Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) (88524 Views)

Ghastly Motor Accident At Alapere, Ketu This Morning (Photos) / Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by mmsen: 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2022
erniok:

Invariably, are you saying that without those looted funds plus interests held in their vaults, the west banks would have been crippled.

Well, even with all the stolen wealth they almost collapsed in 2008, how much worse would it have been without it?
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by Athemisia: 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
erniok:

Which silicon valley is reaping colonial spoils? See, accountability has really helped the west, they frown strongly on corruption unlike what we have here.

If they don't have strong institutions that deal with nasty issues that drag down the whole society, they wouldn't be where they are today.
True...
We Nigerians we far from getting it right.
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
BeardedmeatR:
Go and fly Nigeria airways nah cheesy

I’m sure it is criminal for airlines to jointly set a fixed price across board just like that.

Licence to fly is not license to exploit.

2 Likes

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by Great0ne1: 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nonpartisan1:
[s][/s]

Blame the greedy approach by the airlines. Is not better they reduce the price and carry more passengers, than flying empty crafts?
Opono! Always defending evil.

1 Like

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by majamajic(m): 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2022
BigBashiru:

U guys love justifying ur pain. Ride on! Keep defending thr airlines.

I booked ticket for someone today at 27500 , early booking
In nigeria late booking are very high

1 Like

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by Yankee101: 7:43pm On Feb 22, 2022
Good for them

No be madness now

We still take less than 100$ flights locally in the US where minimum wage is $15/hr for aviation workers
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by IbileIfe: 7:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nonpartisan1:
Meanwhile, flight from Copenhagen to London (Return Ticket) is 481.91 (DKK)Danish Krones which is about 30,500 Naira.

Oh, it's usually cheaper during holidays like Easter and Christmas. It was about 13K Naira plus during Christmas.

Nigeria is too expensive for a poor country.
Corruption rules in Corporate Nigeria powered by greed.
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by berryPee(m): 7:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
Anything that survives Buhari's touch is worth studying as a 5 unit course.
Rugaria:
Basically, Buhari is about to kill the airline industry too?
I hope you all know that these are jobs, businesses and investments that are about being decimated by a totally inebriated president, who doesn't know his left from his right. The soaring forex rates and the increasing cost of aviation fuel contributed to this. In all this, all the president is interested in, is "grazing routes" and his brothers in zinder and marada in Niger republic..

3 Likes

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by Bimpe29: 7:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nonpartisan1:
Meanwhile, flight from Copenhagen to London (Return Ticket) is 481.91 (DKK)Danish Krones which is about 30,500 Naira.

Oh, it's usually cheaper during holidays like Easter and Christmas. It was about 13K Naira plus during Christmas.

Things are truly awkward in this part of the world.
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by Sparkle777(f): 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

Your last paragraph tho... grin grin grin
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by Yankee101: 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
If an international low cost airline comes in now and take the market they'll start complaining

Price collusion is a crime

Know your rights Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by skj1377(m): 7:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
The guy is a fine boy am sure your boyfriend is ugly. Just Dm him and stop pretending
saphiere:
You would have posted the pics without showing your face.
That's show-off. Air travel isn't luxury anymore.

I'm not working yet but I spend more than 50k on hair, data and makeup every month.
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by chynergy1(m): 7:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
SamGryffindor:
I hope Airpeace won't cancel a ticket I booked at the old price for this?
That should amount to a breach of agreement right? Let me start looking for a lawyer if so ooo

they wont cancel. just flew 27500 yesterday. abj to phc
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by erniok(m): 7:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
mmsen:

Well, even with all the stolen wealth they almost collapsed in 2008, how much worse would it have been without it?

Would have, should have, could have. All assumptions.

They did return looted wealth that were mismanaged because no one would be severely penalized if it happens. That's why we are where we are today.

Former SA president was forced to turn himself in on corruption charges and that triggered waves of looting in that country.
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by erniok(m): 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
BigBashiru:

Western european savages colonized the native Indians are reaping the fruits today...
Colonization that happened years ago is what you're going on and on about. That was not your problem.
Rwanda went through a civil war years after colonization and they are doing well for themselves today. I really wonder what you'll say I the colonization happened like 20 years ago.

Deal with corruption and tribalism and see Africa explode economically.

1 Like

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by emmaodet: 8:04pm On Feb 22, 2022
BigBashiru:
I think Road travel is actually fine....

When air passenger volume decreases and their costs remain constant, many airlines will go out of business.....

Lol......... now road travel seems actually fine.
It is called Alternative forgone in economics.
A point where the price the favourite product or service crosses the elastic limit thereby people shying away from it for the second favoured product/service.
Many nigerians were used to eating only imported rice before but they have to forgo it for local rice now. Now it seems local rice is now sweet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by emmaodet: 8:06pm On Feb 22, 2022
Blackdisciple:
If it's a domestic flight then they are all thieves and that guy on the plane is also a thieve, and the rest of them who boarded the plane with the 50k thing are also thieves they should be joined with Abba kyari or Evans

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by joshuaidibia(m): 8:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

The worst is after paying the 50K, the idiots would only serve 10Cl of bottled water. What a fvck! sad

And biscuit. cheesy don't forget the biscuits. With AC that is at 70% working efficiency

3 Likes

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by pacespot(m): 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2022
Can someone confirm with Green Africa to know how much their airfare is, coz their site is still showing N16,500

1 Like

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by wealthtrak: 8:23pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nonpartisan1:
Just look at how empty a morning flight is. 50k! 100% increase in air ticket.

When I said the Airlines would suffer especially Green Africa, United Nigeria, aero contractors etc, if they went ahead to follow the bigger players in this price harmonization, people were attacking me..

Now see this grin grin
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by Idaytesj29(m): 8:26pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

The running cost involving imported aviation fuel, diesel to run offices, business taxes that does not consider the harsh business environment etc
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by shilefan2(m): 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

Lol, I knew this will be d end result....
Just got back to Lag from Abj and similar with the experience of the O.P?
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by mmsen: 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2022
erniok:

Would have, should have, could have. All assumptions.

They did return looted wealth that were mismanaged because no one would be severely penalized if it happens. That's why we are where we are today.

Former SA president was forced to turn himself in on corruption charges and that triggered waves of looting in that country.

I'm talking about wealth looted over several hundred years not the past couple of decades. tongue
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by Kccheechy(m): 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2022
Sokari29:

When will y'all corrupt Nigerians Start taking the blame instead of always blaming the government, let's be sincere here give an average Nigerian man the opportunity to make extra cash from a service he can render that can't be easily accessible by everyone n watch how he will try to cheat everybody that goes to his shop to seek his services..... deep down we all like taking advantage of the next person in order to enrich ourselves... Buhari is the president let's acknowledge that fact but he can't be everywhere at once your fellow Nigerians are contributing to the rate at which this country is going backward..... every small thing buhari this n that all these gullible Nigerians...
it is true that the average Nigeria is corruption personified. But i also believe that all it takes for Nigeria to be reset is to be ruled by a no-nonsense person. If we can have a president who will deal ruthlessly with any political official Found guilty of any corruption case, others will sit up. All it takes is just to use one person as a scapegoat. The capital punishment for corruption in China is death. Why can’t we do same here?? It can’t work here because corruption has eaten deep into the fabric of all areas of governing and government. even the process of electing a president is deeply embedded in corruption. I believe cleansing should start from the top. If and only if we can have a president who will surprise even the so-called cabals that brought him into power. Banditry, inflation, rising unemployment, stinking corruption, low value currency, Non stop borrowing, hunger and all happening at the same time under one man who is just there to fulfill an Islamic agenda and Nigerians still have not learnt their lesson. They are doing everything possible to install a lifeless drug baron as the next president.
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by Deltavariant(m): 8:30pm On Feb 22, 2022
Rugaria:
I hope you all know that these are jobs, businesses and investments that are about being decimated by a totally inebriated president, who doesn't know his left from his right. The soaring forex rates and the increasing cost of aviation fuel contributed to this. In all this, all the president is interested in, is "grazing routes" and his brothers in zinder and marada in Niger republic..
Just look at how ridiculous you sound, does the president have monopoly over rising aviation fuel prices. Tomorrow you will be hitting your chest that you've gone school but to think like a common SSCE holder is giving you problem. I pity you..
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by erniok(m): 8:36pm On Feb 22, 2022
mmsen:

I'm talking about wealth looted over several hundred years not the past couple of decades. tongue

Ohhh!!! Those ones you mean. Well, our G-boys don't help us repatriate them back finish. tongue
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by princy80(m): 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2022
saphiere:
You would have posted the pics without showing your face.
That's show-off. Air travel isn't luxury anymore.

I'm not working yet but I spend more than 50k on hair, data and makeup every month.

How you dey take do am Abeg? You dey pick the money? Abi you are in a well-paying relationship?

1 Like

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by Sheddy5(m): 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2022
shedy03:
I dey wait to see if the elites will come out to protest. lols
why do you steal my name?
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by Germi9: 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2022
Rugaria:
And his errand boy Amaechi is helping him achieve all this

2 Likes

Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 8:47pm On Feb 22, 2022
/
They can make it N100k. Stop patronizing their greed.

Only travel if it is really really really necessary.

/
Re: See How Empty, Morning Flight Was This Morning. (Photos) by Jeffy1206(m): 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
At least if plane crashes, the casualties go reduce undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / Woman Upset Over Failed Relationship, Smashes Plane Window Mid-flight In China / "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.