Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? (28445 Views)

High Cost Of Living: How Much Do You Earn Monthly And How Much Do You Spend / Sacked Driver Clings To The Bonnet Of His Boss’ Moving Car (Photo, Video) / You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Shokoloko(f): 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
When I was here in the bank. I was making so much from deals (some in USD). I was balling. At some point I was not needing my salary anymore.

BUT if kidnappers catch a female, your money cannot save you. They will turn you inside out before releasing you to your family.

When they started kidnapping my colleagues I borrowed myself brain and left.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Kayharry(m): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
There is no amount of money u can make in naija that can stop you from going abroad. I know few rich mean who who makes over 10m per week and they still run abroad.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by DaRuud(m): 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
500k monthly ,
A duplex of my own
A polished car
And a side hustle

YourBestSelf:
Okay. I see lots of japa posts all over the Nigerian internet space.

Now, I'm wondering...

If you had the ability to earn whatever you wish, how much will you be earning here in Nigeria, that the thoughts of permanently relocating abroad becomes unlucrative?
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by planetx: 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
BabaAgba79:

I am not going anywea in respect of what I earn. I am a dreamer! I live in my dreams. Overseas countries are not good enough for me! I fear loneliness far more than kidnapping and bad roads. In fact, over there, you work off your ass. Work and work or die a pauper! Over there, no abete, no buka, no beer parlours, no life! You live indoors only with your family! No fresh girls to toast! If u near girls, u go straight to prison! I HAVE CHOSEN TO REMAIN IN MY SHITHOLE! I LOVE IT HERE! If you like, go to Canada, UK, USA, etc. All my friends from there are calling me, hailing me baba ooo. I give no damn! I live wea life is convenient for me! Nigeria!
True talk.
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Torchgelly: 4:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
I just moved, no matter how much I will earn here , health care and rest of mind , including working system u can't get them in Nigeria. I'm two weeks here already gotten four job offers I only choose one at the moment.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Kingofhoes: 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
I think it goes beyond money in most cases. It is more about the person, his or her orientation/ideology. Immigration itself is not cheap.

Some people have been crazy about relocating to the western world since childhood. Some of them resigned from skilled and good jobs in Nigeria to take up unskilled jobs in the western world.

Quality of Life, Security, Proper Health Care, Secured future for offsprings are some of the reasons some Nigerians relocate.

On the other hand, some don't fancy living outside the country because of racism, weather, lifestyle etc

Which one is proper health care Do you know how expensive it is in America. Even people in those countries are moving to less expensive countries.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Advancedman(m): 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
YourBestSelf:

Now, I'm wondering...

If you had the ability to earn whatever you wish, how much will you be earning here in Nigeria, that the thoughts of permanently relocating abroad becomes unlucrative?

It not about earning it about so many other basic things of life
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by smeag0l(m): 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2022
20 million naira
YourBestSelf:

Now, I'm wondering...

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Double0h7(f): 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
If I could earn about $5000 a month then I'd move to Nigeria and settle there permanently grin
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by captainbangz: 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2022
adedehinbo:
300k is okay
same here bro.
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
KingDamzzy:

Imagine asking me what value do I have in my country? So all these years you have spent in Nigeria, you are valueless and still currently valueless? Your mindset needs to be worked on seriously.

You are talking about human rights violations like it's not the same oyinbo land where black people are treated like poo by White/Asian people. What's a worse human right violation than somebody treating you differently because of the colour of your skin?

Or is it not in the same US where White cops/security operatives profile black men and kill them unjustly? Have you forgotten Black Lives Matter protests so soon?

More Black men are killed by the police in Nigeria unjustly within in a few months than a whole year in the United States.

George Floyd’s kids received millions. When men are unjustly killed by police in Nigeria, what do the children get?

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by virginchaser(m): 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
It's sweeter when you are opportune to go on holiday and be back than to be there struggling to get documents. I couldn't understand why some drop good jobs in Nigeria and take over menial jobs abroad. A fellow is presently begging his employer in Nigeria to see him as prodigal son and accept him back.
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by michaelchukwueb(m): 4:58pm On Feb 21, 2022
5million every month,if I gather it till 5 or 6year I will japa and go chop the money �☺️�
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
Kingofhoes:

Which one is proper health care Do you know how expensive it is in America. Even people in those countries are moving to less expensive countries.

In America, if you are in a traffic accident an ambulance will arrive to get you within minutes even if you are penniless. You will be taken to a hospital and treated whether you have money or not, they’ll send a bill later if you’re uninsured but you won’t be refused treatment.

Police reports are free and they are dispatched at no cost.

Does this happen in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by victorazy(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
Hadampson:

Do you have freedom of speech in Nigeria
And who said we don't pay tax in Nigeria?

Nowhere is perfect but I prefer Germany to this country.

No place like home bro!

Why Nigeria is hard is because you can't make it easily. 10m a month? What are you looking for outside?
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Invictus2214: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
Even if i'm earning 20,000, i wil not leave cause of racism attacks on the blacks
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by knowyaself2(m): 5:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
KingDamzzy:
This japa syndrome is a modern form of slavery that happened back in the day. Struggle to go to the white man's land and still get treated as shit. Dealing with being a second class citizen, racism, classisism and segregation. Instead of looking for ways to develop your country, you are running away.
B
You then have to deal with their shittty food, adverse harsh weather and doing odd jobs specially reserved for immigrants plus their heavy taxation system.

Just come back and help your country grow in the best way you can.

Thank you my bro, I feel ashamed reading all their nonesense. No sense of pride in being a Nigerian. Black men, Chai.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Starz825(m): 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
Mightymanna:
Whoever is not contended here will never make it somewhere.
What!!
Something dey your head bro grin
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by afesco: 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
If in Lagos/Abuja/PH, 850k per month but in other states like in South-Soutj, 600k per month
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by VanuatuWycombe: 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
DaRuud:

500k monthly ,
A duplex of my own
A polished car
And a side hustle

It won’t take you up to 6 months of earning that your desired salary before you would realize that 500k is not enough and can’t solve 0.0000% of other non-financial problems that Nigeria has.

I have been working for nearly 2 decades now. The last Finance Manager gig I turned down in Nigeria was N1m (net) per month, after working as a controller across many renowned multinational companies before I picked race.

You can go and just breeze into Naija once in a while. That time, you would know Nigeria’s problem is no longer your permanent problem. You are just a visitor who would soon leave. That’s when you enjoy Nigeria most because you are more financially ok, exposed and not under Nigeria’s ‘control’.

Please, have japa as your plan B, most especially through PR, job, family reunion or study visa.

Like I always say, great life in a saner environment abroad is better experienced than imagined.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by chaloskyx: 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
LOL PEOPLE MAKING MONEY JAPA ONLY TO GET PASS PORT FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR KIDS AS A PLAN B IN CASE NIGERIA BECOMES A FAILED STATE DURING THE PROCESS IF THEY GET A JOB THAT CLOSELY MATCHES THE SALARY OF THE ONE IN NIGERIA THEY STAY BACK BUT IF YOU ARE EARNING MILLIONS AND YOU FEEL YOU HAVE TO JAPA CAUSE YOUR VILLAGE PEOPLE ARE CHASING YOU THEN BY ALL MEANS DO SO BUT WHEN YOU DO MAKE SURE YOU DONT REGRET YOU ACTONS TO THE EXTENT PEOPLE BACK HOME WOULD LAUGH AT YOU FOR GIVING AWAY YOUR POT OF GOLD ALL FOR A FOREIGN PASSPORT AND CLOUT

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by DMerciful(m): 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Canada and USA are lands of immigrants.
The whites there all immigrated from Europe, only difference is they came there much earlier. That place is not their ancestral land also
SmartPolician:
I don't plan to leave Nigeria. We die here! Some idiots vote in fellow idiots, we will always be here to attack and insult them.

I cannot imagine going abroad and having a white nonentity see me as someone from a part of the world where people live on mango trees. If I am traveling out, it's for vacation or studies. Afterward, I will quietly return to my shithole country.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by kabukabu50(m): 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
knowyaself2:

Thank you my bro, I feel ashamed reading all their nonesense. No sense of pride in being a Nigerian. Black men, Chai.

Your President and Senators have that same pride when they go to UK for healthcare and send their kids to American universities.

Tufiaaaaaaa.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Princekunle10: 6:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
Listen it's not about money, but the truth is, the infrastructure alot of benefits you derived when live in abroad,
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Hadampson(m): 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
victorazy:

No place like home bro!

Why Nigeria is hard is because you can't make it easily. 10m a month? What are you looking for outside?

Home is where you feel at home and not necessarily somewhere you are born in.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by nurez305(m): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
Strongbest:

That's very small bro. 300k in today's economy will not do much. Except you mean 300k everyday.
Are you a kidnapper? 300k is more than enough... I don't earn up to that monthly and I have everything human being should have....
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by peacettw: 6:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
I will say 10 million
Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Kingofhoes: 6:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

In America, if you are in a traffic accident an ambulance will arrive to get you within minutes even if you are penniless. You will be taken to a hospital and treated whether you have money or not, they’ll send a bill later if you’re uninsured but you won’t be refused treatment.

Police reports are free and they are dispatched at no cost.
Does this happen in Nigeria?

Do you know how much an ambulance ride costs?? A friend of mine was charged $800 for the ride after she has an accident with her scooter. And yes you will be refused treatment until all your papers are signed. I'm saying this from first hand experience

1 Like

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
Kingofhoes:

Do you know how much an ambulance ride costs?? A friend of mine was charged $800 for the ride after she has an accident with her scooter. And yes you will be refused treatment until all your papers are signed. I'm saying this from first hand experience

But did the ambulance arrive and pick her up without demanding up front payment? Yes they did.
About everything else, I don’t believe you. At all. So if you are unconscious you will be refused treatment until you awake? No. If you are in critical condition you are refused treatment? No. If you are in pain? No.They will refuse to save your life if you don’t sign paperwork? My main point was that no money will be demanded up front and I will stick by my word and say you won’t be refused treatment. Again, I don’t believe you and won’t change my mind on that.

But my question is this: if a person can get treatment without payment upfront and discharged without payment being required, why would they NOT want to sign paperwork? I’ll tell you why—that try to get over mentality.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? by Ibk2020: 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
planetx:
Anyone making a million naira and above resigning to relocate to some rubbish oyinbo country is a big fool, and most likely crying to sleep every night regretting his dumb decision. Doing it for your kids is nothing but an excuse for making a dumb decision and being a brainwashed coon, health care and security? lol don't make me laugh. You people don't have a clue what is really out there but you will found out the hard way.
Am sure you haven't been to airport talkless of travelling out of this shit hole, leave anyone that want to japa, it's not your money.
Keep believing in Nigeria!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / Talent Is Better Than Education / Nurse Sacked For Preaching To Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.