Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell (39306 Views)

Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life / Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by KiNg0G: 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
This is my second time to be unlawfully arrested and taken to a police station. yesterday their defense was they heard a complaint some boys were constituting nuisance around the neighborhood so they came to perform what they call Raid. I been unlucky,I had to go get barbecue and banana around 8:30pm just to have as my dinner...I needed something light. The keke I entered on my way back I was stopped, they ask for my ID, which I didn't have on me. Buh I told them what I do for a living....just because they saw Tatoes on my hand... They put me in the back of the car along with some boys that they have already hold..I had to sleep cell for the sec time in my life yesterday.. before morning came, I gave them my statement and got bailed out by my landlady.

here are the top 7 things I observed

1) HOLD YOUR GATE FEE

you be surprised what gate fee am I talking about, are you entering a concert that wizkid and davido are performing artists with ladies twerking, no bro..it's a cell filled with lowlife criminals of different crimes.. hardened criminals..as soon as they see a fresh person about to be put inside cell.. THEY ALWAYS EXPECT YOU TO COME IN WITH MONEY. because for them survival is what they all about..and to survive they need food daily, because many of them have been abandoned there with no body coming to bail them out.

I was forced to pay #500

2) COUNTER OR INSIDE CELL YOUR POCKETS DECIDE

can you believe I was told by one slim female police clerk, that if I was to stay in the counter till day brake I have to pay #1500.
it wasn't new to me, I had only 500naira and some change left after the barbecue purchase..I pleaded with her to take it but it fell on deaf ears..some guys that came with me quickly sorted them self out and they were told to pull their bosers and sit in chair at the corner...while the rest of us who couldn't afford was taken inside cell.

3) BAil is not free

Why was I arrested? They saw me with the barbecue and banana I bought on my way home, but they still took me to the station because I had a Tatoe like who does that?.in a civilse county...I told them I was into music during my teen days, even til now, I still get called for features and mentoring.. but this police they Just didn't care to hear from me at that time....I knew they took me as a meal ticket.mthey said am a bad boy because I have a Tatoes.

4) YOUR SOCIETAL STATUS DOSENT MATTER INSIDE A NIGERIA POLICE CELL

Those hardened criminals don't care if you own 3 venzas or benz...range rover. Or if you've build an estate or operate in real estate. They just need you to maintain and follow the laid out rules.... they don't care if your a big man or not...INFACT THE MORE AJEBOYISH YOU LOOK, the weak they sense you to be. so you have to be focus, shine your eyes and behave like them.. or try to.

They say when In romans behave like the romans.

5) SENIORITY DEPENDS ON THE STRONGEST

Yes in a Nigerian cell, it doesn't matter who first came, but who is perceived as the strongest.... but the person who has been there for a week has a higher advantage than someone who just came that paid gate fee to get a place to lie down with the smell of piss and shît besides him. Why? Because no how you came in and meet 5 guys inside..those guys has already bonded since morning...gisting... telling stories and the rest. So that just came need to use your head...if not those guys will change it instantly towards you.

6) YOUR FOOD IS OUR FOOD

I DON'T think I have to explain this, is self explanatory...the cell member's has its own governing Bodies from PRESIDO TO DIFFERENT POST. so if your bail was delayed, and your people brings food for you. The right thing to do is call them to join you.. you can't just eat it Alone.
It's never done that way on my 2 experience.

7) EARLY MORNING SINGING DEVOTION

ON my 2 experience, 5am everyone is expected to wake and the morning devotion starts between all the cells in the police station trust me if it's 4 cells...the 4 cells will coordinate the morning devotins together singing praises and worship to God almighty for life...then the presido leads them in prayer.

Note: this is not to discredit the nigeria police system but for we all to come together and share and relate With our different experiences in life thanks grin

The way they are hardened criminals so are they innocent people who are Just arrested unjustly..

209 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by T0T0fucker: 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
I can relate.

You dey learn quick.

If you no pay the gate fee, the hanging for you.. nor go be here.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by dawnomike(m): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2022
KiNg0G:
This is my second time to be unlawfully arrested and taken to a police station. yesterday their defense was they heard a complaint some boys were constituting nuisance around the neighborhood so they came to perform what they call Raid. I been unlucky,I had to go get barbecue and banana around 8:30pm just to have as my dinner...I needed something light. The keke I entered on my way back I was stopped, they ask for my ID, which I didn't have on me. Buh I told them what I do for a living....just because they saw Tatoes on my hand... They put me in the back of the car along with some boys that they have already hold..I had to sleep cell for the sec time in my life yesterday.. before morning came, I gave them my statement and got bailed out by my landlady.

here are the top five things I observed

1) HOLD YOUR GATE FEE

you be surprised what gate fee am I talking about, are you entering a concert that wizkid and davido are performing artists with ladies twerking, no bro..it's a cell filled with lowlife criminals of different crimes.. hardened criminals..as soon as they see a fresh person about to be put inside cell.. THEY ALWAYS EXPECT YOU TO COME IN WITH MONEY. because for them survival is what they all about..and to survive they need food daily, because many of them have been abandoned there with no body coming to bail them out.

I was forced to pay #500

can you believe I was told by one slim female police clerk, that if I was to stay in the counter till day brake I have to pay #1500.
it wasn't new to me, I had only 500naira and some change left after the barbecue purchase..I pleaded with her to take it but it fell on deaf ears..some guys that came with me quickly sorted them self out and they were told to pull their bosers and sit in chair at the corner...while the rest of us who couldn't afford was taken inside cell.

3) BAil is not free

Why was I arrested? They saw me with the barbecue and banana I bought on my way home, but they still took me to the station because I had a Tatoe like who does that?.in a civilse county...I told them I was into music during my teen days, even til now, I still get called for features and mentoring.. but this police they Just didn't care to hear from me at that time....I knew they took me as a meal ticket.mthey said am a bad boy because I have a Tatoes.

Those hardened criminals don't care if you own 3 venzas or benz...range rover. Or if you've build an estate or operate in real estate. They just need you to maintain and follow the laid out rules.... they don't care if your a big man or not...INFACT THE MORE AJEBOYISH YOU LOOK, the weak they sense you to be. so you have to be focus, shine your eyes and behave like them.. or try to.

Yes in a Nigerian cell, it doesn't matter who first came, but who is perceived as the strongest.... but the person who has been there for a week has a higher advantage than someone who just came that paid gate fee to get a place to lie down with the smell of piss and shît besides him. Why? Because no how you came in and meet 5 guys inside..those guys has already bonded since morning...gisting... telling stories and the rest. So that just came need to use your head...if not those guys will change it instantly towards you.

6) YOUR FOOD IS OUR FOOD

I DON'T think I have to explain this, is self explanatory...the cell member's has its own governing Bodies from PRESIDO TO DIFFERENT POST. so if your bail was delayed, and your people brings food for you. The right thing to do is call them to join you.. you can't just eat it Alone.

ON my 2 experience, 5am everyone is expected to wake and the morning devotion starts between all the cells in the police station trust me if it's 4 cells...the 4 cells will coordinate the morning devotins together singing praises and worship to God almighty for life...then the presido leads them in prayer.

Note: this is not to discredit the nigeria police system but for we all to come together and share and relate With our different experiences in life thanks grin

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
I pray you never experience such ever again

250 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by KiNg0G: 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
dawnomike:
I pray you never experience such ever again

Amen my brother.

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by BigAPP(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2022
kiss
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by stano2(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2022
Nothing good to learn there

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by ichidodo: 5:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
Your food is our food and our food is my food..... And when the cell is filled up, the new comers will stand or stoop from night till daybreak..

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by ruggedboych: 5:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
What happened to your barbecue and banana last last?? cheesy grin

166 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Albert0011(m): 5:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
I remember that fateful day i was arrested with some group of weed smokers, they ran inside my room and one of the police men saw them.
Upon all the evidence i showed them,even my student ID card, that am not among them.
Even my neighbors begged and begged them, they didn't agree, they still took me to the police station and i bailed my self with 4k back then 2015.
One of them was even threatening me with a gun that i should give a statement that am a cultist,that's why i don't pity most them when ever they are killed.
Some of them are just are just naturally wicked.

228 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Chibuzoc(m): 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Abovebest(m): 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
I can never forget that experience

Same raid
It happened in Lagos-Ogun some years back

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Dam5reey(m): 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
What's to be learnt abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Neddstark: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
Been to police cell once for a setup. Stayed for 2 days.
One thing i will never forget there is the toilet. It is the worst latrine there is on planet earth. The moment i tried to go and wee there, my urine went back up to my bladder. Had to wait 30mins for the policeman handling my case to call me out. I used that opportunity to pee outside. Did not even contemplate shyting. Just couldn't wait till I got out. Ever since then, I value my freedom more than anything else. I have done my best to stay out of trouble.

290 Likes 18 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Besto(m): 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
You no do anything and you allow them carry you go cell.

Guy you dull.

Hold your Grounds next time.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by stano2(m): 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
undecidedWhat about the toilet and bathroom, how is it like cry lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by MindMatics(m): 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
Sorry bro.

Kindly share your first experience, I wan write novel

1 Like

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Abovebest(m): 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
Besto:

Guy you dull

You no go understand

142 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by hiteelong(f): 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
Eeeyah cry, clean your tattoos if it is drawing undue attention, we have to do all in our power to stay safe in this country

128 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by MufasaLion: 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
My mental health would really be affected if I get locked for just a day. Jail and Prison ain't what I wish to experience.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by MufasaLion: 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2022
Besto:

Guy you dull.

Well, the situation and circumstance matters.

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by penocrat1(m): 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2022
So sad you experienced that.But even in sane countries.You cannot just step out without an ID card.You can even save it on your phone.have some contacts you can always call to vouch for you.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Passionate888: 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
It's smelly
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by maak400: 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
Police no be your friend o

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
That place is the real HELL not the one in the New Testament.

5 Likes

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Stevenson1(m): 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
KiNg0G:

here are the top 7 things I observed

1) HOLD YOUR GATE FEE

I was forced to pay #500

3) BAil is not free

6) YOUR FOOD IS OUR FOOD

The way they are hardened criminals so are they innocent people who are Just arrested unjustly..

Nothing comes out as fun at the Nigeria police station.
I pray to live my life till the end without going to Nigeria police cell either by mistake or not.
Though it's almost like that in every cell but Nigeria's own na worst cos you would battling both the police people and the cell boys

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by hopeforcharles(m): 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
U were locked with hardened criminal.
Mine was not this bad, mistakes happens in my line of business, the police is called and it wasn't this bad.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Besto(m): 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
MufasaLion:

Well, the situation and circumstance matters.

Once you are very clean and sure of yourself.

Shout and attract passers-by.

Them go leave you.

7 Likes

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by gworldomer: 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
What a country .
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Elsanchez: 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2022
Thank God say them no mend you

Taking notes

12 Likes

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Kiddogarcia(m): 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2022
O
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
May God help you to move out of that Zoo to a foreign country where life is better and sweet. Someone that is hungry ,who went out to get snacks for himself, labeled a bad boy and taken to station just like that. You can see while some of us called it a Zoo! And those TERROIST in uniform are worst than demons.

18 Likes

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by CheapWebsite1: 5:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
Nija

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mothers I Need Ur Advice / What A Father Told His Daughter A-day Before Her Wedding - Read / Why I Broke Up With An Ex After Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.