Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,126 members, 7,807,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens (18464 Views)

Drug Trafficking, Fraudulent Activities Responsible For Visa Ban - Seychelles VP / Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems / Airport Safety: FG Happy With Measures Taken By Enugu Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by PrinceOfLagos: 11:41am On Feb 24, 2022
The Federal Government has urged Nigerians in Ukraine to remain calm but very vigilant and be responsible for their security and safety in the country.

A statement issued by Nigerian Embassy, in Kiev, urged Nigerian students seeking temporary relocation to seek proper clearance and guarantee form before relocating.

Recall that Russian troops launched a wide-range attack on Ukraine on Thursday, as President Vladimir Putin cast aside international condemnation and sanctions.

Reacting, the Embassy explained that any Nigerian who considers the crisis as emotionally disturbing, should temporarily relocate to anywhere they consider safe by “private arrangement.”

The Embassy advised all Nigerians to ensure that they validate all their resident documents for ease of return to the country when desired.

“The attention of the Embassy has been drawn to the declaration of state of emergency and Martial law on the entire territory of Ukraine except the Donestsk and Luhansk regions by the government of Ukraine, effective from midnight of February 23, 2022, for a period of 30 days, as well as the latest development on the Ukraine-Russia crises.

“In view of the development, the embassy urges Nigerian Nationals resident in Ukraine to remain calm but very vigilant and be responsible for their security and safety.

“The embassy wishes to add that should any Nigerian National consider the situation as emotionally disturbing, such National may temporarily relocate to anywhere considered safe by private arrangement. They should, however, ensure that they do all the needful to validate all their resident documents for ease of return to the country when desired.

“Students seeking temporary relocation are enjoined to seek proper clearance and guarantee form from their respective institutions during this period.

“For those who are still considering it appropriate to remain in the country, be rest assured that the embassy remains open for its consular duties and responsibilities at all times.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/02/24/ukraine-vs-russia-be-responsible-for-your-safety-security-nigerian-govt-tells-citizens/

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by DaniDani(m): 11:44am On Feb 24, 2022
Why buhari and Dabiri Ebike or whatever will be responsible for the shock and condolence messages.

TUFIAKWA! WHAT AN INSENSITIVE GOVERNMENT!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by PrinceOfLagos: 11:45am On Feb 24, 2022
It is all man for himself

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by Prosperous111(m): 12:05pm On Feb 24, 2022
No nah grin

You for send your own rescue team nah make Putin capture Dem take them do cleaner for him parliament grin

A government that can't rescue it citizens in time of crisis. Nonsense

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by kponkedenge(m): 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
I'm only wondering why they didn't leave when other countries were evacuating and telling their citizens to leave.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by youngreezy(m): 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
Buhari na confirm goat I swear and I no mean greatest of all time,I mean confirm ewu.... whoever dey support apc supposedie miserably I swear

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
grin Hnnnm !!! When una dey shout Japa Japa ! Na now una go Know say una dey OYO grin cheesy cheesy

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by Poopypants: 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2022

10 Likes

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by Kiddogarcia(m): 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
They should have left before now, but again things are not what it is

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by donziller(m): 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
We know that even before u say it, useless FG

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by BrodaAgbaya: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
lol
Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by TheManofTomorrow(m): 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
kponkedenge:
I'm only wondering why they didn't leave when other countries were evacuating and telling their citizens to leave.

How will they leave? Everywhere is clogged. Most of them can't leave without intervention from authorities

7 Likes

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by EBEk101(m): 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
Mumu FG
I just Dey wonder how person like diz take dey govern Nigerians ai swear
Because Nigerian Dey make impact for the world but home nah mumu Dey rule us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by CharleyBright(m): 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
As Usual.
Countries will be sending airplane to bring out their citizens from Ukraine, Nigerian govt has quickly shied away from her responsibilities and tell her citizens in advance that "THEY ARE ON THEIR OWN".
Soon, the Nigerian embassy in Ukraine will lock out Nigerians out of the premises.
If the citizens can't benefit anything from Nigeria, why should even consider dying for Nigeria?
I don't blame people carrying other country passports to go abroad.
Nigerian govt don't give a damn about her citizens.

12 Likes

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by Proudlyomonna: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
Yeye govt angry

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by Splitmind: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
Nigeria should intervene

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by Walkee: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
I know idiots will come here to run mouth. What else were they supposed to do?
Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by mrjojo: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
in simple English : You are on your own!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by gender123: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
grin
Abeg we dey busy, this piss piss man the disturb everybody for endorsement...
Na only una Waka go Ukraine, so make una Waka come back by una self oooooooo....

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by GemUnique(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
They should have known their Govt.
What were they even waiting for till this moment

Sure they saw warnings from the bigger countries, now it's all man for himself

Yoruba will say ''Ogun asotele kii p'aro...''

My thoughts and prayers with then anyways

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by Splitmind: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
TheManofTomorrow:

How will they leave?

Lazy youths undecided
Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by iambabaG: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by Thewrath(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
O.Y.O
Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by iambabaG: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by Splitmind: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
TheManofTomorrow:

How will they leave?

Lazy youths if anything happens they deserve it undecided
Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by olorunthobby(f): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
Nigeria is well known as a peacemaker country.... I urge the federal govt of Nigeria to interfere in Ukraine and Russia's intense conflict

I come in peace ✌️

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by Fuckingmallam45(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
H
Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by xynerise: 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
Normal levels. Kill or be killed
Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by rikax99197: 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
Chai
Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by Walkee: 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
youngreezy:
Buhari na confirm goat I swear and I no mean greatest of all time,I mean confirm ewu.... whoever dey support apc supposedie miserably I swear
what was he supposed to do?
Can you suggest?
Re: Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens by mfm04622: 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
DaniDani:
Why buhari and Dabiri Ebike or whatever will be responsible for the shock and condolence messages.

TUFIAKWA! WHAT AN INSENSITIVE GOVERNMENT!

Sensitive citizen, what do you expect FG to do for people stupid enough to remain in Ukraine when flights in and out of Ukraine has been suspended? Were they blind and deaf? When US and other countries were telling their people to leave Ukraine, what were Nigerians still doing there? Some schools asked their foreign students to leave. Any Nigerian in Ukraine is seriously on his or her own and that is the reality

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights / Air Peace Begins Dubai Flight Today / UK Ends Free NHS Care For Foreign Students & Immigrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.