Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) (44827 Views)

More Universities React To Viral "Fake Professor's List" / ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension / NUC Gives Approval For 3 More Universities In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by BigDawsNet: 8:48am On Feb 22, 2022
TheLasyBuddha:

There are jobs you would work and they pay in cash, especially in social care. Na you and your employer go talk.

I'm not saying it's not possible...

It's illegal...
You get caught! It may affect your status as a student...

If u like...dey wash dead body ... It most not pass 20hr/w
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by hotseat: 8:49am On Feb 22, 2022
Universities on strike in the UK?

Whata gwan?
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by 8stargeneral: 8:49am On Feb 22, 2022
Their strike won't be like ASUU own...since creation of Nigeria ASUU has been on strike..their strike won't last for long
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by BigDawsNet: 8:50am On Feb 22, 2022
erico2k2:

See Un wey be advisers ahah, All Uni are private by default, they are almost self funded!

Well I believe private is different from private

Example
The University of Law.
University of Buckingham.
Regent's University London.
St Mary's University.
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.

I see them dodging the strike

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Golan007: 8:50am On Feb 22, 2022
RandyOku:
A VERY USELESS COUNTRYgrin

Everything happening in NIGERIA today is a MIRROR PICTURE of UKgrin

Where in UK have you lived?
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by BigDawsNet: 8:51am On Feb 22, 2022
Fadafada231:

As in eh, I was telling my junior bro to seek admission in covenant University, I want to see him graduate before 20yrs. All this strike no be here oh

If you can sponsor him financially... It's the best advice and decision for his age

1 Like

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Enemyofpeace: 8:52am On Feb 22, 2022
What ASUU cannot contaminate does not exist
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by erico2k2(m): 8:53am On Feb 22, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Well I believe private is different from private

Example
The University of Law.
University of Buckingham.
Regent's University London.
St Mary's University.
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.

I see them dodging the strike
Name one government University in the UK.They are just funded not for profit and Employ their own staff who are not civil servants.

1 Like

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Enemyofpeace: 8:53am On Feb 22, 2022
Golan007:

Where in UK have you lived?
I’ve lived in Chicago
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by BigDawsNet: 8:54am On Feb 22, 2022
erico2k2:

Name one governent University in the UK

University of Oxford
University of Cambridge embarassed

1 Like

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by erico2k2(m): 8:56am On Feb 22, 2022
BigDawsNet:

University of Oxford
University of Cambridge embarassed
You watch 2much TV, so ask yourself why their staff are not Civil servant? You lot just assume
jst cos their names are attributed to names of towns you think Public owns them

1 Like

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by UnimkeAk(m): 8:57am On Feb 22, 2022
JooEeL:
APC GOVERNMENT WILL WAKE UP NOW AND SAY, YOU SEE THERE IS STRIKE IN UK.

SO DON'T COMPLAIN IF THERE IS STRIKE IN ZOO UNIVERSITIES FOR MULTIPLE YEARS.
We agree Nigeria is a Zoo,
And u're in that zoo caged..
What does that make you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by kafeii123: 8:57am On Feb 22, 2022
sirqeeboi:
Nigeria universities
Ghana universities
Now UK universities.

It's gathering storm small small.....e go soon reach America.. Australia and Europe... Na Chinese and Asians nor get time to look anybody face
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by BigDawsNet: 8:57am On Feb 22, 2022
erico2k2:

You watch 2much TV, so ask yourself why their staff are not Civil servant? You lot just assume

Are you kidding? I don't even have time for TV

Hmmm DR erico2k2 can you educate me about the educational system of the United Kingdom
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 22, 2022
Vulcanheph:
I just pity the nigerian students that think that they've escaped ASUU by moving to UK not knowing that they'll experience Strike too. grincheesygrin.

I won't be surprised if our yeye FG will make a statement like this "The U.k. universities are currently on strike, so it's ok for ours to also go on strike"
U garrit.. They are always looking for failures so they will have an excuse...but they will never talk about the good condition of others

1 Like

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by erico2k2(m): 8:58am On Feb 22, 2022
Fadafada231:

As in eh, I was telling my junior bro to seek admission in covenant University, I want to see him graduate before 20yrs. All this strike no be here oh
My younger brother graduated from there.Xtrimly expensive you can send him abroad to school pls do so.9ja Uni are and could be called waste of time.
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:59am On Feb 22, 2022
I keep asking myself, why is it that politicians no dey embark on strick?

1 Like

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Taiggarr: 8:59am On Feb 22, 2022
vastolord4:
This isn't gonna drag like ASSU.. shouldn't last past a week

It's been ongoing for 3weeks..

You need to travel out and see things yourself..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by PJ123: 8:59am On Feb 22, 2022
LordIsaac:
It is very wrong for any parastatal in Nigeria to earn more than the academia, because, it supplies the human capital to run these other parastatals.

That's a very wrong premise and a very spurious conclusion. We could as well say it's very wrong for University Lecturers to earn more than primary school teachers because they laid the foundation for pupils at very difficult ages. Without their foundation, University Lecturers cannot do anything.

Meanwhile, throughout the world, people in industry earn significantly more than lecturers. If you want to earn as much as people in industry, you quit and go to the industry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Golan007: 8:59am On Feb 22, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
I’ve lived in Chicago

How does this correlate?
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by lagdmark(m): 9:00am On Feb 22, 2022
UK enter one- chance with Brexit.
Post Brexit trauma is hitting UK from all areas.
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by erico2k2(m): 9:00am On Feb 22, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Are you kidding? I don't even have time for TV

Hmmm DR erico2k2 can you educate me about the educational system of the United Kingdom
Yes I can as I went to school in both UK and Nigeria. But from all indication I think your brain is locked and refuses to take in any new information to enhance your knowledge so I can pass.Cos it that was not the case, you would have seen the bit where it said University workers are not civil servants. No one who works in the Uni is a civil servant.

1 Like

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by zinosleek(m): 9:01am On Feb 22, 2022
ASUU for UK don strike too
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Taiggarr: 9:01am On Feb 22, 2022
Vulcanheph:
I just pity the nigerian students that think that they've escaped ASUU by moving to UK not knowing that they'll experience Strike too. grincheesygrin.

I won't be surprised if our yeye FG will make a statement like this "The U.k. universities are currently on strike, so it's ok for ours to also go on strike"

Your late WRETCHED ILLITERATE father is the yeye one..

Hungry ghetto kid!
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Premiumwriter: 9:01am On Feb 22, 2022
See them supporting their staffs? But over here, students feel ASUU is their enemy.

1 Like

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by erico2k2(m): 9:01am On Feb 22, 2022
NwaIgboBoy:
I keep asking myself, why is it that politicians no dey embark on strick?
ahahaha cos they are not civil servants aahah grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Taiggarr: 9:02am On Feb 22, 2022
Senomii:
Omo, this is really serious, wetin exactly dey happen

Buhari exported it to the UK.......

Is that fair enough

1 Like

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by erico2k2(m): 9:02am On Feb 22, 2022
Premiumwriter:
See them supporting their staffs? But over here, students feel ASUU is their enemy.
ASSU is their Enemy, what the reason for strikeare they not paid enoughIf ASSU staff are not paid when they go on strike will half of them strike for even one day??
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Tomilola360: 9:03am On Feb 22, 2022
chai. buharriiiii again!

he should just settle with this ppl in the UK and end the strike. grin

abi flat-heads grin
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Taiggarr: 9:03am On Feb 22, 2022
porthouse7:
ASU own na normal routine

University strikes in the UK are older than Naija..

You obviously haven't left your hamlet to be saying what you don't know..

1 Like

Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by Toks2008(m): 9:05am On Feb 22, 2022
Vulcanheph:

The question you should ask is "how often do UK universities go on strike"?
Re: Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) by naija4life247: 9:07am On Feb 22, 2022
Serendip:
In total, 68 universities nationwide are being hit with strike action in the UK over a number of issues including working conditions, pay and pension among others.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/education/sheffield-hallam-university-staff-join-strike-over-pay-and-working-conditions-3578521

Lie Mohammed is happy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What An American Twitted About Nigeria, Is It True? / Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) / What Course Can Someone With This WAEC Result Study?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.