Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc (19397 Views)

Best State For Prospective Corp Member To Serve In Nigeria / Corper Wraps Pounded Yam With His Khaki In Jos, Plateau State / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by SalisuJasper: 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2022
Please can someone give me tips, i have just been posted to plateau state for my nysc.

what are the things i need to know

6 Likes

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by dawnomike(m): 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2022
SalisuJasper:
Please can someone give me tips, i have just been posted to plateau state for my nysc.

Pack sweaters as though you are traveling to europe... The cold no be here

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by chatinent: 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
NYSC is trash.

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by LordIsaac(m): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
SalisuJasper:

It is a civil-service state. Finish and go back o.... except you want to do businesses like selling goods. There's a strong indigene/ settler dichotomy therein.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Barryseal: 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2022
You will enjoy Mangu camp. The rest of your experience in the state will be stale.
That's all I can tell you.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by kingPhidel(m): 10:13pm On Feb 20, 2022
Only one advice. Come with cardigans, jackets , head warmers, turtleneck sweaters and any counter cold material. Then forget anything anyone is saying about experience. When you add value to your service year you’ll enjoy it to the fullest irrespective of where are posted to. Some people had wacked service year while others had fun. Come with free mind and enjoy every moment from camp to PPA not be left out in any activity. Lastly join martial band if you can.

One band one sound.

Mind you I served in FCT not Plateau

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Yinksy09(m): 10:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
Congratulations and all I can say is stay safe and keep your eyes wide open. Familiarize yourself with the people in the community. Also get an alternative power supply for your phone like the Oraimo power bank should Incase of power outage.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Osombo: 8:50am On Feb 21, 2022
Congratulations �
State is welcoming so much tourist attractions Resorts, Shere hills, wild life park, zoo, Kura falls, riyom rock so much to explore.
Good night life at different spots chillers, Verlaine, crest, Steffans, iexploreand the ladies are amazingly beautiful
Not forgetting the foods, fruits, vegetables very cheap.
Maximize ur potential as U stay but be security conscious, if possible ask the locals around.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Fyie: 10:24am On Feb 21, 2022
As a first timer, just carry heavy jackets and good body cream. With time you will get use to the cold. Every other thing about insecurity they will tell you in camp.
Religious intolerance is higher in that state.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by rave1049: 10:24am On Feb 21, 2022
You will be fine

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Akinfor4: 10:24am On Feb 21, 2022
Good
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by whippersnapper(m): 10:24am On Feb 21, 2022
Nice place to do your NYSC especially if posted to jos town. If you get enough money na to dey enter terminus buy better wears shocked

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by FuckDModz: 10:24am On Feb 21, 2022
You better work it back to a progressive state/city if you don't want to die or stagnate.

A word is enough for the wise...

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Kingpele(m): 10:25am On Feb 21, 2022
When u get there you will know ,experience is the best teacher, but apart from bandits in the north, jos people are very hospitable, gentle and humble

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Analyst7: 10:25am On Feb 21, 2022
Pack condoms

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Omicron007: 10:26am On Feb 21, 2022
shocked

Be careful when you get to Mangu Camp.
Girls will gum-body with you to Mammy Market so you can buy them free food and drinks.

Mind you, 87.4532% of them will relocate and if you are not sharp, you won't even see them after the Orientation Camp.

Be wise!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by hilltop007(m): 10:26am On Feb 21, 2022
I am currently serving in Plateau State. The state is endowed with aesthetic landscapes, but cold all year round. You are lucky that your camping at Mangu camp is not in December/January; these months are the peak of the cold temperature. Nevertheless, still come with sweaters and socks; Not hood oh, but thick sweaters.

If you are preparing for 2022 JAMB, You can download our free JAMB Practice App with 10 subjects (2004 to 2021 questions). The playstore link is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jambcbtpastquestions.jamb360

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by inoki247: 10:26am On Feb 21, 2022
Na we post u derr why u dey ask us wetin u suppose du....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Englishisamust: 10:26am On Feb 21, 2022
God punish jamb. If no be jamb wey no give me admission. Me self for dey part of those who get call up letter yesterday. Anyway we moveee

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Skillsnigeria: 10:26am On Feb 21, 2022
Good luck
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by samuel19222(m): 10:27am On Feb 21, 2022
angry
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by everythinggirly(f): 10:27am On Feb 21, 2022
Congratulations.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 21, 2022
1. Be prepared for serious cold! If you are not prepared, you may want to run back to your state because of cold. Take thick clothings with you.

2. As for the occasional crisis, just be vigilant. Live in the Christian dominated area and you have nothing to worry about.

3. It's a lovely state. You will enjoy your stay!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by abobote: 10:27am On Feb 21, 2022
As in how, you no wan serve your country again?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There A Punishment For Deserting NYSC? / Now That NYSC Is A Done Deal, What Next? (how To Prosper After NYSC) / Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.