Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music (32098 Views)

Why Has Davido Been Silent On Music Things [video] / Apply And Perform Then Cash Out On Music Concert / My First Album Didn’t Represent Me, Omotola Speaks On Music Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by ThatsONYI: 12:32am On Feb 22, 2022
shocked

After escaping from the NwaBoi apprenticeship asylum, I wanted to head back to school; but since I wasn't paid a penny - and it's been a long time I left school. I'm dropping the idea.

Don't get me wrong, it hurts but I got a lot on my shoulders. So I'm taking my time to build myself mentally, physically etc. I'm yet to fully recover from the crazy things, I went through. I wanna get my life back on track, make my family proud, and yeah, get to see my mom after 4 years.

I'm gonna turn 20 by March 28, so I'm tryna make a difference; spent all my late teen years trying to please these humans. I ended up burning my heart in this fire consuming this sinful world.

So I'm back, it doesn't matter how you fall but how you bounce back. When I die, I wanna die happy, knowing I lived for a reason. I don't care how long it takes, but I'ma make an impact through music.

Hell yeah, I'm broke but I just got a menial job to support myself. I'm also working on my sound, I love hip hop and I'ma make a change in this industry.

Guess what? I just hit the studio today and I'm dropping a crazy 5 minutes remix to Eminem Detroit Vs everybody, yeah it's crazy but I gotta vision.

My name is Onyi

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:34am On Feb 22, 2022
If that's what you want for yourself great..the fact that you focus is also great..
Hope you get to achieve your heart desires.. kiss

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by suffering: 12:34am On Feb 22, 2022
Happy Birthday in advance.

13 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by ThatsONYI: 12:39am On Feb 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
If that's what you want for yourself great..the fact that you focus is also great..
Hope you get to achieve your heart desires.. kiss

shocked

Appreciate you.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by ThatsONYI: 12:39am On Feb 22, 2022
suffering:
Happy Birthday in advance.

shocked

Thanks, big G.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Lightway: 12:51am On Feb 22, 2022
ThatsONYI:
shocked

After escaping from the NwaBoi apprenticeship asylum, I wanted to head back to school; but since I wasn't paid a penny - and it's been a long time I left school. I'm dropping the idea.

Don't get me wrong, it hurts but I got a lot on my shoulders. So I'm taking my time to build myself mentally, physically etc. I'm yet to fully recover from the crazy things, I went through. I wanna get my life back on track, make my family proud, and yeah, get to see my mom after 4 years.

I'm gonna turn 20 by March 28, so I'm tryna make a difference; spent all my late teen years trying to please these humans. I ended up burning my heart in this fire consuming this sinful world.

So I'm back, it doesn't matter how you fall but how you bounce back. When I die, I wanna die happy, knowing I lived for a reason. I don't care how long it takes, but I'ma make an impact through music.

Hell yeah, I'm broke but I just got a menial job to support myself. I'm also working on my sound, I love hip hop and I'ma make a change in this industry.

Guess what? I just hit the studio today and I'm dropping a crazy 5 minutes remix to Eminem Detroit Vs everybody, yeah it's crazy but I gotta vision.

My name is Onyi

Onyi go to school or study an online course.

Copywriting, programming, writing, graphic design

77 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by ThatsONYI: 1:15am On Feb 22, 2022
Lightway:

Onyi go to school or study an online course.

Copywriting, programming, writing, graphic design

shocked

I can't afford it sir, what you're about to witness is what I call "speaking life into existence".

And yessir, I got plans for programming and online stuff. Thanks alot, I appreciate.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by ThatsONYI: 1:18am On Feb 22, 2022
shocked

Honestly, mods; I think someone out there might need this.

Can this get the privilege of hitting Nairaland front-page? Whichever way, all good.

Even though, I'm not that active on social media (I will improve); I wanna let y'all know I'm active on YouTube, Facebook, WhatsApp, I G and tik tok.

Going hard, soonest.

Modified; I just found out, my post hit the front-page; honestly I'm overwhelmed with joy. I appreciate the mods, and everyone; I'm still at work. I'ma take my time to reply to all the mentions and comments, I appreciate y'all.

Here's my personal fb account created specially for my family https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100078537756668

And this is my email address, sir/ma sweetmusictv ejeonyi@gmail.com. I no longer have access to the former, thank you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Moeman: 7:31am On Feb 22, 2022
we're on the same train bro

5 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by smatt1711: 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
I will give you the advice I will give myself if I can reverse back to your age

1) Enrol into any higher instution preferably a University, Choose a course that won't be demanding like Sociology or Education courses
2) still engage in your music career, make friends, befriends music students, visit campus music facilities and learn one or 2
3) find other students with like mind, you can form a band group, attend campus competition, drop campus singles, Use campus radio station.
4) you just said you don't have money, campus will help your career with least available capital, it will give you good friendships and networking and finally it will give you a degree just in case... Because later in life you will realize that as you de reason am now no be so E be....

174 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Cmanforall: 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
Don't

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by NwaNimo1(m): 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
.....&tomorrow you will quit music to focus on yahoo yahoo.

[img]https://media1./images/8449c89b2a5a67af4d98b99a8e403eee/tenor.gif?itemid=21379361[/img]

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Simdyofficial(f): 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
Make I tell op?

3 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by McOluOmo: 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
Big ups dude
I wish the best
Go and make Daddy proud

Don't forget that.....
Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

12 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Damidave1124(m): 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
Whatever you're planning to do, don't drop outa school.

8 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Father4all: 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
ThatsONYI:
shocked

My name is Onyi Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Emmypure: 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
Why did you run away after spending four years?

5 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by vincentjk(m): 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
Some people dropped from school then joined music and ended up blowing

Some people also dropped from school in order to sing and make name and money but it unfortunately didn't work out for them, they ended up flopping.

A few still mixed both and it was a success. What worked for Mr A might not work for Mr B

Destiny differs.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Ayemileto(m): 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
Firstly, going to school won't stop you from building your music career. In fact, some artists started their music careers from their school campuses.

Secondly, you said you don't have the financial capacity to sponsor yourself to school. So how do you plan to sponsor or push your music? Or you think you won't need money? shocked

Thirdly, what if you didn't succeed eventually in music, what next? For every successful musicians you see out there, there are many others who failed, and in as much as you're hoping to succeed in the Industry, you can also fail miserably. smiley

Well, I can't tell you what to do or what not to do. but in whatever you do, don't put all your eggs in one basket shocked

ThatsONYI:

shocked

I can't afford it sir, what you're about to witness is what I call "speaking life into existence".

You want to speak your music career into existence, but can't speak your education into existence using the same energy. shocked grin

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Midas01: 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by tiswell(m): 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
I hope you aren't high on some cheap drugs

6 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Siwisheswereesh: 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2022

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by polite2(m): 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
H

1 Like

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Jackanda1(m): 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
The music industry is very difficult. Surely, you don't want to waste money and stay upcoming for years.

Most of the circular music stars you see today are involved in one 'science and the other'.
Is that the part you want to follow?

5 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by iCauseTrouble: 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
I don't know why artistes all wanna quit school when school can be the easiest route for them to stardom.
I was involved in social activities in my final year. Fire Boy DML and Chinko Ekun were both freshers then and were always performing in departmental and faculty shows. The rest is history today and they are both graduates now.
The competition in the real world is tight and school is the easiest way to promote your work if truly you are good at it.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by Realhommie(m): 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
Well, it depends on how much self belief you've got in your abilities and talent. And then, you're going to need luck. I wish you luck.

Reminds me of my late talented little bro. Same day he messaged me of his plans to quit school and focus strictly on his music career was same day he died from robbery attack. He was 19 and in Pre-degree at Delsu. Rest in peace "Eldee J"..

13 Likes

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by jiz: 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
To everything there is time and purpose. May the Lord guide you in fulfilling your purpose. I will suggest that you should use education as part of the tools in fulfilling your music career because talent alone is not enough

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by FuckDModz: 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
Owu never sound you.

Anyway, we shall see.
Re: Quiting My School Plans To Focus On Music by fasho01(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
I wish you all the best. Its your life, live it how it pleases you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Drummer Or Keyboadist/pianist In Nigeria ? / Who Is The Hottest Female Rapper In Nigeria? / Davido - “Fia” (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.