Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:58 PM

DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit (22271 Views)

How Bad Is Second Class Lower Division In The Labour Market? / Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With Second Class Lower? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Omihanifa: 4:29am On Feb 22, 2022
A former student of the Delta State University, Abraka, Mr Thaddeus Ifeanyi, has dragged the institution before the National Human Rights Commission over the low grade awarded to him at the completion of his academic programme.

In a letter addressed to the Coordinator, National Human Rights Commission, Asaba, Delta State, the ex-student alleged irregularities in the computing of his results.

Ifeanyi, a 31-year-old graduate of Sociology with matriculation number FSS/10/11/183959 told our correspondent on Monday that the varsity robbed him of his marks.

He said, “I graduated in the 2013/2014 academic session. The university claimed that I graduated with less than 3.0 CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average), which is Second Class Lower, but I strongly believe that I graduated with Second Class Upper.

My grouse with the university is that I strongly believe that there was an error in the computation of my CGPA. I am not convinced that the result they gave me is correct; but all my efforts to get it corrected have proved abortive.

“I have followed and observed due process enough; I am filing a suit in court against the university. I want to seek judiciary intervention. The petition to the human rights commission will not be the last. After this, if I do not get justice, I will drag them to court.

“I have told a team of lawyers to prepare the suit against the university. I am waiting for human rights commission to conclude its intervention.

“First, we approached Sociology Department and requested to see the marked 400-level scripts in question and the HOD, Sociology Department, said the immediate past vice chancellor took my scripts away.

“The vice chancellor, on the receipt of my protest letter, ordered for my scripts, together with the marking guide and sent them for re-marking. After the re-marking was over, the university didn’t communicate me on the outcome.

“I have written to the school, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, Speaker of the Delta State House Assembly, but nothing was done to correct the injustice done to me.”

The Vice Chancellor of the university, Prof. Andy Egwunyenga, had told our correspondent that he was not aware of the matter.

He said, “An issue of a student’s results is an internal matter of the university; it is not a public matter. I have not received any petition. When I do, I will forward it to the senate of the institution.”

https://punchng.com/delsu-graduate-rejects-second-class-lower-result-threatens-lawsuit/

8 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nobody: 4:33am On Feb 22, 2022
This one doesnot really understand the university system and the courts. he will spend another 15years hanging waiting for the judgement. And they will rule in favor of the university

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nobody: 4:43am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:
This one doesnot really understand the university system and the courts. he will spend another 15years hanging waiting for the judgement. And they will rule in favor of the university

Not necessarily. Most times, schools do not like their name being dragged on social media, that alone would trigger them to act on the issue.

Nobody deserves to suffer for an institution's mistake. Public universities always expect students to accept whatever they throw at them, that's pretty unfair...

186 Likes 8 Shares

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by squash47(m): 4:43am On Feb 22, 2022
Wetin dey worry this one sef

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nobody: 4:45am On Feb 22, 2022
Loewe:

Not necessarily. Most times, schools do not like their name being dragged on social media, that alone would trigger them to act on the issue.

Nobody deserves to suffer for an institution's mistake. Public universities always expect students to accept whatever they throw at them, that's pretty unfair...

most schools like...?. how many lawsuits are universities into? i know its unfair.. i will only advice him to accept his result and move on

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 4:53am On Feb 22, 2022
Nah person wey get money dey follow sch dey drag

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Freestainworld(m): 5:10am On Feb 22, 2022
Maybe the guy's family is made already, if Na hungry graduate, e go just collect result, Waka

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Ever8090: 5:12am On Feb 22, 2022
It was not actually an error but the system we operate in our country..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:46am On Feb 22, 2022
Only God can help the poor guy in his case with the university. Human help alone will not get him much rewards.If he is truly sure of his claim, he should bring the case before God,and watch how He will turn everything around to his favour.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Walkee: 8:24am On Feb 22, 2022
Which one is "I believe"?
Don't you know your scores in all the courses you did?
Go and calculate you idiot. I knew my exact cgpa immediately they released our final year results. It's very easy to calculate dumb students always say, "they did not give me first class etc" nobody gives you first class, you get first class. Calculate your results and stop being a nuisance

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Mumusaphire: 8:40am On Feb 22, 2022
They need to do d needful,so they won't waste innocent man time
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by loadedvibes: 8:40am On Feb 22, 2022
Wahala. This is nice.. Nigeria universities are just something else. They are no different from the Nigeria police they act however they like without impunity

4 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Nonexisting: 8:40am On Feb 22, 2022
Sociology? angry Even if they end up giving you first class in that yeye course, wetin you wan use the certificate do for this weyrey country now?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by kingphilip(m): 8:41am On Feb 22, 2022
Why did he wait till this time after 8-9 years before all this?

Atleast make lawyers chop him money small sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by dettolgel: 8:41am On Feb 22, 2022
Probably was "carrying shoulder" up in school and boasting among his peers. Shame no gree am collect him 2.2.

My advice to him don't waste your money and time collect it and if he really wants to further he should go for a MSc out the country and strive to make whatever grade he feels he deserves.

He can always turn things around rather than fighting a lost battle.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by TempUser: 8:41am On Feb 22, 2022
grin

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Golan007: 8:42am On Feb 22, 2022
He should have provided the scores he knows he got.
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by sanmtiago(m): 8:42am On Feb 22, 2022
sad That university doesn’t care about your grade. The same thing happened to me, and I’m still fighting to get mine corrected.

5 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Great0ne1: 8:43am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:

most schools like...?. how many lawsuits are universities into? i know its unfair.. i will only advice him to accept his result and move on
Rubbish! This is the kind of mentality that has kept us where we are today

23 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by rockles: 8:43am On Feb 22, 2022
Cool
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by YANDE800(m): 8:43am On Feb 22, 2022
The guy might be right about his grades because some universities in Nigeria can sell you final grade to someone else and change the grade you initially saw on the board or website.. Corruption is too much in this country.. It's well

2 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by tnerro1(m): 8:44am On Feb 22, 2022
Correct guy, people should learn how to sue people more, it will help set precedents in a lot of things. My cousin that fell into a manhole in Maryland Texas sue the council and was paid with plenty Abeg self. Now the made sure a department was created to make sure there were no uncovered manholes in the area

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by alizma: 8:44am On Feb 22, 2022
Hisbah21:
Provided he gets justice at the end, it will help prevent such delay in response in the future. Some people sacrifice for whatever you are enjoying today. Kudos to the guy.

20 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by inoki247: 8:45am On Feb 22, 2022
lol
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by MorolayoVictor(m): 8:46am On Feb 22, 2022
I like his courage.

5 Likes

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by alizma: 8:46am On Feb 22, 2022
Loewe:

Already, the vice Chancellor voice can be heard in the issue.

1 Like

Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by excomarow(m): 8:46am On Feb 22, 2022
E
Re: DELSU: Thaddeus Ifeanyi Rejects Second Class Lower Result, Threatens Lawsuit by Creditalerts: 8:46am On Feb 22, 2022
grin

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am / Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! / The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.