Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons (44709 Views)

Joe Biden Urged To Renounce Sole Control Of US Nuclear Weapons / North Korea Has 60 Nuclear Weapons & Could Launch Smallpox On Missile - US Army / World War 3 : North Korea Nuclear Weapons In Final Stages (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Awesometouch1: 11:17am On Feb 25, 2022
Ournolly:

I don't need to read your long unnecessary epistle.
What does Russia has that Britain doesn't?
Russia has more fire power than Britain, by far!
Russia produces their military hardware and doesn't depend on importation.
Russia has the natural resources to make far more if need be.
Russia has better, war studded soldiers to take super powers head on not running to their allies like Britain.

I seriously don't want to delve into this unnecessary argument as even you is aware that Britain will don't be dumb enough to take a mad country like Russia head on.
Russia has many countries that can take them head on but Britain is clearly not one of them.
In war, it's after it's set rolling that the industries a nation has are put to work, churning out weapons that will determine the course of that war and Russia doesn't have the economy to support this for long. Britain has the upper hand here.
Also it's not quantity that matters but the superior edge in quality and that's where Britain beats Russia in almost all areas.
On what front will Russia defeat Britain?
Absolutely not on the seas.
Not also on the air.
Parity could have been on land but whoever wins the war in the air is set for victory on land and Russia isn't the one.
Outside of nuclear war which no one wants. Russia will only be burdening any country that goes to war with it, with hundreds of thousands of prisoners of war which by convention are the responsibility of the country that took them as prisoners.
Russia has only struggled to build a military that's struggling to keep up with the west, from a fragile financial source that'll quickly be strangled to death on the event of a war, leaving them handicapped and begging for bread.
If this war with Ukraine lasts long enough, you may see Russians queueing up for food rations.
How I wish it was a more prepared country like France they are having this conflict with. You would've seen Russia unraveled but they know better than to face France in a war.
Russia is only flexing muscle against a much weaker neighbour.

What gives the Russians the edge over Ukraine is air superiority. Without that, we'll be looking at a stalemate here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Missionaire: 11:18am On Feb 25, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

I doubt Japan would want to fight.

When they remember Nagasaki and Hiroshima, they will think twice.

But the US failure in Vietnam hasn't stopped them from engaging in other wars.

What I am saying is that many countries have developed themselves beyond the point they were in the past.
Peace should be maintained by all means.
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Loveknitting: 11:23am On Feb 25, 2022
underpinna:
Making noise to impress Ukraine?

Go sit the fxck down

No mind them,
Like as if their haven't left Ukraine to her faith since 3days now.
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:23am On Feb 25, 2022
Missionaire:

But the US failure in Vietnam hasn't stopped them from engaging in other wars.

What I am saying is that many countries have developed themselves beyond the point they were in the past.
Peace should be maintained by all means.

Japan is different.

Up till now, they have not gotten over Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

They have had to devote years of rebuilding and healing to get to where they are today.

Ever wondered why they have greatly demilitarized?
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:25am On Feb 25, 2022
Astoria:
A lot of on-the-point analysis in your write-up. Thumbs up.
I don't deserve any credit the person I quoted when I mentioned you is the one deserving of it.

Anyway thank you.

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:38am On Feb 25, 2022
Awesometouch1:

In war, it's after it's set rolling that the industries a nation has are put to work, churning out weapons that will determine the course of that war and Russia doesn't have the economy to support this for long. Britain has the upper hand here.
Also it's not quantity that matters but the superior edge in quality and that's where Britain beats Russia in almost all areas.
On what front will Russia defeat Britain?
Absolutely not on the seas.
Not also on the air.
Parity could have been on land but whoever wins the war in the air is set for victory on land and Russia isn't the one.
Outside of nuclear war which no one wants. Russia will only be burdening any country that goes to war with it, with hundreds of thousands of prisoners of war which by convention are the responsibility of the country that took them as prisoners.
Russia has only struggled to build a military that's struggling to keep up with the west, from a fragile financial source that'll quickly be strangled to death on the event of a war, leaving them handicapped and begging for bread.
If this war with Ukraine lasts long enough, you may see Russians queueing up for food rations.
How I wish it was a more prepared country like France they are having this conflict with. You would've seen Russia unraveled but they know better than to face France in a war.
Russia is only flexing muscle against a much weaker neighbour.

What gives the Russians the edge over Ukraine is air superiority. Without that, we'll be looking at a stalemate here.

You have clearly underrated Russia.

Even the experts who rank militaries (without factoring in access to nuclear weapons) have always rated the Russian military over the British military.

In 2015, when the British military was ranked 5th, the Russian military was second.

Now that the British military has shrunk to the point that it even worries the United States (who is their closest ally), they can never be a match to the Russian military.

As for France, the Indian Army alone will dismantle it, not to mention Russia.
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Dasilva12: 11:44am On Feb 25, 2022
NigeriaZoo:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/france-says-putin-needs-understand-nato-has-nuclear-weapons-2022-02-24/
YOU SEE ALL THOSE BITCH THAT SUPPORT RUSSIA ARE PLANING TO JAPA GO USA OO, THEY NEVER DREAM OF RUSSIA ONCE.
BUNCH OF SCUMBAG.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Greatdand007(m): 11:58am On Feb 25, 2022
Geeflow:

You just ignorantly shouting largest military, have you ever thought of largest economy? Controlling the world is more than just military might. Is there any nation on earth that doesn't make use of the dollar? Think of that point first.

It doesn’t matter jare
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Psoul(m): 12:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Ain't sure no country will want to go nuclear except they want to destroy humanity completely..

“I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest. “ —Winston Churchill, 1 Oct, 1939.

I so much believe this position and analysis of this legendary wise man, Churchill.
All Putin is doing is for the Rusian National interest. For this, he can never try using even the smallest nuclear weapon.
Going nuclear means he will also be destroying his own people. There won't be a winner in a nuclear war. Everyone will be a loser.
Even the remaining people alive will wish they are better dead.
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by brandsoncharlie: 12:07pm On Feb 25, 2022
wenogodie2:

Just your username clearly shows you aren't living in reality and don't have any access to the news
Some Russian soldiers were arrested in Ukraine territory yesterday and the guy stiil dey talk say na separatists.. grin
That guy is very funny.

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
Psoul:

“I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest. “ —Winston Churchill, 1 Oct, 1939.

I so much believe this position and analysis of this legendary wise man, Churchill.
All Putin is doing is for the Rusian National interest. For this, he can never try using even the smallest nuclear weapon.
Going nuclear means he will also be destroying his own people. There won't be a winner in a nuclear war. Everyone will be a loser.
Even the remaining people alive will wish they are better dead.
Exactly..
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
Spineless NATO why they never allow Ukraine Join EU all these while
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by DaveHarry(m): 12:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
So the West/NATO is leaving Ukraine to fight their own fight when they are the cause of the fight. E no really good to depend on anybody.
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Mccullum: 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
franchasng:
I have said this countless times.

NATO will destroy Russia in few days should war escalate but the problem is leadership. Current leaders of NATO member nations are cowards, they lack the willpower and courage to use their strength and might. Even to disconnect Russia from SWIFT they cant summon the courage to do it and cripple Russian economy immediately.

If Vladimir Putin was a US President right now, Russia will be retreating in hours.

Its not as if Russia is that strong, yes they have military might but they are almost a poor country, but they have a strong man as President who understands the law of power and how to lead a war. He talks tough thereby making opponents to see Russia as the greatest giant. Vladimir Putin is the strongest President on earth right now but Russia is never the strongest nation.

Some people are rich but don't command the respect, thats the case of US now under Pa Joe Biden. US have gradually become a toothless bulldog under Democratic leadership, what a shame.

Just make Vladimir Putin the President of US and Joe Biden the President of Russia and watch Russians pissing in their pants with fear.

In as much as I condemn Russian invasion of Ukraine, I must admit that I admire Putin's courage and guts, its unparalleled

You don't understand MAD, had it been you have knowledge of it, you wouldn't be expecting US and NATO to engage Russia in conventional war.
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by doshiyad1: 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
NigeriaZoo:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/france-says-putin-needs-understand-nato-has-nuclear-weapons-2022-02-24/

So what is what is NATO waiting for? Until all the poor and innocent people of Ukraine die all ba. We are following!
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by emapeteum(m): 1:18pm On Feb 25, 2022
engrsyer:
No shaking. Russia has done all his risk analysis before embarking on this war. He knows NATO allies has nukes as well and he has warned them of immediate reprisal if any country misbahaves. Sanctions has no power. Russia also has allies even if it is not up to NATO/West. So Paris should keep quiet and watch the movie. By sunday Zelensky would surrender.
A black man celebrating evil. Putin, the vicious evil man has lost over 450 men
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by peppermint7(m): 1:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

He has nuclear warheads. Hitler had none. So, he can do far more than Hitler.

This has always been the fear of the West, to have nuclear warheads in the hands of a despot.

Before NATO can reach a consensus to go to war, Putin would have devastated the world.

You did not see how quickly he gave order for his troops to attack right in the middle of a peace talk?
Comrade hitler no reach half of wetin hitler do
Whom the gods wants to destroy he makes them mad first
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by TrueNigerian300: 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2022
Awesometouch1:

Yes, you make much sense but Putin is only doing this because he is sure NATO won't intervene directly. NATO has said it repeatedly over couple of weeks they won't send soldiers to defend Ukraine.
Russia had been using one foot at a time to test the waters before taking their next step each time. They also know the boundaries NATO has set as red-line and won't cross it.
However, if Ukraine decides to fight it out, Russia will lose eventually, going by the world's definition of defeat. Ukraine has the man power. They just lack the tools, resources, and maybe, training.

Do you know what?, had the US suddenly risen to defend Ukraine before now there wouldn't have been any invasion. Russia would've still saved face since they've been claiming they were not out for invasion and that the West was only imagining it.

Furthermore, if NATO decides now to push Russia out of Ukraine Russia will freak out and will more than welcome negotiations.

My brother, nobody wants a nuclear war. If Russia wasn't nuclear powered, Britain would've been the first country to declare war on Russia immediately they invaded Ukraine just like the way they declared war on Germany the instant they invaded Poland.

It was not by chance you and I speak English today. Great Britain has reigned supreme on the face of this earth for centuries and in fact were even instrumental in the creation of a German state. Britain has had such tremendous influence on the rest of Europe that will surprise you. Before I used to think all European countries were equal but I was wrong. Britain is a Master in Europe.

Right now, Britain is the only country I've heard make mention of an eventual direct military conflict with Russia over Ukraine. That's the kind of bloody fighters they are. According to those that know, they are the only country that has successfully beaten Russia to the point of surrendering after invading them.

Forget that they are smaller, the British are the ones with the real chest for war. America shy away from war by all means unless they are pushed to the wall like the 9/11 and Pearlharbour.

Had Russia been responsible for a thing like 9/11, America would've descended on them with their whole might irrespective of any noise from Putin.

See how this one is talking of Russia as if it is Libya. Smh. The country with the most advanced nuclear capability, NATO dare not make such a mistake you think they are foolish and don't know what Russia is capable of ? Can you see Ukrainian president crying that everyone left them to fight alone? You see Putin already warn them all to back off and Biden only shouting sanctions. The only country that has red line here is Russia - and that is Ukraine must not be allowed to join NATO the rest are just making noise.

There is no winner in a nuclear war that part of Ukraine is already gone there is nothing Ukraine or anybody can do about it just like Crimea.In few years or months they will conduct a referendum and join Russia. At the end Russia is the winner here even if everything becomes normal.The west can wail all they want.
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by ebufa: 1:32pm On Feb 25, 2022
blueAgent:

And still lost the war.
Overhyped nation.

olodo! russia won the ww2 against nazi germany...............what kind of illiterates full here sef!
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by ocelot2006(m): 1:48pm On Feb 25, 2022
I'm quite certain Putin knows that.
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by maasoap(m): 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2022
ayindejimmy:
The thing with democracy is the bureaucratic process of doing things. Whereas a dictator doesn't need anyone's approval.

Major conflicts are usually started by dictators

Russians are now regrecting the power they've unknowingly given Putin

Russians told you that in your dream, right?
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by ocelot2006(m): 1:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
peppermint7:

Pure trash
If the Allied forces chooses to strike
Russia will be gone in minutes

E no get wetin e wan do wer go pass wetin Hitler do
He should tread well because it will not end well

This is Super Storyyyy. If the nukes go off, be rest assured that Russia will equally attack in full force. Good luck blocking a barrage of ICMBs with multiple warheads, each armed with kilotons of nuclear warheads, PLUS nuclear tipped hypersonic missiles. Continental United States and Europe will burn, so will the Russian motherland. No one wins.
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by ayindejimmy(m): 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2022
maasoap:

Russians told you that in your dream, right?

Get informed
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by ayindejimmy(m): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2022
ocelot2006:

This is Super Storyyyy. If the nukes go off, be rest assured that Russia will equally attack in full force. Good luck blocking a barrage of ICMBs with multiple warheads, each armed with kilotons of nuclear warheads, PLUS nuclear tipped hypersonic missiles. Continental United States and Europe will burn, so will the Russian motherland. No one wins.

So you're saying only Russia will face all NATO allies and no one will win.
Obviously, NATO Win.
Russia will only face the US. They can't fire at over 30 countries simultaneously with all those countries firing back.
NATO is the strongest alliance in the world. No country can win that alliance
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by Wisfem: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2022
[quote author=mumumugu post=110524364]is not Ukraine vs Russia. This is Ukraine vs Ukraine sessionist which Russia support.

It is like Nigeria vs Biafra but England supporting Biafra.

Let us not hype this into third world war[/quote

You know all the NATO lies and chronic Western media propaganda, to vilify and demonize Putin
To further all goals using Ukraine as the push dogs....
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by JOemmy(m): 2:14pm On Feb 25, 2022
franchasng:

NATO will destroy Russia in few days should war escalate but the problem is leadership. Current leaders of NATO member nations are cowards, they lack the willpower and courage to use their strength and might. Even to disconnect Russia from SWIFT they cant summon the courage to do it and cripple Russian economy immediately.

If Vladimir Putin was a US President right now, Russia will be retreating in hours.

Its not as if Russia is that strong, yes they have military might but they are almost a poor country, but they have a strong man as President who understands the law of power and how to lead a war. He talks tough thereby making opponents to see Russia as the greatest giant. Vladimir Putin is the strongest President on earth right now but Russia is never the strongest nation.

Some people are rich but don't command the respect, thats the case of US now under Pa Joe Biden. US have gradually become a toothless bulldog under Democratic leadership, what a shame.

Just make Vladimir Putin the President of US and Joe Biden the President of Russia and watch Russians pissing in their pants with fear.

In as much as I condemn Russian invasion of Ukraine, I must admit that I admire Putin's courage and guts, its unparalleled

NATO can actually defeat Russia but the cost of the victory won't be a sweat one many cities will become deserts, millions of people from NATO countries will die from russian nuclear weapons. Any responsible reasonable leader will do anything humanly possible to avoid such magnitude of wastage of human lives and properties.
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by revolt(m): 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
Feminism and sjw have weakened the west. They now have sissy men there thats why Putin damned all of them. Plus let's be realistic with Russia on this.. if they left Cuba after America threatened in 1960s... why isn't the west backing down on Ukraines desire to join NATo?.. Like I've always told these SJWs...... everytime you weaken a nation and raise soft men other strong men invade. That's why it's important to maintain so called masculinity. Now all the feminists are hoping other men go and fight Putin. Bur their men are weakling now and don't have the same balls their forefathers had in the 1940s. Russia will take Ukraine and nothing will happen. Belarus, and other Slavic allies are in on this. Western Europe is hoping America fights for them. Lol... A large majority of Americans are not interested in this.. Now you all understand why Trump pulled the plug on NATO. MEANWHILE China is waiting to invade taiwan..Taiwan... North Korea watching keenly to invade skorea. Japan had started building its army again. Iran is drooling to go for the kill on israel.. Western Europe is half moslem. Moslems will prefer to side with their Slavic cousins.. lol Western europe lacks the balls in this fight. U.s image dwindling in the eyes of the east. Its funny some of you actually think Russia is alone. Germany cannot even cut ties with Russia. Russia supplies their energy. Lol
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by maasoap(m): 2:24pm On Feb 25, 2022
peppermint7:

Pure trash
[s] If the Allied forces chooses to strike
Russia will be gone in minutes [/s]

E no get wetin e wan do wer go pass wetin Hitler do
He should tread well because it will not end well

They can't and they will never try that. E get why. Hitler didn't have nuclear bomb and that was what it took to stop WWII
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by revolt(m): 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2022
maasoap:

They can't and they will never try that. E get why
which allied forces...? America is nato. Europe men have been reduced to weakling and sjws... so now they are supposed to suddenly grow masculine again. After years of emasculation lol... dreamers.

1 Like

Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by maasoap(m): 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2022
franchasng:

[s] NATO will destroy Russia in few days should war escalate but the problem is leadership. [/s] Current leaders of NATO member nations are cowards, they lack the willpower and courage to use their strength and might. Even to disconnect Russia from SWIFT they cant summon the courage to do it and cripple Russian economy immediately.

NATO will destroy a nuclear armed nation in few days, lol. I wonder how many days it took to destroy ordinary Iraq or Libya?
You don't attack a superpower nation like Russia without unimaginable consequences for all the participating members of NATO.
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by awoo47: 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2022
Elitefosa:

So what do you think, the West would stand still and watch the world wiped out?

One thing you need to understand is, Ukraine is not Russia (Putin's) goal, it's a test! Once they (he) succeeds, he wont stop there. They would move on to other regions.... Think about that!

for analogy and understanding sake: Think about Abacha, did you think for once he thought the money he has stolen was enough? Think about the people he kept eliminating because he thought they'd be in his way! can you see the pattern?
I'm sure putin lofty goal can't pass the old soviet union. He can neva be foolish to attack Europe. And he knows well that NATO won't risk a war with russia because of Ukraine. If a full scale war comes up, china will definitely be d winner. it'll alter the world order
Re: Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons by franugo(m): 3:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
Greatdand007:

Google is yiur friend check and confirm

I could say the same for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Image Of Pregnant Trump Cradled By Putin Is Projected Onto NY Building / Americans Mock Donald Trump Over His Loss (Video) / British MP, David Amess, Stabbed To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.