Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,148 members, 7,807,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains (34955 Views)

U.S Vetoes Palestinian Bid For Recognition As Full U.N Member State / US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza / WW3 Fears As China And Russia Join Forces For Massive War Games(Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by BIZNess123(m): 8:08am On Feb 26, 2022
Soffyh:
I swear!USA can never entertain such thing but they keep shouting on Russia Russia, I personally hate this kind shit sef,when u forgot ur superiors and u start growing wings to ur mentor,the next thing is to treat u with iron hands nah

You are on point bro
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Ayt27(m): 8:09am On Feb 26, 2022
DropsMic:
Interesting times ahead...

the stupid west really think that China will pass on an opportunity to align when Russia... grin grin

Make another country join body first then y'all will know where their loyalty lies

To me China is the smartest on ground, get everybody to open their hand, maintain neutrality as long as possible.

If China wanted to force NATO's/WEST hand let them move the millitary to the shores where they can invade Taiwan, just to see thier reaction, as for Hong Kong, they know they are the owners.

Only reason China supports Russia is pretty much because of the rivalry btw them and the west, with that old saying the enemy of my enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by hotwax: 8:09am On Feb 26, 2022
Soffyh:
I swear!USA can never entertain such thing but they keep shouting on Russia Russia, I personally hate this kind shit sef,when u forgot ur superiors and u start growing wings to ur mentor,the next thing is to treat u with iron hands nah

Treat a sovereign country with iron hands. Russia shouldn't have allow Ukraine become a sovereign country. They made mistake a allowing it to be.

Legally Ukraine is a country and should not be treated as someone else farm. So Russia is the illegal aggressor.

This is why Israel is ensuring Palestine does not become sovereign. Once it's becomes a country, Israeli will be regarded as criminals

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by meeky247: 8:11am On Feb 26, 2022
Ghana is a country closer to us Nigeria anything they are voting for they should consider Nigeria intrest but public and international interest if not they are on there own and if anything happens that a common stone is thrown by any country in Nigeria, Nigeria will bombard them without knowing the color of there skin or seeing there merciful eyes. We are just managing boko haram because they are equally our country men do not take that as a weakness.

2 Likes

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Yancy(m): 8:13am On Feb 26, 2022
I didn't expect China to vote in favour in any case not after what Japan did to them during WWII.

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Guyman02: 8:13am On Feb 26, 2022
Dbegining:

All countries on the security council has a vote.

A vote of Russia can't"case close" a resolution especially when there are many saying no.

Don't you know how voting works?
Russia isn't God on the security council you know.

You were quite funny when you said "Russia vetoed it, case closed" cheesy

You guys are shamefully ignorant, Russia has VETO POWER and any resolution either of the 5 countries with veto power says 'NO' (USA, France, Britain, China and Russia) ultimately fails and can't pass.

What America can do now is to take the matter to the General Assembly where majority will carry the vote and it's just a formality as no action can be taken based on it because there's a veto already.

2 Likes

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 26, 2022
modsfucker:

Has Bush been disgraced for invading Iraq and having Saddam executed over a false flag?
when US government wanted to invade Iraq the world saw the largest protest in human history there was protest in over 600 cities around the world ,they still went ahead to invade Iraq,the truth is ones an agressor has made up his mind to invade there is no amount opposition that can stop them.The only way out is to listen to his security concern or fight him.

After all this resolution if Putin refuse to stop the aggression it's only sanction that will come in ,UN does not have a standing army.If we really mean good to Ukraine the world should fight Putin or listen to his security concern

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Winters23: 8:21am On Feb 26, 2022
Stevenson20:

It seems you don't really know what's going on. Taiwan have said it I bet and over again that they are not part of China.

IPOB/Biafra have said it over and over that they're not part of Nigeria, so?

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:22am On Feb 26, 2022
Mossadd:
Lol I talk am.China will rather abstain than to vote against Russia US go they look China with one kind eye whereas they did the same thing when terrorist Israel were raining fire on innocent palenstin may GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS PRESIDENT PUTIN
They didn't exactly Vote For Russia's invasion either.
By the way, Putin and most Russians in general dislike Africans.

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Ladycewhy(f): 8:23am On Feb 26, 2022
Obinnau:
This has devolved into a squabble of hens. Whereas Ukraine is suffering.

The fact remains that other countries has seen how USA has handled its foreign policies and engagements and no one is willing to risk their necks. Other smaller countries are watching
I am very much interested in Finland and what their final call will be.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Soffyh(m): 8:24am On Feb 26, 2022
tradepunter:

Useless senseless baseless talk with void of fact with serious deficiency of logic and knowledge
lol ur brothers dey Ukraine bah grin
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Nlanalyst: 8:27am On Feb 26, 2022
Two missiles should be sent to Africa. To Ghana and Kenya each.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by saintadeola: 8:29am On Feb 26, 2022
Thank u my brother,u said the truth,west are hypocrites,how many people condem Israel on Palestine
Mossadd:
Lol I talk am.China will rather abstain than to vote against Russia US go they look China with one kind eye whereas they did the same thing when terrorist Israel were raining fire on innocent palenstin may GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS PRESIDENT PUTIN

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 26, 2022
Mossadd:

China astaining is even better for US and worse for Russia who thought China is firmly with them, But they are standing on the fence.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by FirstSon01: 8:33am On Feb 26, 2022
Truthisunique2:
FirstSon01 I tell you say China and India no be Russia friend in reality

Dem still prefer west to share power round than for Russia to have it alone

Abstaining no be support for Russia, China and India don't have fear of west so they got no reason to claim neutral

India would have given full yes if not they want to pay Ukraine for not supporting them

All the countries that abstained from the vote are Russia's allies. They have openly supported Russia and against Ukraine in this face-off, so abstaining is just a diplomatic action.

3 Likes

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by saintadeola: 8:37am On Feb 26, 2022
For ur mind,have they not been sanctioned, USA is d father of all evil,very selfish, is USA perceived major threat in Mexico,they will do thesame,u don't like Russia,but u are taking imminent threat to his boundary,u must react,Israel sees palatine as enemy,they seize there land and kill dem everyday,why did the UN not condemn istria,west is hopcritesquote author=xperiencelove post=110559215]Only failed educated graduates are the ones that think China will join Russia in unreasonable fight against USA and the UK! If the US, Canada, the entire UK and EU ban only Chinese products from entering their domains, then the end is near for China.
Even in tech, if USA decided to stop supporting Chinese phones with android, Chinese phones might become the thing of the past like Blackberry phones.[/quote]
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by DeepSight(m): 8:38am On Feb 26, 2022
Stevenson20:

So that there'll be confusion everywhere. This comrade shaa grin grin

It's not that I support war, no. I am just speaking strategy. No time like now. The West will be weak, confused as you said and there will be no momentum to act against them. Also no justification, since they cannot react militarily to Russia's actions.

They may not get another chance like this.

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by UNRULY(m): 8:39am On Feb 26, 2022
As for me, i'll do exactly what Puttin is doing rn.
You cannot invite my enemy to bring weapons of mass destruction to my border/doorstep. That is a provocative aggression. If na me the military exercise will not exceed 48hours. Cos thats enough time for me to overun the country.
Nonesense and NATO

3 Likes

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by liasmiram2567: 8:42am On Feb 26, 2022
Mossadd:
But how them come allow all those small small African countries to vote when our almight giant of African didn't vote?

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.un.org/securitycouncil/content/current-members&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwig1tet7Jz2AhXSy4UKHQhtAm4QFnoECAYQAg&usg=AOvVaw2GhUNmU70j1rw0QVTUZlea.
Nigeria is not listed as one of the 10 non-permanent members.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Truthisunique2: 8:44am On Feb 26, 2022
FirstSon01:

All the countries that abstained from the vote are Russia's allies. They have openly supported Russia and against Ukraine in this face-off, so abstaining is just a diplomatic action.
Russia allies that can't openly stand for an ally

Are you aware turkey have openly supported Russia and say the Black sea remain open to them if they want

Abstaining isn't diplomatic, you are either for me or against me

1 Like

Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by babz11(m): 8:46am On Feb 26, 2022
Wait why is Nigeria not in the list?
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 26, 2022
Na wa o! The same way Only the US vote in favor of Israel while the other entire world vote against or abstain
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by ayindejimmy(m): 8:48am On Feb 26, 2022
Mossadd:

Do you even know when to give up?

I'm sure even Putin knows when to
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by ayindejimmy(m): 8:52am On Feb 26, 2022
BIZNess123:
tongue
War is a no no..
But if you are forced to defend ur citizens against imminent danger and catastrophe you will have no other choice..

For peace to reign Ukrainian president should step down or avoid anything that has to do with NATO..

I bet you US will do same if Russia belongs to sth similar to NATO and Cuba is a member..

Every member of the United Nations present yesterday recognise the sovereignty of Ukraine. Do you know what that means?

Only Ukrainian can decide for Ukraine. So whether it joins NATO or not- it's up to Ukrainians only.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by DeepSight(m): 8:52am On Feb 26, 2022
meeky247:
Ghana is a country closer to us Nigeria anything they are voting for they should consider Nigeria intrest but public and international interest if not they are on there own and if anything happens that a common stone is thrown by any country in Nigeria, Nigeria will bombard them without knowing the color of there skin or seeing there merciful eyes. We are just managing boko haram because they are equally our country men do not take that as a weakness.

Nigeria is impotent.
Not intrinsically - but by leadership.

PS: Your post is stupid.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 26, 2022
Stevenson20:
From China's actions and inactions, Russia has the backing of China. They are preparing to Invade Taiwan if Russia succeeds
Lol, don’t be too sure. China could have have Voted NO as per economic Allie to Russia but it is obvious China is not in support of Russia’s invading of Ukraine that is why they decided to be neutral.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 26, 2022
babz11:
Wait why is Nigeria not in the list?
They are not among
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 26, 2022
saintadeola:
For ur mind,have they not been sanctioned, USA is d father of all evil,very selfish, is USA perceived major threat in Mexico,they will do thesame,u don't like Russia,but u are taking imminent threat to his boundary,u must react,Israel sees palatine as enemy,they seize there land and kill dem everyday,why did the UN not condemn istria,west is hopcritesquote author=xperiencelove post=110559215]Only failed educated graduates are the ones that think China will join Russia in unreasonable
fight against USA and the UK! If the US, Canada, the entire UK and EU ban only Chinese products from entering their domains, then the end is near for China.
Even in tech, if USA decided to stop supporting Chinese phones with android, Chinese phones might become the thing of the past like Blackberry phones.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way mr Naive. It’s obvious you don’t know your postulation will affect the world economy really badly. Your are taking about the World 2nd largest economy- China. Haba! Even some of the western countries are hesitant in sanctioning Russia for its actions against Ukraine because it would negatively affect their own economy as well. You obviously did not listen to Biden speech. The US citizens itself is beginning to feel the pain of high gasoline prices as a result of Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by Tevext: 8:55am On Feb 26, 2022
We don't have to use emotion. US are also guilty let forget CNN report.
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Putin can only try but he won't succeed.. he wants to keep Shelling then let him go on..
This is a bloody dictator and an upcoming Hitler.. forceful invasion..
No sane person or country wanna associate with a disaster..I hope to see how Russia can keep on going with everyone against them..
Your economy is almost in shambles and you keep annexing forcefully without any reasonable plan..
The evil needs to be cut off from the world..

Ukrainians are determined not to give up so easily and that's a great one..this is pure bully nothing else.. Putin will forever be known as a weakling..a weakling who is good at bullying his little brother cos of his selfish benefit..
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:57am On Feb 26, 2022
Tevext:
We don't have to use emotion. US are also guilty let forget CNN report.
Ok
Re: Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains by FirstSon01: 9:00am On Feb 26, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Russia allies that can't openly stand for an ally

Are you aware turkey have openly supported Russia and say the Black sea remain open to them if they want

Abstaining isn't diplomatic, you are either for me or against me

Did you read the Russian ambassador's address?? He "thanked his allies" for abstaining from the vote.

UN deliberation will only add more sanctions that really won't touch Putin. He really doesn't care.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ndukwe Onuoha Elected Councilor In The UK Under LP / Biden Reacts To Overturn Of Abortion Rights By Supreme Court / Kate Middleton Has Cancer (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.