Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,263 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry (20653 Views)

Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja / Kaycee Madu Appointed Justice Minister In Canada / Keyamo Redeployed To Ministry Of Labour And Productivity (2) (3) (4)

Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by HonNL: 10:31am On Feb 26, 2022
Former Labour and Immigration Minister Tyler Shandro has become the Minister of Justice and Solicitor General. Madu will take over Shandro’s old portfolio after being stripped of his duties last month.

Minister of Energy Sonya Savage will discontinue her position as acting Justice Minister.

This comes after Kenney stripped Madu of his duties on Jan. 17 after CBC News broke the story that Madu was fined for distracted driving and called Edmonton police chief Dale McFee to discuss the ticket.

It also comes after the Law Society of Alberta launched an investigation into Shandro’s conduct when he was Minister of Health.

Both ministers were under investigation

The move comes after an independent review into the phone call was released on Friday. The review, conducted by former Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Adèle Kent, found that while Madu did not interfere with the administration of justice, he did attempt to do so.

The report also concluded that the phone call created a reasonable perception that he did.

According to a copy of the report obtained by Global News, Madu was pulled over by a constable in an unmarked vehicle near the Constable Daniel Woodall School in Edmonton. The constable, who is unnamed in the report, allegedly saw a cellphone in Madu’s hand which prompted him to pull Madu over and issue a distracted driving ticket. Madu denied the allegations, saying the phone was in his pocket and that he was opening the console of his truck.

Madu then identified himself as the province’s minister of justice to the constable and said he would never do anything to break the law. According to the report, Madu said he was the justice minister three or four times throughout his conversation with the constable.

Madu called Edmonton police chief Dale McFee to discuss the ticket shortly after.
McFee told Kent that Madu sounded “concerned” and “frustrated” and that the politician raised the possibility that there was racial profiling in relation to the ticket while referencing an incident with the Lethbridge police force involving MLA Shannon Phillips.

McFee responded by saying that he was not going to talk about the ticket and Madu had two choices: pay or go to court. Madu never asked McFee to do anything with the ticket, according to the report.

“There is nothing about the stop that could lead a reasonable person to conclude that Minister Madu was racially profiled. It was an ordinary day of a police officer doing his work in a school zone,” Kent wrote in the report.

“The allegations of what went on in Lethbridge are disturbing. However, to take from those facts the possibility that police in other police forces in Alberta are doing the same kind of thing is highly speculative.”

SOURCE

Full Report
https://www.alberta.ca/external/news/kent-report-final.pdf

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by adekanmbi1986(m): 10:33am On Feb 26, 2022
Good
Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by seunmsg(m): 10:58am On Feb 26, 2022
How’s this a clearance? The report concluded that he attempted to interfere with the administration of justice.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by mybiz234: 11:01am On Feb 26, 2022
I wonder how this is clearance. The more you look the less you see in Buhari government.

bestpunterever, the Tinubu slave, are you tired of cancelling my comments?

Please don't get tired. I still have over 900 comments uncancelled. Please get to work instead of staying idle with your life. grin

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by gwafaeziokwu: 11:01am On Feb 26, 2022
seunmsg:
How’s this a clearance? The report concluded that he attempted to interfere with the administration of justice.

I thought as your fellow Nigerian this news would make you happy. Abi no be one Nigeria again?

The investigation found some reasonable perception of abuse of office but nothing concrete as evidence to back it up. Rewarding him with another ministry is a proof of his innocence.

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by bestpunterever: 11:04am On Feb 26, 2022
mybiz234:
I wonder how this is clearance. The more you look the less you see in Buhari government.

bestpunterever, the Tinubu slave, are you tired of cancelling my comments?

Please don't get tired. I still have over 900 comments uncancelled. Please get to work instead of staying idle with your life. grin
Lol, I can see you are frustrated already.. posting from a post to post crying for help so that they can come beg me on your behalf.
I need you to keep posting the whole Nairalander, I need you tell them how I have made your life to be miserable since you a dog to Atiku
You go still tag DSS..

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by seunmsg(m): 11:05am On Feb 26, 2022
gwafaeziokwu:

I thought as your fellow Nigerian this news would make you happy. Abi no be one Nigeria again?

The investigation found some reasonable perception of abuse of office but nothing concrete as evidence to back it up. Rewarding him with another ministry is a proof of his innocence.

I’m not sad in anyway. Just pointing out the inconsistency between the headline and the story. You don’t have to lie because he has a Nigerian origin.

He was not cleared of all wrong doings and that’s why he was removed as Justice minister and Solicitor-General and redeployed to labour ministry.

109 Likes

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:08am On Feb 26, 2022
Igboamaka.

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by nzeobi(m): 11:22am On Feb 26, 2022
seunmsg:

Did he interfere :NO
He was redeployed based on perception and there's no evidence of interference.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by seunmsg(m): 11:28am On Feb 26, 2022
nzeobi:

He was removed as Justice minister because he attempted to interfere in the administration of justice. That he failed in his effort to interfere did not make him any less guilty.

109 Likes

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by inoki247: 11:29am On Feb 26, 2022
Goan sin no more next time caution d Nigeria spirit wey dey inside u...

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by plaetton: 11:30am On Feb 26, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE

You call that cleared ?

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by plaetton: 11:33am On Feb 26, 2022
nzeobi:

Attempting to interfare is as damning as interfering.
People are convicted everyday for Conspiring to commit a crime.

The Premiere just wanted to give a soft landing by demoting him to a junior portfolio. From there, they would ease him out.

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by nzeobi(m): 11:40am On Feb 26, 2022
seunmsg:

He was removed as Justice minister because he attempted to interfere in the administration of justice. That he failed in his effort to interfere did not make him any less guilty.

He did not interfere, how then can you say he failed in his effort to interfere

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by nzeobi(m): 11:41am On Feb 26, 2022
plaetton:

The Premiere just wanted to give a soft landing by demoting him to a junior portfolio. From there, they would ease him out.

But in this there's no evidence he evidence he interfered, it's about perception and not facts

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by seunmsg(m): 11:45am On Feb 26, 2022
nzeobi:

He did not interfere, how then can you say he failed in his effort to interfere

If you make an attempt to interfere in the administration of justice, you either succeed in your effort or fail. He made attempt to interfere and failed because the police chief did not play ball. If you still can’t get it after this, I can’t help you any further.

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by Racoon(m): 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2022
Sane country with good justice administration system.

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by Chassyklef: 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2022
Great
Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by nzeobi(m): 12:03pm On Feb 26, 2022
seunmsg:

If you make an attempt to interfere in the administration of justice, you either succeed in your effort or fail. He made attempt to interfere and failed because the police chief did not play ball. If you still can’t get it after this, I can’t help you any further.

He did not attempt it. The reason he called the police chief was for something different and what they discuss has been explained

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by Tochj(m): 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2022
gwafaeziokwu:

The amount of hatred in so called one Nigeria is too much.
He is not happy,his fellow Nigeria is cleared in a foreign country
Those blaming MNK are hypocrites

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by Tochj(m): 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
plaetton:

You are praying that they ease him out
And don't know that you are a witch.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by plaetton: 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
Tochj:

Nope.
I know how the system works.
I don't put sentiments ahead of common sense.

It is the knee-jerk resort to unnecessary and foolish sentiments on critical issues of personal accountability that has perennially rendered Nigeria a failed state.

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by plaetton: 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
nzeobi:

But in this there's no evidence he evidence he interfered, it's about perception and not facts
I'm not sure how you people reason.
If they say he ATTEMPTED to interfere, but did not succeed in interfering, so that vindicates ?
Which country are you from ?
Nigeria?
It's like saying that if someone tries to rob a bank but failed Because of the bank's robust security system , then that robber is not be convicted of any crime.

He didn't succeed in interfering because that country has a robust system to checkmate people who try to interfere with the course of justice.

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by DeepSight(m): 2:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
Tochj:

Where is the witchcraft?

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by walemoney007(m): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2022
Good one
Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by Tochj(m): 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2022
DeepSight:

Where is the witchcraft?
Wishing another evil is a pure witchcraft

Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by DeepSight(m): 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
Tochj:

Wishing another evil is a pure witchcraft

If that's witchcraft then there are billions of witches among us, in fact only few will be said not to have been witches at one time or another.

That is not witchcraft.
Witchcraft specifically involves the deployment of esoteric, astral, occultic or supernatural powers.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/witchcraft
Re: Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry by Brendaniel: 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
Finally, the whole thing is over...

President Buhari Arrives South Africa (Photos) / Agatu In Total Ruin — UN / Avengers: Security Agents Trail Togo’s Boys