Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) (42645 Views)

What Will You Do In This Situation / As A Driver, What Would You Do In This Situation? / As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Ishilove: 8:53am On Feb 19, 2022
I'm still learning so in this situation, I will simply swerve into the bush yonder and leave the road for these two 'big fools'. "Exit of a young gem" will never be my portion. angry

Experienced drivers, let's hear from you!

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Ishilove: 8:56am On Feb 19, 2022
Or last last, this one no too hard l'agbara Olorun

194 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by dawnomike(m): 8:57am On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:
I'm still learning so in this situation, I will simply swerve into the field yonder and leave the road for these two 'big fools'.

Professional drivers, let's hear from you!
Swerve to the left to face the white truck instead... grin

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Sekoni003(m): 8:57am On Feb 19, 2022
Swerve to the un-tarred road on the right beside the yellow truck then get back to the main road once I see an opening in traffic. That way I'd still maintain my lane without causing a crash since the yellow truck is on the wrong lane

161 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by izzou(m): 8:58am On Feb 19, 2022
No gree for am angry

Don't swerve anything. The trailer would be forced to swerve. I hate being bullied angry

166 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by naptu2: 9:00am On Feb 19, 2022
Checkout the driver of the other train at 27 seconds in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_Y8nHhnOo

7 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Ishilove: 9:02am On Feb 19, 2022
dawnomike:
Oshey. Jason Statham isonu grin

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Ishilove: 9:03am On Feb 19, 2022
izzou:
No gree for am angry

Don't swerve anything. The trailer would be forced to swerve. I hate being bullied angry

Didn't you learn anything in driving school?? You are supposed to tilt the car on two wheels and drive between the trucks.

281 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Ishilove: 9:06am On Feb 19, 2022
naptu2:
Checkout the driver of the other train at 27 seconds in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_Y8nHhnOo
That was some quick thinking. He obviously saw no other way out.

Were there fatalities?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by naptu2: 9:09am On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:

That was some quick thinking. He obviously saw no other way out.

Where there fatalities?

No deaths, but 3 people were injured.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by donbachi(m): 9:20am On Feb 19, 2022
I go just wake up from my dream...begin thank GOD sey na dream

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by olumzzz(m): 9:30am On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:
I'm still learning so in this situation, I will simply swerve into the bush yonder and leave the road for these two 'big fools'. "Exit of a young gem" will never be my portion. angry

Normal level, you will know what to do if you drive oyo to ogbomosho regularly

162 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by ShenTeh(m): 9:34am On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:
I'm still learning so in this situation, I will simply swerve into the field yonder and leave the road for these two 'big fools'.

Thank God for His mercies, I have been in this situation several times on that Oyo-Ogbomosho expressway.

This often happens when the trailer doing the overtaking is performing better than the one in its front while on a hill. The downside for you would therefore mean than you are coming down a slope.

I have seen a so-called driving instructor saying the official instruction is that you maintain your lane. But my brother, that is suicide.

Often times, you flash your full-lights and indicate that you are going right. Help yourself to the kerb as far right as you can go. Reclaim your route once the road is clear.

Too, sometimes your immediate right is a ditch or too deep for any maneuver. I have been in that situation too and had had to make a very quick dash to the kerb on my left. One particular time the trailer on my left practically stopped for me. 2 nanoseconds is all your life hangs on.

3. One Sunday morning coming back to Lagos on that same highway, same situation, ditch to the right, ditch to the left, was with my brother-in-law and his newly wedded wife, who was screaming profusely. I kicked the car to reverse. Luckily no vehicle was coming. Still ended up in a little ditch. My silencer was gone and my first gear began misbehaving.

This is also one of the reasons you need a smart car, not cars that will 'go and set up a committee' before responding to acceleration. My loyal dog, my darling Infiniti G20 (I called her My Barbara), I miss you so much.

Most importantly, I am forever grateful to God.

276 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Angrygoat: 10:05am On Feb 19, 2022
If na auto,abeg shaply enter Bush. If na manual, na where reverse dey sweet be that,and if na v8. Ride on

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by armadeo(m): 10:32am On Feb 19, 2022
Swerve to the untarred Road on my right.there enough space there for everyone.

I experienced this once while travelling. Trying to overtake two long haul vehicles from far behind, ahead was another trailer which I thought was going in the same direction but on fast approach I realised it was driving one way.

I just entered between the two long hauls, my heart rate has never been higher in my life. ...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by YourFavorite21(m): 10:48am On Feb 19, 2022
Omo I will drive down with full speed, no be me go comot for road, I hate being bullied.

Face ya' fear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by iamyemiakins(m): 10:49am On Feb 19, 2022
dawnomike:
Then you swerve to heaven to face your judgement grin

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Alvin007: 10:53am On Feb 19, 2022
ShenTeh:

not cars that will 'go and set up a committee' before responding to acceleration.
cheesy grin

35 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by pocohantas(f): 11:14am On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:

I’ll leave the road for them. We live to fight another day.

izzou:
No gree for am angry

As you can see, this one and majority of his gender would refuse to swerve. That is why they have fewer pictures of three generations. They will na say it is women (wives) killing them.

Whereas the main cause of their deaths are;
1) Coconut head.
2) Taking tramadol to knack younger side chicks.

62 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Ishilove: 11:29am On Feb 19, 2022
pocohantas:

I’ll leave the road for them. We live to fight another day.

As you can see, this one and majority of his gender would refuse to swerve. That is why they have fewer pictures of three generations. They will na say it is women killing them.

Whereas the main cause of their deaths are;
1)Coconut head.
2) Taking tramadol to knack younger side chicks.
Lmao. Poco, your mouth na acid cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Ishilove: 11:31am On Feb 19, 2022
Angrygoat:
If na auto,abeg shaply enter Bush. If na manual, na where reverse dey sweet be that,and if na v8. Ride on
Ride on to where?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Ishilove: 11:32am On Feb 19, 2022
ShenTeh:

This is also one of the reasons you need a smart car, not cars that will 'go and set up a committee' before responding to acceleration.
This is hilarious

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:53am On Feb 19, 2022
If u are not over speeding u might survive it but if u are in 120-140 then Jerusalem on high.....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by MrAnele(m): 11:53am On Feb 19, 2022
Hmm
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Deeprooted: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2022
I watch animation so my list will be:

Soul
Shrek
Coco
Toy story
Madagascar
Zootopia

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by olaolulazio(m): 11:53am On Feb 19, 2022
Na to leave road for them ooo
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by jrupa(m): 11:53am On Feb 19, 2022
B for Bush
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by olaboy33(m): 11:54am On Feb 19, 2022
This is a norm on the Oyo-Ogbomosho single lane express.

You can ask the drivers that ply that route.
They swerve into the Bush and let the big boys have their way.

20 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by tropaz(m): 11:54am On Feb 19, 2022
grin

This is a normal thing on Oyo Ogbomoso highway.

Just match the brake, navigate to your right hand side and let the truck overtake, then you proceed...

If you think you are a good driver, drive Oyo Ogbomoso highway and rate yourself again. Sometimes, you won't even have the privilege to swerve right. So, you have to be a good thinker on that highway. I drove on that road for 3years as a commercial driver...

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by tunde202(m): 11:54am On Feb 19, 2022
Swap to right!
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by xcesspaschal(m): 11:54am On Feb 19, 2022
Crying...was in dis situation in Nov 28, 2018.
Was carrying my friends n boom, there comes dis same situation.

I had just finished overtaking a a tankless truck n was facing my death cos I was at speed 120*
Slowing down will have d truck at d back crush us n moving forward will be more dangerous. I flashed him my head lamps to slow down but he ain't slowing.

I have already removed my leg from d pedal n was waiting for d worst.
Boom. D trailer guy went right n crashed n my car got some of his back tires n my friend got injured but survived but d trailer guy n one of his passengers wasn't lucky as dey crash in d bush. RIP Mr. Damian n Chijioke.

Crying...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by vincentjk(m): 11:55am On Feb 19, 2022
I sabi drive I sabi drive na here we go see am lol.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Indian Man, Who Wanted Jaguar, Pushes Brand-new BMW Birthday-gift Into River / The 2019 Aston Martin DBX Design Has Been Completed And It’s Mirrorless (photos) / My Car Is Killing Me. Please Help Me Before It Finishes Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.