Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? (15182 Views)

Why Would God Create Homosexuals And Direct Them To...... / Pastor Adeboye: I Don't Reply My Enemies Because Of This... / The Meaning Of I Will Prepare A table Before You In The Presence Of Your Enemies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:15am On Feb 20, 2022
Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"?

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies..." Psalms 23:5

It is to make a mockery of the threat my enemies pose, because God knows very well that the battle was not mine but His, so while my enemies were seriously busy planning, scheming, and fashioning weapons to use to launch attacks against me, God is busy preparing the table before me so I can be eating and drinking in their presence, because it's not me they're really trying to attack but God Himself, so they're actually planning to commit suicide, for if God be for me, who can be against me? Psalm 23:5, Romans 8:31

Moreover no weapons fashioned against me shall prosper, so when I hear them breathing and threatening fire and brimstone, I begin to yawn because it gets me really bored and to feel sleepy, as though bed time has come, because I know that regardless of what they tried to do, that nothing shall by any means hurt me. Isaiah 54:17, Luke 10:19.

God bless.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:16am On Feb 20, 2022
That's the kind of extraordinary confidence God gives to those of His, that would make a small boy like David have the audacity to go up against a fully armed and protected, trained giant of war called Goliath, who made all the trained soldiers of Israel to panic, without any military protective gear or weapons, but just five stones and a catapult, because while the trained armies of Israel including their King, Saul, were looking at the size of Goliath and trembling at the sound of his voice, David was looking at the size of His God who was going before him, before whom Goliath was nothing but just as a dust ant, because he knew the battle wasn't his but the Lord's, and the rest as they say, "is history". 1st Samuel 17:45-47, 49-50

It's the same thing that would make a Moses who initially fled for his life from the land of Egypt, to come back to the same Egypt and confront Pharoah who was the most powerful man on Earth at the time, with just a Rod in his hand, that at the end, it was that same Rod that made Pharoah and all his chariots and military might to be overthrown into the sea. Exodus 2:14-15; 4:20; 14:27-28.

That's also why Elisha, instead of panicking as his servant after they had been surrounded by a great host and chariots sent by the king of Syria to arrest him, would be amazed that his servant would be panicking because of them, that he would ask God to open his servant's eyes so he would see that those who were with them (the hosts of heaven and chariots of fire) were more than they which were against them. 2 kings 6:11-17.

God bless.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:16am On Feb 20, 2022
How about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who made a mockery and light thing of the threat of their enemy King Nebuchadnezzar, to throw them into the fiery furnace if they didn't bow to his golden image, that they said to him, "we're not careful to answer you in this matter... our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace... but if not, know it that we will not serve or worship the golden image which you have set up". And even though their enemy had consequently enraged and heated up the fire 7more times, before throwing them into it, the fiery furnace turned into a fiery cooler for them to relax and chill in the presence of a heavenly guest, to the shock of their enemy that he told them to come out, and blessed their God who had delivered from his hand, and from being burned in the fiery furnace. Daniel 3:14-29

It's the same orientation that would make a Daniel to begin to pray with his windows open to make a mockery of the threat posed by his enemies who had ganged up against him because of envy, and misled king Darius, to issue a decree that prohibited people from praying to anyone else but the king because they knew Daniel often prayed to God. And hence it was made an offense punishable by death as anyone found doing so would be cast into the lion's den. But they didn't know it wasn't Daniel but themselves they were actually trying to kill, because they ended up being devoured by the same lions they thought would devour Daniel after casting him into the pit, not knowing that the lions knew much better than trying to touch God's anointed. Daniel 6:4-24.

That's also what gave the disciples of Jesus the boldness and audacity to defy the much dreaded Roman empire even without physical weapons, that in spite of all the persecutions and deaths they brought upon them, they couldn't prevail against the church, as the Word of God continued to multiply and spread across the nations and people of the earth regardless, that the Roman empire had to stop killing the disciples, because they saw that it was wasn't working but being counterproductive instead, as it appeared to be strengthening the resolve of the church, and making it to grow and spread further.

That kind of extraordinary confidence could only emanate from God who prepares a table before His own in the presence of their enemies.

God bless.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:18am On Mar 06, 2022
If you want to enjoy that kind of protection from God, all you have to do is to become His sheep today, that's if you aren't one yet, because such an unmatched protection is exclusively for those who are His sheep.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by gistray: 9:53am On Mar 06, 2022
Hope beer will be included on that table.

I no go just Sidon the look enemies for ooo

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by princepee: 9:53am On Mar 06, 2022
Simple!
To Pepe your enemy.

10 Likes

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Ryda(m): 9:53am On Mar 06, 2022
I do reason this scripture sometimes.

I'll rather He prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies than my friends.

E get why abeg!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by WeedAddict: 9:53am On Mar 06, 2022
God sef understand say vawulence is needed once in a while grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by ShaqFu: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2022
So your enemies can keep on attacking you while God stand aside and watch.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Godada(m): 9:54am On Mar 06, 2022

This may be a wrong place to ask this. Pardon me.

Aren't there christians in Ukraine?

Why isn't their battle fought for them by God while a table is prepared for them in the presence of their enemies?

Just asking to squelch a curiosity.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by AOB1: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2022
grin
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by ifeoma2611(f): 9:55am On Mar 06, 2022
Success usually comes to those who are too busy looking for it
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Folasshio(f): 9:55am On Mar 06, 2022
Okay
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Uzomacharles: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2022
This question touched my heart.... Not a question for weak christian...
Thank you Jesus... Moral Lesson: God can't give you what he can't handle

4 Likes

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by condralbedez: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2022
cool
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by iLegendd(m): 9:58am On Mar 06, 2022
To pepper them. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Mobog(m): 9:59am On Mar 06, 2022
So that the enemy can see he's the lord our God who brought us out of Egypt.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by IgbuduMonkey: 10:01am On Mar 06, 2022
Ok
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by tonididdy(m): 10:01am On Mar 06, 2022
... Make e for pepper your enemies well well tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by sofiscatedmoron: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2022
So that your enemies or village people will know that you have made it finally

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Winters23: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

It is to make a mockery of the threat my enemies pose, because God knows very well that the battle was not mine but His, so while my enemies were seriously busy planning, scheming, and fashioning weapons to use to launch attacks against me, God is busy preparing the table before me so I can be eating and drinking in their presence, because it's not me they're really trying to attack but God Himself, so they're actually planning to commit suicide, for if God be for me, who can be against me? Psalm 23:5, Romans 8:31

Moreover no weapons fashioned against me shall prosper, so when I hear them breathing and threatening fire and brimstone, I begin to yawn because it gets me really bored and to feel sleepy, as though bed time has come, because I know that regardless of what they tried to do, that nothing shall by any means hurt me. Isaiah 54:17, Luke 10:19.

God bless.

Keep deceiving yourself, no human being is your enemy because whatever you think they're planning against you is what you're planning or even done to another person.

Your real enemy is yourself because you are what you hate, a hypocrite who thinks he is better than his neighbours

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by premierlead: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2022
Meaning that i am going to be a chairman in their presence

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by adeoba2008(m): 10:03am On Mar 06, 2022
Because he wants to use you to do yanga.

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Truefaith: 10:03am On Mar 06, 2022
First and foremost that passage is about THE MESSIAH, not you!

You will get yourself misled if you insert yourself in Bible passages that were prophecies essentially about God's Christ.

First, who is your enemy, according to the Bible?

Your rivals in your office?

The Bible never recognizes mere mortals as anyone's enemy, in the strict sense of the word.

It is in fake Christianity that you, rather than Christ, are made the subject of Bible passages.

Check the Bible.

Visit www.thetruechristianfaith.com

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by zubimete(f): 10:03am On Mar 06, 2022
So that they will tidy the table & wash the dishes. Heart attack go quench them finally.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by house10s: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2022
why a table without chairs
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by pacificom: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2022
This biblical verse is not really pointing to a physical food on the table in the presence of our enemies. What it means in a spiritual sense is that God will bless and prosper us in a way that our enemies will see the radiation of his blessings and glory in our life. This blessings is for those who walk with him and obey his commandments. I prayed that God will give us the grace to do his will and be a beneficiary of his blessings.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Lexusgs430: 10:10am On Mar 06, 2022
He loves to encourage trolling.. ... .. cheesy
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by Iseoluwani: 10:10am On Mar 06, 2022
Because I am a SON
Re: Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? by EternalBeing: 10:11am On Mar 06, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
Awesome!
Shallow bread and butter Christians hate Spiritual Warfare. They don't know that is the only way to build Spiritual Muscles and become Giant of Faith in the Eternal Kingdom.

Threads below help Christians to Enjoy Spiritual Warfare:
https://www.nairaland.com/5406098/secret-truth-witchcraft-everyone-should

https://www.nairaland.com/5749109/testimony-how-herbalist-tried-kill

https://www.nairaland.com/5802700/differences-demonic-initiation-christian-spiritual

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism / Happy Birthday Rev. Anita Oyakhilome! / Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.