Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker (12628 Views)

As A Federal Government Worker, How Will You Celebrate This Christmas? / Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution? / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by mytravels: 8:00am On Feb 25, 2022
Hi guys

Please i have a question, the way i am seeing EFCC and ICPC confiscating corrupt politicians and government workers assets, what if ones money is not from stealing public funds?

I am still young and have this big dream of becoming rich, and i know with government job you will never be rich( i mean rich).

So what if i start business and it become successful such that i have assets everywhere, will EFCC still seize those assets thinking i got them by stealing public funds, or what did Nigerian law says?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 25, 2022
why not? just dont stole from the government and invest in your business

8 Likes

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by doggedfighter(f): 8:35am On Feb 25, 2022
Start the business and get the assets first.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by dawnomike(m): 8:40am On Feb 25, 2022
mytravels:
Hi guys

Please i have a question, the way i am seeing EFCC and ICPC confiscating corrupt politicians and government workers assets, what if ones money is not from stealing public funds?

I am still young and have this big dream of becoming rich, and i know with government job you will never be rich( i mean rich).

So what if i start business and it become successful such that i have assets everywhere, will EFCC still seize those assets thinking i got them by stealing public funds, or what did Nigerian law says?

Lalasticlala
so long you do not get involved in anything close to corruption or fraud in public/civil service... Your biz life is secured.

15 Likes

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by OlujobaSamuel: 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hmmmmmmmm, except farming (livestock and crops), stocks and shares, you are not legally allowed to engage in any business, however, so many are doing it, just pray you don't enter the bad book of those wey get power pass you for work.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by tito44: 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2022
Buhari's son Yusuf the biker has Assets and Liquid cash everywhere, He is not a federal govt worker and he is not a businessman. Guess where he got the assets from...

Moral of the story: You can become anything you want to be.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by anonimi: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
Hisbah21:
why not? just dont stole from the government and invest in your business

He should be concerned about the Civil Service Rules allowing him to do business with government paid time or not.
I don't think it is allowed.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by Mophor: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by tobenuel(m): 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
Go on
Do your business
Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by Jestin: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
This is one of the reasons we take Government work as a joke in Nigeria. Oga Abeg face your government work .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
Read the richest man in Babylon

1 Like

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by CelestineNelson: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
T
Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by fitinwell: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
mytravels:
Hi guys

Do you think ..Efcc and Icpc,.. or AMCON
just go after people because they have assets? Go and channel your question Rightly..?

They only go after Civil Servants that stole public funds to enrich themselves..

Even if you are a Federal Government worker and business man..

If by crook you corner Federal Government project like Road construction ... You collect Money and you didn't excute what the project is meant for...

You brought fleet of cars.. you gave Tithes in millions. ..you throw parties they spray money...

You built estates..

One day monkey go go market no go come back..

Means that you will be caught ..

2 Likes

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by ApostlePaul14: 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
According to the constitution u are only allowed to go into farming (any type)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by anonimi: 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
mytravels:
Hi guys

Assuming you cross the hurdle of getting approval to do business with government paid time, you will need to keep your tax records as proof that you made the wealth legit, if/when EFCC comes for you.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by anonimi: 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
ApostlePaul14:
According to the constitution u are only allowed to go into farming (any type)

I thought as much as per the Civil Service Rules.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by oloripeter(m): 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
Don't have the thinken of stealing government money
Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by Dymaco(m): 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
I don't know as a civil servant but as a politician, you must declare your assests and also step down from your company as board of directors before running for a post. I don't know if same rules applies to federal workers
Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
Potential thief spotted! Because you can’t get the kind rich wey dey your eyes with Government work except you thief!

Why are you thinking of EFCC if you don’t have intentions of stealing ? Will court jail you if there’s no evidence of your crime ?
Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by fasho01(m): 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
Sure..
Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by jojo1415: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2022
Once ur account statements can attest to ur source of income,u don't have issues....but I wil advice u not to use ur salary account in running ur business enterprise...all these crooks in uniform sabi rope person in, into wetin him no do. cry

3 Likes

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by digitite: 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2022
Depends on the type of business. Just do what you are passionate about.

1 Like

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by JuanDeDios: 2:24pm On Feb 25, 2022
mytravels:
Hi guys

I think you're only allowed to FARM as a public sector worker. But why not shun the civil service, face business and become rich?

3 Likes

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by OMBIIGA: 2:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
Op you can't serve two master at a time. According to the civil service rules, it's an aberration for you to be engaged in businesses with exception to farming.

1 Like

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by tetralogyfallot(m): 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2022
Yes
Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by kenechukwuori(m): 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2022
There's a very good business that will pay you forever and you will hand it over to those after you if you can be consistent in 2-4yrs period without any government agency or whatsoever coming after you...I could link you to a zoom briefing, chat or call 08064320779 for more info

1 Like

Re: Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker by chiefmc: 2:35pm On Feb 25, 2022
Just confirm if the code of conduct act allows you to do both. Else it will be conflict of interest, which may still be punishable offence

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Life Of The Secretary Securing Her Future On ₦70k/month / FG Promotes 2,932 Senior Civil Servants / Breaking News: Kogi State Wheelbarrow Pushers Embarked On Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.