Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK (54455 Views)

Become A Real Estate Sales Consultant, & Earn Over 450k Monthly In Commissions. / How To Earn Extra Income Worth Over $300 On Your Smart Phone Monthly In Nigeria / See How Much Nigeria Vs US Military Is Earning Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Aaaoo: 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2022
4k is better
Steady trading
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2022
Alusiizizi:
Where are the "school na scam" folks? Let them come and explain how these sort of opportunities are possible without school.

Thank you for this

Apart from the fact that I sincerely wanted inputs on this matter

Another reason for this post is what you just mentioned there

It's so sad when I hear and read of teenagers going into rituals and Internet fraud simply because they are grossly misinformed about the power of education and information

If Yahoo boys can flaunt their ill gotten wealth to attract young minds...why can't we also expose these minds to the limitless possibilities in the tech space

I'm still a boy in the midst of tech earners actually ..so you can imagine

Again...Information is Power

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Izprince(m): 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2022
egunna:
yet those ones in Ukraine are begging to b evacuated.lesson in life,it can happen any where.

Problem no dey finish... Just make your move and pray make you no comot from fryer pan enter fire.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
tosinhtml:

Hello Miss, can you please stop with the scaremongering. I think it's quite distasteful at this point. We all have families in Nigeria & they are not kidnapped or raped yet, we have lived in Nigeria all our lives and not died yet. People go back home in December & still spend time with their families. Container hasn't fallen on anyone I know personally, even though It happens quite often.

Nobody is discouraging anyone from travelling, people should take that personal decison by themselves based on what they want in life.

1.5M in Nigeria is a lot of money, especially if you aren't living in Lagos. People are getting jobs in Nigeria amidst the unempoyment problems, so not every one is jobless and cannot get a 200k job.

Nobody I know has encountered Boko Haram, my family lives in the South & it is peaceful.

Where did I post 1.5m isnt a lot of money? But £4,000 after tax is a lot more.

But them, go read my initial post. This is a useless thread. If you are into tech you will know. I dont have time for you and your debate.

Goodluck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by tyor: 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
First of all congrats (not for the UK opportunity but) for your ability to earn in the top 1% category in Nigeria.

The decision to go to the UK or remain in Naija is dependent on a number of factors that I can speak to if i have more context about your situation. Albeit, a simple way to think about it is this. If you are able to crack top 1% in Nigeria, you ought to be in the same category in markets that are similar to Naija e.g. USA, SA, Brazil, Mexico, etc. At 4K net monthly, you are going to the UK at slightly above median income, you are not getting a deal.

As someone that has been in your shoes (now returned to Naij), I can tell you more but offline.

engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

Please help push to front page for more engagements
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ahumanbeing: 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
AlieninPH:

Read and think before you reply.
Before you can get a job paying 48,000 after tax in the UK. Your gross salary will be about 90,000 pounds per annum. Since in the UK you must pay tax, there is no normal job that's tax free.
So Papillo is correct, while you are sounding rather dumb.
Lol you must be quite funny to assume no Nigerian can make 90k per year in the UK, also let me correct you, for op to earn 48k per year, his salary isn’t 90k but 80k, the tax rate is 40%. Your friend quoted 90k which translates to 53% tax and this is incorrect, hence my initial question.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Angelawhite(m): 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
Deicide:
Stop to day lie who day pay you 1.5 for Nigeria here. Mods should stop moving all this useless thread to FP

Lol. Them plenty. Speaking from personal experience
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
Senomi:

If I tell you how much I earn the demons of broke assedness in your body would call me and my generations liars, some things wey dey happen big pass you, make I just tell you

And if you're sure you'll still say rubbish, just ignore this comment
Lol.

It is clearer you are into corruption. Lol. Tech boys no get your time at all. Die if you wan die in Naija. Those who know, sabi werin we dey talk.

Lol. It s clear you are just a noise maker. Na so dem go dey argue wetin dem no sabi.

If you are a tech guy....if you dey earn $$ ££ or €€ in naija..if you dey operate ewallet...no one will tell you waht to do. Sidon here and keep shouting you earn big in naira. Lol.

A beg shift.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Greenerie(f): 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
[So sorry Darling.sending you love and comforting prayers.

quote author=Roseey0 post=110506972]Let me ask my first child cry Went into labour at 28weeks and had her prematurely, the doctors and every other person were lost as to how they could help us. She was beautiful kiss, breathing like a champ till they took her away. There was nothing they could do. She came too early and unexpected cry God rest her soul

If this happened in the UK, do you think we would have had a better chance?

If you still don't get it....stay here
All the best[/quote]
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
tems777:
I will comment for the benefit of those who might want to learn from let's say this hypothetical situation
BTW, Ive been in the UK for 24 years, 16 of those in the tech industry and I run a tech company
1. it is not likely but also not impossible that you will get a £4000 after tax offer from Nigeria. I employ people and I am a voice in that industry in the UK
2. If you were to get even £2500 net(that is a salary of £40,000 gross) you would be better off than what you earn in Nigeria why?
a. You discount the fact that your partner(future or present) would also come into play. Make that £2500 times 2 so family income increases
to nearly two times your earlier estimation whilst the rent/mortgage is constant or marginally increases. Housing is the only monster responsible for 45% of expenses in the UK. That may not apply in Nigeria due
to scarce opportunities. My mrs actually picks up 30% to 40% of our expenses and "im a big boy " lol
b. UK favours people with Children so that would come into play
c. If you are good, eventually you could be earning £600 to £700 times two per day- yeah £1400 per day - as a contractor. Yes a lot of people are holding two contracts at that rate. The question is how much more can your current income grow in Nigeria
d. A UK passport likely awaits you. Being a nanny state, you will be looked after - cradle to grave
e. UK is not that expensive. It is a lie. A 3 bedroom house in say Dagenham(£1400 per month) which is only 45 minutes from
Central London on the tube, is nearly comparable to one in Lekki. Food is very cheap in the UK and yeah, your healthcare is insured
f. You are not barred from ever going back to Nigeria just because you went to UK but the opportunity for UK is likely to dry up after the
people who left because of Brexit have been replaced. UK is deliberately letting people in
g. Your UK headroom is much higher so to say
h. I will also argue that to get similar standard of living in Nigeria(good school for kids, security. healthcare, travels etc) you will spend much
more for what is a commonwealth in the UK. Trust me. I have friends who used to do big boy to me then, biting their lips now, desperate
to get out in their 40s
i. If you lose your job in the UK, two weeks later you get another. In Nigeria I know many people that never recovered till death
j. In nearly all cases, it is good to experience the west. It gives you that balanced understanding of life
k. This highly under-estimated point -> your children start earning and investing from 16 to 18 in the UK. Make that 30 to 35 in Nigeria on
average. This bit is what kills people in Nigeria. Most people's earnings start to go down in their 50s as they slow down
So here you have it

Thank youuuu sire...
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by tosinhtml: 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Where did I post 1.5m isnt a lot of money? But £4,000 after tax is a lot more.

But them, go read my initial post. This is a useless thread. If you are into tech you will know. I dont have time for you and your debate.

Goodluck!

I am into Tech & I'm in the UK, you are obviously saddled with passion that Nigeria is terrible, and I am not arguing that Nigeria isn't but the actual fact is that you still live there and you are not dead yet, your families are also still alive, so why the fear mongering?.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by ModestGal(f): 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Tell us the job role and the industry and I will give you average, median and top salaries.

I am in the tech industry in the UK so dont come here and bullshit people. There are a million Asians here wey get brain die and can do magic in tech with their eyes closed but they dont get this kind of pay on a regular. These guys dont need sponsorship visa o.

Na you wey dey Lagos, wey dem dey suspicious of na him dem go offer job of £400/day just like that?

I am not saying it is not possible but you'd have to be in a very niche area and have skills that are very hard to come by. Your after tax yarn just gave it all away... You think say you be footballer?
Let them continue to be decieving themselves. As if we no dey the abroad
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by NickD(m): 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

My brother please relocate without thinking twice about it. Consider the future of your kids.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GodAbeg5(m): 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
I'd advise you to go because, the theres no how in the world the job or jobs your doing in Nigeria is going to be better than that of the UK, if truly it is in IT. It might not sound like so much over there but it is definitely an upgrade from what youre living on here with this shitty purchasing power. Your access to top tier international networks is another thing that is much more priceless than here. Third, you have the opportunity of growing fast and exploring other things outside work like education and exposure to multiple cultures. Theres just too much argument in favour of moving even though 1.5m is no small deal too.

Please if youre into Data, kindly recommend me for opportunities abeg
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
Izprince:

The truth is that it's easy to protect your kids when you are with them over there... Most big men that sends their kids overseas regret it because there are not there to caution them and when you have a open minded kid you will be surprised what your kid will turn out to be without proper watch.

Thats is when risking it comes into place, you unfortunate enough but can't have it all. The ratio is poor tho.only few who choose to become vagabonds turn out so.. I know alot of parents doing that and the kids are making their parents proud
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by damzy88: 4:23pm On Feb 24, 2022
damosky12:

Brother. Just follow your heart.

If you are sure of your employers in the UK, you can move. £4000 is just fair enough. Just keep off London.

But, in the long run, if you have a plan to not work under a firm forever and actually build something for yourself, I won't advise you go... Nigeria is your best bet in that case. 1.5 million is something more substantial here. But it'll depend on your plans and dreams.

Also know that most of these japa brouhaha are emotionally fueled. Most of those fueling it have never been outside this country before. They don't know what's up.

Going can be good. Staying also owes some good potential... If you pray, pray about this...
I agree with the fact that the "japa brouhaha are emotionally fueled".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Geo4646: 4:23pm On Feb 24, 2022
Dis year all of unah wey dey like to oppress ppl, make unah avoid me dis yr angry angry sad angry angry
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Eastcaostboy: 4:24pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

Nonsense Question. Why not do your research through www. Why sizing yourself up. I know people outside Nigeria will not attend to this your dummy question but home base will. #1. 5m/£4000 after tax. I know you don't know how much is 1pounds now because if know you'll not need people opinions to take your decesion. Well I don't have the answer, is up to you momus

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Alusiizizi(m): 4:25pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

Thank you for this

Apart from the fact that I sincerely wanted inputs on this matter

Another reason for this post is what you just mentioned there

It's so sad when I hear and read of teenagers going into rituals and Internet fraud simply because they are grossly misinformed about the power of education and information

If Yahoo boys can flaunt their ill gotten wealth to attract young minds...why can't we also expose these minds to the limitless possibilities in the tech space

I'm still a boy in the midst of tech earners actually ..so you can imagine

Again...Information is Power

It's good to know that all of Nigeria youth have not all gone down the toilet, that there are still young boys with a good head on their shoulders that seem more drawn to constructive element. Anytime I see young developers flaunt their $$$ and **well deserved** riches, I smile inside. Let them carry on, given the current conditions of this country they still manage to prevail legitimately and therefore deserve to be glorified.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2022
tosinhtml:

I am into Tech & I'm in the UK, you are obviously saddled with passion that Nigeria is terrible, and I am not arguing that Nigeria isn't but the actual fact is that you still live there and you are not dead yet, your families are also still alive, so why the fear mongering?.

Lol.

First spot the fear mongering I have in my posts. If they arent true...we will know.

Second, you will show me that you are in the UK ooooo. If you dont, you are just an unreasonable fellow.

Third, you will mention the reason why even you make $1,000 in naija as tech giu, you must leave. If you dont know then, you are a complete confusionist.

I see that the only part you picked from my post is what you are talking about. But make sure you return yo my initial posts to understand my point.

So, just stop that useless talk.

I want to really know you are in the UK and into Tech. This is the main issue. If you dont show it, just the crap up. Ok? Cos you are really annoying me now.

And if you want...and let's do it..you will see my loaddown info. I am not your mate. Ok? Dont dear me. You these kids. What the crap are you doing in the UK? Washing dead bodies? You better return to Naija. You dey UK and you are in Tech, and you are saying rubbish here. You better clear off my mention. I dont doubt you are in the UK...but you are not into tech. Na dead body you dey wash.

I dont have your time at all.

Simeone who jumped into the middle of discussion without knowing the full details. You arent into Tech. Stop forming rubbish!!!

You better check my thread in Programming section before you roast yourself..A tech guy who cannot make proper investigation. You are a liar. Very slow.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Golan007: 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2022
obailala:
Shut your stinking mouth! I live in the UK and I pay all the so called taxes you talk about. But I've also got friends and family all around Nigeria and I visit Nigeria ever so often, so I'm not as chronically ignorant as yourself. Nigerians may not pay taxes to the government, but to survive comfortably in Nigeria, you end up still spending on basic amenities just about the same figures people in the UK spend on taxes and bills.

In the UK my taxes cover my healthcare, security, roads, access to steady water and electricity, etc. In Nigeria, you have to pay physically for these things and you end up not still getting them efficiently. Do you have a clue how much it cost to run a diesel generator for 12 hours daily in Nigeria? DO you even have a clue how much a unit of electricity cost in Nigeria today?

Meanwhile a £4k salary monthly in the UK after tax is equivalent to about £70,000 annually; a person who earns that literally earns more than over 90% of salaried earners in the UK. For you to say that's not a good salary or for you to even attempt to make a comparison between that and N1.5m, I dont even have words to describe your ignorance.

Much has you stay in UK, 4k a month really isn't that great.

At the end of the month, you'll do well to save 1k if you aren't spendthrift.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2022
bigtt76:
Go over and turn the Nigerian opportunity into remote cheesy

Wisdom....
Actually ehn, really considering this

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by AlieninPH: 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ahumanbeing:

Lol you must be quite foolish and naive to assume no Nigerian can make 90k per year in the UK, also let me correct you, for op to earn 48k per year, his salary isn’t 90k but 80k, the tax rate is 40%. Your friend quoted 90k which translates to 53% tax and this is incorrect, hence my initial question.
Dear fool, Try to think and get a full picture before quoting me!

It's you who must be very foolish, because there was no where in my post, where I said no Nigeria can earn 90,000 pounds per year.
In fact my sibling who owns a Dental clinic earns over 150,000 pounds annually before tax in the UK.
If you go back to your original post and stop being clever by haif. You were busy multiplying 4,000 x 12, as his salary, whereas for him to earn that amount tax free, his real salary will be over 80,000 pounds, which is closer to the 90,000 pounds suggested by the person, you attacked.
90,000 is closer to 80,000 compared to 48,000 pounds, or can't you do the mathematics.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by space9880: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

What can I say..you have to first decide what path interests you the most in the Tech space:
Software Engineering
Data Analytics
Product Management
Cybersecurity
Project Management
Product Design,
Blockchain,etc

Once you decide exactly what you want to, commit 6 months-1 year to learning and development....There are tons of materials online; with an internet connected laptop; you are good to go bro; You just need to decide, be disciplined and be committed to the cause!.... You will be happy you did!
which one you dey do bros and which one money dey pass.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by CoronaVirusPro: 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

Permanent role
Work VISA Sponsorship for up to 3 years

3 years is worth the sacrifice and the pay is a good start. You know it’s such experience, you will be transiting to the international stage. So that’s an opportunity right in front you.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by tosinhtml: 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Lol.

First spot the fear mongering I have in my posts. If they arent true...we will know.

Second, you will show me that you are in the UK ooooo. If you dont, you are just an unreasonable fellow.

Third, you will mention the reason why even you make $1,000 in naija as tech giu, you must leave. If you dont know then, you are a complete confusionist.

I see that the only part you picked from my post is what you are talking about. But make sure you return yo my initial posts to understand my point.

So, just stop that useless talk.

I want to really know you are in the UK and into Tech. This is the main issue. If you dont show it, just the crap up. Ok? Cos you are really annoying me now.

And if you want...and let's do it..you will see my loaddown info. I am not your mate. Ok? Dont dear me. You these kids. What the crap are you doing in the UK? Washing dead bodies? You better return to Naija. You dey UK and you are in Tech, and you are saying rubbish here. You better clear off my mention. I dont doubt you are in the UK...but you are not into tech. Na dead body you dey wash.

I dont have your time at all.

Simeone who jumped into the middle of discussion without knowing the full details. You arent into Tech. Stop forming rubbish!!!

Listen, I don't have any thing to prove to you. Are you not LogoBenz aka nwanemm? Why should I prove anything to a clout chaser.

The other time you were arguing endlessly on the Family thread, i was just looking at you. Go and check all my posts, a lot of people know me offline in this forum, you are not that important that I would prove anything to you.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Evidenx(m): 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

BEFORE I TALK LET ASK ARE YOU MARRIED?
IF YES MOVE BECAUSE OF YOUR FAMILY.

IF YOU ARE SINGLE,DON'T MOVE.
LIKE I ALWAYS SAY,IF I EARN 500K MONTHLY IN NAIJA,I GO NO WHERE.
1.5M IS MUCH BRO.
YOU CAN ALWAYS VISIT UK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2022
Evidenx:
BEFORE I TALK LET ASK ARE YOU MARRIED?
IF YES MOVE BECAUSE OF YOUR FAMILY.

IF YOU ARE SINGLE,DON'T MOVE.
LIKE I ALWAYS SAY,IF I EARN 500K MONTHLY IN NAIJA,I GO NO WHERE.
1.5M IS MUCH BRO.
YOU CAN ALWAYS VISIT UK.
Wish I could double-like this post

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Evidenx(m): 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Wish I could double-like this post
Thank you sir.
one love.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
AlieninPH:

Thanks again Frenchman, all normal jobs in the UK are quoted before tax.
The OP should stop lying.

Lmao...haba
Was quoted in gross of course

From which you can calculate your monthly income now either via some UK sites and also asking people already earning There

This thing no hard like that
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2022
AutoC:

I'm also.in tech space bro and I know wats up...so ma gbe wa landicap. Hahahahah

Hehehe
But really...no lies

From the gross...you can compute your monthly net
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by esere826: 4:44pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

4k after tax is great in the Uk. Means you are earning about 75k plus per annum.
It puts you in the top earning bracket of that country. Hopefully its not in London, and even if it where, if you're not yet a family man, you'd do well.

If single, target accomodation of £700 per month.
Also negotiate work from home at least 2 days to save on transport.
Your feeding shouldnt be more than £300 monthly
Dont get tempted to buy a range rover on hire purchase like Nigerians do there

at the end of the month, you'd be saving about £2k per month which is equivalent to your nigerian earning.
Your working in uk will also improve your profile if you decide to search for a 9ja job
Your earning also makes you credit worthy in the UK which is a big plus.

.....*and by the way, take advice from only those who earn similar rates and higher in the UK. They know the track and will lead you aright.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Salary For Arik Air Workers / The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men / Halliburton - Trainee Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.