Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:11 PM

Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education (6086 Views)

Before You Send Your Daughter Or Sister To A University In Ghana, Must Read / Do You Need A University Education To Be Smart And Intelligent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Ndipe(m): 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2011
Gbenge 77:

The crucial word here is the green card which guarantees her American citizenship provided she maintains that status for five years.Why would the fella miss out on such a huge opportunity?

I wonder!
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 27, 2011
Gone are the days where you should fear schooling in naija.

There are some good schools there now.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by phuckNL: 1:29am On Jun 28, 2011
^^^^^^
Replace "there now" in your last sentence with "here now" and maybe people will believe you.
You no stay there, u come dey advise another person make e stay dere,
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 28, 2011
^^ Of course a constant negative/complaining person will also have things to complain about the schools here too.

We ARE talking about [b]private [/b]schools in naija and by that measure there are many good ones there.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Thereishel: 2:38am On Jun 28, 2011
Let the poor girl go and get her green card and jet out to USA for her education. American education is the best in the world with their great technology that is why they are world power. You would get government grant and after your education expenses you would have like 30% in pocket for your pocket money. Anyone can make comment but i am telling you from experience. When i was in high school in Naija i was 2nd best student in a total of 5 classes but was unable to go to university in naija because my parent are poor. When i came to the USA with green card even though i was the best student in Maths but here in USA university, i was like 3rd to the worst in their class in maths. Which high school in naija you want to compare with USA high school? Naija is way way behind. When they rank best 100 university in the world no naija university hit the list whereas many univ. in USA were in the list. Eventually i picked up and i hold a masters in engineering in USA university now. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by stunna2(m): 3:26am On Jun 28, 2011
Thereishel:

Let the poor girl go and get her green card and jet out to USA for her education. American education is the best in the world with their great technology that is why they are world power. You would get government grant and after your education expenses you would have like 30% in pocket for your pocket money. Anyone can make comment but i am telling you from experience. When i was in high school in Naija i was 2nd best student in a total of 5 classes but was unable to go to university in naija because my parent are poor. When i came to the USA with green card even though i was the best student in Maths but here in USA university, i was like 3rd to the worst in their class in maths. Which high school in naija you want to compare with USA high school? Naija is way way  behind. When they rank best 100 university in the world no naija university hit the list whereas many univ. in USA were in the list. Eventually i picked up and i hold a masters in engineering in USA university now. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank u 4 saying the truth and congratulations on ur personal achievements in education!
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Nobody: 5:08am On Jun 28, 2011
Our private universities are nothing but frauds.The high school fees that students pay in nigerian private univs are not worth it.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Teechantelz: 8:41am On Jun 28, 2011
I think d person shd ignore d aunt's advice. A gud mother ll neva tell d child to do wot is wrong n tell d child to do it neither ll d mother's family. Thou, some pvt unis r gud n recognized bt y leave green card 4 woteva reason. If d child's bad pvt uni ll not necessarily change dat. So go 4 d green card b/4 u become permanently ur aunt's machine ere in Nigeria.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by agitator: 11:05am On Jun 28, 2011
kalokalo:

First off, we don't seem to understand that a minimum wage job isn't a job for family men and women with dependents. Even if it is, a person earning minimum wage has no business having 3 kids. If only we realize that we have it relatively good compared to those abroad

In the US, people go to college thru financial aid, scholarships, loans and many people work full/part time doing odd jobs to survive college. How many Nigerians in naija are willing to do security guard, wash cars, tutor or just do anything legit to pay for school? I did and I paid my way thru school in addition to loans and financial aid. How can we value naija education when it didn't cost us blood? We have bursary in Naija and federal and state scholarship boards.  

master you went to a country that you are not an indigene and received financial aid. Yet you are advising somebody to stay put where indigenous people can't get financial aids and loans. Why did you go out? You should have remained in 9ja na if e easy undecided people like una plenty for 9ja always don't want people to be like them, the exclusive club for elites angry angry angry

Where you asked to provide local government identification certificate(letter) duly signed by your local government chairman after recognition by a traditional ruler?
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Gladmama(f): 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2011
Let them allow the child to go to america if she has finished her secondary school in 9ja, so she has a solid 9ja background which is good as she will be going to america the land of no one. All she should remember is to keep the good work that her sponsors did, she too should do good for people, it is a rewarding thing to do.

Pls on the other hand, the Ayo Babalola uni buildings are so morden and stunning, but why the name Ayo Babalola, The name is so offputting and unprofessional; is he a local man that has money that he does not know how to sell his university to the whole world?. What a name to call a University! It is not compulsory that my name be in front of my business, it is tacky and and limiting; my charity organisation helps a lot of students, (you'll be hearing about it later), I did not call it my name, I called it somename that indicates to people the services we provide, that is a sensible thing to do. I would love to manage that UNi for him and transform it to the developed world Standard.
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by seedord247(m): 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2011
I'd prefer her to study in naija bcus my frnd had a BSC in Computer science @ Lasu and does not know what they call a web browser. grin grin grin
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 29, 2011
^^ mo gbe oo shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by ayinba1(f): 4:42am On Jun 30, 2011
seedord247:

I'd prefer her to study in naija bcus my frnd had a BSC in Computer science @ Lasu and does not know what they call a web browser. grin grin grin

Rich! grin
Re: Private University In Nigeria Vs Usa University Education by iragbijile: 4:52am On Jun 30, 2011
seedord247:

I'd prefer her to study in naija bcus my frnd had a BSC in Computer science @ Lasu and does not know what they call a web browser.  grin grin grin

Maybe that is the only part they forgot to teach him? grin

I bet he knows how to use email extractors.

gbe'le pawo  wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boy Of 13 Becomes A Dad! / What Are Your Views On Retirement Care Homes / Old Peoples Homes? / My Neighbour (female) Sleeps With Light On Every Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.