Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? (25238 Views)

A Female Pastor Is Caught In An Act With Her Junior Pastor , Photo + Video / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That / Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Dbarrzx: 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
We know that some churches are structured in a succession pattern to favour the immediate family. So, what is the body language of the main Pastor when he is around? That must have embodied the pastor's wife to demand for accountability from the assistant pastor.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Funpeter: 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
Well who is running with the vision I think the pastor wife and the senior are the one running with the vision which means the husband is called and the wife have an assignment to fulfill.
So the junior pastor so report to the senior pastors wife, unless the pastor wife does not do ministral assignments.
And why will the senior pastor goes on a journey without the wife following him thats is uncalled for.
The wife should always goes with the husband and she should grow in other to be able to give instructions just like her husband.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by simplesearch: 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
If the goal of the church is heaven, then whoever takes charge in the absence of the senior pastor doesn't matter at all.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by 99thEnemy(m): 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
Barrister026:

this is pointless, no points at all
it's Better for you to keep quiet and let other people answer.
noe be small quarrel we settling in the church since.

Can you please keep your own point in your pocket?
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Lamasta(m): 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Do you know her personally to know she isn't anointed or ordained? I say so because most of these pastors wife, usually tab from their husbands grace/anointing after being married for a while. Also, some pastors do not marry just any woman, they take time to chose gifted women.
Wife of a pastor is not necessarily a pastor get that first, if she wants to be one then she should go through the stages and be anointed so as to be recognised as one....
For every organizational structure the assistant takes over in the absense of the principal and I think the church is not an exemption to this

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by ziondaughter247: 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
This is the reason why I'm weary of Pentecostal churches.. What does first lady mean Is that even biblical?
These churches are just glorified business centres and nothing more... Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by LollySeaSide: 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
spice123:

You didn't study that chapter of 1 Corinthians 14 properly before concluding. Apostle Paul was talking about prophecy and speaking in tongues. You only carved that portion in verse 34 to suit yourself. Kindly go back to your Bible and read with understanding.
No. Apostle Paul wasn't talking about prophecy or speaking in tongues.
See how the Good News Bible puts it:

1 Corinthians 14:34
[34]the women should keep quiet in the meetings. They are not allowed to speak; as the Jewish Law says, they must not be in charge.

Now, you must know that the Bible is very unique in its contents.
If you are a Bible scholar, you should know that there were women who did great in leadership positions.
Deborah - Judges 5
Miriam - Exo. 15, Micah 6
Huldah - 2 Kings 22
Prescilla - Acts 18.
Esther - the whole book of Esther.
These are just few examples.
What then is the basis of Paul's command that women should not be allowed to speak in the church?
As far as I am concerned, those things written in the Epistles are more of advices than commands.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Ezmans: 9:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
Barrister026:
Pastors wife wants the junior pastor to be reporting to her if her husband is not around or any issue at all during church service.

She try as much to be in charge when her husband is off in another Church to minister.

This nearly caused a problem in the church today, while I was going home surprisingly a friend of mine supported the pastor's wife.. that she's the first lady of the church of God if her husband is not around.
she can represent him anytime to coordinate like most churches

What's your take on this issue is it right?
there in no church in africa, what we have here are enterprise/multi level centres

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by ibinaboonline: 9:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
Just humble yourself and work together with your pastor’s wife. The important thing is for the work of God to move forward, instead of entangling in selfish interests.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by rajiedreez: 9:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
That's what happen when innovations enter religion

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by spice123(m): 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2022
LollySeaSide:

No. Apostle Paul wasn't talking about prophecy or speaking in tongues.
See how the Good News Bible puts it:

1 Corinthians 14:34
[34]the women should keep quiet in the meetings. They are not allowed to speak; as the Jewish Law says, they must not be in charge.

Now, you must know that the Bible is very unique in its contents.
If you are a Bible scholar, you should know that there were women who did great in leadership positions.
Deborah - Judges 5
Miriam - Exo. 15, Micah 6
Huldah - 2 Kings 22
Prescilla - Acts 18.
Esther - the whole book of Esther.
These are just few examples.
What then is the basis of Paul's command that women should not be allowed to speak in the church?
As far as I am concerned, those things written in the Epistles are more of advices than commands.
I am a bible scholar. Please read from 1 Corinthians 14 verse 1-34 and digest it. You see we are quick to quote verses of the bible but we fail to read on the event that presided that particular verse.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by dalass(f): 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
Lamasta:

You are even contradicting yourself here, firstly the woman was not the ordained one but her husband so if the pastor is not around the next anointed one which is the junior pastor takes over without fear or intimidation from the wife of the senior pastor, this is the church of God and not the family business

In the bible, the israelites also complained about Moses Aaron, Prophetess Miriam and Hur. All siblings... Turning things to family business. Go and read about God's response to them
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Kevinsamba468: 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
It's a great site to reach Ghanaian audience.
Lionati53: You are missing if you have not joined the forum

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by BelovedCityWatch: 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
This is serious. why is everyone saying church is a business center. the church should have an organogram. or better still there should be two deputies to the pastor, which should include senior pastor wife.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by buJu234: 9:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
In the western world is the junior pastor but in Nigerian its the pastor's wife or son..

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Ladiesdoctor(m): 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
spice123:

You didn't study that chapter of 1 Corinthians 14 properly before concluding. Apostle Paul was talking about prophecy and speaking in tongues. You only carved that portion in verse 34 to suit yourself. Kindly go back to your Bible and read with understanding.

I believe you are the one that is suiting it according to your understanding.
Apostle Paul was talking about the Orderly of Worship in the Church.
Read 1Timothy 2 vs 11-12
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Mkayfrenzy(m): 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
immortalcrown:
Different pentecostal churches have different doctrines and most of the pentecostal churches survive on wrong interpretations of the Bible. Therefore, your question is unnecessary and has no answer. If your question is about the Catholic, Catholic doctrines can be followed to answer the question.

Logically, a pastor's wife is not a pastor. She should be respected but any treatment or task that is specifically for pastors should not be given to her. The wife of a medical doctor can have knowledge of the husband's work but it does not make her a medical doctor. The wife of a lawyer is not a lawyer just because she knows most of her husband's legal activities.

Biblically, one may ask what if the pastor's wife is also a pastor. To answer that question, does the Bible permit women to be pastors? (1 Corinthians 14:34) is even a new testament passage. Do you now understand why I said many pentecostal churches survive on biblical deviations? Catholic doctrines do not permit women ( even Reverend sisters) to lead the church. A catholic parish will not even let the parish priest miss the Holy Mass when there is no catechist or another priest to stand in for the parish priest.

Though I'm a Muslim, but you have spoken wisely.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Biggcake: 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2022
Barrister026:
Pastors wife wants the junior pastor to be reporting to her if her husband is not around or any issue at all during church service.

She try as much to be in charge when her husband is off in another Church to minister.

This nearly caused a problem in the church today, while I was going home surprisingly a friend of mine supported the pastor's wife.. that she's the first lady of the church of God if her husband is not around.

Anointing and church leadership is not sexually transmitted..

Tell the senior pastor's wife to go get a life.

The church is not her husband's private business...

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by HRMK: 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2022
protocol demands that the pastors wife is the second in charge!she shuld act in absence of the husband!!

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by sabreal: 9:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
It all depends

Most of what we call the r see as churches are actually family businesses.

Nevertheless, on a more serious note it depends on

1. Is the wife part of the church leadership
2. Hierarchy
3. The leadership style
4. Is he a church according to the will of God
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Starhearts: 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
spice123:

I am a bible scholar. Please read from 1 Corinthians 14 verse 1-34 and digest it. You see we are quick to quote verses of the bible but we fail to read on the event that presided that particular verse.

Continue foaming in d mouth �?
Ur potopoto eyes go soon clear?
U knws nothing about bible at all
U wey be weed smoker
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by naija4life247: 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2022
I am a Muslim, the wife of the Imam will not even talk when the Assistant Imam is talking except she is the Chief Witch of the community, just like the Pastor's wife mentioned here.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by Crieff(m): 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
Barrister026:

This is one out of the many issues that a well drawn constitution will resolve. The constitution of a non-profit ideally should provide for governance structure and leave no doubt about the hierarchy of decision making bodies.

Even an unregistered nonprofit can have a constitution detailing its internal processes. As regards this present case, there isn't enough detail to give useful advice.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by marsup: 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
What concerns the pastor's wife with pastoral duties? By their fruits you shall know them.
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by FKMagazine(m): 10:01pm On Feb 20, 2022
Junior pastor
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by angelfallz(m): 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
Which church is this happening? Winners, Christ Embassy, deeper life, Rhema?
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by angelfallz(m): 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2022
He say na chief witch grin

Guy why na grin grin grin

naija4life247:
I am a Muslim, the wife of the Imam will not even talk when the Assistant Imam is talking except she is the Chief Witch of the community, just like the Pastor's wife mentioned here.

Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by harbeycares12(m): 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2022
SpaceAngel:
Normally should be the junior Pastor but if the Pastor is the owner of the church AKA Daddy G.O, that means mummy G.O is oga in the absence of the Pastor.

I love this person point of view. [ In a situation whereby the G.O. is not around mummy G.O is the next person the junior pastor will report to going by the settings of most Pentecostals church because the wife too is also a pastor by default and the no 2 of the whole church.
[/b][b][/b]
But in a situation whereby the both founders are late and a paid pastor is the one leading the church whenever he is not around the junior next pastor need not to report to the senior pastor's wife
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by mastermaestro(m): 10:09pm On Feb 20, 2022
dalass:

It is disrespectful for junior pastor to believe that the woman he met in the church as a Pastor Mrs will seat down while he calls the shots.

In the bible, Deborah was a Prophetess who was appointed by God and controlled the whole nation of Israel including the army before Paul's era.

Aquila and priscilla were both in the ministry and they taught Apollos better in the word. So it is wrong to believe because one is female, she has no business in the affairs of the church!

Most Nigerian men are chauvinistic and that's why the society is this horrible. Zero respect for women. It is too glaring on NL self

Thanks for helping me school them with Biblical proofs. Apparently, going by the recurring views of most supposed Christians on Nairaland regarding Christian beliefs and church affairs, you would realize that most of them have zero knowledge of the Bible and ministry.

Thus I hardly waste my energy educating them anymore. It's repulsive to see dumb comments from those who call themselves believers.

Shalom jare!
Re: Pastors Wife Or Junior Pastor, who should be in charge? by flokii: 10:13pm On Feb 20, 2022
The church is the body of christ and not the personal property of any man be it pastor or whoever..

@OP If the senior pastor is not around, the junior pastor should step in and hold forth till the senior pastor returns and then brief him on the events that happened during his absence. The senior and junior pastors are the only ones with that mandate.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muslim Dad Dumps Newborn Baby In Toilet Because Mother Is Christian In Adamawa / The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam / Pope Francis Appoints Peter Chukwu Bishop For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.