Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,362 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:09 PM

My Plan To Relocate To Uk - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Plan To Relocate To Uk (53430 Views)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by OLORIPAPA: 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
Bro u are the only one that can assure urself,anything is possible if you do a thorough ground work...U can even earn more in the UK.If U have a vision don't seek for validation,go get it period (an excerpt from the movie"the pursuit for happiness")
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Selfmotivated: 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
Life in UK is very expensive couple with costly accommodation and high billings for utilities. My advice is that you should look for other countries in Europe like Germany, Canada, Luxembourg, Ireland. U.S is also a cool country
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ednut1(m): 7:27pm On Feb 21, 2022
eluquenson:
That's a bllody lie, i am currently in UK and life is well here.

You earn what you do, people in UK will surely understand my statements better.

No amenities in Nigeria, but here you get everything you pay for.

Anyone that feels leaving Nigeria is the best for him should do now.

I am here as a student and i know what i have earned within a short period. Shortage or no shortage, there are different means of getting cash.

Note: follow who KNOW ROAD
we are not talking about now but after. After graduation and post work visa what next Compared to the op who has 1.5m monthly already . But like I said Nigeria is hell already
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by phemmyfour: 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am in urgent need of your advice on a decision I am about to make that could shape my life and my young family in about few months from now.

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK? What happens to my businesses I already built up in Naija? What happens to my properties here in naija?

Your advice will be of great help at this critical decision making moment of my life. Thank you
It's a risky one

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by therajah: 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
adonainana:

£4,000 a month; (after taxation ) is the equivalent of £80,000 a year in the Uk, even some white British born CEOS don’t earn that much

Your friend needs to tell you the truth
4000 x 12 is 48,000 sir
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by therajah: 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
Ibk2020:

Ok accepted, you self go there and let see if you can earn same amount
Lol
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Oppy2k2: 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
Pls stay to monitor your business and grow it. it is not always greener at the other end.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by BigBashiru: 7:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am in urgent need of your advice on a decision I am about to make that could shape my life and my young family in about few months from now.

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK? What happens to my businesses I already built up in Naija? What happens to my properties here in naija?

Your advice will be of great help at this critical decision making moment of my life. Thank you

Inferiority complex and colonial brainwashing has eaten deep into the heart and mind of Africans.

There's nothing in the UK.

Nigeria is actually better.

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by BigBashiru: 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
ednut1:
we are not talking about now but after. After graduation and post work visa what next Compared to the op who has 1.5m monthly already . But like I said Nigeria is hell already

Nigeria is not hell just that Nigerians talk down the country all the time....

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by herbert2017: 7:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
Have u read about David Ricardo theory of cost advantage:it states that a country permit me to add an individual should specialized in the production of goods and services they have comparative cost advantage on. That is to say,u know ur business well in Nigeria,why not put more efforts in making it more advanced,add new ideas,like making it look like a chain stores.
Dump the idea of relocating to the UK,I will advice you, forget about UK now. Time Will come when you will travel to any country of your choice for vacation not for making money. 08038033055
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by pappilo(m): 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
damola1:

The Uber driver who carried me while in Uk in June said he makes average of £1k weekly

na lie him dey lie! £52k per year? I dagger belle!
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by sisisioge: 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
Aunty.....if your intention is just to acquire that UK education for better opportunity, you can do that without leaving the country. There are several international schools now offering offsite study centres and online schooling. Please look into that to get exactly what you want while still staying to run your business and home. Good luck.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
naijaclass:
MOD will just carry irrelevant topics to the front page, most of this stories are just to bring unnecessary conversations , they are not true, how can someone who says he earns 1.5m monthly still want to go to UK to look for job. Is there any sense in this post?

Bros, I wonder. He owns the business not like he is working for someone probably he is scared of being sacked.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
BigBashiru:

Nigeria is not hell just that Nigerians talk down the country all the time....

Some Nigerians are enjoying the country.

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by pappilo(m): 7:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
therajah:

4000 x 12 is 48,000 sir

He said after tax i.e. taxman go collect £32,000 inside the £80K

If me I see Uber job that will pay me £52k before tax, I go quit my day job.

In this same London there are Nigerians earning £500/day as contractors mostly in the IT sector, Business Analysts, Test Engineers, Project Managers e.t.c. so it is possible to live well above average too

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by LyfeJennings(m): 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
HeadNigga:
Wow!!! Give me 700k per month and I won't leave this country for anybody. Na we get am. Nigeria sweet only if you get money.

I swear
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
planetx:
Fake story, UK indeed. The guy probably has never seen 1 million total in his life

If possible, there is a family I know who have two houses in different states; living in one(duplex) and the other is given out for rent. He has businesses and he is doing well. Just last week, he was selling everything, the son told me they are relocating to the UK.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Goztino(m): 7:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK? What happens to my businesses I already built up in Naija? What happens to my properties here in naija

Hmmmm.
Well, before I give you my own advice as someone close to the UK, I would like to know your age and the course you want to go in for in the UK
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Anny4me: 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

no point in going there to stay instead try and take ur family on vacation sometimes. And better still while not help any of ur siblings to go while u make ur steady money here
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by bigtoff123: 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
Well pray and ask God what to do because you really need wisdom this time around 3and half plot of farm land is here location ede price 2m for serious buyer only it has a small building for rearing of animals call/chat me up on 09036900881
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by BigBashiru: 7:58pm On Feb 21, 2022
BiggyB242:

Some Nigerians are enjoying this countries. Only online you see people screaming.

Nigeria is sweet.... but there is a problem of insecurity that needs to be urgently addressed that's all
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
Some questions for you (apologies if already answered, as the thread don get wings)

1. N1.5M a month and what is your take home after expenses?

2. This is roughly about £3000 in the UK before taxes and bills. How big is your family, as this plays a great part in how much you will pay for living expenses?

3. Do you have a marketable skill/s, such as IT, Business Analysis, Project Management, etc, that will ensure you're able to get into the high paying jobs in a very short time?

4. Do you have a good circle of friends in the UK who can point you in the right direction once you land? E no easy o. If you meet with those who are not in these fields, they will struggle to guide you in the direction you need to go, as it's not a road they've travelled before.

My advice, if you still think you need to travel, especially for the future of your family, don't abandon the business in Naija. E no easy to get one for Naija now wey dey generate this kain money. Arrange to monitoring it regularly in person o, but ensure that your madam has a skill she can convert into a high paying job as soon as she gets here, so it eases the financial burden on your family, leaving you more time to keep an eye on things back home and implement the expansion plans you have.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Chigorkizz(m): 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by komodapson(m): 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
ednut1:
There is no guarantee you will get job after graduation. If your occupation is not in shortage list in uk you are likely to get frustrated. Alot of Nigerians rushing to school in uk will learn soon. But hey nigeria is hell already

So how we wan come run am now...it seems we are in between a rock & a hard place.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Skidee: 8:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
Message me, if you need a trustworthy person to help you manage the business for a certain period.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Naijabad: 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Newboss:
It's not about how much you make in Nigeria.

This country is too volatile. Give yourself a chance by emigrating from Nigeria. Move to a sane society and build a life for yourself and your generation. Five years outside Nigeria is better than 20 years in Nigeria.

It's about the stability and sanity of the country, not about how much you make.

It's the same when it comes to job. Job security is more valuable than salary.

Follow this advice and you will be fine.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by DEMARCO1: 8:12pm On Feb 21, 2022
My advice..Stay here in Nigeria..expand your business..travel back and forth to different countries for vacation..Set a plan to turn your business to an international conglomerate where you can operate from anywhere..If you wanna study..register online..
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Senatorbng(m): 8:16pm On Feb 21, 2022
Stay put op and watch yourself turn to a mega millionaire in the next 5 years. Then you can send your children abroad with your money and be travelling and visiting as you wish. Naija sweet if you get money.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by sholex020: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
Send me your number...i have 5million naira now and i am looking for a business to invest into...
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by frog12: 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2022
don't mind them. the only difference is you no go see muddy road and open gutters

BigBashiru:

Inferiority complex and colonial brainwashing has eaten deep into the heart and mind of Africans.

There's nothing in the UK.

Nigeria is actually better.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by shege45: 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

bro don’t do it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Couple Seen Perching On The Bumper Of A Danfo Bus In Lagos. / Fire Guts Lagos Blue Rail Station / Wreckage Of A Plane That Crashed In Canada And Everyone Survived (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.