Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) (25356 Views)

Anambra State Students Win Gold At International Debate Championship / Anambra State Students Emerge Runner-up In Global SDGs Competition In US / Riot In Nasarawa State Polytechnic, Lafia Over School Fees (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Nksleek: 12:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
A placard with the inscription, “I can’t pay N250,000 for school fees, I nor wan do ritual” has been trending on social media after students of Delta State origin took to the Roundabout at Effurun to protest against the hike in school fees across tertiary institutions in the state.

Recall, Focus Naija had reported that Governor Ifeanyi Okowa’s personal phone numbers were leaked to the public over the school fees increment.

Read here: https://www.nairaland.com/6991923/governor-okowas-personal-phone-numbers

Also leaked were the phone numbers of the Commissioner for Higher Education, Prof Patrick Muoboghare, Vice Chancellor of Delta State University, Abraka and that of his counterpart at the Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro.

Widespread condemnation has trailed the sharp increment of school fees in recent time. Student leaders and stakeholders alike have expressed displeasure with the state government demanding that education is a right and not a privilege.

According to Counsellor Dennis Agori, an educationist and author, the school fees increment is too much to bear.

In a video shared on his timeline, he said government must take back the decision as it is against the social contract of leadership reached with the people.

TOO MUCH TO BEAR... TAKE BACK THIS DECISION... SAY NO TO TUITION HIKE IN DELTA STATE UNIVERSITIES

It is against the social contract of leadership not to listen to the people you lead and nativity to keep silent as a people when pressed against the wall.

Don't kill a man in trying to save him. Surgery is painful but it is a correctional process to prevent future health danger. However, the patient and his relatives are educated on the need for it and he/she must be prepared to go under the scalpel.

So we admonish the government which ought to represent the people to be empathic, democratic and plan with realistic balance between what is needful vs what the people can bear.

I am using this opportunity again in saying NO TO TUITION HIKE in Delta state universities. I heard something similar going on in College of Education, Warri (unconfirmed).

Definitely, the protest continues by Monday. I hope Asaba may be the next destination. If you want to lend your voice, come on. We move!

I also say NO TO FUEL HIKE in any guise that will mount undue pressure on the citizenry.

Let's speak more against what we don't like. Say no to the conspiracy of silence. Don't push the wall, it will collapse
, he wrote.

Source: https://focusnaija.com.ng/2022/02/20/i-nor-wan-do-ritual-placard-trends-as-delta-state-students-protest-against-school-fees-increment/

5 Likes

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by devilmaycry: 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2022
If you check well...yahoo and ritual killings started with this rubbish educational system and employment hindrance

Imagine increasing school fees...and u expect everyone to be able to pay? ...those that can't will be left with little or no option than to venture into crime/yahoo/ prostitution to be able raise this money quick....

Las las I blame BuHari

155 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Goldbw122(m): 12:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
This country na wa

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by donbachi(m): 12:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
Those wey dey do am...no dey do am cos of school fees.some no even dey school.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by November24(f): 12:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
Funny during their time, some of them used awolowo free education policy

143 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by silibaba: 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Nksleek:
A placard with the inscription, “I can’t pay N250,000 for school fees, I nor wan do ritual” has been trending on social media after students of Delta State origin took to the PTI roundabout in Effurun to protest against hike in school fees across tertiary institutions in the state.

Recall, Focus Naija had reported that Governor Ifeanyi Okowa’s personal phone numbers were leaked to the public over the school fees increment.

Read here: https://www.nairaland.com/6991923/governor-okowas-personal-phone-numbers

Also leaked were the phone numbers of the Commissioner for Higher Education, Prof Patrick Muoboghare, Vice Chancellor of Delta State University, Abraka and that of his counterpart at the Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro.

Widespread condemnation has trailed the sharp increment of school fees in recent time. Student leaders and stakeholders alike have expressed displeasure with the state government demanding that education is a right and not a privilege.

According to Counsellor Dennis Agori, an educationist and author, the school fees increment is too much to bear.

In a video shared on his timeline, he said government must take back the decision as it is against the social contract of leadership reached with the people.

TOO MUCH TO BEAR... TAKE BACK THIS DECISION... SAY NO TO TUITION HIKE IN DELTA STATE UNIVERSITIES

It is against the social contract of leadership not to listen to the people you lead and nativity to keep silent as a people when pressed against the wall.

Don't kill a man in trying to save him. Surgery is painful but it is a correctional process to prevent future health danger. However, the patient and his relatives are educated on the need for it and he/she must be prepared to go under the scalpel.

So we admonish the government which ought to represent the people to be empathic, democratic and plan with realistic balance between what is needful vs what the people can bear.

I am using this opportunity again in saying NO TO TUITION HIKE in Delta state universities. I heard something similar going on in College of Education, Warri (unconfirmed).

Definitely, the protest continues by Monday. I hope Asaba may be the next destination. If you want to lend your voice, come on. We move!

I also say NO TO FUEL HIKE in any guise that will mount undue pressure on the citizenry.

Let's speak more against what we don't like. Say no to the conspiracy of silence. Don't push the wall, it will collapse
, he wrote.
see grandpas wey still dey year one shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

jamb badoooo shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by dawnomike(m): 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
The price of school fees in state owned universities is now tending towards those of private universities with slow motion.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by PlayerMeji: 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
Abeg make una send me N5000 airtime, I nor wan do ritual!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by wizonlyson: 12:49pm On Feb 20, 2022
cool cool una, never see anything..una just start..

1 Like

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Nksleek: 1:07pm On Feb 20, 2022
Lalasticlala mynd44 seun
Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
I dey wait make government talk say na cos of yahoo boys wey make dem increase school fees undecided

Same way landlords and boutique owners dey foolishly blame dem for their increase in price undecided

E be like one old woman sidan untop pot for midnight swear for delta state yahoo boys undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Nksleek: 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
Lalasticlala
Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by vincentjk(m): 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
N250k for school fees in a state university? Not like they'll disassociate themselves from ASUU just like anambra state university did so that ASUU strike will be a thing of the past!!

This is sickening.

4 Likes

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by potbelly(m): 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
Na wah...
Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
angry naija hard

2 Likes

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Agricmoney(m): 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
hmmm it’s much na

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Danny50: 3:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
What concerns rituals and increase in school Fee's as if they are the ones paying the fee's. Your parents are the in better position to protest or complain not you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Branzy(m): 3:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Okowa should be blamed, created 3 New universities out of stupidity.how can the state fund 4 universities

8 Likes

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by IamDavid(m): 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
250k? Thats too much. OAU still pays 19,800 for all courses in the faculty of arts and the highest in any faculty is 30,000. This is for a whole session. I know it's a federal school but nonetheless, 250k is huge abeg

16 Likes

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by judedwriter(m): 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
People think ritual killing is easy as drinking zobo drink.

They do not think of the heavy price they have to pay especially if they are caught.

Nothing good comes eazy in this life, but thank God His blessings are free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Tovard(m): 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
I am on a opinion that it is right time because make education free at all levels. 90% of Nigeria Youths has lost interest on education and this might be a total disaster to the nation.

Look at the level of criminals in our society today, what of yahoo yahoo and yahoo plus, don't also forget the rate of kidnapping which is now a lucrative business among the youths.

There are no employment of graduates neither there are no signs of relief to this with a minimum wage of 30k per months. The Edo government should do something fast on this or else yahoo plus in that state will be double in free months time!
Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by CuriousX: 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
Danny50:
What concerns rituals and increase in school Fee's as if they are the ones paying the fee's. Your parents are the in better position to protest or complain not you.

You think it is everybody who have parents? Some who even have parents but they cant afford to pay such fees. During my time in school, some students did ride okada to pay their fees. So your comment is shallow and lacks empathy.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Jokerman(m): 3:41pm On Feb 20, 2022
Why iss everything getting so expensive in this country?

1 Like

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by iamyemiakins(m): 3:41pm On Feb 20, 2022
Na so e dey start undecided
Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Thebigheart: 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
Those that went to school with free education are frustrating the youth with school fees hike. Imagine Okowa with him plenty teeth dey increase school fees any how.
So the Delta beyond oil be this abi.

Thunder go fire all of una.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by xpressionx(m): 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
NA TODAY UNA KNOW SEY NAIJA LEADERS DEY WICKED?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
Danny50:

Most students pay their fees.

5 Likes

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Eben91: 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
My advice to all jambites on this forum is to quit the thought of going to school, going to school in Nigeria is useless, majority of young guys who are doing well today have no university education.

3 Likes

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by Danmboss(m): 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
Them think say every student now na yahoo be their hand work
Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
Danny50:

It is better not to comment on threads than making very stupid and senseless comments. I am very sure that you are still a kid.

23 Likes

Re: Delta State Students Protest Against Increase In School Fees (Pictures) by superCleanworks(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
the future of our country really passing through rough times just to be somebody in this piece of land flora shawn called Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely / Secondary Teacher Disappears With N2m WAEC Enrolment Fee In Edo / JAMB To Begin Sales Of 2020 UTME Form January 13. Announces Date For Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.