Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! (542 Views)

Russian Scientists Condemn Ukraine Invasion / Russia Mocks U.S, Biden & The West Over "Fake" Claims Of Ukraine Invasion (Pics) / Photo Of A U.S Soldier Nursing The Afghan Baby Handed Over By Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Chimex388: 8:25pm On Feb 25, 2022
shocked
.:
This Ukrainian couple spent their first day of marriage collecting rifles to defend their country
From CNN's Ivana Kottasová in Kyiv

Yaryna Arieva and Sviatoslav Fursin spent their first day of marriage collecting their rifles to defend Ukraine.

Ukrainian citizens Yaryna Arieva and Sviatoslav Fursin got married just hours after Russia launched its invasion of their country. They spent their first day as a married couple collecting their rifles and getting ready to defend Ukraine.

It was supposed to be a May wedding, but the couple were no longer sure of what their future holds.

Arieva and Fursin have both signed up with the Territorial Defense Forces, a branch of Ukraine’s armed forces that is comprised mostly of volunteers. Once armed, the couple headed to the office of their political party, the European Solidarity.

“Right now, we are here and we are doing everything we can. So there is a lot of work to do, but still, I hope everything will be OK," Arieva said, adding that some civilians who are not part of the defense force were also given rifles.

“There are some places you can get them, and you just sign the papers, and you can go and protect your country,” she said. “That's the situation right now.”

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-25-22/h_75e9d2f5d1275b84ffaa349efe40ceb6
OR
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/02/24/europe/ukraine-wedding-invasion-thursday-intl/index.html?espv=1
Mukina2
Mdyn44
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Olaoluwa112(m): 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2022
Oyinbo and their weird life.

Meanwhile, twitter is still very peaceful, we haven't been seeing any protest from those feminist.
Thought, we all want equity, we want people to regard the ta genders with same respect, but urkrine president just hit them on their faces and they ain't saying anything.

Iyeebe where art thou?
Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Zonefree(m): 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
White men and mum u things
There's no mumu here.

Getting married to the Love of your life and defending your country is not Mumu.

The real mumus are people getting married to Nigerian girls in a sh1thole!

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by ghettowriter(m): 8:29pm On Feb 25, 2022
Even in war, Love Rules.

~Me

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Blackbelly(m): 8:29pm On Feb 25, 2022
I hope their love survives the war.
Zonefree:

There's no mumu here.

Getting married to the Love of your life and defending your country is not Mumu.

The real mumus are people getting married to Nigerian girls in a sh1thole!
You were making sense before your last paragraph
Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Zonefree(m): 8:34pm On Feb 25, 2022
Blackbelly:

You were making sense before your last paragraph
The last paragraph is the real sensible thing I said there.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Northernblood5(m): 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2022
IPOB 2nd division,this is what we call freedom fighting. You don't destroy people's goods and freedom of movement on Mondays and expect Patriotism from them just because a criminal in Finland called Ekpa told you to do so

Igbos, I hope we can see that USA and U.K will never give a Shiit even if we tag them from now till 2050. I don't support Russia invading the main land of Ukraine but, i think that it is easier to get Biafra through Puttin than Sleepy Joe.
Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Chimex388: 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2022
ghettowriter:
Even in war, Love Rules.

~Me
Probably the spirit Ukrainians need to conquer this

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Chimex388: 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2022
Blackbelly:
That will be an inspiring aftermart story
Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2022
After exchanging marriage vows. And your first gift you collect are guns
Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Jackanda1(m): 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2022
If Putin is so worried about national security, he should try to invade Poland, Estonia or Latvia, we want to check something grin
Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Chimex388: 9:36pm On Feb 25, 2022
Jackanda1:
If Putin is so worried about national security, he should try to invade Poland, Estonia or Latvia, we want to check something grin
Omo, Na the real war be that.. NATO in full gear
Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Chimex388: 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
After exchanging marriage vows. And your first gift you collect are guns
Talk of a 'bright future'.. Smh
Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Chimex388: 7:17am On Feb 26, 2022
The worst will be if the war escalated bro Regions.. Putin has already recognized TelAviv as Israeli capital against Jerusalem (backed by the west).Hence, supporting the Palestine government. It's going to be bloody if the Islamic states venture into theirs.
Re: Ukraine Invasion: Wedding Takes place, Couple handed Rifles!! by Chimex388: 7:18am On Feb 26, 2022
Ripple effect is gonna be infinitum.
Nations against Nations.. cry cry angry shocked sad

(1) (Reply)

Biden Demands Faster Drop In Gas Prices As Oil Tumbles / US Thanks Russia For Returning Astronaut / Russia: US Labs In Nigeria Responsible For Monkeypox Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.