the prospects and had since invested a lot towards the noble cause.

Nigerians, he said, should not be afraid of Islamic bank as it was going to be a non-interest banking which had been practised successfully in many parts of the world.

But the PFN in a statement by its chairman, Bishop David Bakare, said that the action of the CBN governor would further polarise the nation along religious lines as well as raise suspicions about his intention no matter how good it could be.

“Honestly if the CBN governor had embarked on this advocacy for Islamic banking as a religious leader it would have made a better sense than as a government official. Therefore, he should come out and tell the nation whose errand he is running and for whom he speaks. Is he speaking for himself, Islam, or for the government of Nigeria?

“ Sanusi should please be advised not put the nation into another avoidable distraction and dangerous crises. We call on the president not to wait until trouble begins before acting,” he said.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 12:31am On Jun 26, 2011
Islamic banking is working in other xtian countries and globally.But this christian bigots and fanatics in Nigeria don't even want to know they want to just kill it before inception angry
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 12:33am On Jun 26, 2011
That Igbo man is no other than a muslim, Alhaji abdulazeez Ude. http://www.jaizinternationalplc.com/board_of_directors_management_staff.html

No decent Igbo (99.1 Christians/0.88 animists) man will touch sharia banking even with a long pole.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 12:37am On Jun 26, 2011
^^^ We shall know sooner than later.Your post Still doesn't change the fact he is Igbo.The Topic didn't say "Muslim man invest in Islamic bank"! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 12:41am On Jun 26, 2011
So you did not see at least one other non-hausa/fulani muslim on the list? Sharia banking is for muslims, irrespective of their state, yes or no? Don't be a fo-ol.

No risking being boko haramed while in the banking hall collecting money.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 12:43am On Jun 26, 2011
Dr. Umaru Abdul Mutallab

Alhaji Mohammed Mustapha Bintube

Dr. Aminu Alhassan Dantata, CON

Alhaji (Dr.) Abdullateef Adegbite

Engr. Bunu Sheriff Musa

Malam Falalu Bello, OFR

Alhaji (Chief) Abdulazeez Ude

Alhaji Sani Salihu Anka

Alhaji Tajudeen Aminu Dantata

Alhaji Nafiu Baba-Ahmed

Alhaji Shuaibu Ahmed

Group Captain Usman Jibrin (rtd)

Alhaji Zayyana Ahmed

Ambassador Yerima Abdullahi

Alhaji Aminu Sule Garo
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by redsun(m): 12:43am On Jun 26, 2011
Normal christian will have any problem with normal islamic bank,it is just a bank that operates differently in principles from the  neck knotting and shylocks conventional banks.The only people that will make trouble out of it will be the same punk ass almajirins and some punk ass christians who doesn't know what life is all about.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 12:49am On Jun 26, 2011
ZnO:

So you did not see other non-hausa fulani muslims on the list? Sharia banking is for muslims, irrespective of their state, yes or no? Don't be a fo-ol.

Your wrong perception guides you.I put a post obviously saying an Igbo man invest in such banking and you come up saying no Igbo man will touch it with a pole.after you admitted and even supported me with a name!so who is the fool.
Question is did sanusi say igbo man? Yes
did i say igbo man ? Yes
did you say Ude? yes
did you say no igbo?is Ude hausa or Igbo?
Case close,Grow up abeg!Asking for other tribes is not the post.You can post that somewhere else. undecided undecided
you don't have to wonder blind and senseless with a head.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 12:51am On Jun 26, 2011
No non-muslims (decent) Igbo man will touch your sharia banking
If you doubt me, let Sanusi ram his way thru and let's see how many branches will thrive in Igbo areas of Nigeria, with 0.00000000000001% muslims.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 12:52am On Jun 26, 2011
You and Sanusi can only deceive the unwary
Why did Sanusi not state that that Igbo man is a muslim with a long-standing relationship with islamic northern nigeria?
Ude has no investment in Igboland; he is a northern stooge.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ak47mann(m): 12:52am On Jun 26, 2011
everything they must put igbo inside na waaaooo for Nigeria cool igbo must  be the new thing now in Nigeria undecided undecided
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by redsun(m): 12:55am On Jun 26, 2011
It is all about profits,availability and conditions.It is not about religion or tribe,it is about who has a better offer,an offer that can harmonize societies and check excess greed.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 12:56am On Jun 26, 2011
@redsun
You said it all !!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

ZnO:

You and Sanusi can only deceive the unwary
Why did Sanusi not state that that Igbo man is a muslim with a long-standing relationship with islamic northern nigeria?
Ude has no investment in Igboland; he is a northern stooge.

Get a life Mr Man!you only see through the prism of your religious fanaticism and bigotry !!!
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 12:57am On Jun 26, 2011
Sanusi's days are numbered at the CBN. Very soon we will be talking of Christian Bank, Okija Bank and Sango Bank. Foolish people with no ideas.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by henry101(m): 12:59am On Jun 26, 2011
Abeg, Abdulazeez Ude has been a muslim ever since I was born. So what difference does it make? An Igbo, so F***king what?
So Sanusi is saying the 99.9999999% of the Igbo ethnic group should embrace it because an Igbo muslim loner like Abdulazeez Ude, who has been a muslim 'cos of his business network is based in the north, is a major share holder.
Damn it.
The best He can come out with is just renaming it, The Bank for Northern Nigeria Muslims.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 1:00am On Jun 26, 2011
Did somebody say it is not about religion? If so, why the name Islamic banking?
How many non-muslims bank in the islamic banks in the US and elsewhere?
You can establish your sharia bank all you want, but we know those who will patronize it. Case closed
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 1:01am On Jun 26, 2011
henry101:

Abeg, Abdulazeez Ude has been a muslim ever since I was born. So what difference does it make? An Igbo, so F***king what?
So Sanusi is saying the 99.9999999% of the Igbo ethnic group should embrace it because an Igbo muslim loner like Abdulazeez Ude, who has been a muslim 'cos of his business network is based in the north, is a major share holder.
Damn it.
The best He can come out with is just renaming it, The Bank for Northern Nigeria Muslims.

Thank you

Don't mind Sanusi and his acolytes.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by redsun(m): 1:02am On Jun 26, 2011
If christians are so disturbed about it,why can't they set up their banks?Oh,their banks belongs to GOs,daddies,papas,mamas,bisops and pastors,the proceeds they use for private jets and lavish mansions,while the congregations suffers.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by henry101(m): 1:04am On Jun 26, 2011
He's trying too hard to sell a common unsalable idea. He's been going back and forth and spending too much time with this Islamic bank issue.
I think we should just have two governors of CBN. One for the North and the other for the South.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 1:05am On Jun 26, 2011
The Feds should monitor the bank when/if it does come on stream, so it is not used to fund Taliban, Alqaeda and Hezbollah activities in Nigeria.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 1:06am On Jun 26, 2011
If Igbos are so anti-Islamic how come they still move to places like even Libya,Iran to do biz?I have spent 8yrs in the south east and i have seen Igbo Muslims.I know some personally.stop acting as if Ude is the only Muslim and won't survive in the East!
Its not about religion,Because i put the post try and send yours that is religious based.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 1:09am On Jun 26, 2011
No wahala then. Establish your SHARIA bank in Igboland and let's see it survive and do its business profitably.
If is survives more than one month (a miracle, something very scarce these days), we will carry out counter advocacy to enlighten.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by redsun(m): 1:09am On Jun 26, 2011
A typical igboman is like water,without enemies and boundaries,omi according to Abami.

Water no get enemy
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 1:11am On Jun 26, 2011
I dare you to name 100 Igbo people who are muslims, out of 40 million Igbos in existence.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 1:12am On Jun 26, 2011
ZnO:

The Feds should monitor the bank when/if it does come on stream, so it is not used to fund Taliban, Alqaeda and Hezbollah activities in Nigeria.

Do you think Muslims don't have accounts in the conventional banks or what.Last i check is better FG to continue the check on the Christians in the conventional bank,Because of the heavy thieving  and stealing of peoples money.Last i checked Ibru confirmed as a thief and liar for a christian.The intercontinental man is coming next with his track record as Man of God some how.
Have you also noticed that over 98% bank scams and laundry is courtesy of the Christians working in such institutions
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 1:12am On Jun 26, 2011
BTW, Igbos are not anti islamic; they are anti Nigeria-type islam
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 1:15am On Jun 26, 2011
The father of Mutallab the attempted underwear bomber over Detroit, is the chairman of the sharia Bank
Naijans beware. Taliban is lurking in the corner. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 1:16am On Jun 26, 2011
ZnO:

I dare you to name 100 Igbo people who are Muslims, out of 40 million Igbos in existence.

I assure you, that you are ignorant of the situation on ground.Even in Enugu alone you have that  number.
But,if you can name 50 Fulani you know are Christians! undecided You see its not that they don't exist and it would be stupid to deny they do!Well i coudl name because am here and i know.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 1:18am On Jun 26, 2011
Just name them and stop blabbing like a rain-beaten ram.
You claim you know some.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 1:18am On Jun 26, 2011
haka_nai:

I assure you, that you are ignorant of the situation on ground.Even in Enugu alone you have that  number.
But,if you can name 50 Fulani you know are Christians! undecided You see its not that they don't exist and it would be silly to deny they do!Well i coudl name because am here and i know.
Same father that went to the security about his son and same man that had alot of similar investment in companies your brothers share eg First bank.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by henry101(m): 1:19am On Jun 26, 2011
haka_nai:

If Igbos are so anti-Islamic how come they still move to places like even Libya,Iran to do biz?I have spent 8yrs in the south east and i have seen Igbo Muslims.I know some personally.stop acting as if Ude is the only Muslim and won't survive in the East!
Its not about religion,Because i put the post try and send yours that is religious based.

Dnt tell me You dnt see any difference(literacy) between the muslims in those countries and Nigeria(esp the North). Ude has just achieved what He's ever wanted,
Igbos are mostly driven by a location's economy and not religion.
PS, Why is Asari Dokubo not on the BOD? Is there no fed character again?
Tell Sanusi to come up with a better reason,We will understand and not twisting issues that dnt make any sense.

Mutalab's father have been so desperate to establish an Islamic bank.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 1:20am On Jun 26, 2011
henry101:

Mutalab's father have been so desperate to establish an Islamic bank.

So he can fund Nigerian Talibans under the cover of legit banking transaction. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maduka: Accord Party Chieftain Fires Soludo Over Fake Decamping New / Court Declares Detention Of Bala Mohammed Unlawful, Awards Him N5M / Kiru/bebeji Federal Constituency Offers Special Prayers For Buhari And Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.