Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) (37444 Views)

DSS Detains Tricycle Rider In Osun On Orders Of Ooni Of Ife Over Text Message / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo / Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Collins4u1(m): 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
godofuck231:
If you all knew what you are getting into ,leave the oba alone , be warned , omadan (sword bearers ) are known to be terrible kids , wayward and crimey at a young age , they are taken to the palace as a way of curbing their evil excesses, its a last resort for parents in ancient times and modern , its an institution on its own to teach these kids discipline. BE WARNED

May you never happen to anyone. Breeders of bad society

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by victor175(m): 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
angry This is a pure case of child labor and modern slavery.

No human sympathy for a child that works 365 days a year with no salary.

Then you cease the parent’s properties!? Your reward is coming soon

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 6:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
Omuada's are not slaves. It's a priviledge to some families if their sons are accepted by the palace to become Omuada.

The Omuada's are well taken care of, the palace has secondary school for the Omuada's and after serving the Oba and has reached a certain age, they are settled to start their own life.

Most are well to do in society today.

This narrative that he was overworked and treated like a slave in the palace of over 50 Omuada's beats my imagination. Well, we all know how are criminal mind works.

Those having erection because you now have the opportunity to insult our Oba for a story that is untrue, I wish you all good luck.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by OgunkeelAllMod: 6:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
Oba werepe werepe werepe!!! Iseeeee!!!! Rubbish undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Alcoron: 6:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
na you know o
You should be ashamed that you keep running all over this thread. Shouting the Oba should be left alone and not investigated and later you will join and shout Nigeria is corrupt.

8 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
Alcoron:
You should be ashamed that you keep running all over this thread. Shouting the Oba should be left alone and not investigated and later you will join and shout Nigeria is corrupt.
be careful bro, pls that is Oba, Nigeria's number 1 Demon and Master of Craft. His above investigation, except you're completely senseless then you can criticize him
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Archworld(m): 6:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
ProfAmaben:
Benin people are just too daft. The Obas were known to sacrifice human beings during the peak of their powers. The last Oba in1897 was said to sacrifice over 5,000 people when the British were invading (after 1897, the Obas are just advisers and wield no power, an LGA chairman is higher). The Obas are worshipped as gods but trust me, they don't have any power more than you and I.

Britain burnt down the whole Benin in less than 4hrs, looted their palace and shrines including their highest god whom they sacrificed millions of humans to, if these Obas were spiritual and powerful, would such have happened? Benin people are docile and easily brainwashed.

Today, they are doing everything possible to restore the Benin monarchy back to it's useless glory (human sacrifices), they are giving a mere man that sleeps with numerous women and uses the toilet power over life and death. Such rubbish can never happen in any sane society.

Oba my foot, he's just a mere guy that's hustling just like everyone.

The Obas of Benin were said to have sold over 200,000 people as slaves to Portugal, they exemplified slavery to the core, they weakened all their surrounding neighbors except the Igbos obviously, I wonder what's so special about an irrelevant stool in 2022 that would warrant them being unable to face accusations and be punished for crimes against humanity.

In Benin tradition, the Oba never bows before any human, but he bowed before a woman here grin, Africans nor just get sense grin

I am not from Benin and I do not in anyway support evil. But in Africa we are trained to respect elders let alone those who are in authority. "Give honour to whom honour is due". You don't insult people's king like a mere piece of cloth, if you can't try that on your father, councilor, local government chairman , governor, president and others , why should you make a mockery of another man's king ?

Kingdom and authority are in a place for a reason . Respect that.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Blue3k(m): 6:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
be careful bro, pls that is Oba, Nigeria's number 1 Demon and Master of Craft. His above investigation, except you're completely senseless then you can criticize him

Lol are you trolling. The were conquered and pillaged by the British and their treasures are still all over Europe. What's the magic doing?

11 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by slowice(m): 6:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
The boy sef look sick... Mumu Palace work

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by FuckSilly: 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
ProfAmaben:
Benin people are just too daft. The Obas were known to sacrifice human beings during the peak of their powers. The last Oba in1897 was said to sacrifice over 5,000 people when the British were invading (after 1897, the Obas are just advisers and wield no power, an LGA chairman is higher). The Obas are worshipped as gods but trust me, they don't have any power more than you and I.

Britain burnt down the whole Benin in less than 4hrs, looted their palace and shrines including their highest god whom they sacrificed millions of humans to, if these Obas were spiritual and powerful, would such have happened? Benin people are docile and easily brainwashed.

Today, they are doing everything possible to restore the Benin monarchy back to it's useless glory (human sacrifices), they are giving a mere man that sleeps with numerous women and uses the toilet power over life and death. Such rubbish can never happen in any sane society.

The Obas of Benin were said to have sold over 200,000 people as slaves to Portugal, they exemplified slavery to the core, they weakened all their surrounding neighbors except the Igbos obviously, I wonder what's so special about an irrelevant stool in 2022 that would warrant them being unable to face accusations and be punished for crimes against humanity.

In Benin tradition, the Oba never bows before any human, but he bowed before a woman here grin, Africans nor just get sense grin
All these rubbish you're spewing can never go beyond your anonymous identity and phone...
If dem born your papa well, make a video saying all these nonsense and post it online. cheesy
Your entire family and generations will receive some sense and messages grin

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by President2001(m): 6:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
nairavsdollars:
If this is true, Obaseki should do the needful as no one is above the law
Can Obaseki challenge omonoba?
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
Blue3k:

Lol are you trolling. The were conquered and pillaged by the British and their treasures are still all over Europe. What's the magic doing?
don't abuse that person called Oba of Bini my guy. Just don't pls, your criticism can be very constructive but make sure you don't abuse him. Bro take my word, just allow sleeping dogs lye, I like you and I wish to always read your posts
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by freshkpomo(m): 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

ca
Dumb fellow, answer yes or no... You asked a question, I asked you same question because if what I saw you write and now you are quoting CNN and BBC... Are you related to Mannabbqgrill?
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by godstino(m): 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Blue3k:
[b]

I told Rowland I was going to confess that I saw Bright and Igwe coming out from the inner chamber with brown envelope but I don’t know what was inside; that they gave me some cash later that day not to tell anyone I saw them.

“The story was made up, no incident like that ever occurred.
Why is everyone ignoring this and simply attacking the Oba? I personally feel this is a cooked up story and it’s better we wait to hear from the palace before casting stones. Seems most of you have been looking for ways to attack the Oba since lol. Oba gha tokpére
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by President2001(m): 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
Though we have not heard from the king himself but as a father on this case is not represent the gods he claims very very well, using is position to punish the boy and his parent is on call for

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Richy4(m): 6:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ghostwon6511:

Don't mind the haters, haters gonna hate.
They hate us cause they hate us.
They hate us because of jealousy.
Look at the timing of this their hitpiece: the same day the world is broadcasting the return of some Benin bronzes to the one and only Oba.

A fellow human being like you spent Christmas in a police custody for something he knew nothing about...

Even if he was guilty, he was denied bail unlike how it should be according to the Nigerian constitution...all u could say was that they were haters of the Benin?

Don't you think that the 20yr Old deserves justice and fair hearing like any other citizens?
Do you think that it was okay for an individual to use his or her prominent position to suppress another humanbeing because the other person was poor?

If such should happen to you or your friends, would u like people to fight for you and defend you like this considering the number of operations and suppression going on in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Ilaje1: 6:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
Blue3k:

His parents should be in jail aswell for child abuse. They sent him their knowing about his situation. That's why I asked did his parents sell him into slavery.

I agree.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by CSTRR: 6:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
The police should visit the palace and respectfully clarify the situation.

To be honest, just 200 years ago, and the oba would have been unquestionable.

The bini people are his subjects and he can do whatever he wants with them.

The Paramount king of Lagos, a subject of the bini stool, committed suicide when the oba of bini commanded him to.

How much more a mere peasant?

But those days are gone now, and the bini people are now subject to the Constitution of the Federal republic.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by KingsleyCEO: 6:45pm On Feb 20, 2022
Believe Shawarma, sorry I mean Sharara... I don't even know what to call it. But believe them at your own risk.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Ilaje1: 6:45pm On Feb 20, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
don't abuse that person called Oba of Bini my guy. Just don't pls, your criticism can be very constructive but make sure you don't abuse him. Bro take my word, just allow sleeping dogs lye, I like you and I wish to always read your posts

And what will you do? Thunder fire him if he truly kept underage as a slave in his palace. In fact I will sue him personally if the allegation is true. Nonsense and ingredients. This is not some 15th centuries.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 6:47pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ilaje1:

And what will you do? Thunder fire him if he truly kept underage as a slave in his palace. In fact I will sue him personally if the allegation is true. Nonsense and ingredients. This is not some 15th centuries.
hmm, na you know o
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 20, 2022
dawnomike:
The way the oba of benin is referenced in benin is too absolute for comfort... But well, that's the pride of benin people so no disrespect.
The governor should see to the matter

Honestly, the reverence is too much for a human being. It's actually idolatry...

I saw the video for the return of benin artefacts and I discovered they were actually kneeling to worship him, not just respect like Yoruba, but they see him as a deity.

7 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by habakukjss3: 6:49pm On Feb 20, 2022
godofuck231:
If you all knew what you are getting into ,leave the oba alone , be warned , omadan (sword bearers ) are known to be terrible kids , wayward and crimey at a young age , they are taken to the palace as a way of curbing their evil excesses, its a last resort for parents in ancient times and modern , its an institution on its own to teach these kids discipline. BE WARNED

You have been cooked too into modern slavery
Imagine how they brain washed an educated adult like you into believing this shit/hoax

What are the proofs of your claim?
Be wise . This is modern time

Royalty will always have flimsy reasons to get hold of slaves.

Nomater the heights of exccesses or stubbornness of a well-to-do man, his son can never be taken as a sword boy.
Only boys from poor background suffers this fate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
ProfAmaben:

You, your tribe and generation are dafts

Imagine this packaged mo.ron spewing nonsensical trash. After watching one silly film you run to NL to spew your ignorance.

5,000 what? Are you this stupid? The Benin kingdom was plagued by a mysterious illness in the late 19th century which could be similar to the present day COVID-19 or what was refered to as black plague way back. What the British saw was corpses thrown into the forest and they have to craft a lie to invade the Benin because of the treasures. My great grand mother lost 3 of her sibling before the British invasion to the same plague but miserable ignoramus like you will come here to insult the whole Benin Empire.

We are not cowards, other tribes could have cowered and surrendered but we fought and made the city ungovernable until the crown prince was crowned the Oba. Did your coward forebearers able to look at the white man in the face or even speak to them without bowing or kneeling.

Ozuor!!!

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Realist12: 6:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
I don't agree with Karl Marx 100%, but considering the democracy in Africa , the proletariat are sensitive judging from the comments here and are going to take power soon , there'd be a transition where most of this monarchy powers will be completely demolished as it's clear they don't contribute any or no progress but are only past glory of their people. Then we'd face the political elites .

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
Omanambala:

Shut the ffuck up, you ignorant fhhool. Fear of a man I can easily strangle to death in 2 minutes. Na you dey fear that native doctor not us. Abeg , scram
Mynd44, seun, I believe rules 2 and 3 and 7 and 8 are violated by this commenter. Please do the needful.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Walkee: 6:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
nairavsdollars:
If this is true, Obaseki should do the needful as no one is above the law
what's the needful if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by tito44: 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
godofuck231:

You and the oba are fóóls

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by francisbiz: 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2022
godofuck231:
Is detaining a kid with hardened criminals a way of curbing excesses?
He is above 18, if doesn't want to serve in the palace he should be allowed to go, slavery is outlawed.

The boy could be stubborn and guilty of juvenile delinquencies though, because his story of oppression working 6am to 12am 365 days does not add up with the aspect that he even has a girlfriend checking on him at the prison. His story may not be reliable.

But the palace should not oppress him and his parents, if he is not happy in the palace, let him go and let his parents be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2022
godstino:
Why is everyone ignoring this and simply attacking the Oba? I personally feel this is a cooked up story and it’s better we wait to hear from the palace before casting stones. Seems most of you have been looking for ways to attack the Oba since lol. Oba gha tokpére
Issue !
These guys whom are trying to form an anti-Edo lynch mob are well what I have come to know many Nigerians for in the last decade: they are filled with hate, envy and jealousy.
Seeing an other black people, most especially their neighbours succeed makes them seek to the heart. It is a compulsive thing, they will celebrate, praise and worship the whites, but to see their neighbours happy and archive greatness ... That is a no-no to many Nigerians. Be careful if you live in a black neighborhood and become very successful, it is the other blacks who will ambush you to kill you out of jealousy and envy and pure hatred.

Benin has always scared these non Edo whom are trying to form a lynch mob. When bad news about Edo people comes out, you can see these haters rejoice and laugh, but when good news comes out, you will see them cry and get violent and make threats and smear. Their new angle is about the return of the Benin bronzes, these haters can't stand that, that is why they are here exposing their hatred and trying to smear our emperor, some of these deluded people are even making violent threats.

Fear of Edo greatness is high !

Oba Ghatokpere, Isse !

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by chukwuibuipob: 7:02pm On Feb 20, 2022
angry Haba angry angry They should free the boys and involve the deity/gods .Abi those ones are dumb too angry

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by ransomed: 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
godofuck231:

Park well, Omo noba is a slave master.
Can he allow his wayward son to be amadan?
Overrated, archaic fellow.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Removed 800-year-old Palace Deity As I’m Above Idols –oluwo Of Iwo / "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi / Masquerade Seriously Beats An Okada Rider (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.