Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,045 members, 7,799,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van (15539 Views)

One Dies As NDLEA Operatives And Youths Clash In Bayelsa / Gunmen Attack ECWA Church In Kogi, Kill 1, Kidnap 3 / Unknown Gunmen Attack Another Police Station In Ebonyi, Kill Policeman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
Unknown gunmen Sunday morning attacked a team of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) operatives on duty along the Ezzamgbo axis of the Enugu-Abakaliki Expressway, killing one of the personnel and seriously injuring one other.

A credible source, who spoke to LEADERSHIP on the ground of anonymity, said that the incident happened at about 3am on Sunday, adding that the gunmen after carrying out the attack escaped.

The source further disclosed that the gunmen also collected one riffle from the officers while the NDLEA patrol Hilux Van was burnt by the attackers.

The source said, “On 20th Feb. 2022, Sunday morning at about 300hrs at Drug checkpoint along Enugu Abakaliki highway Ezzangbo, unknown gunmen attacked Drug law enforcement agents and shot two drug officers on duty.

“One officer killed while the other one was shot on the leg which fractured his leg. One riffle collected, one patrol Hilux Van burnt. The names of the victims not yet disclosed.”

Leadership also gathered that the attack was carried out at a place not too far away from a Military checkpoint along the expressway.

The attack is coming barely six days after three policemen were shot dead by unknown gunmen at Ezillo axis of the Enugu-Abakaliki expressway in Ishielu local government area of Ebonyi State.

It would also be recalled that the three policemen were gunned down in front of the Ezillo police station having mounted a roadblock along the expressway.

The policemen were at roadblock for the routine stop and search operation when the gunmen stormed the place and opened fire on them, killing three of the men.

Just like the attack on officials of the Drug Law Enforcement Agents that was carried out at about 3am, the Ezziloo attack was carried out at about 12 midnight.

Ezzilo in Ishielu local government area of the state is about few kilometers to Ezzamgbo where the latest attack was carried out by gunmen.

When contacted, the NDLEA Public Relations Officer, Ebonyi State Command, Mr. Audu Benji, said he was in a meeting and will get back to our reporter after the meeting.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Loverth Odah, did not pick calls put across to her as at the time of filing this report.

https://leadership.ng/just-in-unknown-gunmen-attack-ndlea-operatives-in-ebonyi-kill-1/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by xpressionx(m): 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2022
Abba Kyari's men in action

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by tempest01(m): 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2022
This is serious. Is this the IRT militia fighting back

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by immortalcrown(m): 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2022
It might even be kyaris on a mission to rescue seized goods. grin

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by Kingosytex(m): 6:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Ipob pigs are evangelists, they are non violent. They assist govt officials in doing their jobs.

These killings of security personnel are the activities of dss and fulani govt to tarnish the good image of ipob.

The dss and fulani govt have been killing and cannibalising fellow dss, police military and paramilitary just to give ipob bad names.

Infact, I heard a policeman shot himself in the head to paint ipob black.

God bless ohamadick lamidi kwanu with more watery beans. cheesy

I tire for your matter.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by colorsofrainbow: 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
Abba Kyari has sent them

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by zionmde: 6:50pm On Feb 20, 2022
I said it earlier this ipob thing will lead to massive insecurity in the east and its happening
Before once I get to head Bridge asaba I relax my mind that till I get to my destination there won't be any issues, as long as its anywhere east, I can travel around but today, I cannot go on a journey that will take me through that route

When this thing was birthed, Igbos were in full support, you could hear Igbo guys praising these so called ESN and how they attack army people, today the entire east is no longer sweet and safe. Let's continue destroying our land thinking we are harming other regions

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by tit(f): 6:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
Wetin NDLEA dey do for road by 3 am?
Who send them out by that time?
How many are in the team?
Just two?
What were the other members of the team doing?
Is Abba Kyari silencing witnesses against him?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by heendrix(m): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ibadan billion van incidence made me doubt the figure of casualties these media reports to people. only 1 died and the other shot in the leg while their patrol vehicles got burnt.

Tell us the actual figure, how many was killed??

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by NwaNimo1(m): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2022

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by PointZerom: 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
grin

Abba Kyari men.

4 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by DamnnNiggarr: 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
shocked
Nvestor02:
Igbo has now turned themselves to glorify criminals.

I wonder why Buhari government hasn't wipe them out of the Nigerian map
Only if wishes were horses...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by PointZerom: 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
Nvestor02:
Igbo has now turned themselves to glorify criminals.

I wonder why Buhari government hasn't wipe them out of the Nigerian map

Igbos don't expect much from a child of a lunatic.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by Ceenelly(m): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
Is well
Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by rocknation62(m): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
Unknown corn tree
Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by crackhouse(m): 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
Corruption fighting back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by tito44: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
Kyari boys grin grin
If you know you know

8 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by SportsHD: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
Abba kyari cartel men dey vex grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by Ruggedniggaone: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
Kyari boys at work

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by dfrost: 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
angry

What madness?
Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by dfrost: 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
crackhouse:
Corruption fighting back

As usual angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by Burruchaga71(m): 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
To God be the glory.
Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by Emmajn1: 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
xpressionx:
Abba Kyari's men in action
exactly what I want to comment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by athaboi(f): 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
zionmde:
I said it earlier this ipob thing will lead to massive insecurity in the east and its happening
Before once I get to head Bridge asaba I relax my mind that till I get to my destination there won't be any issues, as long as its anywhere east, I can travel around but today, I cannot go on a journey that will take me through that route

When this thing was birthed, Igbos were in full support, you could hear Igbo guys praising these so called ESN and how they attack army people, today the entire east is no longer sweet and safe. Let's continue destroying our land thinking we are harming other regions
just shut up you hungry lot...who asked you for a sympathy?? Nonsense

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by Olatemiseeni24: 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
Na Abba kyari work.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by Thomist(m): 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
zionmde:

Oga if you don't want to travel, that's your business. East is safer than any place in Africa. Stop saying what you don't know.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Attack NDLEA Operatives In Ebonyi, Kill 1, Razes Van by excomarow(m): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2022
Hope this Abba Kyari be suff won't lead to Drug War In This Country

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Suspected Armed Robbers Nabbed With Fake $800k Along Lokoja-Abuja Highway / 2 Men Who Steal & Sell Car Batteries, Copper Wires Arrested In Bayelsa (Photos) / Photo: EFCC Arraigns Samuel Ndubuisi For Impersonation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.