Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Increasing Corruption At The Warri Train Station (ujevwu) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Increasing Corruption At The Warri Train Station (ujevwu) (419 Views)

Photo: Ikeja BRT Station Just Behind The Ikeja Train Station / Aerial View Of Lagos Metrol Rail And The Marina Train Station / Jubril Gawat: What The Yaba Train Station Will Look Look When Finished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Increasing Corruption At The Warri Train Station (ujevwu) by Briggsdnero1(m): 11:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
This short article is meant to make the general public aware of the frustration, neglect and disappointment melted on passengers daily at the warri train station by the railway workers.

The Warri (Ujevwu) train station is the first station of the warri to Itakpe train route. Hence passengers traveling to Itakpe, Agbor, Uromi, Ajaokuta and many more usually patronise the station.

So early as 6:30am on Saturday 26th February 2022, I left my friends house where I've slept over to be able to meet up with the time as the train is scheduled to depart for Itakpe by 8:00am. By 6:50am I was at the train station already to buy a ticket to Uromi.

It was really disheartening to share that I couldn't get a ticket due to so many reasons.
Firstly, There was so much passengers that the railway workers claimed that the train was filled and that ticket was exhausted despite its the first station.
Secondly, that the available slots was for VIP unless we are all going to pay #5500 for a fare of #1600.
Thirdly, slots are available for people they know personally as the sit slots are shared among the railway workers and therefore meant for those willing to pay any amount they requested one to pay.

It now means that despite having your TFare, you can't get a ticket at the station unless you lobby for it. My heart goes out to so many passengers who lobbied to get tickets or payed through agents but couldn't get onboard the train as it left at 8:00am.

The best I could do was to put myself together and go back home disappointed.

Thanks for finding time to read

Re: Increasing Corruption At The Warri Train Station (ujevwu) by otokx(m): 11:26pm On Feb 26, 2022
Nigeria we hail thee, government should hand over the rails to the Chinese for proper management.
Re: Increasing Corruption At The Warri Train Station (ujevwu) by Ojemedad: 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2022
otokx:
Nigeria we hail thee, government should hand over the rails to the Chinese for proper management.

Gbam, we are too currupt and evil to let things move smoothly for our own good

(1) (Reply)

/ Malawi Embassy In Nigerians / 10 Best Field To Study In Canada To Land A Lucrative Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.