Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK (54368 Views)

Become A Real Estate Sales Consultant, & Earn Over 450k Monthly In Commissions. / How To Earn Extra Income Worth Over $300 On Your Smart Phone Monthly In Nigeria / See How Much Nigeria Vs US Military Is Earning Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
esere826:

You definitely are worth more than 70k per annum then, except you are stuck in an old job due to loyalty.
In that case, you should be looking at moving right now.

Make hay while the sun shines.

I make 6 figure
I am good with my pay
I really have 5 years to work and 3 year to Bleep around total of 8 year to go dude
I am not looking for more responsibility
I make more money managing my stuff
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Semaj77(m): 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros ,this your calculation get as e be. How can your brother be earning £3k and still be able to settle taxes/ bills worth of £2k, and still send another 700k (£1000) to his family here in 9ja...? Wetin him dey keep for him savings /emergency funds ? Secondly, are his kids schooling in the UK ...? Do you know how much he'll have to pay for health insurance, car insurance and the likes ... has he told you personally ? Many of you at home will be assuming figures but the truth be told, life here is super tough . Especially if you're not a citizen . Mtchwww undecided

What is off about the calculation , how much is a pound at the black market in Nigeria And I specifically mentioned that he has paid all his bills in the 2k pounds. He also doesn't own a car right now and goes by public transport so why would he pay for car insurance His kids school here in Nigeria , he is the only one in the UK , his wife and children are in Nigeria ( although planning on moving them to the UK before the year runs out ).

Nobody is saying life isn't tough as well in the UK but earning 4k pounds in the UK is far far better than earning 1.5m in Nigeria
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by dammit4u(m): 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2022
Deicide:
Stop to day lie who day pay you 1.5 for Nigeria here. Mods should stop moving all this useless thread to FP

You need to see beyond the end of your nose.

Lot of guys are earning that range and more working remotely from naija.

Software Engineers working remotely with Andela are earning in millions

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
Semaj77:

What is off about the calculation , how much is a pound at the black market in Nigeria And I specifically mentioned that he has paid all his bills in the 2k pounds. He also doesn't own a car right now and goes by public transport so why would he pay for car insurance His kids school here in Nigeria , he is the only one in the UK , his wife and children are in Nigeria ( although planning on moving them to the UK before the year runs out )
Just wait a minute. So he's not even living with his family in the UK, yet you call that amount" living comfortably" abi...? Lol...let him send for them to join him. You'll see if he'll be able to catch up with the financial responsibilities of English society. I can bet you that he'll start crying like all the other ones we have here because of financial pressures. Even for him to send money back home for his extended family go hard . Mark my words
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
Senomi:

Better shut ur fvckin mouth and stop spittin what u don't know..... You may as well travel down here and denounce your nigerian citizenship, since you feel all dogs abroad are living better than all nigerians here, you go dey dia they worship white man dey see people living in nigeria as worse off than dogs

You horribly stink n reek of serious inferiority complex, if there is a word bigger than that it perfectly describes you, I wonder how bad your insides will look like, it must be horrific, stinking n decaying as as a result of your kind of thoughts

And pls I beg you in the name of God, don't quote me, cos it seems like I've been wasting my time having a conversation with a person who's worse than a beast, And I honestly feel terribly sorry for all the people surrounding you unless y'all are like minded

And please send my condolences to your partner if you have any, cos I can imagine how tough and miserable life would be for that person just by hearing you speak and I do hope and fervently pray the person doesn't end his/her life becos of you
Your papa and mama you dey talk to. Not me. You this silly boy. That UK you said you are, I will enter and flog you out. When did you go there that we wont hear words. See eh... I have been traveling before your papa and mama went on high debt to send you there. Mu.mu

See, I will flog you eh. Tell your papa and mama to kneel down sef. You think a bi your mate? Sorry oooo. Na you go first live in the UK.

If I check welll...you are still in Naija. grin

Dem go dey reason like gutter brains. grin

Na dead body you dey wash in UK. grin You better beg. See eh...help dey around the corner oooo. grin

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 24, 2022
tosinhtml:

Okay. You can keep using different Monikers, you can't run from who you are.

That guy has defeated you... cheesy Honestly speaking. See, I can open a channel for you so you talk with me. grin A just dey laugh cos the guy will be laughing at your stup.idity. I gave you a clue....you still failed to get it. Yet , you called yourself a Tech guy. grin You be mumu. Let me use the right Yoruba words for you cos a dey live Lagos... Ode ni e. Yoruba people in Lagos will say.. Oponu ni e. Di din rin da to. I gat to use those words on you. There is this guy in those yoruba movies....called Dejo. You are Dejo. I saw the guy once and I was able to follow him with the subtitle...but the act of stupidity was just too high amd beyond any human. You are that boy. How can you be a Tech guy and fails woefully like this? Even despite the clue i gave you? You are a disgrace to tech if you have picked up a book amd have even read chapter 1 of any html stuff. You are slow..very funny you have the gut to say you are tech..you? Live in the UK? Hahahah grin I know you are yoruba from your name. You are stupidly stup.id.

Ordinarily, I wont tell off anyone but for the fact you said you are a tech guy and your mumu brain can not check well? See the guy is just laughing at your stup.idity... grin

You are a confirmed idiootaaa. Se na this way the guy dey blast you?

See, a no be your mate. A be mate of your papa and mama. If you talk to me, you go shake.. I like smart boys. You are not. You be mumu.

How did you end up in the UK. Nope. I refuse to believe you sre in the UK. You are not. You are slow. You better go check my posts before you keep making a fool of yourself.

See...keep following me around ooo. You keep it up. I even like it. Bug ik sure that guy is laughing at your stupidity..lol. you are a proper case ...who be mumu? Always answer... grin ,Na your parents me a dey pity. Cos dem go think say dem get pikin wey get brain. You be muskie. Muskie. Nothing dey your head. If you like dknt still go and check my losts to get your facts right...keep showing your dundie United attributes. grin
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Your papa and mama you dey talk to. Not me. You this silly boy. That UK you said you are, I will enter and flog you out. When did you go there that we wont hear words. See eh... I have been traveling before your papa and mama went on high debt to send you there. Mu.mu

See, I will flog you eh. Tell your papa and mama to kneel down sef. You think a bi your mate? Sorry oooo. Na you go first live in the UK.

If I check welll...you are still in Naija. grin

Dem go dey reason like gutter brains. grin

Na dead body you dey wash in UK. grin You better beg. See eh...help dey around the corner oooo. grin
You're cursed
You're less than a slave and slightly higher than a stone
Prove me right by replying, I want to hear the worse than gutter water words that'll come out of your mouth
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Deicide: 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
dammit4u:

You need to see beyond the end of your nose.

Lot of guys are earning that range and more working remotely from naija.

Software Engineers working remotely with Andela are earning in millions
Who said anything about working remotely, read to comprehend before typing rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by seunayantokun(m): 9:24pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Shut the fvck up. Nigerians don't pay taxes ,but over here, we do that all day ,every fvcking day, and you know why ? Because the system is built to keep the rich in check while the poor remain average. And that's something that eats very deep into your savings and earning potential , especially if you're a middle-income earner .

But besides all this , when was the last time you took into account things like electricity bills, community tax and other services that are paid in the UK ? Have you thought about that on 4k pounds ? Please do that before sending me more ludicrous statements

Your unprovoked arrogance and sauciness show your lack of character. Thank you.

For those who care to know, in many parts of Nigeria, we provide our own power generators and maintain them, apart from NEPA bills that we pay.

We construct and maintain our community streets/roads and drainage systems.

Our waste disposal is handled and paid for by ourselves - after all, we are our own local governments or councils - and our communities constantly remain health hazards and risks to us with hills of refuse or waste inappropriately disposed of.

We provide our own security of lives and property at different levels and most times are the mercy of forceful unitary FG policing, terrorists and ritual killers - there are those among them popularly called pastors or alfas who don't spare our daughters ritual sexual intercourse, decapitation., etc. Our sons also are not safe.

We have no stress-free public transport system that guarantees good health and comfort because we are at the mercy of the government of the MC Oluomos and other agbero masters across the country.

Availability of different kinds of foods and purchasing power here are like two parallel lines that can never meet.

In the UK, there are lots and lots of employment opportunities and unemployment benefits. Even if you stop your education after GCSE, you certainly get a job.

In the UK, there is free quality education to college level (A-level equivalent here) unlike in Nigeria where a governor declares free education that is next to nothing. It's even rather insulting that after embezzling or misappropriating the funds allocated for that purpose, the politician tells you they have done you a favour, so coming around again for your vote to perpetuate themselves in office.

So, how don't we pay bills, taxes, levies, etc in Nigeria? Do we then, as a result, have the UK-kind of quality of life and life expectancy? If there were in this country the kind of life obtainable in the UK, only few of our people would ever desire working abroad.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Tinyemeka(m): 9:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

What can I say..you have to first decide what path interests you the most in the Tech space:
Software Engineering
Data Analytics
Product Management
Cybersecurity
Project Management
Product Design,
Blockchain,etc

Once you decide exactly what you want to, commit 6 months-1 year to learning and development....There are tons of materials online; with an internet connected laptop; you are good to go bro; You just need to decide, be disciplined and be committed to the cause!.... You will be happy you did!

Do you have a CS degree?
If you don't mind me asking.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by solonubinho(m): 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Liar

Now I know why people are suspicious of stories on Nairaland. No one will make an after tax offer to you in the UK. You either pay through PAYE or you sort out your own tax outside IR35. In both cases your offer will be your gross annual salary.

Tell me I am a hater but no one is offering you a £90,000/year job in the UK from Nigeria simply because you are 'tech bro', Whatever dafuq that mean. I dont care if you can write perfect API code straight from sleep or you are a developer, SDET, BA, Architect, PM all rolled in one.

Oga relax. That you’re making 20k per annum doesn’t mean the young man can’t be offered 90k. Secondly, he didn’t tell you that the offer came as net. He must have done his likely calculation based on the gross provided and came to the conclusion that he would take home 4k monthly. There are sites that help with the correct calculations. Third, 90k per annum is actually modest for a person in the tech space especially if he already had the experience that earns him 1.5m per month in Nigeria. Have you even heard how much American law firms based in the UK pay their lawyers? It’s this “I know it all attitude” that Nigerians who have been struggling in the UK have that pisses me off. They believe anyone having better opportunities than them cannot be legit. What if I told you that I’ve got friends working in US headquartered law firm in London and earning 165k per annum? Of course you will swear with your life thag it’s impossible. That’s why sometimes it’s good to just keep quiet and observe. Make you no go embarrass yourself because you really don’t know it all.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
AutoC:

Ok..motigbo...like yoruba would say, if you planted 10 maize and you said you planted 100..when you finish eating the real 10, you must also eat the fake 90...
Who is planting the maze here? Owe a paa si odi nu
I am not talking about myself

The hourly pay for agency workers nurses/doctors in the UK is a matter public knowledge and does not call for unnecessary argument or online I too know
If you live in the UK you can even get that information directly by a Formal Freedom of Information request from any hospital near you

A very junior doctor working via an agency will earn £40 an hour whilst a senior can earn £100-150 per hour in a 40 hour week
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by solonubinho(m): 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Shut the fvck up. Nigerians don't pay taxes ,but over here, we do that all day ,every fvcking day, and you know why ? Because the system is built to keep the rich in check while the poor remain average. And that's something that eats very deep into your savings and earning potential , especially if you're a middle-income earner .

But besides all this , when was the last time you took into account things like electricity bills, community tax and other services that are paid in the UK ? Have [b][/b]you thought about that on 4k pounds ? Please do that before sending me more ludicrous statements

Lol see, make una leave this guy. Na typical “I’ve been in the UK for 20 years” guy. Many of them are more ignorant than you would want to imagine. No jokes o. Oh and before you try to make an attempt to come for my head, I don’t live in Nigeria o, Ehen so I know what I’m talking about. They can look down on people who are in Nigeria and actually doing very well for themselves, even better than them most times.

As for OP, take the job in the UK. You no go regret am.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Tinyemeka(m): 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
celtel:
Hi if it is true you have the 4000 pounds offer, this is my honest opinion as I presently stay in the UK( outside London) and left a 7digit salary to come here too.
Firstly pray and get GOD's leading and if that is done, 4000pounds is more than enough for you. my own expenses are below:
House rent - 742
Council tax - 130
Gas - 30 Standard meaning you can put on anything when and how you want.
Electricity - 45
TV Licensing - 159
Feeding for 4 - 300 max
transport - 120 0r less, because I work from home.

Total = 1,526

As long as you are cool headed and also I just got a car so transport will become easier for my and my family but I have also paid insurance and tax for it ( insurance is expensive because we are still going to be using international passport to drive for now is 200 including tax.

Your 4000pounds is worth much more than your N1,500.000.

Thanks a lot for this breakdown.

Been looking for something with black-and-white figures like this.

Rent in which area please? My wife'll soon move to Manchester as an NHS nurse and we're pretty concerned about the rent prices we've been seeing on Zoopla and Rightmove. Handy tips would be appreciated please.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 9:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Liar

Now I know why people are suspicious of stories on Nairaland. No one will make an after tax offer to you in the UK. You either pay through PAYE or you sort out your own tax outside IR35. In both cases your offer will be your gross annual salary.

Tell me I am a hater but no one is offering you a £90,000/year job in the UK from Nigeria simply because you are 'tech bro', Whatever dafuq that mean. I dont care if you can write perfect API code straight from sleep or you are a developer, SDET, BA, Architect, PM all rolled in one.

The story may be true or false who knows but your assumption or declaration is just wrong .
Either you chose not to understand deliberately or just want to be oppositional

What do you mean by "No one will make an after tax offer to you in the UK.". That is an irrelevance
and triviality
As an employee there is nothing strange in asking what your net pay would be from your employer even if you would be paid via PAYE. It is not an after tax "offer" as you describe it. It is just information .
"when we employ you this is your gross pay, this is your expected tax code , if applicable these are the deductions we will make and this would be your take home. Some people working outside IR 35 e.g using an umbrella company would be given this information for indicative purposes. There are actually government organizations engaging agency workers that use a preferred umbrella company exclusively and they provide indicative information of all deductions
It does not amount to an "after tax offer" whatever that means. There is nowhere the OP even suggested that.
So that is not a basis for declaring him a liar though I am doubtful that the story is true for different reasons .That is not a smoking gun. It means nothing
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by ugonna1054(m): 10:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by ugonna1054(m): 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Liar

Loll bro, it's very possible, people get more smiley

Plus his gross should be around 70k GBP
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by lordally(m): 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
tems777:
I will comment for the benefit of those who might want to learn from let's say this hypothetical situation
BTW, Ive been in the UK for 24 years, 16 of those in the tech industry and I run a tech company
1. it is not likely but also not impossible that you will get a £4000 after tax offer from Nigeria. I employ people and I am a voice in that industry in the UK
2. If you were to get even £2500 net(that is a salary of £40,000 gross) you would be better off than what you earn in Nigeria why?
a. You discount the fact that your partner(future or present) would also come into play. Make that £2500 times 2 so family income increases
to nearly two times your earlier estimation whilst the rent/mortgage is constant or marginally increases. Housing is the only monster responsible for 45% of expenses in the UK. That may not apply in Nigeria due
to scarce opportunities. My mrs actually picks up 30% to 40% of our expenses and "im a big boy " lol
b. UK favours people with Children so that would come into play
c. If you are good, eventually you could be earning £600 to £700 times two per day- yeah £1400 per day - as a contractor. Yes a lot of people are holding two contracts at that rate. The question is how much more can your current income grow in Nigeria
d. A UK passport likely awaits you. Being a nanny state, you will be looked after - cradle to grave
e. UK is not that expensive. It is a lie. A 3 bedroom house in say Dagenham(£1400 per month) which is only 45 minutes from
Central London on the tube, is nearly comparable to one in Lekki. Food is very cheap in the UK and yeah, your healthcare is insured
f. You are not barred from ever going back to Nigeria just because you went to UK but the opportunity for UK is likely to dry up after the
people who left because of Brexit have been replaced. UK is deliberately letting people in
g. Your UK headroom is much higher so to say
h. I will also argue that to get similar standard of living in Nigeria(good school for kids, security. healthcare, travels etc) you will spend much
more for what is a commonwealth in the UK. Trust me. I have friends who used to do big boy to me then, biting their lips now, desperate
to get out in their 40s
i. If you lose your job in the UK, two weeks later you get another. In Nigeria I know many people that never recovered till death
j. In nearly all cases, it is good to experience the west. It gives you that balanced understanding of life
k. This highly under-estimated point -> your children start earning and investing from 16 to 18 in the UK. Make that 30 to 35 in Nigeria on
average. This bit is what kills people in Nigeria. Most people's earnings start to go down in their 50s as they slow down
So here you have it

Amazing!!!!
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by lordally(m): 10:32pm On Feb 24, 2022
celtel:
Hi if it is true you have the 4000 pounds offer, this is my honest opinion as I presently stay in the UK( outside London) and left a 7digit salary to come here too.
Firstly pray and get GOD's leading and if that is done, 4000pounds is more than enough for you. my own expenses are below:
House rent - 742
Council tax - 130
Electricity - 45
TV Licensing - 159
Feeding for 4 - 300 max

Total = 1,526

As long as you are cool headed and also I just got a car so transport will become easier for my and my family but I have also paid insurance and tax for it ( insurance is expensive because we are still going to be using international passport to drive for now is 200 including tax.

Smart Analysis
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by aribisala0(m): 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
celtel:
House rent - 742
Council tax - 130
Electricity - 45
TV Licensing - 159
Feeding for 4 - 300 max

Total = 1,526

TV Licence monthly?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by ugonna1054(m): 10:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
kowalsky:

I'd say stay in Nigeria and double your remote hustle untill you get a better paying gig.

With 1.5m in Nigeria you can live like a king.

$4000 monthly in the UK is base salary

4k pounds (after tax) is not base salary Boss, that's atleast 3 times the minimum wage in the UK.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by pappilo(m): 10:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
solonubinho:

Oga relax. That you’re making 20k per annum doesn’t mean the young man can’t be offered 90k. Secondly, he didn’t tell you that the offer came as net. He must have done his likely calculation based on the gross provided and came to the conclusion that he would take home 4k monthly. There are sites that help with the correct calculations. Third, 90k per annum is actually modest for a person in the tech space especially if he already had the experience that earns him 1.5m per month in Nigeria. Have you even heard how much American law firms based in the UK pay their lawyers? It’s this “I know it all attitude” that Nigerians who have been struggling in the UK have that pisses me off. They believe anyone having better opportunities than them cannot be legit. What if I told you that I’ve got friends working in US headquartered law firm in London and earning 165k per annum? Of course you will swear with your life thag it’s impossible. That’s why sometimes it’s good to just keep quiet and observe. Make you no go embarrass yourself because you really don’t know it all.

Make I dey manage my £20k per annum go.

I have been enjoying all the fake figures all day. People earn all sorts, that is not the point of the matter. I have friends doing multiple roles cleaning out £1500/day. Take it from me no organisation in the UK will offer someone who calls himself a 'tech bro' based in Nigeria, who has no UK experience, £80,000/year unless he has some very specialist skills that cant be found in the UK.

All day People have asked him what area of tech he works in but over 18 pages he has refused to answer this question. All he has done is reel out the names of some generic tech and digital roles. Lets assume I am wrong and this guy happens to be a whizz in his field, I'd expect him to be smart enbough to decide on which offer to take and not come to ask ridiculous questions on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by feyisy86(m): 11:10pm On Feb 24, 2022
4K £ after tax is a good money here, las las you suppose fit keep 1500- 2K£ monthly after rent, bills and the 2K£ is equivalent to the 1.5M you make mnthly in Naija
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

Please help push to front page for more engagements

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Fredfr33zy(m): 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
stinflame:

We keep shouting moving for your kids , tell me how many big men in 9ja have their kids schooling in Nigeria high school... You can send your child to study there ,while they stay with a Foster parents. After that they gain admission into the university overthere.
While you stay back sending them upkeep with routine visiting. These have always been the usual way most big men, who earn well here do. 1.5mill in 9ja isn't a small cash and even if you remit $1000 every month for your child's upkeep oversea, you won't feel it.
You better sit down and think it through, save as much as you can here, start a reliable business you have ownership of with good profit. Live the life of your dreams here.

Anything little thing, japa. Most of these young folks think as soon as you get outside Nigeria everything automatically turns perfect.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by kowalsky: 11:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
ugonna1054:

4k pounds (after tax) is not base salary Boss, that's atleast 3 times the minimum wage in the UK.

https://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Job=Software_Developer/Salary

Tech guys get way better gigs than the average worker abroad.

In the US average salary might be somethin in the 40-60k range. But that's not the average for devs.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Olaklassik: 11:25pm On Feb 24, 2022
I’m picking 2000£ over #1.5m in Nigeria
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by solonubinho(m): 11:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Make I dey manage my £20k per annum go.

I have been enjoying all the fake figures all day. People earn all sorts, that is not the point of the matter. I have friends doing multiple roles cleaning out £1500/day. Take it from me no organisation in the UK will offer someone who calls himself a 'tech bro' based in Nigeria, who has no UK experience, £80,000/year unless he has some very specialist skills that cant be found in the UK.

All day People have asked him what area of tech he works in but over 18 pages he has refused to answer this question. All he has done is reel out the names of some generic tech and digital roles. Lets assume I am wrong and this guy happens to be a whizz in his field, I'd expect him to be smart enbough to decide on which offer to take and not come to ask ridiculous questions on Nairaland

Hmmm now I see your point clearer. So the issue is not the money, it’s whether or not OP has some rare specialist skill set in high demand. Oya OP over to you come and answer. But I actually know someone who was poached from Nigeria to Munich and he earns top pay. He was a full stack engineer. I think he was even largely self-taught then he worked with Konga for a while before getting this role. So it might be a different kettle of fish for the tech industry. OP come and answer your question. What’s your speciality?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by esere826: 12:17am On Feb 25, 2022
GoodFaith:

I make 6 figure
I am good with my pay
I really have 5 years to work and 3 year to Bleep around total of 8 year to go dude
I am not looking for more responsibility
I make more money managing my stuff

Congrats then.

I assume you are Nigerian in the UK.

I love it when we are doing very well.

Best wishes
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by elbulk(m): 12:29am On Feb 25, 2022
TempleHouse:
PIT OF LIES !!!

OVERHYPED JUST TO CREATE A FAKE NEWS FOR GULLIBLE NIGERIANS AT HOME...!!?

WHO GAVE YOU £4000 OFFERS IN UK.... JUST FRESH FROM NIGERIA

THOSE WHO ARE IN UK WITH THEIR PHONETICS CAN'T EARNS AS MUCH

JUST TO IMPRESS THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER TRAVEL OUT OF NIGERIA

STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF BOY !!!

That you haven't seen doesn't mean it doesn't happen. 2 friends of mine 1 in Germany the other in Copenhagen both got their jobs fromNigeria. Don't use your level of information to judge another persn. Is it phnetics they are employing or know how
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 3:37am On Feb 25, 2022
solonubinho:

Hmmm now I see your point clearer. So the issue is not the money, it’s whether or not OP has some rare specialist skill set in high demand. Oya OP over to you come and answer. But I actually know someone who was poached from Nigeria to Munich and he earns top pay. He was a full stack engineer. I think he was even largely self-taught then he worked with Konga for a while before getting this role. So it might be a different kettle of fish for the tech industry. OP come and answer your question. What’s your speciality?

Lol
There is no point

He's someone that thinks he knows yet grossly misinformed ...the fact that he thinks 4K monthly income amounts to 80/90 pounds gross is a testament to why I will not even take him serious

And I'm not at liberty to prove anything to anyone in a faceless forum
A simple declaration of my specialty can blow my cover here hence the term "tech bro"

If he or anyone else thinks this is a lie...it's okay
Abi
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Dotman2210(m): 4:11am On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros 4k pounds doesn't sound like much over there(especially if you're into programming). And when you look at future expenses , you might not really be able to stay afloat (especially with a family and all). So I'll advice if you ask for a remote opportunity with the company, since it's obvious you're intrested in increasing your financial power

Follow this advise bro, all those ones shouting japa are not looking at the bigger picture
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Yankee101: 4:11am On Feb 25, 2022
Go to the US, they pay more than the UK for most jobs

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

NYSC 2013 Recruitment Interview / What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? / Salary For Arik Air Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.