Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

@NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! (5340 Views)

£10/N8,525 Giveaway: Winner: @NaijaCuzin. Congratulations!! / £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

@NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 21, 2022
To celebrate one of my videos hitting the Front Page of Nairaland (thanks to the mod who put it there), I will be giving away 2 prizes of £10 each to two of my followers.

When I was a little girl, I thought whenever you slept and woke up, you were in a new day so if we had a birthday party to attend the next day, I would quickly sleep, wake up after 1 hour, and start getting ready. My mum would shout that the party is tomorrow, and I would reply that yeah, tomorrow is today because I have slept and woke up. It took a while for the reality to sink into my brain.

SHARE YOUR OWN STORY of what you really believed when you were a child.

As usual, I will let democracy choose the winners. If I choose, some people may cry, “foul!” so the 2 stories with the highest likes wins, simple!

I will give every eligible story a like and ask your friends/followers to like your story.

One entry per person.

Remember, it’s not over until 7p.m Naija time (6p.m UK time) so don’t despair even if you see someone leading by miles.

Good luck y’all.

Ps.
Don’t forget to watch my daughter Tobi’s documentary for Netflix on ÓWÀMBÈ: “Nigerian Party”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECbsEaWuk40

It is NOT compulsory to watch the documentary and it is NOT my daughter's YouTube channel. The channel belongs to Netflix who already have millions of subscribers. It is simply my daughter's research which took months to put together.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by illicit(m): 8:03am On Feb 21, 2022
When I was a kid, I thought the moon follows everyone around

grin

I also always try to point my father's Torchlight in the sky but it doesn't always reflect, my father will just be laughing

The day my sister cooked her first meal, she didn't cut off the root from the spinach and worse still it wasn't properly washed, the soup was filled with sand but my mum insisted that we eat it so that my sister won't be offended undecided

God bless u as u like this story

102 Likes 12 Shares

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by Odetokun3(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2022
Growing up in the rural area, I believed a lot of things that turned out to be superstition and some that end up to be mere harmless precautions.

Let me reminisce on these two:

1. At points where I played rough and had my tooth removed or broken accidentally, relatives will plead with me to throw it carelessly on the house roof in hope that it will help bring back a new tooth in my mouth in quick time. However, I was advised to throw the tooth in combination with 7 small stones and seven goat faeces. At the end, it’s just a superstition that has no base.

2. The second is a situation where it’s sunny in the afternoon and rain falls. The sun is still set for sure but it’s raining, I was made to believe at those point, a bear or lion is giving birth in one close forest to us and that’s why the weather behaved in such manner. I can’t still trace a fact to that till date but I believed it then since I don’t have any means to confirm if it was true or false.

I believed a lot of things then. Most of them are scary and far from being real. Childhood was fun sha.

Thanks!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by adeoyekay(m): 8:17am On Feb 21, 2022
When I was a kid I taught life is fair for everybody because everything go today
But when am getting old now,the reverse is the case
I just need favour if I will be lucky

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by Mhykel217(m): 8:18am On Feb 21, 2022
i always tried to outrun my shadow or hide from it as a child most especially when told not to leave the house by my folks. I used to try to hide from it cuz i believed it was my shadow that reported me. And if i ask my mom who told her she will say my shadow did.
Dammn alakoba shadow

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by donbachi(m): 8:19am On Feb 21, 2022
I never believed anything as a child.except,the fact that.as a child,when you wake up in the morning.you put off the lantern,sweep the house,remove the firewood and ashes of day before,make new one,warm soup,make eba,boil water for bathing and after that.. straight to farm.later in the evening go to stream and fetch water.with the thought i will see mammywater to ask her a question.but,never saw her...For bithdays.the only time,my birthday was marked..na big boiled yam dem put for tray wey i cut.

7 Likes

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by cherishmichael: 8:23am On Feb 21, 2022
Games everywhere, this is how last year October 1 independence day, Nigeria organised a competition on an essay writing, with names of sweet prizes to be awarded to each winner, but after all said and done they ignored us till today, and took our ideas to accomplish what they wanted, i don't know if anyone here knows about what I'm saying, one nonsense essay writing Nigeria hosted and took our ideas then letter snubbed everyone.
I don't even understand the country, a country where, even on their independence day they tried the citizens with a fraudulent trick just to get what they wanted, selfish country, can you imagine!?.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by donbachi(m): 8:28am On Feb 21, 2022
Naso

1 Like

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by SurvivorM(f): 8:42am On Feb 21, 2022
When I still very small, there was a lot of teenagers that get pregnant in my area and I was always scared, my fear increased when my Dad and Mum said something during one dinner like that that if their daughter get pregnant they will deal with her so much that she will regret it lol

I decided to ask my mum how someone can get pregnant and she said "if u let a boy touch u, you will get pregnant" my 8 years old brain interpreted it as if any guy touch you physically like your hand, face you will get automatically pregnant.
From there on I never talk to boys for years and I swear anytime a boy touch my hand or any part of my body, i am always crying because i thought i was going to get pregnant.
This fear was in me for up to 4 years until I finally learn what Sex is and in those 4 years I swear I was scared I was pregnant for up to 50 times

77 Likes 12 Shares

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by 2elliot: 8:43am On Feb 21, 2022
(1) When I was a kid, I used to believe that diamonds grow on pythons as they become very big. I am from Bayelsa state where there is a lot of rivers. In my place, they said pythons used to come out in the river at night and shine its diamond lights that have several colors. It was just last year that out of curiousity I asked Google and found out that it was a lie. Pythons don't produce diamonds.

7 Likes

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by STARKENNETH(m): 8:47am On Feb 21, 2022
AS A CHILD I ALWAYS THOUGHT A BLANKET COULD PROTECT ME FROM ANYTHING,ANYTIME I GET SCARED OF ANYTHING I TOSS A BLANKET OVER ME.
PLS NAIRALANDERS,PLS LIKE AND SHARE sad ABEG,MAKE ONA LIKE AND SHARE THIS COMMENT.GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY AS YOU DO SO.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by Kevinjap: 8:52am On Feb 21, 2022
When I was a kid, In the night I tried as much I can to see myself standing at the center of the moon but it keeps moving as I try harder. I can even move far distance.

4 Likes

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by Evidenx(m): 8:56am On Feb 21, 2022
when I small ehn,na so I believe say money dey grow for my pale pocket,na so I dey demand and wan buy everything weh my eye see..lol. i nor wan hear i nor get!
na weh I grow up I know say body nor be firewood.

all of una dey relate na. make una like me comment Abeg. I tuale Una.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 21, 2022
Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by SerikiFulani(m): 9:11am On Feb 21, 2022
As a child,I really believed in a lot of things...

1. I believed if you put your eyelashes in your parent's shoes, they will
forget the offence you committed smiley

2. Don’t drink coconut water, else you become a dullard.

3. Don’t whistle at night, you will be inviting snakes.

4. When the sun is shinning in the middle of a storm/rain, it
means a lion is giving birth.

5. Don’t let people jump over you, lest you become short.

6. Don’t eat food that has fallen on the floor, Satan has eaten it already.

7. If your tooth pulls out, throw it on a rooftop, a lizard will
take it and give you another one.

8. Kill and cut off a Lizard’s head and bury it.
After three days, dig it up you will see many coins

9. If you kill a duck and bury it, it will transform into a snake in seven days.

10.If you wash a dog’s face and use the same water to wash
your face, you will see ghosts.

11. Don’t sweep your house at night, you will be sweeping
away all your riches.

12. Once your eyes starts to twitch, someone is talking about you.

13. If someone bites you, rub chicken poop on the area, the next day the person’s teeth will become rotten.

14. If your teacher annoys you, soak garri for 3 days. As the
garri swells, your teacher’s hand would swell.

15. In a football match, bury the egg of a lizard at your goal post, your opponent will never score.

16. If your palms are itching you frequently, money is coming your way soon.

17. A pregnant woman should not visit the zoo, else her child would look like an animal.

18. Don’t eat a fowl anus, else you will start gossiping about.

19. Don’t stand in front of a mirror at night, else you will see evil spirits (demons).

20. If you want to faint after your teacher flogs you, put beans under your armpit and you will faint.

21. If you're obsessed with the head of a fish. You'll be a dull student.

22. Don't ever fetch water from the well at night

23.Don't ever beat a male child with a broom, it'll affect his potency as a man.

24. Don't sleep with ur legs touching the wall, you must be in a meeting with witches.

25. Don't sit on a pestle, you're risking ur mom's life.

26. Don't sleep in reverse positions/orientation with someone else on the bed/mat.

27.If bird poop lands on ur head, money is coming ur way.

Should I go on? grin

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by MARYIAN(f): 9:11am On Feb 21, 2022
As a kid i always thought eating a seed
would make a
plant grow in
your tummy. grin
God bless you abundantly as you like and share this comment.

16 Likes 10 Shares

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 21, 2022
You really wanna celebrate just 1 out of your 57 spam threads hitting Nairaland FP?
Moreover, I mean who the fck celebrates hitting FP on a forum where the basest of ignoble threads are paraded on FP all day?

This thread reeks of mamagee syndrome. You must have been sipping the same wine with mamagee3. Do we call this the height of boredom in a foreign land?

Well, i commend your energy to garner views for your daughter's YouTube channel but this won't yield the expected results. Don't expect to blow selling those kind of Youtube videos in a spoilt generation where all form of fuckery trend.
If you're really serious to blow on Youtube, having seen your daughter's baptism video, I think she has what it takes to do some great twerking video. That way, I can guarantee you. If not, go invest your money and time on something else.

By the way, nice hair, nice teeth and beautiful smile.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by nwabueze1999(m): 9:17am On Feb 21, 2022
My mum told us while growing up that Snails was poisonous and terrible. That if we eat snails, we will start walking slowly, and dropping spit everywhere.
I'm now a grown man, but the fear is still there..
I don't eat snails.
please like and share.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by LIONSABRE(m): 9:32am On Feb 21, 2022
Lol,as a child I always believed that if you stood while eating, the food will go to your legs instead of your stomach. Also, if you laid down while eating, the food wouldn’t give you strength and if you got into a fight with someone you’re much older than, the person automatically becomes stronger than you and beats you up. smiley

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by VillageBus(m): 9:40am On Feb 21, 2022
As a child I thought if a dig a very deep hole I would see hellfire.

144 Likes 2 Shares

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by Popsmoke2: 9:42am On Feb 21, 2022
My school teacher taught me most of the lies I tell today, she would tell me to write a letter to my uncle abroad when she knows my uncle is in the village

Make una like my story abeg

152 Likes 5 Shares

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 21, 2022
While growing up (was 14y/o), I always thought as soon as I clocked 18, my parents would give me freedom to go out....just like my friends. My parents never allowed us to step out of the house except for errands, school, church and shop.
I also had my future self perfectly planned out. Finish university by 20, be rich and get married by 21, have kids by 22 so when I hit 40, my first child 'd be 18.
None ever happened...lol.
Still at Uni in my early 20s battling with ASUU strike. And at home, I m not still allowed to go out....

6 Likes

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by superCleanworks(m): 9:47am On Feb 21, 2022

8 Likes

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by isaiah4life(m): 9:50am On Feb 21, 2022
Growing up, I foolishly believed all cats were agents of the devil. It was when I turned 17, I realized they were pets.

But up to this moment, I still dey fear cat. grin

Hit the like button comrades, please! kiss

5 Likes

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by jimter44(m): 9:54am On Feb 21, 2022
When growing up as a child, I was told that when the raining season wants to end, there would be rain in the day time under heavy sunshine and the rain would not fall again.

1 Like

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by Zee0007: 9:55am On Feb 21, 2022
They told me, I was the leader of tomorrow when I was still a young chap. Today, I am still struggling to understand that sentence. cry

2 Likes

Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by phemmyfour: 10:17am On Feb 21, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
To celebrate one of my videos hitting the Front Page of Nairaland (thanks to the mod who put it there), I will be giving away 2 prizes of £10 each to two of my followers.

When I was a little girl, I thought whenever you slept and woke up, you were in a new day so if we had a birthday party to attend the next day, I would quickly sleep, wake up after 1 hour, and start getting ready. My mum would shout that the party is tomorrow, and I would reply that yeah, tomorrow is today because I have slept and woke up. It took a while for the reality to sink into my brain.

SHARE YOUR OWN STORY of what you really believed when you were a child.

As usual, I will let democracy choose the winners. If I choose, some people may cry, “foul!” so the 2 stories with the highest likes wins, simple!

I will give every eligible story a like and ask your friends/followers to like your story.

One entry per person.

Remember, it’s not over until 7p.m Naija time (6p.m UK time) so don’t despair even if you see someone leading by miles.

Good luck y’all.

Ps.
Don’t forget to watch my daughter Tobi’s documentary for Netflix on ÓWÀMBÈ: “Nigerian Party”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECbsEaWuk40

How much is that in naira?
Re: @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 21, 2022
Popsmoke2:
My school teacher taught me most of the lies I tell today, she would tell me to write a letter to my uncle abroad when she knows my uncle is in the village

Make una like my story abeg
I don like and share,we go share the money grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Exodus Never Happened And The Walls Of Jericho Did Not Come A-tumbling Down / Are Africans Confused? / 8 Important Ways We Can Live in Faith As Christians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.