Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,655 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church (16140 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Living Close To A Church Or Mosque, Which One Do You Prefer? / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by kay29000(m): 8:18pm On Feb 20, 2022
Amotolongbo:
This makes me remember the house I was born and lived in for 14years.
Just in front of the house, there was a mosque with their PAS facing our apartment with their “aluwala” early morning by 5:00am.
The mosque has a church just beside it
Beside our house and apartment was a CAC church with numerous midweek programs, crusade and vigil running on loud sound system. The Church also has another church (Anglican) beside it (at the other side of the church)

These 3 churches and mosque intentionally made sure they competed for the loudest noise maker.
When one complains to the pastors, they see one as being used by the devil, whereas the reverse is the case.

We got there before these churches and mosque began. Thank God we left there.

Mehn! I can relate with you. The house I stayed in last before moving to my new place last year had a mosque just beside it, and the bungalow had no fence, so it was just like the mosque was in my compound. I work from home, so hearing the loud prayer 5 times a day was torture. Jokes apart, I almost ran mad.

I had to leave after my rent expired.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Angy55(f): 8:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
This was not staying close to a church but Tenants.

The youth pastors my Dad gave an apartment some years back. We couldn't sleep any more. Every day Night vigil, Stamping their feet on the ground. Speaking in tongues of which we do not even know if it was real or not.

Worse case - they kept bringing crowd All in the name of Deliverance.

They only stayed 5 months. He refunded their rent to them and asked them to leave.

The noise was too much.

We are christians too.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
pocohantas:

Make I come gift them musical set. grin grin

Don't be wicked o.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by spencekat(m): 8:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
I once avoided paying a rent for a beautiful property.At first,I was very happy that I have gotten a very cool place only for the landlady to'mistakenly'tell me that the two churches close to that her compound hold vigil every Tuesday and Wednesday.Immediately,I told her that I couldn't live in her house,because I am a light sleeper who gets easily disturbed by a slight noise not to talk of a heavy one.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by lilyheaven: 8:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
Some years back, I visited my cousin with my son ( 3) then.
From sleep, I was hearing “fire ! fire !! Fire !!! Fire ?!!!
Fire!!!
I woke up , and saw my son screaming fire. I wondered why he was awake and why is he shouting? There was no fire anywhere.
Immediately I heard a voice from microphone screaming die by fire undecided
I started laughing, so my boy has joined them....
This was around 2am, they were having a vigil, i couldn’t even sleep again till morning.
I told my cousin we won’t be sleeping over next time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by meliziz12(m): 8:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
It's hell. Almost everywhere here in Lagos is surrounded by not one but up to three churches on all part. It's totally uncalled for! It's shameful. Religion is causing more harm that whatever you might think of. Every corner has mosque or church. People can't rest well thereby everyone being so angry the next day! It's quite pathetic! That's why I hate the fact that top politicians are religious meaning they are myopic already! So what exactly do you expect from someone that is not rationale

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by kay29000(m): 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
olisefom:
Sometimes, I just seat in my room on Sunday and follow their service. Na only offering anogo pay.

LMAO
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by limcar: 8:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
Kingsuave:
Lol,

Omoh me and my senior cousin bros been go blunt for front of those Pentecostal church like that for night,

Na only God fit judge us for this world jhoor.
I've fúcked a girl inside an empty church on a Wednesday
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by kay29000(m): 8:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
lilyheaven:
Some years back, I visited my cousin with my son ( 3) then.
From sleep, I was hearing “fire ! fire !! Fire !!! Fire ?!!!
Fire!!!
I woke up , and saw my son screaming fire. I wondered why he was awake and why is he shouting? There was no fire anywhere.
Immediately I heard a voice from microphone screaming die by fire undecided
I started laughing, so my boy has joined them....
This was around 2am, they were having a vigil, i couldn’t even sleep again till morning.
I told my cousin we won’t be sleeping over next time.

grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by sslcrypt: 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
This is one of the most interesting thread I have encountered. Am literally tearing up from laughter, even the broken english I understood most pretty well. Thanks to my wife for trying to convert me to full Nigerian by fire by force with broken english grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by mu2sa2: 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2022
The government should close down these noise-making centres called places of worship. I wonder which God they worship in those places. Do you need to shout and scream to communicate with God that's All- Hearing?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by SekaniSG: 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
I'm living next to an apostolic church and I must confess, it has been terrible. They organize program almost everyday and makes noise with expired speakers. Worst of all, they don't even speak english. I don't know if the members don't go to work because they organize program any time they like. There was a time my neighbour switched off their generator in the middle of service due to the noise and constant vigils, combining local and foreign instruments, making prophecies I can't even tell if it's real or fake. You must shout for the next person to hear you even inside your house. No way to sleep when they have night vigil. I'm planning to sue them One of these days. Living close to a church is not a good idea at all

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
Angy55:
This was not staying close to a church but Tenants.

The youth pastors my Dad gave an apartment some years back. We couldn't sleep any more. Every day Night vigil, Stamping their feet on the ground. Speaking in tongues of which we do not even know if it was real or not.

Worse case - they kept bringing crowd All in the name of Deliverance.

They only stayed 5 months. He refunded their rent to them and asked them to leave.

The noise was too much.

We are christians too.

These people don't understand what it means to be Christians.

They don't know that Christianity is a model for good neighborliness.

I was a pastor at the time I was in constant confrontation with a noisy church right in front of my house. My landlord always found it hard to believe that a pastor would have a problem with vigils. I told him I didn't have a problem with vigils, but with people who had no empathy.

In the church I pastored, I personally invested in sound proof pads, because I understood that being good neighbors is one of the characteristics of a good Christian. Did Christ Himself not ask us to love our neighbors as ourselves?

But these misinformed Christians don't care about their neighbors. They think that gathering in the name of God exempts them from the admonition to have consideration for others. They will tell you that they are worshipping their God. But what is worship without considerations for the neighbors?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by President2001(m): 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
I think is a great opportunity because all program they will be doing, will help your spiritual growth
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Brite100: 8:50pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mehn.. This is my present predicament o.
I searched for accommodation for a long time without success cos my taste was kind of high. When I finally got this place, being that it was a new house, with a very fine apartment & a neat spacious compound, I just rushed and took it before story enter.
My first two weeks there was hell. No way to sleep at night & during the day on weekends.
I had already paid before I realised that there are two big Churches & two event centres very close by. At least one of the event centres must host an event every Saturday & Sunday afternoons. The churches have mighty buildings with apartments attached. I think they're Zonal head quarters or so. The attendance is normally very high with huge number of cars. They hold programmes/vigils back to back.
Mehn.. I've spent just about three months there. It hasn't been easy. I won't make this kind of mistake again, ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by RaymondLegacy(m): 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
Tallesty1:
Happened a long time ago. There was this church that shared same fence with my brother's compound. They sing, clap and shout both in the day and at night. I can't even remember everything again but I sha told the pastor that they were disturbing the hood, especially the new born baby in the house.

They church said that I was possessed, they said that their prayer was disturbing the spirit that possessed me, the reason I am complaining.

Me wey don dey craze from bele. I no go.

I went to the market the next day and bought a Tecno, I think it was the T series. Those ones that have big speaker on the lower end of their rears.

I loaded it with crazy songs, starting with Terry G's free madness, charged the battery full and kept it on standby.

The next program, I placed the phone on our bathroom window that's just a few steps away from their alter and fired on long before they started coming.

Half way into my songs, someone tapped on our door, guess who? The pastor.

He came to complain that the music was a distraction and told me to lower the volume. I told him that they disturb us anytime they sing and shout to the Lord in the night.

The story nor complete , please continue
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by perdollar(m): 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2022
I WL rather live in hell than to live close to churches and mosques. The noise is annoying

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Angy55(f): 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

These people don't understand what it means to be Christians.

They don't know that Christianity is a model for good neighborliness.

I was a pastor at the time I was in constant confrontation with a noisy church right in front of my house. My landlord always found it hard to believe that a pastor would have a problem with vigils. I told him I didn't have a problem with vigils, but with people who had no empathy.

In the church I pastored, I personally invested in sound proof pads, because I understood that being good neighbors is one of the characteristics of a good Christian. Did Christ Himself not ask us to love our neighbors as ourselves?

But these misinformed Christians don't care about their neighbors. They think that gathering in the name of God exempts them from the admonition to have consideration for others. They will tell you that they are worshipping their God. But what is worship without considerations for the neighbors?

They do not care at all. We should always put other people into consideration in everything we do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Dbarrzx: 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2022
I dey share fence with apostolic...guy e no dey funny. Sundays I can't watch movie in my parlour peacefully. And I have some sleepless night too.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by NoToPile: 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
My house is beside a church, the services is not even the issue we bear it since it's for a while.

It's the HQ of a church (about 4 branches) so their kitchen area is by the fence, 2 of our bedrooms are on that side of the house so we hear everything happening and any little thing , these people will be shouting midnight making noise with their ikoko irin, turning stick and all that, they are always cooking one thing one that, very ceremonious people. Every pim is heared in those 2 rooms.

Midnight Cooking every other day one thing or the other with plenty noise and I will just be hissing in my mind.

They hold their convention every November and it's a horrible experience, last year it's like the sound system was reduced a bit.

During the lockdowm we rested and my babies slept peacefully.

Sometimes I wonder if churches know how much their inconvenience others, and then lots of churches feel they need to put an external speaker shocked. Why?

Howcome we Christians that are not meant to inconvenient others do so.

I am not a fan of Jehovah witness doctrines but Chai, no external speakers or unnecessarily increase of volume.

Most churches feel if the whole street is not hearing everything happening in the church it's not okay.

Must you increase the volume, even if it's not sound proof if it's in a reasonable level it won't disturb, the neighbors might just be hearing a little but iro ooo they must shut down the neighbors with volume.

What some don't know is some of this act can even hinder prayers being answered.

And they can't take half of what they dish out, the G. Os wife once complained that the aluminum roof edge of our house peeled and when breeze blows it makes a creaking sound, she came to tell us it was disturbing her from sleeping that it's just something they will nail,

My husband said he will inform the landlord abroad because it seems to be a major issue and we can't tamper with his roof without informing him and once you tamper it can lead to more damage it. I was actually livid,, next thing they brought ladder that they want to do it.

Kiloshe awon people yi, you want to tamper with the roof of another man's house, my husband no open gate for them to enter ( they were shocked) he said he's sorry he will have to call the landlord firsr( they are friends with landlord) we called agent that one called landlord, landlord said they should do it, they used nail to nail it the next week that portion pulled off and rain could actually enter the upper floor luckily it was vacant. Lastlast a major aluminum repair work had to be done by landlord.

I was like ordinary creaking sound you guys can't bear, do you know what we pass through, we are used to it now sha.

One advantage is you get to listen to their programmes

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by jogsman01(m): 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
I must talk my own.....

My father's house is built close to one MFM HQ for my state here. There was a year like that, during crossover, this church just mount 4 PAS for electric pole, and one of the PAS was directly facing our house. You know that kind wahala sha. Any PUSH sound from that PAS, na vibration for the whole structure. None of us slept that day. BTW we're not the only one living in that area, so, the wahala peculiar to everyone. The following morning when dem start their program again, everyone for street just carry stone throw for the PAS, and that was how they turn of the PAS.

The story still remain ooo but I'm stopping here

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by TheMostComplex1: 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
olisefom:
Sometimes, I just seat in my room on Sunday and follow their service. Na only offering anogo pay.

Better be paying offering lol
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by phemmyfour: 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
pocohantas:
It is Sunday and I remembered something that happened when I was househunting.

I didn’t care about bad roads as much as I cared about renting a house close to churches. It was the major thing I looked out for.

Share your experiences living close to a church.

Terrible people, you will pump water in the morning only for them to use everything and leave empty tank for you as early as 12noon

2. Dirty compound every Sunday is non negotiable

3. Fridays vigil, forget about your sleep due to speakers vibration

4. Saturday Sunday school preview, you cannot drive out of the compound because of their gathering/meetings at the middle of the compound.

5. Tuesday digging deep, one of their members sha must park in front of your gate, they have to announce the number plate at the altar else just park outside till around 9pm that they LL end the service

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by pocohantas(f): 9:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
phemmyfour:
Terrible people, you will pump water in the morning only for them to use everything and leave empty tank for you as early as 12noon

Hahahahahaha! Them dey use am flush toilet.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by uboma(m): 9:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
lomprico:
Everybody lives close to a church in southern Nigeria

Too bad. The government needs to regulate their activities, the churches around us are so insensitive.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Bashnigga(m): 9:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
lomprico:
Everybody lives close to a church in southern Nigeria
I swear down mehn, churches dey everywhere for south
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by phemmyfour: 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2022
pocohantas:

Hahahahahaha! Them dey use am flush toilet.
Haaa... honestly it wasn't easy
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Kodifashionhub3: 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
Yours is even better when i moved to where i am recently staying I had no idea that a mosque was behind the compound na so one morning wey I dey enjoy my sleep one loud noise from speaker wake me up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Brownpiro: 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
It's really terrible, I live close to a building that houses about three different churches, it's always from one program to another throughout the week and the most annoying thing rn is one of the church just acquired additional speakers is Asif the church is trying hard to overshadow the other two.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by jogsman01(m): 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
Aarenasbaba:
Na die.... One church is near my house ( Ori oke gbogunmi) their noise is secund to none. If you sleep before there service, you're safe. If there service starts before you sleep. You're in soup... I didn't hear their noise of recent and decided to find out. They said the communities have taken steps against him. The funniest part was that, the number of worshipers in the church is not more than 8
Ede?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Six Important Things You Should Care For On Earth / Ramlocator: An App That Leads You Where The Sallah Rams Are / Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.