Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Davido :bad Management - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido :bad Management (427 Views)

Is Davido Bad? (2) (3) (4)

Davido :bad Management by Kingofmusic: 12:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
It is now common knowledge that Wizkid and Davido have proven themselves to be legends in the history of Nigerian music; breaking records and setting paces for other artistes. But today I will be looking at David's management�.

Davido stepped into the global industry with his smash tune;Fall in 2017�. Fall,which began the streaming era for Nigerian music made a lot of waves back in 2017,winning a lot of "First Nigerian song to..." for itself. It marked the beginning of David's conquer of the world❤️. After Fall was done ravaging the world,Davido got an handful of features;one with A Boogie with the Hoodie,Pop Smoke,Normani and so many international acts�️. Although most of these songs didn't do up to par commercially,it still revealed how fast the Afrobeats singer had grown and developed�.

However,the management of this superstar in my own opinion,needs a crucial overhaul as the management of an artiste is very important to his development �. Yes,Asa Asika has been with Davido since the inception of his music career❤️ and it wouldn't really make sense for Davido to leave him behind�. But the truth is,the Davido in 2012 or 2014 is not the Davido of 2022. He has grown from the guy who was inspired to a source of inspiration to other artistes;from a local champion to a global superstar. Yes he might not be doing some of the things his peers and juniors are doing but his growth and legacy in the industry can not certainly be denied�.

Now the question is,as Davido is growing,is his management growing As Davido is expanding his discography and influence,is Asika expanding his managerial skills?Is Asika familiar with the way the US and other European markets work? Is he familiar with the basics and pros of the global industry?�. To be very honest,having a perfect branding is very important for an artiste�. You can't give Buju's branding to Rema and expect him to do well�. I remember when Justin Bieber came into limelight,he was branded as a man whose mother was all over him,as a boy who believed in Jesus and most importantly,as Usher's protege ❤️. The last two ones were the most vital boosts to his career. However,after some years,JB rebranded and trust me,it was a woeful rebranding cos he branded himself as a Rap Star which turned everyone's backs towards him�. I don't know if anyone remembers how JB was the most hated artiste at some point in his career but this is what I'm trying to explain here�.

Davido is now a global musician now and his brand should be based on that foundation �,not some philanthropy stuffs�. Yes it's good to be good but bro,most of my men who love Davido love him because he's a good man and not because of his music. This might be a setback to his career,it might not be obvious at first cos he dominates local markets but being the international artiste he is,he should be among the names doing the big things in the industry right now �. It really hurts to see people slowly leaving Davido outta most convos these days�.

But I'm not blaming him,I'm speaking about his poor management now�. Take for example his biggest album; A Good Time. AGT was best poised to do the things that MIL and AG did based on sales and charts but there were mistakes in the planning on this album. First,it was stat-padded. What I mean is that the numbers of the album were inflated because of the old songs that were added to the album. AGT was high on streams but still couldn't debut the BB 200 chart�. Why? Most of its streams around the time it was dropped came from the past. I actually blame his management and his record label for this. Secondly,an huge album like that was engineered by Dremo�. You're aiming for the biggest world markets and your album is being engineered by a Nigerian producer�His management should've known better. Davido could've turned down payola (which isn't even entirely true) but this has no business with the engineering the album. Burnaboy's Grammy winning album was engineered by Diddy and MIL �was engineered by Dr Dre. But David's album was engineered by Dremo�. You might be thinking what engineering has to do with the album's success but if you watch an interview Damian Marley did,you'll hear when he said one of the vital things in an album is the engineering of such album. It's a poor reasoning in my opinion to leave such an album into the hands of someone like Dremo. I ain't discrediting him but David's stance as a GOAT was important and that should come first for you as his manager.

Recently,Enisa said she was supposed to perform at the 02 with Davido. She even said she would be excited to do so but she hasn't received any update from his manager yet�. Wizkid bringing the artistes he brought to the 02 last year was not his efforts alone; his manager did most of these things!

David has a team but they are mostly Nigerians. Wizkid also has a Nigerian manager but Jada P does the most as per she has more outreach than Sunday Are. Davido can also do this; it doesn't mean he's sidelining Asa Asika. He's just upping his game�. If you will permit,I'll like to digress into football for a while. There was someone who said Pochettino can't handle the star-studded PSG he was entrusted with and that is true. For a manager who barely plays with the players he's offered, managing a star-studded PSG is too big of a task. It's the same for Asa Asika and Davido�. Davido is now a global superstar,his management should upgrade �.

Not that Asa is not trying,of course Davido has many big endorsement deals and none of them happens behind his back but there are some areas of his career that need to be touched too�. I come in peace ☮️
©2022
#copyright
-Emerald
Re: Davido :bad Management by Kingofmusic: 12:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
Its not a bad thing to have an international plug who understands the global market
Re: Davido :bad Management by SniperSmurf(m): 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
Wetin this one dey talk?

Music From Hell / How To Improve Your Stage Presence As A Lead Singer. / Wizkid Set To Collaborates With King Sunny Ade .