Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

What The "Table" Really Means To Men. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What The "Table" Really Means To Men. (807 Views)

What "Table" Means To Men. / Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything / What It Really Means When A Lady Uses The Word "Dear" On You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by TheManOfTheYear: 7:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
This is a counter thread in response to the following thread ---> https://www.nairaland.com/6999891/what-table-means-men

It's funny how women are defensive about the set-phrase "What do you bring to the table?".

First things first: The metaphoric "table" here is not limited to just financial contribution, but every contribution that adds value to a relationship. We live in a society where men are judged by their pockets, and at the same time, still expected to perform every other non-financial things, just because "he is a man".

A man is expected to take care of his family, offer protection, satisfy his wife sexually, take care of even extended relatives (including the wife's) and yet still be the one to financially hold everything.

A woman on the other hand, only basically offers her orifice between her legs and thinks she is doing the man a favour. An average Nigerian lady barely even give her boyfriend or husband money, contribute money to homerunning regularly, in fact, a woman can't even offer the non-financial services like protection, and hard chores.

Going further, they would argue that they give love, care, loyalty and sex, rubbish!! A man equally give these things too, so yes, they are inconsequential in this argument. A man gives you good sex, straining his waist to sexually satisfy your long road to orgasm as a woman. A man gives you money regularly to satisfy your never-ending needs (heck he has needs also). A man offers you protection and shield ( something no woman can offer). Some men even go out of their way to take care of your siblings and parents just because he is in a relationship with you.

This argument is definitely null and stupid to be argued upon, the issue here is crystal clear and needs no scrutiny. Ladies, you all can do better by scaling up financially, stop bothering your boyfriends with your petty needs and wants, and try to keep your feminism away from your home and personal relationship.

PS: I'm not a redpiller, I am simply just a young guy that is sick and tired of being viewed as transactional simply because I have a penis and a set of testicles between my legs. I'm off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
Rubbish...

Giving birth to your kids...

Training them...

Being a hostess...

Caring for your family...

Caring for you...

Taking care of the household...

And...

SUPPORTING YOU FINANCIALLY BY HAVING A JOB!

All your mothers did was open their legs? I wonder how most of you reason... undecided

You condemn women forgetting that important woman who sacrificed so much for you...

Everyone is so protective of their mother... But you forget that so many women are mothers too... Or plan to be...

Shove this bullshit up your asshole...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by TheManOfTheYear: 8:13pm On Feb 23, 2022
BoredBerry:
Rubbish...

Training them...

Being a hostess...

Caring for you...

And...

All your mothers did was open their legs? I wonder how most of you reason... undecided

You condemn women forgetting that important woman who sacrificed so much for you...

Everyone is so protective of their mother... But you forget that so many women are mothers too... Or plan to be...

Giving birth to kids? That's on you! It's not our fault that we weren't born with wombs.

Training the kids? You must be high on cheap drugs, both the man and woman contribute to training the kids, the man usually takes up the financial needs of training the kids. You have no point here

Caring? Like Miss/Mrs, you are just spilling empty points.

2 Likes

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by odinson1(m): 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
BoredBerry:
Rubbish...

Training them...

Being a hostess...

Caring for you...

And...

All these things you mentioned are of benefits to the kids. Not a single one of them is exclusively for the Man. So what you mentioned are what is expected of a Mother to her children.

@bolded,How does the woman show that care exactly? Like i really want to know.

I thought you people didn't want to cook and clean anymore? So why did you add taking care of the household?

What does a girlfriend bring to the table in a relationship? You know you can't mention kids anymore grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by odinson1(m): 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2022
Women actually do have the Ability and opportunity to offer more in a "relationship" but they just don't because they Believe they have a Goldmine Between their legs.

From the way i see it,a Girlfriend is nothing more than a PROSTITUTE for hire, because,think about it. If you don't take care of her never ending needs and wants,she will deny you sex. Same way A Normal PROSTITUTE won't allow you bleep her until a price has been agreed upon. So it's basically the same thing,just that the girlfriend if long term.
They use sex as a bargaining chip because that's they only way they can control Foolish men. Even in marriage,your wife will deny you sex if you don't get her that pink bag she has been asking you for.

Women do contribute more than sex,but ONLY in marriage,and those contributions are Exclusively for the children. None for her so called husband. An Exception would be the usual cooking and cleaning,but women don't want to do that anymore because they see it as Slavery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by odinson1(m): 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ask a Woman what she can offer in a relationship, and these are the answers you will receive;

1. Support
2. Care
3. Prayers
4. Motivation
5. Love
6. Advice

You'll be shocked to notice that a good number of the WILL NOT Add sex to the list, someone should tell me why.

You can see that the above listed are intangible, literally of little or no use whatsoever to the man. Like how can you offer care and love? Tell me ladies, how do you physically show that care and love you all claim to offer.
Support? What do you support him with? Your constant demands for Useless things like hair and Expensive shoes? Or the constant headaches and nagging. Lets me honest here,a god number of Nigerian Girls are Parasites.
Please don't even get me started on the Prayers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by odinson1(m): 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2022
G
Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by odinson1(m): 8:43pm On Feb 23, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
Giving birth to kids? That's on you! It's not our fault that we weren't born with wombs.

Training the kids? You must be high on cheap drugs, both the man and woman contribute to training the kids, the man usually takes up the financial needs of training the kids. You have no point here

Caring? Like Miss/Mrs, you are just spilling empty points.

She said giving birth to YOUR kids is one of the things they do offer grin grin. Like both of us didn't actively contribute to Make them.

But then again,it still boils down to Sex,their value is tied to their bodies. They know it,they say it but they won't outrightly admit it. Ask a woman what the Value of the female gender is the world,the first thing she will tell you is "do you know what pains women go through in the delivery room?".
And the thing is,they are right. That's their value because they are the mothers of Civilization,their Goal is to make enough children as possible to further the human race. But they just won't admit that that's where their value lies,ask them about their value and that's also the first thing they'd call

CONFUSED PEOPLE

2 Likes

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by TheManOfTheYear: 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2022
odinson1:
Women actually do have the Ability and opportunity to offer more in a "relationship" but they just don't because they Believe they have a Goldmine Between their legs.

From the way i see it,a Girlfriend is nothing more than a PROSTITUTE for hire, because,think about it. If you don't take care of her never ending needs and wants,she will deny you sex. Same way A Normal PROSTITUTE won't allow you bleep her until a price has been agreed upon. So it's basically the same thing,just that the girlfriend if long term.
They use sex as a bargaining chip because that's they only way they can control Foolish men. Even in marriage,your wife will deny you sex if you don't get her that pink bag she has been asking you for.

Women do contribute more than sex,but ONLY in marriage,and those contributions are Exclusively for the children. None for her so called husband. An Exception would be the usual cooking and cleaning,but women don't want to do that anymore because they see it as Slavery.
Spot on. The only time men even stand a chance of getting 'more' from them is the pre-marital period, but that's when they choose to be useless. Only offering pussy. Sighs

1 Like

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by odinson1(m): 8:48pm On Feb 23, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
Spot on. The only time men even stand a chance of getting 'more' from them is the pre-marital period, but that's when they choose to be useless. Only offering pussy. Sighs

They sure won't admit it but,the only thing being Exclusively offered to a man In a Relationship or Marriage,is Sex!
Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by Truvelisback(m): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
A picture is worth a thousand word.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by peacefull(f): 3:01am On Feb 24, 2022
I'm learning!

This "bring the table" is one of things I still don't know meaning.

About money and other things in marriage or relationship?
What peoples can bring, add etc in marriage or relationship, something like that?

Table meaning marriage or relationship?

1 Like

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by Double0h7(f): 3:29am On Feb 24, 2022
peacefull:
I'm learning!

What peoples can bring, add etc in marriage or relationship, something like that?

Yes, the "table" is the relationship. They mean what value can someone bring to the relationship. It's another stupid topic that is never ending because men and women bring different things to the relationship.

Nairaland is full of depressed people so they don't appreciate what each gender brings. It's a useless debate and they just want to put down the opposite gender.
Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by BlaqJosh: 4:46am On Feb 24, 2022
Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by odinson1(m): 5:22am On Feb 24, 2022
Double0h7:

Yes, the "table" is the relationship. They mean what value can someone bring to the relationship. It's another stupid topic that is never ending because men and women bring different things to the relationship.

Nairaland is full of depressed people so they don't appreciate what each gender brings. It's a useless debate and they just want to put down the opposite gender.

The problem is,women don't want to Accept the fact that their Bodies are what they bring over to a relationship. We know our roles as men pre- Gender Equality era. They play theirs but just won't outrightly admit it.
Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by Double0h7(f): 5:26am On Feb 24, 2022
odinson1:

The problem is,women don't want to Accept the fact that their Bodies are what they bring over to a relationship. We know our roles as men pre- Gender Equality era. They play theirs but just won't outrightly admit it.

There is no problem. Women bring that and more! People are individuals, and they bring whatever they can and those who want them accept them just like that. This argument DOA because it makes no sense.
Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by odinson1(m): 5:28am On Feb 24, 2022
Double0h7:

There is no problem. [b]Women bring that and more! [/b]People are individuals, and they bring whatever they can and those who want them accept them just like that. This argument DOA because it makes no sense.

The argument makes sense because We as men have the right to ask what our prospective partners are bringing to the relationship, don't we? A relationship is supposed to be symbiotic,not parasitism.

I would love for you to Elaborate on the bolded please.

1 Like

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by Double0h7(f): 5:34am On Feb 24, 2022
odinson1:

The argument makes sense because We as men have the right to ask what our prospective partners are bringing to the relationship, don't we? A relationship is supposed to be symbiotic,not parasitism.

I would love for you to Elaborate on the bolded please.

Argue with your phone pad and leave me out of it!
Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by odinson1(m): 5:39am On Feb 24, 2022
Double0h7:

Argue with your phone pad and leave me out of it!

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by TheManOfTheYear: 8:03am On Feb 24, 2022
peacefull:
I'm learning!

Hello peacefull, the "table" is a metaphor we use to mean offering something to a common cause like a relationship, I hope you understand?
Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by peacefull(f): 10:31am On Feb 24, 2022
Double0h7:

I think I'm getting to know and I'm getting to understand!
Thank you so much! I appreciate you!!

Oh.... maybe misunderstanding each other? or maybe some peoples had bad experience or something like that?
Bad experience can make peoples feel so bad.

Anyway, Thank you so much for taking your time! I really appreciate you!!
I will continue to learn about this "table" thing!
I hope I can understand very well one day smiley

2 Likes

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by peacefull(f): 10:45am On Feb 24, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
Hello peacefull, the "table" is a metaphor we use to mean offering something to a common cause like a relationship, I hope you understand?

Hello, TheManOfTheYear!
How are you?

I'm getting to know and getting to understand about this "table".
Still not perfectly, but getting to know more than before!

I even learned this English "metaphor".
Metaphor means maybe "table" can be change to another things? or maybe this "table" is only talking about relationship?

I will continue to learn. I will try to read another "table" topic too.
Maybe I can know more and maybe I can understand more.

Thank you so much for taking your time!
I appreciate you!!

2 Likes

Re: What The "Table" Really Means To Men. by Double0h7(f): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
peacefull:

I think I'm getting to know and I'm getting to understand!
Thank you so much! I appreciate you!!

Oh.... maybe misunderstanding each other? or maybe some peoples had bad experience or something like that?
Bad experience can make peoples feel so bad.

Anyway, Thank you so much for taking your time! I really appreciate you!!
I will continue to learn about this "table" thing!
I hope I can understand very well one day smiley

You're welcome. smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Dad Want Me To Quit influencer / Evangelist Kate: I Wear Hijab To Stop Men From Looking At My Backside. / Difference Between Vice, Deputy, And Assistant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.