Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,950 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

My Daughter's First Menses! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Daughter's First Menses! (5504 Views)

A Yahooboy Wants To Marry My Daughter. What Should I Do? Elderly Man Asks (vid) / Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? / Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by iyke648(m): 9:23am On May 17, 2022
jaszplus12:
I'd always loved her even before she was born. And when she came she was my third offspring.
Cute at birth and she grew up with great love and compassion at everything she did.
As a girl child I'd always expected her "firsts" especially growing to from child to preteen and adolescence...
About three weeks ago she came to me and told me she's having cramps at her lower abdomen...I was slightly dazed cos at 12 I least expected she'll begin to have these experiences. But I guess we don't know what to expect!
I was both excited and unsure...I prayed she was prepared for the new phase of life...
Today, just got back from work and I was informed she's menstruating!!
Again mixed feelings!
Well...I just said to her...now you're truly growing up!

I'll love to hear from everyone about how they felt when their daughter told them about the first menses! Please let's share! smiley
Funny enough it's a huge celebration in India by the girl's family

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by Klass99(f): 9:40am On May 17, 2022
cool

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by Klass99(f): 9:48am On May 17, 2022
cool

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by DrFunmisticGlow: 2:56pm On May 17, 2022
Klass99:

You can say that again! When it's that time of the month, I find myself silently cursing Eve and wishing she hadn't eaten the forbidden fruit, to thrust all of us into this mess, while also wishing I would stop bleeding already.

I don't know whether to stand, sit or lay down, the internal and external discomfort is just crazy. Not to mention accidentally staining your clothes or fresh bedsheets, then having to change/wash them. The struggle to find the best sleeping position nko, to avoid staining the sheets/mattress, waking up at odd hours to wash up again and change a soaked pad, not being able to go back to sleep afterwards and generally not sleeping well because of menstruation.

It's even worse when it starts within the week and I have to be at work. I am insanely self conscious and not focused on work, I carry all my sanitary items (baby wipes, nylon bags, pads, fresh panties etc) to keep refreshing and changing as the hours go by. It can be extremely uncomfortable doing so in a public rest room.

It is beyond icky and uncomfortable, it is a nasty plague I can't wait to be over and done with.
As nasty as it is, menopause is no joke either

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by Klass99(f): 3:03pm On May 17, 2022
cool

6 Likes

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by Hamachi(f): 4:28pm On May 17, 2022
shocked
Klass99:

So I hear, but it can't be worse than what I currently experience na. I nearly passed out from the heavy flow of my last period and the pain was so excruciating. I have never had it so bad before.
Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by JovialJune(f): 5:21pm On May 17, 2022
[s]
QuinModah:
I was home, i was 13 then, everyone was around, watching a movie on a weekend I think, went to pee then noticed my pant stained, I panicked, stood in the toilet for 30 minutes didn't know what to do, I thought I injured myself down there but I didn't feel pain, I pressed the place no pain, I was pacing, looking at the ceiling thinking if I'm dying cos my mum being a nurse said once you start bleeding non stop in a sensitive place, you're dying, but she didn't say where I pee from was part of it, I was on the verge of tears when my elder sis came and I explained things to her, she just smiled, brought out pad and fixed it for me, then she explained how it is done, do you know that when she told my mum, she just looked at me and removed face, I was never given a sex education angry

Honestly our ancient parents nor try at all, most didn't teach their offspring basic teaching on sex and all, we all should do better with our kids please, it can prevent soo many ills.
[/s]

This isn't your experience, this is an experience from another moniker in October 2019, what do you gain from plagiarism undecided

Fountainofyouth:
I was home, i was 13 then, everyone was around, watching a movie on a weekend I think, went to pee then noticed my pant stained, I panicked, stood in the toilet for 30 minutes didn't know what to do, I thought I injured myself down there but I didn't feel pain, I pressed the place no pain, I was pacing, looking at the ceiling thinking if I'm dying cos my mum being a nurse said once you start bleeding non stop in a sensitive place, you're dying, but she didn't say where I pee from was part of it, I was on the verge of tears when my elder sis came and I explained things to her, she just smiled, brought out pad and fixed it for me, then she explained how it is done, do you know that when she told my mum, she just looked at me and removed face, I was never given a sex education angry

Honestly our ancient parents nor try at all, most didn't teach their offspring basic teaching on sex and all, we all should do better with our kids please, it can prevent soo many ills.

The angry smiley she used, you couldn't even modify and correct yours properly, you left it there in a haste to copy and paste, na wa for you.

6 Likes

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by GloriousGbola: 6:45pm On May 17, 2022
Congrats OP.

My daughter is 12 and she started like 2 months ago. So now in addition to all the other household items I am back to buying sanitiary pads.

And now there are days when my daughter cannot be all there cry

4 Likes

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by GloriousGbola: 6:49pm On May 17, 2022
Klass99:

So I hear, but it can't be worse than what I currently experience na. I nearly passed out from the heavy flow of my last period and the pain was so excruciating. I have never had it so bad before.

Sorry about this

If you are absolutely SURE you do not want kids in the future you can do a hysterectomy.

You are bouyant enough to run AC 24/7, because your real worry is hot flashes.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by baby124: 6:49pm On May 17, 2022
12 is normal for a girl to see her menses. Congratulations OP. Ensure you educate her on STD’s and pregnancy prevention. Also let her know about Abstinence plus safe sex. Just be open and let her know she can come and discuss with you! It’s definitely more impactful actually if these conversations are father-daughter. You are the man she trusts most. So how she will deal or choose men depends on what she learned from you!

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by jaszplus12(m): 9:10pm On May 17, 2022
iyke648:
Funny enough it's a huge celebration in India by the girl's family
You're right!!

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by jaszplus12(m): 9:11pm On May 17, 2022
baby124:
12 is normal for a girl to see her menses. Congratulations OP. Ensure you educate her on STD’s and pregnancy prevention. Also let her know about Abstinence plus safe sex. Just be open and let her know she can come and discuss with you! It’s definitely more impactful actually if these conversations are father-daughter. You are the man she trusts most. So how she will deal or choose men depends on what she learned from you!
Thanks for your kind words! I'll do my best possible!
Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by Corporate2020: 9:16pm On May 17, 2022
A father that comes to Nairaland to discuss his daughter's menstruation , is that one a father? So menstruation is now for the public. It's saddening that the spoilt and wayward children of yesteryears have become parents today. So, what do we expect in the society?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by jaszplus12(m): 9:17pm On May 17, 2022
GloriousGbola:
Congrats OP.

My daughter is 12 and she started like 2 months ago. So now in addition to all the other household items I am back to buying sanitiary pads.

Life's full of crests and troughs! Just do your best!! Cheers
Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by jaszplus12(m): 9:18pm On May 17, 2022
Corporate2020:
A father that comes to Nairaland to discuss his daughter's menstruation , is that one a father? So menstruation is now for the public. It's saddening that the spoilt and wayward children of yesteryears have become parents today. So, what do we expect in the society?
Oh yeah... And you took time to read through? Anyway... Your comments are also valuable!
Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by Klass99(f): 1:08am On May 18, 2022
cool
Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by Hamachi(f): 9:20am On May 18, 2022
shocked
Klass99:

I am absolutely certain, but I choose to not go under the knife for any procedures in my lifetime, if it is not a life or death situation. I prefer the natural course of things in this life. I have also heard of and seen simple procedures go horribly wrong, I'll rather err on the side of caution and not take certain risks with my life.

On Wazobia FM, a female anchor narrated how she was in surgery and being operated on when NEPA took light. The surgeon and nurses were using flashlights on their phones to continue the procedure for some time before the gen came on. A documentary on BBC showed how uncomplicated procedures like laser hair removal, botox/filler injections, resulted to complications and botched up bodies, requiring additional surgery and medication to fix. Some didn't look like they could ever be fixed, at the time the documentary aired and this was in Egypt o.
Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by QuinModah(f): 4:52pm On May 19, 2022
undecided
GloriousGbola:
Congrats OP.

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by lavylilly: 4:11am On May 20, 2022
wink
jaszplus12:

Wow.... Some experiences are really incomprehensible! Parents didn't know you were having periods for a whole year?? Thank God you were capable!!

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by lavylilly: 4:12am On May 20, 2022
undecided
emmanuelbrown26:

Shake it very very well before boko go cut am
Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by Threesha(f): 1:49am On May 22, 2022
JovialJune:
[s][/s]

This isn't your experience, this is an experience from another moniker in October 2019, what do you gain from plagiarism undecided

The angry smiley she used, you couldn't even modify and correct yours properly, you left it there in a haste to copy and paste, na wa for you.
Good job detective

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by Oyindamolah: 1:29am On May 23, 2022
smiley
jaszplus12:

Big girl!!! Funny too.... Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by TheKrakon: 6:52am On May 23, 2022
Omor make Ieave this place for the ones when dey rear human beings. We we prefer to rear money and properties.
Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by Threesha(f): 4:31am On May 26, 2022
undecided
TheKrakon:
Omor make Ieave this place for the ones when dey rear human beings. We we prefer to rear money and properties.
Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by TheKrakon: 9:53am On May 26, 2022
Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by efficiencie(m): 6:09pm On May 26, 2022
jaszplus12:
I'd always loved her even before she was born. And when she came she was my third offspring.
Cute at birth and she grew up with great love and compassion at everything she did.
As a girl child I'd always expected her "firsts" especially growing to from child to preteen and adolescence...
About three weeks ago she came to me and told me she's having cramps at her lower abdomen...I was slightly dazed cos at 12 I least expected she'll begin to have these experiences. But I guess we don't know what to expect!
I was both excited and unsure...I prayed she was prepared for the new phase of life...
Today, just got back from work and I was informed she's menstruating!!
Again mixed feelings!
Well...I just said to her...now you're truly growing up!

I'll love to hear from everyone about how they felt when their daughter told them about the first menses! Please let's share! smiley

Train her well sir. Train her very well. Because these days it seems the spirit of stupidity has been unleashed on many ladies. I hear relationship issues that ladies are involved in and sometimes I wonder if their brains were surgically relocated to their butts. Train her to be wise. Train her to be chaste. Train her to be focused and purpose driven. Train her to be a solution to her world and not another addition to the community of bimbos.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by QuinModah(f): 7:45pm On May 26, 2022
efficiencie:

Train her well sir. Train her very well. Because these days it seems the spirit of stupidity has been unleashed on many ladies. I hear relationship issues that ladies are involved in and sometimes I wonder if their brains were surgically relocated to their butts. Train her to be wise. Train her to be chaste. Train her to be focused and purpose driven. Train her to be a solution to her world and not another addition to the community of bimbos.
Hope you training your daughters too

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by jaszplus12(m): 1:03am On May 27, 2022
efficiencie:

Thank you sir. I will do my best possible! Thank you...
Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by efficiencie(m): 12:00pm On May 27, 2022
QuinModah:
Hope you training your daughters too

By God's grace, yes. I cannot bear to what my daughters being used like rag the way I see modern ladies get used. There is nothing admirable in ladies having multiple sex partners, aborting multiple babies, becoming public toilets that randy idiots use regularly to ease themselves and becoming a single mother with little or no moral value to pass on to the next generation.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by QuinModah(f): 8:38am On May 29, 2022
smiley
efficiencie:

By God's grace, yes. I cannot bear to what my daughters being used like rag the way I see modern ladies get used. There is nothing admirable in ladies having multiple sex partners, aborting multiple babies, becoming public toilets that randy idiots use regularly to ease themselves and becoming a single mother with little or no moral value to pass on to the next generation.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by lavylilly: 9:02pm On May 31, 2022
wink
Re: My Daughter's First Menses! by poweredcom(m): 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
Pascopele:
ALL my daughter are given sex education from age 8
Sex education, I make sure they are still intact till eldest left for college. I monitor their periods like a hawk and any small thing na hospital straight. I personally teach them their cycles days, how to place the pad on their pants & make them understand if they wish to have sex it's their choice but condom is a MUST.

However, I kept some sex book in my room and would ask them to bring another book close to it for me. I know this would make them read the book since my adult kids are d curios type.

As for the boys, I know they already know something I give them a twenty leaf excercise book and tell them to write all they know about Hiv/Aids.

Once they are about to enter college we'd sit and talk and the subject might go into s.ex at some point and I'd tell my daughters not to sleep with any man and all that but if they wish to condom is a MUST.

As some grew older, I usually would ask if they'd a boyfriend. Once in a while I'd chip in the 'if you want to have sexx, make sure you use a condom. Don't let the man deceive you into not using a condom' advise.

I remember when went to visit my daughter one certain time in college. I told her I saw the por'n she'd been watching in my dvd and some more in my book rack. She was embarassed but I just laughed about it. All in all, I was okay.

Sex education lecture on SafeHavenJoint telegram channel

Don't miss it

Pasco u got kids , daaam how do u do this ...daaam

Dat idoma babe from baruwa contact u posted long ago where is baruwa in Lagos

Pls is it in Lagos or abuja

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need Help: He Snores While Sleeping / Help On Best Baby Hair Lotion. / Update On The Woman Who Has Been Cheating On Her Husband With A Bike Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.