Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month (31418 Views)

Banks Raise ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦‎200,000 / CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly / CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Lindodo20: 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You're just talking through your anus. There are countries with worse economies yet they still retain alternative pay systems that allow citizens spend and make transactions with any foreign currencies as they like . Unlike here where your Yahoo friends have virtually crippled all e-payment platforms like PayPal, Transwise and flutterwave from operating in Nigeria all because of cybercrimes. In fact, wasn't it for this same reason that CBN stopped cryptocurrency from operating in Nigeria ...? Mtchww...continue giving excuses for your Yahoo friends. Your unborn children go hear am . Nonsense

Look at this fool, what have yahoo boys and paypal got to do with dollar scarcity in Nigeria.

You're the typical BMC zombie with with no gray matter in their skull

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Bbbwings: 6:17pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You're just talking through your anus. There are countries with worse economies yet they still retain alternative pay systems that allow citizens spend and make transactions with any foreign currencies as they like . Unlike here where your Yahoo friends have virtually crippled all e-payment platforms like PayPal, Transwise and flutterwave from operating in Nigeria all because of cybercrimes. In fact, wasn't it for this same reason that CBN stopped cryptocurrency from operating in Nigeria ...? Mtchww...continue giving excuses for your Yahoo friends. Your unborn children go hear am . Nonsense
Mumu 20$ is just 10000naira.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by SirLakes: 6:17pm On Feb 25, 2022
Go Crypto....

End of Discussion
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by poiZon: 6:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
No, but it's one of the biggest places notorious for such activities .
Bobo no be yahoo boys be that issue, cbn dey discourage Nigerians from further depleting the reserve thru buying stuffs on foreign sites.
This is the sole reason nd not what u put up thr.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by WBworldwide: 6:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
Dialpad:
Beer parlor analysis filled with emotions.... you are the one that should be crying and fighting your government.... not me ....

Uneducated BS .....

You talk about unborn children, you should be worried about yours, you are stuck in the shit hole and still have the temerity to make noise and insult those whose problem in life is not limitation in card.

Kid .... grow up and do not insult others on a faceless forum.

Nor mind d Amala brain dead maniac
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Fraudulent activities and illegal money laundering schemes. That's why PayPal and other payment methods don't operate in Nigeria anymore. It's also one of the reasons why your spending is limited on International transactions with all banks nationwide

Everything in your post is false.

These limits are on their Naira cards because they don't have enough dollars at the official exchange rate to convert it for you.

However, if you have a Dollar or Pound card, these limitations do not apply to you.

Furthermore, PayPal had been available in Nigeria for years. You can pay with it, but not receive.

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Reference(m): 6:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
Further evidence of a failed state.
Even countries at war and under sanctions are not as fubar ed as Nigeria under the APC maladministration.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Reference(m): 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
BuddhaPalm:

Everything in your post is false.

These limits are on their Naira cards because they don't have enough dollars at the official exchange rate to convert it for you.

However, if you have a Dollar or Pound card, these limitations do not apply to you.

Furthermore, PayPal had been available in Nigeria for years. You can pay with it, but not receive.

Don't mind them.
A country that has lost practically all its statutory foreign investment and eroded real productivity by hyper inflation occasioned by mindless borrowing that does not reflect in the GDP.
An economy where 2 out of 3 naira flows via 'contracting'....
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by gentleguy1975: 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
viklegend:
Really pathetic, what can 20$ buy online?? Phone pack and a charger maybe... This is definitely condemning majority of Nigeria's to seek goods locally while those who can go ahead to import sell at exorbitant prices.
what about other banks?
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by NotGej: 6:45pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Fraudulent activities and illegal money laundering schemes. That's why PayPal and other payment methods don't operate in Nigeria anymore. It's also one of the reasons why your spending is limited on International transactions with all banks nationwide

You are very dumb. Refrain from commenting on issues you know nothing about.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Kaybee7000(m): 6:46pm On Feb 25, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

Lol! Suffer no dey tire Nigerians. Just imagine how useless your VISA/MC are, you all had better just get Verve tongue

How does the valve card works on international transaction comrade ?
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by rolams(m): 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2022
Useless!
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Eezyboy2: 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
When ever Nigerians talk... All I hear is ethnicity and religious hatred for one another.... Especially amongst the poor ones... Use of common sense completely substituted with ignorant rants... Instead of acknowledging the mess we are in and charting new course for sustainable growth...all we do is blame each other for our elders/elite misguided policies and laws... See other countries growing... Everyday new bad news for naija... Imagine how many more businesses will die because of this new policy... But it's only a matter of time e go reach everybody.

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by avalon7(m): 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:

People are always in a hurry to blame "yahoo boys". The truth is that all these companies stop providing their services in Nigeria because our government is corrupt and irresponsible. Banks are putting limits on international transactions because there's no dollar i.e foreign exchange, your politicians are transferring all the wealth we have to other countries. You should actually be grateful to these so called yahoo boys because they're to thank for a huge portion of the forex entering Nigeria
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by AntonVince: 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:

You must be an agent of this satanic government looking to shift blame as usual to mask your utter destruction of our economy.
Who told you PayPal doesn't operate in Nigeria?

See lame excuse, Yahoo boys, na wa o!
cheesy

Were there no Yahoo boys prior to the APC's ascension?
Are yahoo boys responsible for the government's calamitous fiscal policies?

2 Likes

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Deicide: 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
CaptainFM1:

Yahoo boy is not the main reason for setting dollar spending limit. Every country wants the money to remain in their country. No country wants people to repatriate the money meant for growing local economy.
How can they expect that to be when most of the things I get online I can't get them here in Nigeria? At least fix one issue first before introducing another. Now we are all stranded.

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by terrymason(m): 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2022
iLegendd:
This is why it's good to make and recieve your money in Dollar so that banks won't tell you the amount of Dollar to spend online.
Can you receive dollars directly to a virtual card, and use that card to shop online.

I don't mean Domiciliary account.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Dedemworld: 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
You are daft . So I can't earn legal money again abi...? Idiòt

It's ur Legal money that make them reduced it. OPONU.. idiot want to do Arbitrage. It's not for small small boys like u... mofo
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Jaqenhghar: 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2022
The most useless bank on this planet. I'd rather play Baba Ijebu with my money than put it in that "bank".
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Trendingbiz042: 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
...and we have our Yahoo boys and girls to thank for this . May God punish them wherever they are (amen)

I have never seen a stupid and idiotic person ever like you in my entire life. Pls where are you from? And what’s your level of educational qualifications?
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Charly68: 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
Whick kind bank policy be this ? How much is twenty Dollars in a month ..? My country currency has been destroyed by APC Govt.. yeeeh !
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by macrodata(m): 7:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
...and we have our Yahoo boys and girls to thank for this . May God punish them wherever they are (amen)
You're ignorant.

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by tito44: 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
my ashawo mother is a fvcking fool. Your country abused the means of transactions through dating scams and the rest and shes here shouting interpol. She is an just like my father Idiòt

You mean your mother is an idiot shocked? No wonder

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by viktor88: 7:29pm On Feb 25, 2022
iLegendd:
This is why it's good to make and recieve your money in Dollar so that banks won't tell you the amount of Dollar to spend online.
So from DOLLAR ACCOUNT one can spend any amount?
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by GreaterFuture(m): 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2022
thanksjosh005:
I think it's the time I subscribe to UBA. My dad just did a resub and I loved that gold card he was given but was quite expensive
??
What are you talking about??

Gold card is actually $100 monthly
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Ellixlimswag(m): 7:36pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Just open mouth waaaa

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Basheer22: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ammishaddai, I hope you have seen how your stupidity has brought disgrace to yourself and you your family. Illiteracy is a disease and you are a chronic patient.

1 Like

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by viklegend(m): 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2022
Born2conquer:
20$? UBA should come out straight if they're not interested in international transactions.

Its funny how official financial institutions can't provide USD but black markets can provide as much as 20k$ daily.

Guess the people supplying the black markets?

We are in a corrupt society... Everything goes

2 Likes

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by iLegendd(m): 7:53pm On Feb 25, 2022
yusluvad:
Boss, show me the way...

angelfallz:
If you are using UBA or any bank's dollar debit card would you have restrictions?

terrymason:
Can you receive dollars directly to a virtual card, and use that card to shop online.

I don't mean Domiciliary account.

viktor88:

So from DOLLAR ACCOUNT one can spend any amount?

Let me answer all of you at the same time to save time. There are too many ways. One of them is Dukascopy.

When you open an account with them, you can buy Virtual card for $20. I bought two virtual cards ($ and €) from them for $40.

I use the cards everywhere around the world. I use it on Binance, and every online store I want.

To verify with them, you need a valid international passport. That's the only ID they accept at the moment.

Today, being the 25th of February, Amazon sent me some money to that account. I will move it to their virtual card and spend it online if I want. Also, there is a better way I can move it around.

Yes, I used UBA Dollar card, but I haven't touched it for 5 months now. I just abandoned it with some money in it.

I no longer have interest in using Nigerian Dollar cards. I go foreign most times to give me extra spending freedom. So, I don't know the UBA limit.

Below are screenshots of Dukascopy. I heard they are rejecting some Nigerians nowadays. E be like say Nigerians don cast am, but it still works for me.

Every Nigerian Dollar card has limit nowadays, though large. I don't use them anymore, so I don't have any idea at the moment.

Yes and no. If the Dollar card is prepaid, yes you can recieve money directly to it, but if it's debit, you can't.

Every company has limit and restrictions to whatever they do. At the moment, I'm clueless on any Nigerian banks' limitations. Yes, I bank with more than 30 Nigerian banks, but I don't have much of their time of recent. So, I can't really answer some questions about them.

CBN made them to make too many changes that I can't keep up with.

For more info, consult Google or YouTube. I'm unavailable for now.

4 Likes

Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by thanksjosh005: 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
GreaterFuture:

??
What are you talking about??

Gold card is actually $100 monthly

And you think it's not "quite" expensive?
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by iLegendd(m): 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:

Boss, I'm still begging
No-go-area. Sorry about that, Sir.
Re: UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month by Blabbermouth: 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
Tccomms:

GTbank limit has been reverted back to $100

Check more here
The site only shows their debit card conversion rate, nothing 'bout the limit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Shun Supreme Court Order, Reject Old Naira Notes / CBN Sells Dollars To Banks For First Time In 5 Months / First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.