Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? (28435 Views)

High Cost Of Living: How Much Do You Earn Monthly And How Much Do You Spend / Sacked Driver Clings To The Bonnet Of His Boss’ Moving Car (Photo, Video) / You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by lapazi(m): 12:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
jimmyolasun:
Only if Dem dash me political appointment and leave me alone.

ole.... grin grin grin
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by lapazi(m): 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
Evidenx:
To be realistic,if I earn like 500k monthly,I will not think of jakpa.

omo 5what?
You must be my brother from the north lol.
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Greatfullheart: 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
Even if i earn 20million a month to go abroad go still hungry me. How much our leaders dey get wey dem still japa go abroad like say na their backyard.
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
From 300k.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
4 million a year for me but I know I will make much more abroad sha with just one pilot now imagine if na games too omo or cellphone company

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
It's not about money for me.

Quality of life.
Conducive environment.
Rational human being.
Progressive society.

The average Nigerian is a hopeless dysfunctional being.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Tinyemeka(m): 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
YourBestSelf:
Okay. I see lots of japa posts all over the Nigerian internet space.

Now, I'm wondering...

If you had the ability to earn whatever you wish, how much will you be earning here in Nigeria, that the thoughts of permanently relocating abroad becomes unlucrative?

$10,000 per month.

That and nothing else. Tell the village people that you didn't see me! angry

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Legendoo: 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
Na mad people full this thread.

I dey abroad, I would come back to Nigeria if I earn between 2 to 3 mill...

Some people said 10 million per month, sho, even oyinbos dey look this thread say them go japa to naija for 10 million.

Working country KO , working economy ni.na road and hospital I wan chop.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Evidenx(m): 1:11pm On Feb 21, 2022
lapazi:

omo 5what?
You must be my brother from the north lol.
hahaha..lol am a southerner and I don't live a lavish or extravagant life my bro. so 500k a month is okay by me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Studyinchina200(m): 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2022
Give me electricity ,good health care and security. That’s all I need.
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Juciboy: 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2022
YourBestSelf:

Now, I'm wondering...

If you had the ability to earn whatever you wish, how much will you be earning here in Nigeria, that the thoughts of permanently relocating abroad becomes unlucrative?

I will still japa . Nigeria is not a toxic and violence
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by stanisbaratheon: 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
Rahkman:
1m per day

ole grin
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by fasho01(m): 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Nothing honestly. Even with ten million a month I will move, it will even hasten my plans faster

With half of that I'm staying let alone ten million naira. I will stay o

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by okine4real: 1:28pm On Feb 21, 2022
See ehh. Money nor be everything.... See for 9ja i get stuffs, the stuffs good, God bless me to a point, but even at that, 9ja nor be am. You buy car, bad roads go dey spoil your car always. You build house, tenants go dey follow you flex muscle because them know say the country get bleeped up tenancy law. You sick, you fit just die like Chicken, Even Chicken nor dey even die any house self, except for festive periods. You dey university, every time strike, The govt children dey oversea dey study while citizens children dey go on strive every time. A Nigerian man has know good means of training his/her child, yet you see him giving birth to 5 children. I have a tenants that his rent for room and parlor self contain is 80k, the guy is owing me for 4 years, yet the guy done born like 3 children for my house, the man is as poor as a street dog. What is the point of earning 5M monthly and the future of your children is no secured? go to everywhere in Nigeria, people when build houses in the 70ties, 80ties, go and check there children, there children is as poor now like people when nor get rich linage. My Grand Dad was very rich, this man house for villa till today still looks modern. The man get pepper i swear, out of 24 Children when him get, na only the once when dey abroad dey try, all the once when dey 9ja shi shi them nor get. Am tell you bro.... am still looking on how to move all my pangolo when i get for 9ja to either US or Canada, mean while i dey cash out between 1-3M Monthly........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Amah70: 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
Hannania:
Top investment bankers making an average of 1m /month, managers in oil companies earning $10000(5m)/month and top programmers earning $60,000/yr(30m) are choosing to leave, and you need to ask why?

1. Firstly, oil workers earning those crazy amounts live in estates with heavy guided security for fear of kidnappers which are long before bandits. So what's the essence of earning this huge amount and being enclosed.

2. Tech guys making that crazy amount are not believed these days as some go as far as stating it's yahoo and face abrupt harassment timely. So why shouldn't we leave?

3. The whole world is a system of immigration. Places like the USA, Canada are all linage traced to immigrant forms. So it's not a crime.

Of you choosing to remain in Nigeria, it's a choice. And if Japa is the goal, still go for it. Let's stop making it a big deal. Nobody owes anybody an explanation. History has shown us what patriotism means in this country.

After all, independence was a result of greed and power and not the true intent of independence. The civil war proved it, and the present-day nepotism.

As people from the south leave Nigeria, people from the North migrate southward to settle.
It's natural selection.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Explorers(m): 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Nothing honestly. Even with ten million a month I will move, it will even hasten my plans faster

10m monthly, guaranteed, aint going anywhere.

Except for vacation/sight seeing.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Jaqenhghar: 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
YourBestSelf:

Now, I'm wondering...

No amount of money will keep me in Naija
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by seyz91(m): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
Confirm! I feel you

You get sense
SmartPolician:
I don't plan to leave Nigeria. We die here! Some idiots vote in fellow idiots, we will always be here to attack and insult them.

I cannot imagine going abroad and having a white nonentity see me as someone from a part of the world where people live on mango trees. If I am traveling out, it's for vacation or studies. Afterward, I will quietly return to my shithole country.

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by addexx: 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
YourBestSelf:

Now, I'm wondering...

5m and above

But japa is not in my agenda though. Apart from the hard life in Lagos there are many other states you can live well and enjoy life in peace if you earn good. Probably a $1k above.
Our standard of living is low , dollar rate is low so cost of living in this part of the world is relatively inexpensive. That means you can enjoy the best with little amount of money.
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by lapazi(m): 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
Evidenx:
hahaha..lol am a southerner and I don't live a lavish or extravagant life my bro. so 500k a month is okay by me.

May the Almighty give us what is best for us o

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by rajiedreez: 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
10K USD
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Dinieoj(f): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
Just give me 24hrs electricity I'll be fine.
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
Lol @ the person that said N300K per month.
The truth is the structure of Nigeria is bad.
You can't cope with earning more. You ll be target for criminals, street beggars, family beggars & diff sorts.
At the same time, you can't afford to be poor. You ll.be like you are a slave. The best is to just migrate

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by danot1030: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
To me moving abroad is not about money alone. It's also about the poor leadership, the poor government, the system where justice is only the right of some selected few and the many rots in the country. Nigeria is not a place one should pray he raise his children.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by juman(m): 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nigeria is not a good place to live.

I experienced home armed robbery attack long time ago, still resounding in my head.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by 1stHooligan(m): 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
200 to 500
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by TheGift: 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
donbachi:
Enough to share with others without complaining.

Not until you have a lot before you share with others. Practice share when you have little and you will have more to share.
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
Hannania:
Top investment bankers making an average of 1m /month, managers in oil companies earning $10000(5m)/month and top programmers earning $60,000/yr(30m) are choosing to leave, and you need to ask why?

1. Firstly, oil workers earning those crazy amounts live in estates with heavy guided security for fear of kidnappers which are long before bandits. So what's the essence of earning this huge amount and being enclosed.

2. Tech guys making that crazy amount are not believed these days as some go as far as stating it's yahoo and face abrupt harassment timely. So why shouldn't we leave?

3. The whole world is a system of immigration. Places like the USA, Canada are all linage traced to immigrant forms. So it's not a crime.

Of you choosing to remain in Nigeria, it's a choice. And if Japa is the goal, still go for it. Let's stop making it a big deal. Nobody owes anybody an explanation. History has shown us what patriotism means in this country.

After all, independence was a result of greed and power and not the true intent of independence. The civil war proved it, and the present-day nepotism.
Nobody earning 5m a month will want to leave this country. 99% Nigerian who abandoned they nice paying job to abroad are regretting it now . Only the poor want to japa

7 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Newboss(m): 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
If you cannot afford person police protection, you should work towards leaving the country.

It's not about the money. You will understand that when police stop your Benz and tag you a yahoo boy or kidnapper.

This country has gone to the dogs. If you're rich, you're automatically a target.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by LIONSABRE(m): 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
10 billion a week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / Talent Is Better Than Education / Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.