Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

What "Table" Means To Men. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What "Table" Means To Men. (30313 Views)

What "Table" Means To Women / If This Is What It Means To Cheat On My Husband, Then I Will Do It Again / 6 Things Nigerian Women Must Do To Make Themselves More Attractive To Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ocholu: 4:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
So you don't need a care giver , a nuturer ,a home maker , a cook ,an organiser in the home for it's day to day smooth running? undecided

Tell us more. undecided

I am a bachelor. And I confidently do all these stuffs myself. No qualms, no issues.

Anything else?

4 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by CumOnHer: 4:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:

Lol

So the women of today who are in offices and markets are not groomed because they are not the "my Lord " type of women anymore?
Because for all I know women of today cna still cook ,clean ,take care of the kids, take care of the home and many even pay half the bills and some even more.

I think the problem is women of the past put all their afforts to groom and dolt over their daughters and left the boys to blend in after all " na man". The problem is men want wives like their mothers, the " suffer head " type of women who stayed and suffered and wore it like a badge of honor to prove to society they were virtuous.

Women today offer more in marriages and on the table ,the only difference is that the door to exit a marriage is now wider than it used to be and more women are choosing mental health and peace over bearing Mrs.
The reason the society is in disarray is because more women are refusing to stay under the authority of men. And that's the agenda of today's women -to compete with men.

7 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by CumOnHer: 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
Enough of all this back and forth ,so tell us what more a man has to offer,lets hear it Mr chief negotiator.

First of all, correct the title of the thread.

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2022
CumOnHer:

First of all, correct the title of the thread.
I don't know what you think of yourself, but you are in no position to tell me that.You don't tell me what to do, this forum is not yours,even if it was yours ,you are still not in the position to bark out that order. The worse you will do is lock the thread.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ocholu:

I am a bachelor. And I confidently do all these stuffs myself. No qualms, no issues.

Anything else?
And women don't protect and do all that themselves as well? undecided

8 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2022
CumOnHer:

The reason the society is in disarray is because more women are refusing to stay under the authority of men. And that's the agenda of today's women -to compete with men.
Lol. ,"Authority " "under" ,such choice of words. Well I am glad they don't have to be under authority. No mere mortal is a lord and savior just cos they dangle a penls.

8 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ocholu: 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
And women don't don't protect and do all that themselves as well? undecided

I am totally not sure.
Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by InfinityFabric: 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
In a scenario where a woman offers support , loyalty, home making, care on that table,
Madam, these are top on the list.

it is regarded as inconsequential except she has financial input as well sometime equal percentage with the man.
Ma'am this is for wussies.

You think I want a WIFE (not girlfriend,we don't do that here) who will tirelessly fade away just to earn minimum wage ? I'll just pay her instead.

You made valid points, even tho u seem angry but that doesn't take away your points.
Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ocholu:

I am totally not sure.

K

5 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by InfinityFabric: 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
Lol. ,"Authority " "under" ,such choice of words. Well I am glad they don't have to be under authority. No mere mortal is a lord and savior just cos they dangle a penls.
Let's be honest, when you meet a man that ain't shit, you'll acquiesce.

I get it, you're angry because the ones you want are not coming your way.
I just hope it's not the case of "you're getting older and can't attract them anymore".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Madam, these are top on the list.

Ma'am this is for wussies.

You think I want a WIFE (not girlfriend,we don't do that here) who will tirelessly fade away just to earn minimum wage ? I'll just pay her instead.

You made valid points, even tho u seem angry but that doesn't take away your points.
Angry?

Lol nah, this is my calm face ,if i was angry the nuisances who were testing my patience earlier derailing my thread would have gotten it from me.

5 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Let's be honest, when you meet a man that ain't shit, you'll acquiesce.

I get it, you're angry because the ones you want are not coming way.
I just hope it's not the case of "you're getting older and can't attract them anymore".
oh I see it's even one of those people sef.

I dey wait for una since grin ,the evening newspaper chanters.they have arrived. grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by IMEI: 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
lol sensible is subjective based on human perspective.

If you call it non-sensible for a person not to ignore red flags or stay put in a marriage just to be a Mrs or stay for the children ,then that's your personal opinion.

I think the things that used to hold most marriages together in the past , religion and traditions are gradually loosing their grip on people .

First of all, the irresponsibility goes both ways. For a marriage to fail, there must be a breakdown of the fabric i.e the center will no longer hold. This can be putdown to a severing of the bond between the spouses

By saying what you said in your first paragraph, you've admitted women are largely responsible for the breakdown of relationships today

Many of you women look down on your mothers as weak women and look upon your fathers as villains. This mindset only makes you toxic and unable to keep relationships

You're indirectly justifying women's culpability in destroying relationships by hinting that men have traditionally been awful to women, hence, the need to push back against men

Feminism and redpill are two sides of the same coin, neither empower, rather they both delude

As for your second paragraph, religions and traditions aren't being abandoned, rather, they're being replaced by Western religions and traditions...there's nothing happening now that hasn't been a mainstay in Western countries, but unfortunately, Nigerians aren't well read enough to know it's devastating effects on those same societies, neither are they willing to learn

Before you gloat, read up on previous civilisations, the first step to the destruction of any civilisation is the erosion of societal values and the West is no exception to that rule

Read up on the fast decline of Western power and influence globally. Unfortunately, before we realise this, we'd have done irreparable damage to ourselves

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by InfinityFabric: 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
Angry?

Lol nah, this is my calm face ,if i was angry the nuisances who were testing my patience earlier derailing my thread would have gotten it from me.
It's cool, I know the dynamics between Men and "gentle" ladies is not the best in this section. But you did make a factual point.
Women are not built to work and bring food to the table. In fact they're repulsed by spending on man unless it's a sure investment.

Women are women, and men are men. This is the actual Red Pill, not hating woman for not make 100k+ per month.
Plus working women are ugly to me hehehe (just joking). Even if she's to work, she:
- Works for no man
- Doesn't stay late
- Keeps all the money for herself. May the Creator not make us someone who will be asking our wives for money.
I mean these are not hard concepts.

2 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by InfinityFabric: 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
IMEI:

Feminism and redpill are two sides of the same coin, neither empower, rather they both delude

Red Pill (about intersexual dynamics):

the red pill is the transition from your old life, from what you used to think about women,
to where you are right now and how you're gonna live your life in the future.

Feminism is hatred of men from the start. You can look at the books :

- The legal subjection of men
- The Manipulated Man
- Hazards of being male: surviving the myth of masculine privilege

NO, they are not two sides of the same coin, one empower, the other deludes.
Perhaps you're talking about Black Pill
Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2022
IMEI:

First of all, the irresponsibility goes both ways. For a marriage to fail, there must be a breakdown of the fabric i.e the center will no longer hold. This can be putdown to a severing of the bond between the spouses

By saying what you said in your first paragraph, you've admitted women are largely responsible for the breakdown of relationships today

Many of you women look down on your mothers as weak women and look upon your fathers as villains. This mindset only makes you toxic and unable to keep relationships

You're indirectly justifying women's culpability in destroying relationships by hinting that men have traditionally been awful to women, hence, the need to push back against men

As for your second paragraph, religions and traditions aren't being abandoned, rather, they're being replaced by Western religions and traditions...there's nothing happening now that hasn't been a mainstay in Western countries, but unfortunately, Nigerians aren't well read enough to know it's devastating effects on those same societies, neither are they willing to learn

Before you gloat, read up on previous civilisations, the first step to the destruction of any civilisation is the erosion of societal values and the West is no exception to that rule

Read up on the fast decline of Western power and influence globally. Unfortunately, before we realise this, we'd have done irreparable damage to ourselves

The center can no longer home because the ones bestowed with the responsibility of bearing the burden to keep a home together have seen that it's not feasible. Even the bible gave that responsibility to women alone " a virtuous woman keeps her home" and have let men off the hook so easily.

Even traditions have not spared women either ,now that this generation have breathing space and have the perogative to either shoulder that burden or not and not coerced by religion or traditions it's a problem. How about you tell men to step up ? No? That will be breaking the bro code? undecided.

Africa lost it's self after colonisation , everything about you is western influence.Save for western influence we would have still been in the dark ages. If the status quo was favourable it won't need change same way traditional like killing of twins and other barbaric cultures needed to be changed.

And yes I will gloat about it, if not for western influence I probably won't have had an education or even have to privilege to be on this forum. If for nothing I am grateful for the people that stood their grounds for the girl child to be allowed to have an education .

4 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by mickybeejay(m): 5:45pm On Feb 23, 2022
I think the question "What will you bring to the table" became rampant when the female gender started getting used to the phrase "I want to be taken care of."

If taking care of you is my responsibility when we haven't married, then there should be something you'll give me in return (not necessarily money now), it could be advice, support, etc.

But you should give me something common when, when you ain't asking for something common from me.

2 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by mickybeejay(m): 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2022
I don't need to ask you what you are bringing to the table if you are indeed valuable.

But the question only pops up when you don't have anything to offer, yet you are placing unnecessary demands on me.

5 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by CumOnHer: 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
Are you speaking on behalf of the rebellious women (feminists) or you're one of them.

8 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by IMEI: 5:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Red Pill (about intersexual dynamics):

the red pill is the transition from your old life, from what you used to think about women,
to where you are right now and how you're gonna live your life in the future.

Feminism is hatred of men from the start. You can look at the books :

- The legal subjection of men
- The Manipulated Man
- Hazards of being male: surviving the myth of masculine privilege

NO, they are not two sides of the same coin, one empower, the other deludes.
Perhaps you're talking about Black Pill

Redpill casts men as victims of female antics and seeks to empower them

Feminism sees women as victims of male antics and seeks to empower them

No difference by definition

3 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 5:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
CumOnHer:

Are you speaking on behalf of the rebellious women (feminists) or you're one of them.
So not regarding a mere mortal like a master means feminism? undecided.

Well done Mr authoritarian grin grin cheesy,awon constituted authority grin. Go and look for someone's daughter to keep under authority because dem hand over her placenta give you the day dem born her. tongue

6 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:

Well done Mr authoritarian grin grin cheesy,awon constituted authority grin. Go and look for someone's daughter to keep under authority because dem hand over her placenta give you the day dem born her. tongue
So now tell us, what else do you expect a man to offer other than money.

1 Like

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
GRIMMJOE:
So now tell us, what else do you expect a man to offer other than money.
If he wants a woman to share his bills he should be ready to share her own. He will go to to market ,shop for food stuff of the house, take care and bathe the kids ,clean the house and cook

This is what western men who introduced bills sharing do, so if we must copy and deviate from the traditional setting we must copy everything.

If a woman is in the kitchen ,the man should be tending to the kids not feeling indifferent with remote in his hands.

Funny enough when Nigerian men marry white Ladies they adjust ,so na black women nor deserve better thing , because na only suffer head we Sabi abi? undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by CumOnHer: 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:

We are all mere mortals, however in every systems or structures, there is an hierarchy.
In a home/ relationship, a man is at the top of the hierarchy.

6 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2022
CumOnHer:

We are all mere mortals, however in every systems or structures, there is an hierarchy.
In a home/ relationship, a man is at the top of the hierarchy.

Well go search for the lady who will be under your authority. Good luck with that.

I am only glad women of this generation are shedding religious and traditional shackles that held them down to miserable marriages and stuck with misogynists.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by IMEI: 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
The center can no longer home because the ones bestowed with the responsibility of bearing the burden to keep a home together have seen that it's not feasible. Even the bible gave that responsibility to women alone " a virtuous woman keeps her home" and have let men off the hook so easily.

Even traditions have not spared women either ,now that this generation have breathing space and have the perogative to either shoulder that burden or not and not coerced by religion or traditions it's a problem. How about you tell men to step up ? No? That will be breaking the bro code? undecided.

Africa lost it's self after colonisation , everything about you is western influence.Save for western influence we would have still been in the dark ages. If the status quo was favourable it won't need change same way traditional like killing of twins and other barbaric cultures needed to be changed.

And yes I will gloat about it, if not for western influence I probably won't have had an education or even have to privilege to be on this forum. If for nothing I am grateful for the people that stood their grounds for the girl child to be allowed to have an education .

women alone being responsible for keeping the home together makes no sense. Marriage consists of a husband and wife, maybe you need a re-evaluation of your views on marriage

As far as i know, marriage has never been compulsory, either religiously or traditionally, so women choosing not to marry isn't a new concept

I should tell men to step up? How about everyone hold themselves accountable. You hold yourselves accountable and men do same

If not for Western influence, we'd still be in the dark ages? who 'civilised' the West? What makes you think you needed Western help in the first place? In this same sophisticated West, people are debating if genders exist, all it takes for a man to be a woman is to declare so and you think all is wrong with African society?

Are you aware that in traditional African societies, women have ruled empires? Some of those women have inspired some iconic TV characters that are famous in the West? Google the inspiration for Xena warrior princess

African women have always been considered the backbone of African society, Africa gave you the very same Leadership on a platter of gold that feminism seeks for Western women today

Be a Western inspired feminist all you want, just don't deride Africa to justify it

P.S

I don't hate the West, just questioning the foundations you base your views on

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Biglittlelois(f): 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2022
CumOnHer:

Op was mistaken and she has been able to misinform you. The man is the chief negotiator while a woman is the respondent. You would be making a silly mistake limiting the man's table only to his financial capacity. To men, money is not the end but a means to an end.
The man sets the agenda and put your capacity to the test. If you pass, he gives you a role in his home and if you don't, he kicks you off the table.

Then tell us what men bring to the table apart from finance, and also the agenda men set for women to pass in other to qualify for the table.

3 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by Ladycewhy(f): 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
IMEI:

women alone being responsible for keeping the home together makes no sense. Marriage consists of a husband and wife, maybe you need a re-evaluation of your views on marriage

As far as i know, marriage has never been compulsory, either religiously or traditionally, so women choosing not to marry isn't a new concept

I should tell men to step up? How about everyone hold themselves accountable. You hold yourselves accountable and men do same

If not for Western influence, we'd still be in the dark ages? who 'civilised' the West? What makes you think you needed Western help in the first place? I n this same sophisticated West, people are debating if genders exist, all it takes for a man to be a woman is to declare so and you think all is wrong with African society?

Are you aware that in traditional African societies, women have ruled empires? Some of those women have inspired some iconic TV characters that are famous in the West? Google the inspiration for Xena warrior princess

African women have always been considered the backbone of African society, Africa gave you the very same Leadership on a platter of gold that feminism seeks for Western women today

Be a Western inspired feminist all you want, just don't deride Africa to justify it

P.S

I don't hate the West, just questioning the foundations you base your views on
a western inspired feminist was the same one that stopped the killing of twins ,that same one is the reason I was allowed go to school is the same reason many tribes are doing away
bluefilm:

This is nonsense.

Absolute thrash.

Nonsense angry
with fgm even though some coconut heads still practice it and a lot more.

African women have always been considered backbone ,yet they were the most sort after for human sacrifice, maltreated as widows, denied inheritance , not allowed to have an education and lots more , so much for being regarded as the backbone undecided.

I just don't want to assume you are implying that Africa civilized the west with the bolded sha grin. Thst will be like showing someone the way and not knowing the way to take yourself grin

4 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by CumOnHer: 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
Well go search for the lady who will be under your authority. Good luck with that.

I am only glad women of this generation are shedding religious and traditional shackles that held them down to miserable marriages and stuck with misogynists.
Woman, you can choose to remain single & lonely all in the cold just because you want to live independent of a man's authority. But the sad reality you can never run away from is the fact that the larger society itself is under the authority of men and women are a component unit of the society

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ladycewhy:
If he wants a woman to share his bills he should be ready to share her own. He will go to to market ,shop for food stuff of the house, take care and bathe the kids ,clean the house and cook

This is what western men who introduced bills sharing do, so if we must copy and deviate from the traditional setting we must copy everything.

If a woman is in the kitchen ,the man should be tending to the kids not feeling indifferent with remote in his hands.

Funny enough when Nigerian men marry white Ladies they adjust ,so na black women nor deserve better thing , because na only suffer head we Sabi abi? undecided
Is this how you ladies share bills.

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by CumOnHer: 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Then tell us what men bring to the table apart from finance, and also the agenda men set for women to pass in other to qualify for the table.
Like I told Op, I will only reply your questions when she changes the title of the thread.

2 Likes

Re: What "Table" Means To Men. by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2022
CumOnHer:

Like I told Op, I will only reply your questions when she changes the title of the thread.
Our dear Op is confuse. You can't really blame our Nigerian women, they are not very smart.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Tested Me With Cheating & 'Pregnancy' / Namesakes In Love: Uche And Uche's Pre-Wedding Photos / When You Say A Lady Has A Loose Vagina (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.