Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,750 members, 7,802,298 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother (664 Views)

Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids / His Grace, Nicholas Okoh And His Half Truth About Tithing As An Anglican / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother by Ilekokonit: 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
I Never knew that Sarah, Abraham wife was his Half sister - Same Father but different Mother

Now I'm wondering why I had not heard a pastor mention this before. They will read the preceeding verses but stop before Genesis 20:12.

This is Abraham speaking in Genesis 20:12. NIV - Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife.

No wonder the scriptures tell us in Acts 17:11 NLT that the Berean Jews listened eagerly to Paul’s message and they searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth.

When trying to ponder why I had never heard from any Pastor that Abraham married Sarah his half sister when the same pastors preach around that same chapter but stop just before they get to Genesis 20:12, the only thing that came to my mind is that even the bible warns us that from the smallest to the biggest prophets and priests, they ALL practice deceit and are greedy of gain - Jeremiah 6:13 (NIV) - From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit.

2 Peter 2:3 - In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories.
Re: Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother by Amotolongbo(f): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ilekokonit:
I Never knew that Sarah, Abraham wife was his Half sister - Same Father but different Mother

Now I'm wondering why I had not heard a pastor mention this before. They will read the preceeding verses but stop before Genesis 20:12.

This is Abraham speaking in Genesis 20:12. NIV - Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife.

No wonder the scriptures tell us in Acts 17:11 NLT that the Berean Jews listened eagerly to Paul’s message and they searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth.

When trying to ponder why I had never heard from any Pastor that Abraham married Sarah his half sister when the same pastors preach around that same chapter but stop just before they get to Genesis 20:12, the only thing that came to my mind is that even the bible warns us that from the smallest to the biggest prophets and priests, they ALL practice deceit and are greedy of gain - Jeremiah 6:13 (NIV) - From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit.

2 Peter 2:3 - In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories.
Re: Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother by SportsHD: 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mehn We came from Adam and eve, all of us. Doesn't that make us relations? Distant relations?

2 Likes

Re: Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother by Machinegun91(m): 10:04pm On Feb 20, 2022
The more you study bible the more you get confused

Believe in God and live a Christ like life

Simple

3 Likes

Re: Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother by Amotolongbo(f): 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2022
Machinegun91:

Simple
Are you saying the Bible is confusing?

1 Like

Re: Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother by thorpido(m): 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
Machinegun91:
The more you study bible the more you get confused.

Simple
How do you live a Christ like life without knowing Christ?And how do you know Christ?By studying the dictionary?

May God let His light shine upon our hearts.

@Op,of what importance is preaching that Abraham married his sister to anyone's spiritual growth?It was a norm then that people married their relatives.In some places, especially the Arab world,they still do.Saddam Hussein married his sister.

1 Like

Re: Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother by illicit(m): 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2022
Yes now
Re: Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ilekokonit:
When trying to ponder why I had never heard from any Pastor that Abraham married Sarah his half sister when the same pastors preach around that same chapter but stop just before they get to Genesis 20:12,
Jeremiah 6:13 (NIV) - From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit.

Very very true! They only like to quote verses that will help their deceit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother by Kobojunkie: 2:37am On Feb 21, 2022
Ilekokonit:

Why are these pastors and mogs to blame for your refusal to learn the stories in scripture by reading from the book of your own? undecided

Jesus Christ warned you against the pastors and mogs, all of them false teachers and false prophets whose only mission is to steal, kill and destroy your lives using God's name. undecided

1 Like

Re: Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother by Kobojunkie: 2:40am On Feb 21, 2022
Machinegun91:
Simple
You are absolutely wrong there. undecided

You don't need to study the books... just read and comprehend them as you would any book out there in the world. And maybe then you will realize the context of this book is God has it...Simple! undecided

1 Like

Re: Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother by otipoju(m): 1:58pm On Feb 21, 2022
Why would you wait on your Pastor to read or teach the bible to you?

Ive known this Abraham and Sarah were siblings since i was seven years old.

Isaac was the son of Abraham while Rebecca his wife was the granddaughter of Abrahams brother Nahor.

Jacob also married two sisters. Leah and Rachael. Who were the daughters of Rebeccas brother Laban.

Na family things those days. It was their culture.

Even till Jesus era... a brother will take over his late brother's wife.

1 Like

Re: Never Knew Abraham Married His Half Sister Sarah, Same Father Different Mother by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 21, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Poor Christians In Nigeria Are Cursed Sinners: Redeemed Church / Spiritual Codes. How To Live A Healthy Spiritual Lifestyle / 20 Christmas Gift Ideas For Your Pastor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.